Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4950515253545556575859...LastNext
Current Page: 54 of 77
Re: The Rolling Stones Fall 2016 tour
Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 24, 2016 21:17

Come on TORONTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: July 24, 2016 21:44

We've got Indio and Vegas, so where else do we see The Stones this year?

My wishes/guesses... in no particular order

Seattle/Vancouver
Sacramento
LA Forum
Edmonton
Denver
Chicago
Cleveland/Louisville
Houston/San Antonio
Miami
Washington DC
Philadelphia
Toronto
Boston
MSG NYC

Cover territory not hit since 05-06, and the big markets from 2013 also. Some guesses are more long-shot than others, that's why they're guesses! And these are with an eye toward arenas only... If they do stadiums again, and I think they proved last year they can and will, then this list would morph a bit...

Seattle/Vancouver
Santa Clara
Denver/Salt Lake City
Houston
Chicago
Cleveland/Cincinnati
Toronto/Montreal
Foxboro
NY/NJ
DC
Philadelphia
Charlotte
Miami

I'm probably overly optimistic like usual, but I love tryin' to out-guess where The Stones might play... They always surprise!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-24 21:45 by TKinOH.

Date: July 25, 2016 00:29

What is everyone's ticket allocation for the tour? Last time around I averaged $285 and did 6 concerts in the second level. However, I might want to go to first level this time- I would assume to forecast setting aside $450 x 5 or 6.
I would likely only stay over in a non-Philly/NYC/NJ market.
Anyone else cancel other vacation plans? I was going to hit the high seas.

Posted by: 1badgator ()
Date: July 25, 2016 01:54

I would say
NY/NJ
Toronto
Chicago
on multiple nights are a given.
I assume LA too. But then Denver/Seattle/Vancouver instead?
Plus a few scattered in between ATL, Mia, Tx?
They did cover the US pretty good, except the NW.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-25 01:58 by 1badgator.

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: July 25, 2016 02:16

I'm just hoping my lucky dips are good seats for Vegas. Then hopefully they go to Boston...

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: July 25, 2016 02:31

[email protected]
What is everyone's ticket allocation for the tour? Last time around I averaged $285 and did 6 concerts in the second level. However, I might want to go to first level this time- I would assume to forecast setting aside $450 x 5 or 6.

Yes. With no firm schedule, the next several weeks will be interesting.

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: July 26, 2016 19:34

[email protected]

Nothing canceled but nothing booked yet either! Waiting to see what develops so I can plan accordingly. Hoping for a 2nd Vegas show on the 22nd, that would be nice but if more shows are to come I'd really like to know when and where so I can firm up some plans!

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: July 26, 2016 23:18

If the prices in Vegas reflect the prices in the other yet-to-be-announced venues, this leg of the tour for me will be minimal....I can't believe crap seats are being sold at face for $750!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 27, 2016 01:48

SomeTorontoGirl
I have to stop looking at this thread. Every day, no news... It's making me grouchy.

I concur...GRRRRR!

But then again, the Vegas prices already pissed me off and I refused to pay for any of it - outrageous and ridiculous.
For the first time ever, I realized I'd seen them enough times and the unworldly cost of seeing them for basically the same old show just isn't worth my time and money any more.
And as mentioned by someone else, if the Vegas prices are anything to go by for any other future shows - I'm over and out and completely done with seeing the Stones live!

With that said, I'll be seeing some of you in the Desert both weekends along with Dylan, Neil, Paul, The Who, and Roger Waters...and also the Stones! winking smiley

Date: July 27, 2016 16:34

Hairball
SomeTorontoGirl
I have to stop looking at this thread. Every day, no news... It's making me grouchy.

I concur...GRRRRR!

But then again, the Vegas prices already pissed me off and I refused to pay for any of it - outrageous and ridiculous.
For the first time ever, I realized I'd seen them enough times and the unworldly cost of seeing them for basically the same old show just isn't worth my time and money any more.
And as mentioned by someone else, if the Vegas prices are anything to go by for any other future shows - I'm over and out and completely done with seeing the Stones live!

With that said, I'll be seeing some of you in the Desert both weekends along with Dylan, Neil, Paul, The Who, and Roger Waters...and also the Stones! winking smiley

I am in for Desert Trip 2nd weekend. Wowsa you are doing both weekends. Good for you. I am really really really looking forward to Neil Young. I honestly think the 3rd day will be more then this old guy can take. But I will try!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-27 16:51 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 27, 2016 18:10

TKinOH
We've got Indio and Vegas, so where else do we see The Stones this year?

My wishes/guesses... in no particular order

Seattle/Vancouver
Sacramento
LA Forum
Edmonton
Denver
Chicago
Cleveland/Louisville
Houston/San Antonio
Miami
Washington DC
Philadelphia
Toronto
Boston
MSG NYC

Cover territory not hit since 05-06, and the big markets from 2013 also. Some guesses are more long-shot than others, that's why they're guesses! And these are with an eye toward arenas only... If they do stadiums again, and I think they proved last year they can and will, then this list would morph a bit...

Seattle/Vancouver
Santa Clara
Denver/Salt Lake City
Houston
Chicago
Cleveland/Cincinnati
Toronto/Montreal
Foxboro
NY/NJ
DC
Philadelphia
Charlotte
Miami

I'm probably overly optimistic like usual, but I love tryin' to out-guess where The Stones might play... They always surprise!

Overly optimistic? Sheeeeet. At the rate they've been going just your first wishlist would take them all of the rest of 2016. Your second list would take them 2017 and 2018 to do.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: July 27, 2016 18:22

No problem as they carry on until 2020, at least.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 27, 2016 18:33

How assumptive of you.

Date: July 27, 2016 19:04

jumpontopofmebaby
Hairball
SomeTorontoGirl

I concur...GRRRRR!

I am in for Desert Trip 2nd weekend. Wowsa you are doing both weekends. Good for you. I am really really really looking forward to Neil Young. I honestly think the 3rd day will be more then this old guy can take. But I will try!

Yes both weekends, and yes the third day will be a chore, and yes I am really really, really looking forward to seeing Neil Young and Promise of the Real again.
Their show last October at the Forum was the highlight of many concerts I've seen in recent years, and I can almost guarantee he/they will be the highlight of this Desert Trip extravaganza.
In all honesty I'm somewhat excited to see the Stones again, but am not expecting anything earth shattering. There might be a special guest during their set, but other than that....hmmm....same old.
As of now, I have GA for weekend one which will be interesting, and a reserved grandstand seat half way back for weekend two which will be just what the Dr. ordered after weekend one.

Date: July 27, 2016 20:13

Hairball
jumpontopofmebaby
Hairball
SomeTorontoGirl

I concur...GRRRRR!

Yes both weekends, and yes the third day will be a chore, and yes I am really really, really looking forward to seeing Neil Young and Promise of the Real again.
Their show last October at the Forum was the highlight of many concerts I've seen in recent years, and I can almost guarantee he/they will be the highlight of this Desert Trip extravaganza.
In all honesty I'm somewhat excited to see the Stones again, but am not expecting anything earth shattering. There might be a special guest during their set, but other than that....hmmm....same old.
As of now, I have GA for weekend one which will be interesting, and a reserved grandstand seat half way back for weekend two which will be just what the Dr. ordered after weekend one.

I have seen Neil twice. Years ago. Once he was all alone and it was unreal. Next time with Crazy Horse also good. I saw Willie several months ago and Luke Nelson was there. Its was just a few days after Merle Haggard died. Special atmosphere. Luke sounds exactly like Willie singing and on guitar. Looking forward to POTR with Neil. Glad the Stones are the first night and glad Neil is the first act the second night. Perfect line up to me. Maybe there will be a IORR Gathering. I have Section 307 Row H with isle seats closest to center stage. Can say this is the farthest I have sat away from the stage at any of my 22 Stones concerts. Hoping it does not hurt the experience.

Posted by: sister ()
Date: July 27, 2016 21:50

jumpontopofmebaby
Hairball
jumpontopofmebaby
Hairball
SomeTorontoGirl

I concur...GRRRRR!

I have seen Neil twice. Years ago. Once he was all alone and it was unreal. Next time with Crazy Horse also good. I saw Willie several months ago and Luke Nelson was there. Its was just a few days after Merle Haggard died. Special atmosphere. Luke sounds exactly like Willie singing and on guitar. Looking forward to POTR with Neil. Glad the Stones are the first night and glad Neil is the first act the second night. Perfect line up to me. Maybe there will be a IORR Gathering. I have Section 307 Row H with isle seats closest to center stage. Can say this is the farthest I have sat away from the stage at any of my 22 Stones concerts. Hoping it does not hurt the experience.
Doesn't matter , think about what it will feel 10 years later, no such event will be possible anymore. Saw Neil Young in Nuernberg in the 80es at Zeppelinfeld and in the 90es in Cologne, am very glad to see and hear him again. Accompaignd by my favorite band, the Rolling Stones and of course , Bob Dylan, who I assumed to see the last time in Nizza, France, in 2010.
Have GA for Weekend 1.
Greets from Germany, sister

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: July 27, 2016 23:10

Just got my Stones tickets for NY MSG 11/11 and Toronto Air Canada Centre 18/11.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: July 27, 2016 23:22

In 2018?!?

Date: July 27, 2016 23:56

sister
jumpontopofmebaby
Hairball
jumpontopofmebaby
Hairball
SomeTorontoGirl

I concur...GRRRRR!

Doesn't matter , think about what it will feel 10 years later, no such event will be possible anymore. Saw Neil Young in Nuernberg in the 80es at Zeppelinfeld and in the 90es in Cologne, am very glad to see and hear him again. Accompaignd by my favorite band, the Rolling Stones and of course , Bob Dylan, who I assumed to see the last time in Nizza, France, in 2010.
Have GA for Weekend 1.
Greets from Germany, sister

I've seen Neil Young so many time since the '80's I've lost count. From solo acoustic, with CSNY, with Crazy Horse, and with a variety of other configurations (the latest being with the Promise of the Real band) can't say I've ever seen a dud show out of all of them. As for the Stones, I've seen them 50+ times since '81 - from nosebleed stadiums to front row theaters/clubs/arenas (and just about everywhere in between), and for the most part they've all been good. But the spark just isn't quite there anymore as it once was, and the only truly memorable shows I've seen since the Licks tour was when Mick Taylor was with them. I might be a bit jaded from seeing them so many times, but the outrageous prices for Vegas made me even more uninterested - the fact they'll be at Desert Trip is a bonus. As with Neil, I've seen Dylan more times than I can remember since '79, and while his latest shows the last two years have been great, there have been some strange ones throughout the years. I've seen Paul twice in the last 10 years which were nice, and The Who a few time since '79 who were for the most part very good - especially in '79 and '82. I've seen Roger Waters quite a few times - the first two being Pink Floyd The Wall in 1980, and then many other times solo. His latest version of The Wall was spectacular visually and conceptually, but without David Gilmour and Rick Wright it was a far cry from Pink Floyd musically.

Long story short: to see them all in the same place over a three day weekend is still hard to fathom, and all in all it will be the ultimate concert for the ages.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: July 27, 2016 23:57

eye rolling smiley
jumpontopofmebaby
Hairball
jumpontopofmebaby
Hairball
SomeTorontoGirl

I concur...GRRRRR!

Ya saw Neil in Seattle last fall up close in the pit. Saw Sir Paul in April, 6th row; saw The Who in May, 11th row. Last time I saw the Stones in '06 I was front row (!!). Saw Dylan 5th row in '05.
Now I'm seeing all of them from row 108 (sec 508, row J). That's gonna be tough!eye rolling smiley

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: July 28, 2016 00:13

c'mon BV, throw us a bone here and give some info! the natives are growing restless and the discussion is getting inane!

Date: July 28, 2016 00:27

mosthigh
eye rolling smiley
jumpontopofmebaby
Hairball
jumpontopofmebaby
Hairball
SomeTorontoGirl

I concur...GRRRRR!

Ya saw Neil in Seattle last fall up close in the pit. Saw Sir Paul in April, 6th row; saw The Who in May, 11th row. Last time I saw the Stones in '06 I was front row (!!). Saw Dylan 5th row in '05.
Now I'm seeing all of them from row 108 (sec 508, row J). That's gonna be tough!eye rolling smiley

Well hopefully the whole experience of being in the desert surrounded buy mountains and hot Califorina girls will just make it a very cool time. And I still think it could kinda be a battle of the bands in a way. That's why I selected weekend #2. Mick going to have the A game going. Especially if he feels the Stones were not the best act the weekend before.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-28 00:29 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Posted by: Amy340 ()
Date: July 28, 2016 00:28

mtaylor
Just got my Stones tickets for NY MSG 11/11 and Toronto Air Canada Centre 18/11.

Did they change their name to Simple Plan? As that's whose playing
the ACC Nov 18th

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: July 28, 2016 18:54

I'm thinkin' that with Havana Moon in theaters on 23rd September, presumably including the US, that we won't see a tour start prior to that. Seems like they'd be competing with themselves between theater tix and concert tix, although the price point is slightly differentcool smiley

That would leave room for possibly 2-3 shows at most before Indio... I wouldn't think they'd start the run with Desert Blitz, but maybe fresh outta rehearsals and with a potentially varied setlist they would open on 7th October.

That would mean Indio would probably be the only outdoor shows this Fall. Theater tix on sale in August, and then I'd think shows would go on sale after that.

The time is drawing near!

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: July 28, 2016 20:29

Why don't we even know the EXACT dates when EXHIBITIONISM starts in NYC?? It would be great if it coincided with their MSG gigs! Lots of reservations to make! COME ON GUYS, give us the schedule!smoking smiley And I saw someone mentioned Foxboro, Ma as a potential location...I live in Massachusetts and I HOPE they skip Foxboro and play the TD Bank Arena instead....and if the schedule in the Northeast is late fall, they won't be outside in Nov. anyway! I hate stadiums!

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 28, 2016 23:56

mtaylor

Stones wont do NYC.

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: July 29, 2016 07:17

More Hot Rocks
mtaylor

Stones wont do NYC.

Hmmm. I say false. Also the Stones stadium staging/production is on loan to GnR through August.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: July 30, 2016 12:15

mpj200
More Hot Rocks
mtaylor

Stones wont do NYC.

Hmmm. I say false. Also the Stones stadium staging/production is on loan to GnR through August.

for a nominal fee, i'm sure grinning smiley

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: July 30, 2016 21:45

jumpontopofmebaby

Well hopefully the whole experience of being in the desert surrounded buy mountains and hot Califorina girls will just make it a very cool time. And I still think it could kinda be a battle of the bands in a way. That's why I selected weekend #2. Mick going to have the A game going. Especially if he feels the Stones were not the best act the weekend before.

Tortuous, but clever thinking.

Posted by: leahoneill ()
Date: July 31, 2016 01:33

I am counting on you Bjorvuk as neither the desert or Vegas work for me...BV

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4950515253545556575859...LastNext
Current Page: 54 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1810
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home