Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233Next
Current Page: 31 of 33
Re: Santiago de Chile 03-Feb-2016 live show updates
Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: February 5, 2016 04:58

corriecas
beachbreak
It seems the out of USA shows usually have more audience participation.

i.e., When the Stones did Glastonbury, JJF was like a nuclear explosion between the boys and audience.

The hardcore fans live outside the USA
Jeroen
there's something to be said for listening to a concert rather than singing out loud out of tune for 2 hours.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-05 05:00 by DoomandGloom.

Posted by: TE ()
Date: February 5, 2016 05:39

gibsonman
Loved it last night! Nice to hear the band back on the stage (and I have a bit of a hangover today....) Of what I heard via periscope the band sounded great with lots of nice guitarsound. And sasha did great on GS. (Look at Keiths face just before she is about to start singing her solopart.... grinning smiley)

TE
Oslo

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 5, 2016 06:31

DoomandGloom
corriecas
beachbreak

i.e., When the Stones did Glastonbury, JJF was like a nuclear explosion between the boys and audience.

Jeroen
there's something to be said for listening to a concert rather than singing out loud out of tune for 2 hours.

True indeed DoomandGloom, but don't tell that to Javier "the great" scoper - I thought he sang along great with Satisfaction. winking smiley

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 5, 2016 06:49

corriecas
beachbreak

Jeroen

USA fans are forced to buy seats on the floor instead of general admission. If the shows were general admission, and they should be, it would be a much different experience. General admission brings the hard core fans and rowdies, the softies are in the bowl seats.
I will say that the Buffalo crowd from last summer, was much more electric than this one was last night. It was an intense atmosphere, though nothing compared to the 1975 crowd.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: February 5, 2016 07:13

It seems like the crowd in Santiago was very youthful.

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: February 5, 2016 07:16

USA audiences are more sedate as it is an older, more affluent crowd and the tickets a fortune. Euros use to be great Stones fans, but no more. Euros prefer Springsteen and Bon Jovi as well. S.American fans have consistently been the most youthful and excited.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 5, 2016 07:25

laertisflash
It seems like the crowd in Santiago was very youthful.

According to this article, 59% of Santiago's attendees were 30 years old (or young, if you prefer that way grinning smiley).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-05 14:50 by Cristiano Radtke.

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: February 5, 2016 07:39

This is so much fun!

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: February 5, 2016 07:55

Thanks for the info, Cristiano!

Date: February 5, 2016 07:57

Favorites were Gimme Shelter and She's A Rainbow!

Date: February 5, 2016 08:00

Cristiano Radtke
"¡Gracias Santiago y Chile por una increíble primera noche de nuestra gira, fue bueno estar de regreso! Son el país más largo que ya hemos tocado"

"Thank you Santiago and Chile for an amazing first night of our tour, it was good to be back! You're the longest country on which we've already played ?#?stonesenchile? ?#?stonesaméricalatina?"

[www.facebook.com]

Mick looks sexy as a saint!

Posted by: 751st ()
Date: February 5, 2016 08:08

I think the S American audiences over the last 25 years or so are definitely more involved and energetic but its just the age demographics are different in the US with our audiences growing older and with that comes the slow down however US audiences would have easily kept up with you guys in the 60s and 70s and maybe even the early to mid 80s but I for one love the fact your enthusiasm and energy is where its at for it reminds me certainly of my youth. Most Americans have literally lived and grown old with The Stones and its been and still is a beautiful right of passage. Love these guys while we still have them.

Date: February 5, 2016 08:17

751st
I think the S American audiences over the last 25 years or so are definitely more involved and energetic but its just the age demographics are different in the US with our audiences growing older and with that comes the slow down however US audiences would have easily kept up with you guys in the 60s and 70s and maybe even the early to mid 80s but I for one love the fact your enthusiasm and energy is where its at for it reminds me certainly of my youth. Most Americans have literally lived and grown old with The Stones and its been and still is a beautiful right of passage. Love these guys while we still have them.

That's exactly right. North Americans first saw them in 1964, while it took 31 years until the Stones could play in South America.

Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: February 5, 2016 09:08

I may have missed it scrolling thru/, but what was the attendance?

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: February 5, 2016 09:13

sundevil
nicely done Brown Sugar. looks like sasha has never seen the rolling stones before.

[youtu.be]

Looks like everybody's having a blast on stage there.. That's what is such fun about a good Stones show - not just a performance, but also their own party to which we're invited.

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: February 5, 2016 11:05

Brstonesfan
USA audiences are more sedate as it is an older, more affluent crowd and the tickets a fortune. Euros use to be great Stones fans, but no more. Euros prefer Springsteen and Bon Jovi as well. S.American fans have consistently been the most youthful and excited.

well, tickets for europe 2014 were sold in few minutes all over europe (faster than in the u.s. i think).
the point is that the age of european fans or american fans is higher than south american, for what i have seen

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: February 5, 2016 11:27

gotdablouse
@caschimann - well done, this one rings a bell too, no ?

I guess the Mick and Keith "camaraderie" is the take away from that show, nothing to sneeze at looking at the (even recent) past and bodes well for that new album!

Yeah, thanks gotdablouse: Krüger is great - plus funny thing: His style in the 80ies to draw the Glimmer Twins of the far future - old, and wrinkle-dominated faces - today the time has caught up with those 80ies Krüger´s. Mick, Keith & Co today look exactly like on those cartoons.:-)

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: February 5, 2016 11:28

In "Sympathy For The Devil" Keith played it safe, which at this stage of the game is prefectly fine. Ronnie sounded out of key, though. Anyway, it's great they're back on the road!

Date: February 5, 2016 11:39

Wild Slivovitz
In "Sympathy For The Devil" Keith played it safe, which at this stage of the game is prefectly fine. Ronnie sounded out of key, though. Anyway, it's great they're back on the road!

He started doing that on the Zip Code Tour. Sounds much better, imo.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 5, 2016 12:05

sundevil
nicely done Brown Sugar. looks like sasha has never seen the rolling stones before.

[youtu.be]

Nice video, shows a lot of the interaction, almost feels like a proshot minus the close-ups, has to be on a tripod or monopod. According to the text bottom left a DVD/BD will (is?) be available ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-05 12:10 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: February 5, 2016 12:42

751st

i noticed that too,what great crowds they have in s. america.it looks like a show from the 70's in the states.a young crowd rocking out big time.
and you're right,the shows here in the states are mostly fans like myself who have followed the band for decades.
after everything rock and roll has been through the last couple of months it sure was great to see them back on that stage,i think we all needed that.

Posted by: martin0113 ()
Date: February 5, 2016 15:16

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 5, 2016 15:18

martin0113

Fixed that for you although I'm not sure I see the connection with the thread?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: February 5, 2016 16:57

Some more of mine

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 5, 2016 17:01

GREAT shots latvianinexile, thanks for sharing them!!!

Date: February 5, 2016 17:03

MisterDDDD
GREAT shots latvianinexile, thanks for sharing them!!!

Yes! They're very appreciated. smileys with beer

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 5, 2016 17:04

beautiful pics Lavian !
thanks again.
jeroen

Date: February 5, 2016 17:27

Thanks, Latvianexile, more stunning pictures. The quality of those and of bv's and Hendrik's are quite superb!

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: February 5, 2016 17:53

Fantastic pics on this Tour again. Thanks everyone. smileys with beer

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 5, 2016 18:01

gotdablouse
martin0113

Fixed that for you although I'm not sure I see the connection with the thread?

Martin seems to be promoting these unappetizing cards.
I wish he'd move his efforts to the "buy/sell/trade" forum.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-05 20:39 by with sssoul.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233Next
Current Page: 31 of 33

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1632
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home