Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2122232425262728293031...LastNext
Current Page: 26 of 77
Re: The Rolling Stones Fall 2016 tour rumours
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 24, 2016 06:42

Stonesfan2146
I am planning a trip to the West (or East) coast in the time frame of October 17 to 28. It would be so sad if the stones would be touring the east coast while I flew in from Europe to the West coast, but I have to book flights soon, otherwise it gets very expensive. So does anyone now in which end of America the stones will be then?
If it were me I might consider flying into Las Vegas instead of either coast.

Especially if you are planning on attending Desert Trip (a four+ hour drive from Vegas).
Even if you're not planning on Desert Trip, they are so close to Vegas you gotta think they will be playing there to kick off (or part of) the tour.
Flights to the east or west coast are typically inexpensive from Vegas. I can fly from Seattle (and then rent car for DT) for < $100 for example.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-24 06:44 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: May 24, 2016 08:07

MisterDDDD
Stonesfan2146
I am planning a trip to the West (or East) coast in the time frame of October 17 to 28. It would be so sad if the stones would be touring the east coast while I flew in from Europe to the West coast, but I have to book flights soon, otherwise it gets very expensive. So does anyone now in which end of America the stones will be then?
If it were me I might consider flying into Las Vegas instead of either coast.

Especially if you are planning on attending Desert Trip (a four+ hour drive from Vegas).
Even if you're not planning on Desert Trip, they are so close to Vegas you gotta think they will be playing there to kick off (or part of) the tour.
Flights to the east or west coast are typically inexpensive from Vegas. I can fly from Seattle (and then rent car for DT) for < $100 for example.

Thanks. I'm not planning to do desert trip, it's too big for me, but, yeah, an arena in Las Vegas would be a great place for them (and me) to be smiling smiley Chaning plans now ...

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: May 24, 2016 21:20

[www.chuckleavell.com]

CHUCK WILL BE TOURING WITH DAVID GILMOUR IN EUROPE THIS SUMMER!
From Chuck > “I was pleased and surprised to be contacted by David (Gilmour) a couple of months ago asking me if I would be available to tour with him in June and July. My first contact with David was back in 1984 when I was the Musical Director of a show broadcast on MTV called “Guitar Greats”. David was a part of that, and he was amazing. Then a few years later when I was with Eric Clapton, David invited me and some of the other members of the band to his home where we had a memorable night talking about music and life in general. To have him reach out to me now is truly an honor, and I can’t wait to start work with him and the band. My good friend, Greg Phillinganes, who I was honored to work with during some of my Clapton days will also be playing keyboards on the tour and I look forward to “tag teaming” with him again. The timing for this is perfect, as the Stones will gear up again for our “Desert Trip” shows and

.....some other activity in September and October.....

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 24, 2016 21:53

I saw that as well Lien, and I just had the feeling something may be happening in September.

Exhibitionism is finishing it's run in London, so a gig or two to get some publicity for next venue could be happening...................I hope. winking smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 24, 2016 23:45

crawdaddy
I saw that as well Lien, and I just had the feeling something may be happening in September.

Exhibitionism is finishing it's run in London, so a gig or two to get some publicity for next venue could be happening...................I hope. winking smiley

but he might mean his own activity in september and october. Hopefully he means some Stones gigs in the UK.
Jeroen

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: May 24, 2016 23:52

I'D wager it refers to North American tour dates. Perhaps some West Coast arena shows (Seattle/Oakland) before the big gig at Coachella, then the east coast of NA after Coachella.

Date: May 25, 2016 00:25

Gotta be referring to the yet to be confirmed North American dates.
Thinking Desert Trip may very well be in the middle of the tour.

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: May 25, 2016 03:04

wondering if the california dates are the beginning of the tour or the end. september dates would/could mean stadium shows. desert tray shows could be the end.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 25, 2016 04:30

Woz
I'D wager it refers to North American tour dates. Perhaps some West Coast arena shows (Seattle/Oakland) before the big gig at Coachella, then the east coast of NA after Coachella.

That makes sense - I don't think the Stones would kick off a tour cold at the gigantic Desert Trip, nor would they play there as a warmup gig.
Thinking some shows before and after...where and when is anybody's guess.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: May 25, 2016 07:11

The September stuff could also be rehersals in LA. Interesting though Chuck did
not mention November. If indeed they do 15 shows, the tour would be at least one
and a half months long. This would put them half way through November if there is an aprox start date of October 1st.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: May 25, 2016 11:12

Lien
[www.chuckleavell.com]

From Chuck > “I was pleased and surprised to be contacted by David (Gilmour) a couple of months ago asking me if I would be available to tour with him in June and July. My first contact with David was back in 1984 when I was the Musical Director of a show broadcast on MTV called “Guitar Greats”. David was a part of that, and he was amazing. Then a few years later when I was with Eric Clapton, David invited me and some of the other members of the band to his home where we had a memorable night talking about music and life in general. To have him reach out to me now is truly an honor, and I can’t wait to start work with him and the band. My good friend, Greg Phillinganes, who I was honored to work with during some of my Clapton days will also be playing keyboards on the tour and I look forward to “tag teaming” with him again. The timing for this is perfect, as the Stones will gear up again for our “Desert Trip” shows and

I think he means "September and October onwards".

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 25, 2016 16:32

Chuck Leavell Chuck Leavell gonna learn all the Floyd no problem, on top of all his RS's, tractor out the back 40 acres,and plant some organic trees in between.
Chuckee you coming to Oakland CA with the Stones my friend?

Posted by: superglen ()
Date: May 25, 2016 17:18

Gilmour's euro tour runs from end of june to end of july

but he also has 4 london shows booked for the end of september

will Chuck be on board for those 4 shows as well? or will he already be working again with the Stones by then?

Date: May 25, 2016 20:51

Wonder how it would go over if Lisa Fischer were to be the warm up act for the Stones a few times?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-25 23:42 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 25, 2016 21:11

Now that would be great. thumbs up

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: May 26, 2016 19:37

Lien
[www.chuckleavell.com]

i hate it when he includes himself as a member of the stones-"the stones will again gear up for OUR desert trip shows"

i dont blame chuck for everything the stones do wrong but damn i wish they would find an excuse to get rid of him,everything about him just sucks.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: May 26, 2016 22:48

lem motlow
Lien
[www.chuckleavell.com]

i hate it when he includes himself as a member of the stones-"the stones will again gear up for OUR desert trip shows"

i dont blame chuck for everything the stones do wrong but damn i wish they would find an excuse to get rid of him,everything about him just sucks.

He is a good musician, a conservationist, hunts birds, and can count to four.

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: May 27, 2016 18:25

News damnit - we need news!!! My entire summer and fall is on hold awaiting this news. I figured as soon as I heard about DT that there was no way that would be the only shows but it's awfully quiet...

Date: May 27, 2016 20:41

bleedingman

I think the musical and personality diversity in their sidemen/women is part of what makes them so Great. It's not about the personality so much as it is about being able to do the job. Do the job well and don't f@ck up any business of the band onstage or off,then the Stones are extremely loyal. The loyalty (both ways) is part of the make-up of the band.

Posted by: Iguanamom ()
Date: May 27, 2016 23:11

I,too, check for tour updates way too often. I leave for Mongolia for 3 wks - no internet where we're going- & am trying to decide if I need a contingency. Waiting on a friend....

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 27, 2016 23:53

jumpontopofmebaby
Wonder how it would go over if Lisa Fischer were to be the warm up act for the Stones a few times?

That would actually be very cool!

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 28, 2016 17:42

bleedingman
lem motlow
Lien
[www.chuckleavell.com]

That is why Ben Waters is rehearsing with the boys....smileys with beer

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: May 29, 2016 00:50

I would love a sept to oct tour but..

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 29, 2016 00:59

babyblue
I would love a sept to oct tour but..

Well, as long as we're asking the boys...starting in July or August and ending in mid December would suit me nicely.

Please and thank you.

Sincerely yours,

Latebloomer

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: May 29, 2016 03:00

mtaylor
bleedingman
lem motlow
Lien
[www.chuckleavell.com]

That is why Ben Waters is rehearsing with the boys....smileys with beer
hot smiley

Tell Me......................................................... (more)!

Would be great!!!
Just a 6 piece band playing ROCK AND ROLL.
Like 1962 with STU.
smileys with beer

Posted by: timmyj3 ()
Date: May 29, 2016 16:47

As for Chuck. Not a big fan myself (musically) but at this time of their lives he is hugely important to the band. He is the security blanket that makes it happen and keeps the music on an even keel. Chuck is clearly very important to the touring version of todays Stones. I suspect without Chuck we would not have had most of the tours over the last 20 years. I do want to give him that due.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 29, 2016 19:20

Anybody who knows, what this is?
Pre-activity before desert concert....

Release of new CD, any shows in London, or??

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 29, 2016 19:26

London would be great.
jeroen

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: May 30, 2016 20:32

I don't know what these Ben Waters rumours (and maybe this has been written some 10 pages ago) are based on but he told me when touring with CHRIS Jagger that he learned the piano by None other than Ian "Stu" Stewart who was a friend of the Waters family (also consisting of Cousin PJ Harvey!)!

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: May 30, 2016 23:54

Ben Waters posted a remark about working with a legend. People here assumed it was The Stones. Someone else stated it was Ray Davies. A lot of us enjoy Ben's work, but he's unlikely to replace Chuck unless it's for a studio session only.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2122232425262728293031...LastNext
Current Page: 26 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1972
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home