Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 5 of 9
Re: The Rolling Stones - Stripped 20th Anniversary Edition BluRay
Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: February 7, 2016 21:47

bonddm
Hopefully this is on it.
Memory Motel 1995

This is nice.thumbs up

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: February 7, 2016 21:48

Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards shows off his Voodoo Lounge Tour wrist bands before going on stage at Paradiso, Amsterdam for a special televised concert, May 1995. Credit: Mark and Colleen Hayward

[www.gettyimages.co.uk]

MORE: [www.gettyimages.com]

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: February 7, 2016 22:10

odean73
bonddm
Hopefully this is on it.
Memory Motel 1995

This is nice.thumbs up

smileys with beer thumbs up

Long time I listened to this one! Thank You. It's from the Stripped Companion bootleg CD.
The sleeve is a picture with the white dog in front of Ronnies house in Ireland.

This is the list of songs from these sessions from www.nzentgraf.de:

3rd - 5th March:
Tokyo, Japan, Toshiba-EMI Studios. Producers: Don Was & The Glimmer Twins. Sound engineer: Ed Cherney. Additional musicians: Darryl Jones (bass)/Chuck Leavell (keyb)/Bernard Fowler (bvoc)/Lisa Fisher (bvoc)/Bobby Keys and The New West Horns (brass) on Slipping Away. Incl.

- Angie (MJ/KR) -unverified
- Beast Of Burden (MJ/KR)
- Heartbeat (Bob Montgomery/Norman Petty) -unverified
- Honest I Do (Jimmy Reed)
- I’m Left, You’re Right, She’s Gone (Kesler/Taylor)-unv..
- The Last Time (MJ/KR) -unverified
- Let It Bleed (MJ/KR)
- Let’s Spend The Night Together (MJ/KR)
- Little Baby (Willie Dixon)
- Love In Vain (Robert Johnson)
- Make No Mistake (KR/Steve Jordan) -unverified
- Memory Motel (MJ/KR)
- No Expectations (MJ/KR)
- Parachute Woman (MJ/KR) -unverified
- Slipping Away (MJ/KR)
- The Spider And The Fly (Nanker Phelge)
- Wild Horses 1 (MJ/KR) -alternate version
- Wild Horses 2 (MJ/KR) -Stripped version
- Wild Horses 3 (MJ/KR) -edit of version 2
- The Worst (MJ/KR) -unverified
Note: Parts of the sessions were filmed.

Would love to hear a version of Make No Mistake by The Rolling Stones!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-07 22:18 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: February 7, 2016 22:30

odean73
bonddm
Hopefully this is on it.
Memory Motel 1995

This is nice.thumbs up

Yeah, this sounds great! Thank you for posting it

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: February 7, 2016 22:40

The Love In Vain (Robert Johnson) from the documentary regularly and still knocks me out of my socks - one of the finest pieces they ever did, IMHO... I'm VERY much looking forward to that release!

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: February 7, 2016 22:54

release date?

Posted by: Kennedy ()
Date: February 7, 2016 23:04

April 6 I read on another board. (Mr D I think reported it)

Date: February 7, 2016 23:57

exilestones

Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards shows off his Voodoo Lounge Tour wrist bands before going on stage at Paradiso, Amsterdam for a special televised concert, May 1995. Credit: Mark and Colleen Hayward

[www.gettyimages.co.uk]

MORE: [www.gettyimages.com]
eye rolling smiley
Strange angle, but nice picture. Not a pro-shot...grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-07 23:58 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: February 8, 2016 00:02

RipThisBone
...Not a pro-shot...grinning smiley

huummmm...take a look at their works here
Google

HMN

Date: February 8, 2016 00:37

Honestman
RipThisBone
...Not a pro-shot...grinning smiley

huummmm...take a look at their works here
Google

grinning smiley Oh... You call that work. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: February 8, 2016 07:23

Cool picture, but I agree about the strange angle. Nice to see something more from the fabled Paradiso gigs. Very excited about the upcoming super deluxe release. Wow, another great year for us fans!

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: February 8, 2016 11:28

bonddm
Hopefully this is on it.
Memory Motel 1995

Hopefully we'll get stuff we don't already have.

Posted by: nico one ()
Date: February 8, 2016 16:16

Is there conformation it will include the Full Brixton Peformance on DVD or Blu Ray????

If so this will be for me then the best release yet of the Vaults serie , and there have been some good ones already !

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: February 8, 2016 16:33

nico one
Is there conformation it will include the Full Brixton Peformance on DVD or Blu Ray????

If so this will be for me then the best release yet of the Vaults serie , and there have been some good ones already !

We haven't had any official confirmation about anything yet.
Let's just wait and see.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: February 8, 2016 16:38

This all sounds too good to be true. All 4 concerts on CD and blu ray would be a dream.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: February 8, 2016 17:01

Deltics
nico one

Let's just wait and see.
I would like to second this statement (call me a pessimist). Until we get official confirmation on the package the whole thing is a 'credible speculation'.

I also have a simple mathematical task for optimists.
Would you kindly estimate the street price for 1CD + 1DVD(documentary) + 3DVD(concerts) + associated booklet Deluxe package?
Just a reminder - Sticky Fingers Superdeluxe (3CD + DVD + 7" single) was approximately 120 Euros.
I am not asking you to estimate the price for Deluxe based on LPs and Blueray winking smiley.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-08 17:02 by ironbelly.

Date: February 8, 2016 17:12

ironbelly
Deltics
nico one

Let's just wait and see.
I would like to second this statement (call me a pessimist). Until we get official confirmation on the package the whole thing is a 'credible speculation'.

Would you kindly estimate the street price for 1CD + 1DVD(documentary) + 3DVD(concerts) + associated booklet Deluxe package?
Just a reminder - Sticky Fingers Superdeluxe (3CD + DVD + 7" single) was approximately 120 Euros.
I am not asking you to estimate the price for Deluxe based on LPs and Blueray winking smiley.

That «speculation» became more than that when the editor of the DVDs/BluRays listed the release on his site, with a picture of the release.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: February 8, 2016 17:16

How the hell have these two shows been hidden away for 20 years? IMO, they're some of the greatest, if not THE greatest, post-'89 shows they've done.

Date: February 8, 2016 17:18

keefriff99
How the hell have these two shows been hidden away for 20 years? IMO, they're some of the greatest, if not THE greatest, post-'89 shows they've done.

Don't forget The Fonda Theatre 2015 which will be released in 2036.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-08 17:19 by RipThisBone.

Date: February 8, 2016 17:26

RipThisBone
keefriff99

Don't forget The Fonda Theatre 2015 which will be released in 2036.

Closely followed by the Sir Morgan's Cove-show in 2042, for their 80th anniversary...

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: February 8, 2016 17:36

DandelionPowderman
ironbelly
Deltics
nico one

Let's just wait and see.

That «speculation» became more than that when the editor of the DVDs/BluRays listed the release on his site, with a picture of the release.
I do not question the CV of the editor. I have a lot of questions on the content of the box and over optimistic mood of the discussion. At the moment we have
1 - info from the CV of Peter Elphick (good, but not official). And BTW it is easy to make a cover in photoshop, you now winking smiley.
2 - info from our residents Doc and dcba (from undisclosed sources, also interesting, slightly contradicting but not official)
3 - a lot of speculations and wishful thinking about the contents of the box (from forum's residents).
4 - Looooong history of 'screw ups', 'missed opportunities', 'Japanese specials' etc. associated with previous releases. Should I remind Rarities 1971-2005 or only part of Roadhouse for Sticky Fingers, or overprised limited Brussels 1973 or Japanese only bonus tracks?

Thus, from my pessimistic point of view we should wait patiently. And save money on school breakfasts in the case a miracle would happen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-08 17:52 by ironbelly.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: February 8, 2016 17:57

Since we are talking about "From the Vault" series, I think the pricing will be "fair" as for all releases (standart pressings, no Japanese editions)

Let's make some estimations :
The DVD+CD pack will probably be in the €18-25 range
The price for Bluray + DVD could be the same (maybe 2 more euros)

DVD or Bluray alone €15 to 20

For DELUXE versions, I'd see "reasonnable" prices : about €50/60 for DVD and 10 more for Blu-ray.

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 8, 2016 20:43

Doc
Since we are talking about "From the Vault" series, I think the pricing will be "fair" as for all releases (standart pressings, no Japanese editions)

Let's make some estimations :
The DVD+CD pack will probably be in the €18-25 range
The price for Bluray + DVD could be the same (maybe 2 more euros)

DVD or Bluray alone €15 to 20

For DELUXE versions, I'd see "reasonnable" prices : about €50/60 for DVD and 10 more for Blu-ray.

hahaha – if the the deluxe version comes with at least three shows (Paris, Brixton and a mix of the two Amsterdam shows) on CD and DVD plus a documentary that's (al least) 6 CDs and four DVDs plus a a hard bound book (maybe)… Thus we should prepare for a price ranging f between 100 and 150 Euros

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: February 8, 2016 21:08

I'm okay with it as long it is not over 200€

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 8, 2016 21:51

slewan
if the the deluxe version comes with at least three shows (Paris, Brixton and a mix of the two Amsterdam shows) on CD and DVD plus a documentary

Thus we should prepare for a price ranging between 100 and 150 Euros

Yup that sounds more plausible than the 60€ range (alas). I'll cough up the money anyway! grinning smiley

Posted by: mick64 ()
Date: February 8, 2016 21:55

You know if the box of the 3 dvd cd also come concerts

Date: February 8, 2016 21:58

hockenheim95
I'm okay with it as long it is not over 200€

150. Nice picturebook included.

Could "pooroldgrandad"(sic) who started this thread be Mick or Keith? grinning smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-08 22:00 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 8, 2016 22:02

I'll certainly be picking this one up. I passed on getting the CD/DVDs of Leeds, LA Friday (I did get those two, along with Brussels, during the Google releases and skipped the rest), Tokyo, Marquee and Light The Fuse (wasn't suffering through THE BIGGEST BANG enough?). I figure some day I'll get Leeds and LA Friday. The other two are just not important by any means.

But this... originally an official release, if it does include some or preferably all that they recorded for the project - might be THE most killer vault release of them all.

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: February 8, 2016 22:11

GasLightStreet
I'll certainly be picking this one up. I passed on getting the CD/DVDs of Leeds, LA Friday (I did get those two, along with Brussels, during the Google releases and skipped the rest), Tokyo, Marquee and Light The Fuse (wasn't suffering through THE BIGGEST BANG enough?). I figure some day I'll get Leeds and LA Friday. The other two are just not important by any means.

But this... originally an official release, if it does include some or preferably all that they recorded for the project - might be THE most killer vault release of them all.

This board needs a "like" button similar to Facebook...smiling smiley This is happening, I doubt the band will officially announce it until the final show of the south and central America tour is over...but Eagle Rock might announce it sooner!

Date: February 8, 2016 22:22

GasLightStreet

Light The Fuse is a must have. Best BIGGER BANG Club Show if not the only one. A latter day Stripped. Great setlist.
I played it a lot after downloading it for a lousy 10 euro's.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 5 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1604
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home