Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
IORR web site maintenance
Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 18, 2016 16:14

IORR is under maintenance. Due to security reasons, I will not comment or discuss what level and type of mainetance is being performed. Any web site with one or more million visitors per year do need heavy maintenance and security. It is an ongoing process. Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

Bjornulf

Was IORR down today?
Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: February 18, 2016 16:37

Couldn't get on Tell Me throughout my entire workday. Kind of made things hectic. Hope I didn't miss anything.

Re: IORR web site maintenance
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: February 18, 2016 16:44

Good luck.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: February 18, 2016 16:51

No worries. IORR will always be there, it's just a matter of hard work. Sort of behind curtains work you don't see, and you don't really need to worry about.

Bjornulf

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: February 18, 2016 17:14

thumbs up IORR thumbs up

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 18, 2016 17:15

Thanks for letting us know - I was worried! Enjoy the tour, Bjornulf

Posted by: swaymusik ()
Date: February 18, 2016 17:41

Muchas Gracias Bjornulf!
Great service!!
OLÉ OLÉ OLÉ IORR!!!

cool smiley

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 18, 2016 17:59

Keep up the good work - especially the ease of use of the site.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: February 18, 2016 18:05

Looked like the mysql service had to be restarted ... no big deal usually ...

Would you mind to share the hosting info, BV?
I would recon, IORR.org has it's own (virtual) managed (hopefully!) server?

Date: February 18, 2016 18:13

There is something called "attacking" a web site. Normally it is done for a reason. Like hijack, money, political or whatever. My profession is the web business so I know all about this. Every bank and every financial site in the world of significance do experience this all the time, small attacks, large attacks, some succeed, most fail.

They took down VISA.com for political reasons. Who are they? Anonymous hackers on Internet. Or just enemies. Or a schoolkid from Norway that spent 100 usd and took down our løargest bank for no reason, because he was bored... Unfortunately too young to be jailed... VISA.com went down for hours, even if they invest millions of US dollars on infrastucture and security.

I have a tiny budget, actually it is out of my own pocket, from my private, tour budget, I don't have sponsors, but I have great help back home, and rest assured that my secret help is way smarter than any hacker in the world. They may take down IORR for a short time frame, but I am working on the time frame and the security level. Whatever it takes, it is such a waste trying to harm IORR.

Just ask the woman who just tried to "hijack" me downstairs at the next door Rio cafe. I will do a story about it in my travel blog, just for te fun of it. No harm done.. I might be in the target group, just like IORR.org is, but there are rules, especially my own, and I intend to stay on this tour as happy as I was when I left home. And just for the record - I love Brazil, even if it is rougher than the past few weeks on tour. Just love it.

Bjornulf

Re: Was IORR down today?
Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: February 18, 2016 18:16

frankotero
Couldn't get on Tell Me throughout my entire workday. Kind of made things hectic. Hope I didn't miss anything.

Does that mean you got some work done instead?...............cool smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-18 18:19 by EddieByword.

Date: February 18, 2016 18:20

I will never share any technical info about iorr.org. It is part of the security measures. Actually it is against the policy to maintain such a thread like this one, but I am an open person, and this thread will be here for a short while now.

But ... I will share one thing. Since the online IORR.org started back in 1996, following the offline start in 1980, it has moved from on site private into the cloud. And it will move up into the realms of whatever it takes to make it running in a secure and stable environment.

Remember you will not find many web site with 20 years old URL addresses that still work perfectly. Very few internal 404 errors on IORR... If you find one please let me know, and I will give you a bonus.

Bjornulf

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: February 18, 2016 18:33

bv ->

I'll just take this moment to thank you for all of the work you do to provide this space for us free of charge. I can tell that you obviously enjoy it, but know from personal experience that things which are enjoyed can also require much work and investment of both time and money.

Sad to think that the disruptions on the site over the past few days may have come as a result of someone purposely attempting to cause harm to the site. At least I think that's what you implied. Glad you've got some great "techies" on your side to fight back. I wish could offer assistance but will continue to offer support!

Hope you continue to have enjoyable experiences while following the tour!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: February 18, 2016 19:16

You said it all! -- Mr. DJA

Was very worried about YOU BV...

Date: February 18, 2016 19:17

Oh, hope I didn't open a can of worms. Was only curious if there was a problem with the network at my job. Happy there's nothing to worry about. Thank you and press on BV, enjoy the rest of the tour!

Re: Was IORR down today?
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: February 18, 2016 19:19

frankotero

Imagine that, you have to work all day smoking smiley

Date: February 18, 2016 19:34

Hey, I worked kind of hard actually. Maybe you wouldn't believe I'm responsible, just checking IORR during idle time. That's what I do when others are checking sports and news. Actually I get a lot of regular news right here, plus from my co-workers, believe me that's more than I want.

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: February 18, 2016 19:57

Can't go to IORR with IE8 explorer no more...

Date: February 18, 2016 20:23

bv
I will never share any technical info about iorr.org. It is part of the security measures. Actually it is against the policy to maintain such a thread like this one, but I am an open person, and this thread will be here for a short while now.

But ... I will share one thing. Since the online IORR.org started back in 1996, following the offline start in 1980, it has moved from on site private into the cloud. And it will move up into the realms of whatever it takes to make it running in a secure and stable environment.

Remember you will not find many web site with 20 years old URL addresses that still work perfectly. Very few internal 404 errors on IORR... If you find one please let me know, and I will give you a bonus.

Cool. smileys with beer

I'm in the business, too; since '89 or something, when there still was Gopher and no images in the WWW, hehehe ...

Good to hear you have high standart tech support - very justified this is given the traffic your wonderful site has. Dangers from Script Kiddies, SQL-Injections or actual DOS-attacks are serious matters. If there's anything I could do to support you and iorr.org, I would be happy to try and support as much as I could.

Very much apprechiating you work for all of us, also in terms of the technical neccessities,

Yours, Johannes

keep on rolling!

Date: February 18, 2016 20:25

Rank Stranger

LOL!

Why use ancient, unsecure browsers when there's plenty of better ones all around?
confused smiley

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: February 18, 2016 21:16

bv
There is something called "attacking" a web site. Normally it is done for a reason. Like hijack, money, political or whatever. My profession is the web business so I know all about this. Every bank and every financial site in the world of significance do experience this all the time, small attacks, large attacks, some succeed, most fail.

They took down VISA.com for political reasons. Who are they? Anonymous hackers on Internet. Or just enemies. Or a schoolkid from Norway that spent 100 usd and took down our løargest bank for no reason, because he was bored... Unfortunately too young to be jailed... VISA.com went down for hours, even if they invest millions of US dollars on infrastucture and security.

I have a tiny budget, actually it is out of my own pocket, from my private, tour budget, I don't have sponsors, but I have great help back home, and rest assured that my secret help is way smarter than any hacker in the world. They may take down IORR for a short time frame, but I am working on the time frame and the security level. Whatever it takes, it is such a waste trying to harm IORR.

Just ask the woman who just tried to "hijack" me downstairs at the next door Rio cafe. I will do a story about it in my travel blog, just for te fun of it. No harm done.. I might be in the target group, just like IORR.org is, but there are rules, especially my own, and I intend to stay on this tour as happy as I was when I left home. And just for the record - I love Brazil, even if it is rougher than the past few weeks on tour. Just love it.

Glad you're well and enjoying yourself!! thumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: LovingCupola ()
Date: February 18, 2016 21:28

Thanks bv for all the work you do keeping this site active.smileys with beer Safe travels!

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: February 18, 2016 21:36

bv

Ahhh, I guess you had to put up some kind of a fight.
the question is, did the lady get to cover you in roses?...............smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-18 21:36 by EddieByword.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 18, 2016 22:12

who turned the lights out George ....????

ROCKMAN

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: February 18, 2016 22:25

Whew! Now I can breath easy again...IORR is back and all is right with the world. grinning smiley

Happy continued travels Bjornulf, and add me to the chorus of thank yous for all that you do to keep IORR afloat. smileys with beer

Date: February 19, 2016 00:56

Rank Stranger

IORR is working with all browsers, I mean ALL. If you have a browsing problem then follow these advices:

- Delete local cache i.e. temporary browsing files
- With IE set compatability mode
- Use another browser
- Throw the PC out of the window, but make sure there are no old ladies there

Bjornulf

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: February 19, 2016 01:33

bv
Rank Stranger

IORR is working with all browsers, I mean ALL. If you have a browsing problem then follow these advices:

- Use another browser

>grinning smiley< >grinning smiley< >grinning smiley< hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: everwest1 ()
Date: February 19, 2016 01:40

paulywaul
bv
Rank Stranger

- Use another browser

>grinning smiley< >grinning smiley< >grinning smiley< hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up

lol... and I really did grinning smiley

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: February 19, 2016 01:47

[youtu.be]

Olly.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: February 19, 2016 02:52

Can you write some code to block the word 'setlist'?

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2258
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home