Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones go Pro Tools!
Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: December 25, 2015 13:07

I've found this meta data when I tried to transfer the music files from Network Attached Storage to my hard disk player Sony HAP-Z1ES.
Is this an already known fact?grinning smiley

Re: Stones go Pro Tools!
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: December 25, 2015 13:11

The end of the world!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 25, 2015 13:23

They should go "Steve Hoffmann" for the next batch of reissues... winking smiley

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: December 25, 2015 14:58

They used studio tools to enhance more than 40 years old recordings, what´s wrong with that. Thanks to modern technology we are able to hear these ancient recordings in all their glory, like brandnew.

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: December 25, 2015 18:12

At least in 2002, Don Was was already bringing home the day's jams to edit with ProTools. Also in the press kit for A Bigger Bang I believe we can see some Digidesign hardware near a MacBook, meaning that they probably were using ProTools there too.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: December 25, 2015 22:12

There are Pro Tools credits on GODDESS IN THE DOORWAY a decade before the archival releases.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: December 25, 2015 23:53

Rocky Dijon
There are Pro Tools credits on GODDESS IN THE DOORWAY a decade before the archival releases.

Right, and in fact i remember an awful album.

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: December 26, 2015 00:13

KRiffhard
Rocky Dijon

Right, and in fact i remember an awful album.

I don't think it has anything to do with ProTools smiling smiley - On 40 Licks ProTools was only used to shape up songs from longer jams, in the same way Start Me Up was shaped up from endless jams. It's only a tool...

Date: December 26, 2015 00:15

"Hideaway" and "Too Far Gone" are my favorites. There's two or three other tracks that are fine. It's not an outstanding effort and it's too much of a collaborative effort for my liking.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: December 26, 2015 06:39

Trying to find a recording (new or re-released) that hasn't been into a digital editor at one point in it's life these days is almost impossible.

Especially on old tape masters Pro Tool is invaluable for cleaning up the noise and other more transient clicks from the punch in's and outs or storage degradation and fixing a broad range of other issues with the originals. No one is going to try to edit, repair or enhance something as valuable as an archive Rolling Stones recording without ProTools or Logic these days.

Date: December 26, 2015 09:44

Rocky Dijon
"Hideaway" and "Too Far Gone" are my favorites. There's two or three other tracks that are fine. It's not an outstanding effort and it's too much of a collaborative effort for my liking.

You're too generous!!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Do you know who play the drum on 'Hideaway'?!

Date: December 26, 2015 09:57

Matt Clifford – piano, Hammond organ, Fender Rhodes, Mellotron, keyboards, synthesizer, backing vocals, programming, drum programming, and string and horn arrangement

Martin "Max" Heyes – drum programming

Marti Frederiksen – electric and acoustic guitar, drums, backing vocals, drum loop, and string arrangement

thumbs down

Date: December 26, 2015 17:33

The track was cut first as a reggae song more traditionally before being handed over to Wyclef Jean who reworked the track as a hip-hop tune. There were drums on it at one point. The song is very much a precursor to "Rain Fall Down."

Date: December 26, 2015 19:59

Rocky Dijon
The track was cut first as a reggae song more traditionally before being handed over to Wyclef Jean who reworked the track as a hip-hop tune. There were drums on it at one point. The song is very much a precursor to "Rain Fall Down."

Thanks Rocky thumbs up

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 26, 2015 23:27

They've been using Pro Tools since VOODOO LOUNGE from what I've read. Not necessarily for recording but also for editing etc.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1725
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home