Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

REWIND Updated
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 2, 2016 17:39

Forget FORTY LICKS and the grunting one and JUMP BACK.

REWIND was superior to all of them. An update, some sequence rearranging (this track listing is 79 minutes) and a properly remastered reissue of it would be huge.

Brown Sugar
Start Me Up
Tumbling Dice
Love Is Strong
Rough Justice
It's Only Rock And Roll (But I Like It) (edit)
She's So Cold
Shattered
Doom And Gloom
Undercover Of The Night (edit)
Anybody Seen My Baby? (edit)
Miss You (UK edit)
Emotional Rescue (edit)
Beast Of Burden
Fool To Cry (edit)
Waiting On A Friend
Angie
Don't Stop (edit)
Mixed Emotions (edit)
Hang Fire
Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-03 20:34 by GasLightStreet.

Re: REWIND Updated
Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: March 2, 2016 17:53

Not a fan of any edited songs

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: March 2, 2016 17:55

For God´s sake skip Fool To Cry and add One Hit To The Body.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 2, 2016 18:15

GasLightStreet

An update, some sequence rearranging (this track listing is 79 minutes) and a properly remastered reissue of it would be huge.

What's the reason for the edited tracks? Only because of the running time to fit on a CD?

With Harddisk-Players or 200GB+ SD-Cards/USB-Thumbdrives it's quite easy to make an own Best-Of Album.

At e.g. the PonoMusic Store (US) or Qobuz.com (Europe) you'll get the appropriate files in lossless CD-Quality or HD.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-02 18:30 by Irix.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: March 2, 2016 18:45

Maindefender

Agree! Drop a song or two, but no edits!

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: March 2, 2016 18:50

How about just an '86 to '05 compilation? Or even an '86 to '16 comp to include the next album... We don't need anymore reissues of the old comp albums. There are just too many, imo.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 2, 2016 19:05

Better a further edition of this one ....

.... but this time with real rarities. smiling smiley

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: March 2, 2016 19:33

Personally I would say lay off the hits packages for a while. It's starting to feel like there are more of them than actual studio albums. But they could release a "video" hits package which hasn't been over done. My two cents.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: March 2, 2016 21:15

too many compilation albums already out there, a video hits dvd would be a good idea though.

they could expand on rewind and maybe some promo videos from the 60,s added in too.

all nicely packaged.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 3, 2016 02:34

buttons67
too many compilation albums already out there, a video hits dvd would be a good idea though.

they could expand on rewind and maybe some promo videos from the 60,s added in too.

all nicely packaged.

nice

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 3, 2016 07:25

It could be packaged like 40 Licks, with one DVD having pre-71 videos and performances (sanctioned by ABKCO), and one DVD with 71 and onward. With great BluRay sound of course. Just have as many videos as there are out there. The Beatles just did it, and if you don't like a song, fast forward to the next.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: March 3, 2016 07:28

Rewind part 2 : [online.bmg.com]

Date: March 3, 2016 18:58

HMS

It should have good songs, not bad songs.

Date: March 3, 2016 18:59

Maindefender

Well, they help with fitting on long comps like they do, although a majority of the edit versions were done for the 45 singles so in that aspect they're worthy of listening to.

Date: March 3, 2016 19:02

kowalski
Rewind part 2 : [online.bmg.com]

Some horrible songs on that. Wow. Winning Ugly? One Hit? Rock And A Hard Place? You Got Me Rocking?

Wow - Sweethearts Together!!!!!????

That's way too many. There are more. I guess they had a quota to fill since no one with a brain would get that.

"Terryfying" sounds interesting.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: March 3, 2016 19:05

Compilation albums are outdated on today's market, their latest compilation did sell poorly even with a tour and 2 new songs on it.
Its all about streaming and digital tracks, anyone interested on the Stones are buying Hot Rocks or Jump Back, that's it.

Date: March 3, 2016 19:18

Irix
GasLightStreet

An update, some sequence rearranging (this track listing is 79 minutes) and a properly remastered reissue of it would be huge.

What's the reason for the edited tracks? Only because of the running time to fit on a CD?

With Harddisk-Players or 200GB+ SD-Cards/USB-Thumbdrives it's quite easy to make an own Best-Of Album.

At e.g. the PonoMusic Store (US) or Qobuz.com (Europe) you'll get the appropriate files in lossless CD-Quality or HD.

Yes. It's strictly for that purpose, what it could look like with additional proper songs on it (although, as it turns out, that one I posted is just over 80 minutes long! So something would have to be removed, most likely Don't Stop). Which is a double album, really, on vinyl, of course. I know on whatever media player/thumb drive and whatever else it could be much longer or even be a box set.

The tracks on REWIND are all album versions, no edit versions.

I've made several versions of REWIND. As boring as listening to the hits gets, sometimes it's good to listen with additional tracks.

Minus Don't Stop and LP versions of UOTNight, ERescue and BOBurden it's 79 minutes:

Brown Sugar
Start Me Up
Tumbling Dice
Love Is Strong
Rough Justice
It's Only Rock And Roll (But I Like It) (edit)
She's So Cold
Shattered
Doom And Gloom
Undercover Of The Night
Anybody Seen My Baby? (edit)
Miss You (UK edit)
Emotional Rescue
Beast Of Burden
Fool To Cry (edit)
Waiting On A Friend
Angie
Mixed Emotions (edit)
Hang Fire
Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker)

Date: March 3, 2016 19:21

georgelicks
Compilation albums are outdated on today's market, their latest compilation did sell poorly even with a tour and 2 new songs on it.
Its all about streaming and digital tracks, anyone interested on the Stones are buying Hot Rocks or Jump Back, that's it.

I know. It should only be HOT ROCKS and, because it was their last hits compilation covering Rolling Stones Records and really, a classic hits album, REWIND, even updated.

It seems the album refuses to go away but compilations have become pointless. I still like them.

Date: March 3, 2016 21:27

GasLightStreet
HMS

Of course. And that is exactly the reason why I suggested to remove Fool To Cry and add One Hit To The Body instead.

A removal of Waiting On A Friend and adding Feel On Baby or Winning Ugly would also make sense (to me).

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 4, 2016 03:00

HMS
GasLightStreet
HMS

Of course. And that is exactly the reason why I suggested to remove Fool To Cry and add One Hit To The Body instead.

A removal of Waiting On A Friend and adding Feel On Baby or Winning Ugly would also make sense (to me).

Do those songs even have videos? We're talking video compilation here.

Date: March 4, 2016 08:08

HMS
GasLightStreet
HMS

You obviously can't read since I said good songs and there you go, typing out bad songs after saying "Of course".

Only a kook would pollute a hits album with shit songs that are:
- shit
- horrible
- no good
- embarrassing
- belong to the worst album in the history of rock
- not hits

Date: March 4, 2016 08:11

24FPS
HMS
GasLightStreet
HMS

Do those songs even have videos? We're talking video compilation here.

I don't recall if those crap DIRTY WORK songs have videos other than the dental chair experience of One Hit but this is about the album REWIND, not the video comp.

Date: March 4, 2016 13:49

There was a quite cool cartoon-clip for Harlem Shuffle and the video of One Hit To The Body belongs to their very best videos (in no way a dental chair experience, although Mick´s voluminous hairdo makes me smile in hindsight).

When I first saw the One-Hit-clip I was very much impressed, top notch song and excellent video.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: March 4, 2016 16:16

HMS
There was a quite cool cartoon-clip for Harlem Shuffle and the video of One Hit To The Body belongs to their very best videos (in no way a dental chair experience, although Mick´s voluminous hairdo makes me smile in hindsight).

When I first saw the One-Hit-clip I was very much impressed, top notch song and excellent video.

Stones go Bon Jovi, so to speak.

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: March 4, 2016 18:29

No reason. Rewind was just another compilation. It may have spoken to the 60's generation for whom it was the last compilation that had certain relevance, before they got settled down, but that's not reason enough to let it go back in print.

Date: March 8, 2016 17:47

Blueranger
No reason. Rewind was just another compilation. It may have spoken to the 60's generation for whom it was the last compilation that had certain relevance, before they got settled down, but that's not reason enough to let it go back in print.

It was a contractual release, to mark the end of their distributors for that era. It's also a really good career review from 1971 to 1983. I doubt it spoke to the 60s generation since it had nothing on it from the 60s - and anyone from the 60s may have already owned MADE IN THE SHADE, the Stones' first compilation album, that has 1971 and 1972 tracks on it that would speak to the 60s generation.

Date: March 8, 2016 18:04

GasLightStreet
Blueranger

It was a contractual release, to mark the end of their distributors for that era. It's also a really good career review from 1971 to 1983. I doubt it spoke to the 60s generation since it had nothing on it from the 60s - and anyone from the 60s may have already owned MADE IN THE SHADE, the Stones' first compilation album, that has 1971 and 1972 tracks on it that would speak to the 60s generation.

He might have meant the generation born in the 60s?

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: March 8, 2016 19:23

Blueranger

It had no relevance at all in 1984, it remained on the Billboard 200 only 11 weeks peaking at #86, for about 18 years (until Forty Licks) it was the only compilation album released on the States which included all the hits from Brown Sugar to Undercover, yet only reached the Gold status on May 2000, it took 16 years to sell 500,000 copies even with over 10 years of monsters tours (1989-1999) as help and the CD re-issue on early 1987.
They should re-release their last compilation album Grrr and drop the price a lot, 10 dollars for the 50 tracks or something and that one will sell a lot for years to come, right now their only album selling is Hot Rocks which is not so priced.

Date: March 11, 2016 05:24

georgelicks
Blueranger

It had no relevance at all in 1984, it remained on the Billboard 200 only 11 weeks peaking at #86, for about 18 years (until Forty Licks) it was the only compilation album released on the States which included all the hits from Brown Sugar to Undercover, yet only reached the Gold status on May 2000, it took 16 years to sell 500,000 copies even with over 10 years of monsters tours (1989-1999) as help and the CD re-issue on early 1987.
They should re-release their last compilation album Grrr and drop the price a lot, 10 dollars for the 50 tracks or something and that one will sell a lot for years to come, right now their only album selling is Hot Rocks which is not so priced.

They should've not called it GRRRR and should've called it REWIND!!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Previous page Next page First page IORR home