Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

New outtake version of Satisfaction?
Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: March 16, 2016 14:26

I recieved the great 3CD set "More Stoned Than You'll Ever Be" (from Scorpio UK) recently. There seem to be many "new" bootleg takes, like the Trident and Satanic Session edits.
But first of all I wonder what is the miracle of track 24 on CD3: an "alternate" take of Satisfaction.

It sounds similar to the final take, but "rougher", is complete (with real ending) and somewhat shorter. It does not sound like a TV/radio take.

And it is not the demo with harmonica which is only known because it was used on Shindig.

I think it was NOT included on the first issue of More stoned.

Anybody has an idea?

Re: New outtake version of Satisfaction?
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 16, 2016 14:59

What would be really interesting is to hear their first take of Satisfaction before they added the fuzz guitar. Are there any outtakes of that?

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: March 16, 2016 16:52

Great news, even if the Indiana Jones thread seems to have more success in this board...
If true, Scorpio is still a great tape finder label.
Unfortunately you have to buy a 3 CDs set to have a handfull of unheard before tracks.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: March 16, 2016 18:52

This version of Satisfaction is included on the old version of "More Stoned..." issued by DigIt but it's not listed on the cover. It's on disc 3, track 21.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-16 18:59 by Deltics.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: March 16, 2016 19:19

Deltics
This version of Satisfaction is included on the old version of "More Stoned..." issued by DigIt but it's not listed on the cover. It's on disc 3, track 21.

Mystery solved - this is Yer! Yer! / BBC Saturday Club August 20, 1965 (recording date; broadcasted on August 30, 1965 and September 18, 1965). So nothing new - unfortunately.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: March 16, 2016 19:27

alimente
Deltics

Mystery solved - this is Yer! Yer! / BBC Saturday Club August 20, 1965 (recording date; broadcasted on August 30, 1965 and September 18, 1965). So nothing new - unfortunately.

Yep! Just about to say the same.
[www.youtube.com]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-16 19:29 by Deltics.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: March 16, 2016 19:39

Looks like everybody is satisfied then.

Date: March 16, 2016 20:52

Silver Dagger

Not quite, a true Satisfaction outtake would satisfy me more - at least a tiny bit...

Posted by: philrock90 ()
Date: March 16, 2016 20:54

where can i grab more stoned than you'll ever be? interested in a few of the outtakes etc

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: March 16, 2016 23:17

Love this version. It's so punky in sound and attitude. True story - not this version of the tune, but the officially released version of Satisfaction ended up being the song that played while my betrothed walked down the aisle to marry me. A friend had messed up the order of cassette tapes to be played at our wedding so the Stones doing Satisfaction became our marriage song. How little did I know the theme of the song would come to mean so much re the marriage. To this day, some of the folks who attended the wedding still say they have never been to a wedding where Satisfaction was played while the soon to be married couple came together before the preacher. The other highlight of the wedding was that it was so hot in Maryland that summer day that we opened the bar before the wedding ceremony. Amazing how much beer flowed through them taps and wine disappeared before the words "I do" were ever said.

Date: March 17, 2016 17:30

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: March 18, 2016 01:24

Looks nice. Just ordered it

Rod

Posted by: ReelStone ()
Date: March 22, 2016 17:48

Deluxe tri-fold. Go get it.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: March 23, 2016 01:30

i bought it, arrived yesterday in scotland from canada.

total cost around £24.

my first bootleg cd, would like more but never know where to find them.

Date: March 23, 2016 10:32

Some Things are easy (and cheap) to get on Ebay. Try international search.

Kaiser.vincenz@gmail.com

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: March 23, 2016 11:04

Silver Dagger

...Sexually, financially ànd philosophically?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 23, 2016 11:18

Any word on "new" outtakes or are they just "edits" (as shown on the cover) of previously bootlegged material?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: March 23, 2016 12:51

Some Trident/Satanic tracks are professional edits - never released before as far as I know.

Date: March 23, 2016 13:27

ok, so they don't sound the same or it's just the length? If it's just the length I'm not sure how it can be decided whether they are "professional edits" ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: March 23, 2016 16:22

They're edited, not just faden out earlier. Same basic tracks as usual for Trident stuff, (some) Satanic tracks Sound more finished than on the two 4cd sets, but honestly I have not heard these rehearsal stuff since I quit drinking.

Date: March 23, 2016 18:58

Monsoon Ragoon
Some Trident/Satanic tracks are professional edits - never released before as far as I know.

The question is if this is just a straight copy of the "old" More Stoned-release on DigIt. In case it is, the Trident/Satanic edited tracks are nothing new at all.

Or did Scorpio just use the older release's tracklist as a guideline, but used new audio material from better tapes compared to DigIt's version?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-23 19:10 by alimente.

Date: March 23, 2016 19:09

I don't know that other release. Most tracks on the Scorpio are superb quality - like official releases.

Date: March 23, 2016 19:20

Monsoon Ragoon
I don't know that other release. Most tracks on the Scorpio are superb quality - like official releases.

Is it possible to post one of the Trident tracks on WeTransfer for a quick check?

Date: March 23, 2016 19:30

Sorry. Not possible for me. Can anybody help out?

Date: March 24, 2016 07:58

Well, the edited tracks are already on the old version, and they sound really good, so there's no new material on the new version. However, the questions still remains if the new version sounds any better, and if so, I mean considerably better from lower tape generations - and not just eq'ed differently.

Posted by: opj ()
Date: March 24, 2016 10:56

I bought in Copenhagen for 140,- Danish kroner.

Date: March 25, 2016 20:02

Just got a hold of the DigIt version and giving it a quick listen..."Highway Child" sounds a LOT better than any version I'd heard before. Same take it seems though so they must have had access to better tapes...

--------------

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 25, 2016 23:49

RoughJusticeOnYa
Silver Dagger

...Sexually, financially ànd philosophically?

financially, still trying

Date: March 26, 2016 14:33

Posted the DIGIT version here [www.iorr.org]

--------------

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1925
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home