Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Help Requested Identifying 1981 Images
Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: February 5, 2016 22:19

Hello Awesome Rolling Stones Experts,

I downloaded these 1981 Rolling Stones images a while ago. Will someone please identify which show these images were recorded and the photographer? Are there any color photos from this show available? Do we know what color these clothes are that the Stones are wearing? Is there anything in the pics to indetify this performance? Thank you very much.

You can download the whole set or see more of these images until March 1st at Stones 1981 SmugMug Link Click "Download All" on the right side for the whole set or they can be downloaded individually.

I always appreciate the trouble people here on IORR got to identifying where a photo is from and the photographer. I always want to know who and where. Tumblr and the other one drive me nuts. I often right-click on an image and select "Search Google for Image" to look for a better copy of the image (photo), the date/location and the photographer. Thank you everyone here!

When you find the photographer and Google the photographer's name and 'Rolling Stones' there's often more images available. Of course I'm not telling many of us anything but not everyone is an avid (rabid) Stones photo searcher as some of us.

I'd be glad to share any and every photo I have with you. I'd love more help identifying the. I always try to make the file name of my photo to include any info that I have. Right-click the above photos I posted and you'll see.

When I date code photos i put the year then month then day as that is the only way the will fall in to chronological (time) order. example 810829 is August 29, 1981.

I can easily share photos on smugmug.com and they can all be downloaded with a click (all at once from any group of photos). I would love help identifying photos. I'll post this in a new thread. Help would be appreciated.

If anyone is interested in doing this Rolling Stones photo project, please let me know. Post here, a new thread or email me please at PhotoMedia@live.com .

I only have a limited amount of storage space, so uploads will be for a limited time.

Re: Help Requested Identifying 1981 Images
Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: February 6, 2016 00:19

Phoenix?

Date: February 6, 2016 00:21

Or isnt that just Tempe? From Let´s spend the night? It really looks like it.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: February 6, 2016 00:28

Tempe is just outside of Phoenix - so it's the same. Wow@ This is Arizona!

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: February 6, 2016 00:30

mick's hair, the clothes, the movie cameras in the photo's, sun devil stadium, dec. 13, 1981.

Date: February 6, 2016 12:28

Looks like Tempe (from the LSTNT film).

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: February 6, 2016 12:35

Yeah, you can clearly see movie cameras and film crew so it must be Tempe.

Date: February 6, 2016 12:58

Very cool thanks for posting thumbs up funny how us fans can tell by the look of micks hair.

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: February 7, 2016 00:50

I downloaded the full set. This is awesome!

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: February 7, 2016 01:07

exilestones

When I date code photos i put the year then month then day as that is the only way the will fall in to chronological (time) order. example 810829 is August 29, 1981.

I use exactly the same filing system but I always put a leading '19' at the start for the 20th century e.g 19810829 and a leading '20' for this century.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: Paul Kersey ()
Date: February 7, 2016 12:57

Brilliant thanks!

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 7, 2016 13:07

Deltics
I use exactly the same filing system but I always put a leading '19' at the start for the 20th century e.g 19810829 and a leading '20' for this century.

Good plan - I recommend it!
I include the photographers' names when I can track them down, and (when it's important) the source in small letters, eg:

19820210 Shepperton studios_GeredMankowitz_rockman

so anyone reposting photos from my collection almost never has an excuse for omitting the photographer credits.
I really encourage that too. Most of us can't recognize who took a photo the way we can recognize what band is playing,
so it's really vital to pass on the photographers' names. It's their work, and crediting them is the least we can do.

Thanks people

Posted by: brownsugar86 ()
Date: February 20, 2016 14:15

Slightly off topic, but still 1981 related....I'm looking to put together Mick's outfit of the Green Football jersey for a tribute gig.

Does anyone know if he was wearing shoulder pads under his jersey? Or if that was just the design of the shoulders in the jersey.

I'm from England so I'm also getting American Football and Baseball jersey's mixed up as I browse the web.

Posted by: keithglimmer ()
Date: February 20, 2016 14:36

brownsugar86
Slightly off topic, but still 1981 related....I'm looking to put together Mick's outfit of the Green Football jersey for a tribute gig.

Does anyone know if he was wearing shoulder pads under his jersey? Or if that was just the design of the shoulders in the jersey.

I'm from England so I'm also getting American Football and Baseball jersey's mixed up as I browse the web.

I think he had a long scarf tucked in around his shoulders. The tip of the scarf was sticking out & Ronnie pulled it out with his teeth, if i recall correctly. I think it can be seen in the Hampton PPV during Tumbling dice.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-20 14:41 by keithglimmer.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1750
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home