Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Rolling Stones 2016 show and travel info
Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 21, 2015 21:57

Please use this thread to discuss details about ticket sales, travel and more regarding the Rolling Stones Tour 2016 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

Rio de Janeiro info by StonesPlanetBrazil

Bjornulf

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-12-21 22:31 by bv.

Re: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Rolling Stones 2016 show and travel info
Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: December 21, 2015 22:19

I will be making the trip from Boston, MA - can't wait!

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: December 21, 2015 22:24

See you there
I will be coming down from the UK

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: bauk77 ()
Date: December 27, 2015 14:47

Hi, how to buy tickets?
the official link is only in portugise language.

Date: December 27, 2015 16:03

bauk77
Hi, how to buy tickets?
the official link is only in portugise language.

I only speak English and I had to navigate the website in Portuguese a bit tricky but it worked and I got my tickets.

Good luck

Nate thumbs up

Date: December 28, 2015 04:05

Buying tickets was a bit of a challenge. I had some trouble getting my account with tickets for fun set up. Get a page open with google translate- copy and paste so you can see the English.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: December 28, 2015 14:13

I just used a cheap £50 android tablet and it automatically translated each page on T4F in less than 10 seconds.
Piece of Piss getting the tix for Brasil. It was just the registering that was difficult for me.

Date: January 4, 2016 19:05

I bought tickets for all the shows in Brazil and I think on the email they sent me it said that the tickets would be able to be printed from today 4th January
Does anyone know if they send another email with the tickets or you just print the email they sent when purchasing the tickets ?

Thanks

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: January 4, 2016 19:09

Nate
I bought tickets for all the shows in Brazil and I think on the email they sent me it said that the tickets would be able to be printed from today 4th January
Does anyone know if they send another email with the tickets or you just print the email they sent when purchasing the tickets ?

Thanks

Nate thumbs up

Some friends of mine bought Rio tickets choosing the e-ticket option and they've already got them on their e-mail soon after the purchase, ready to print. The 4th January date was for those who've chosen to pick up their tickets at the outlets or at the box offices, if I'm not wrong.

Date: January 4, 2016 20:41

Cristiano Radtke
Nate

Thanks

Nate thumbs up

Some friends of mine bought Rio tickets choosing the e-ticket option and they've already got them on their e-mail soon after the purchase, ready to print. The 4th January date was for those who've chosen to pick up their tickets at the outlets or at the box offices, if I'm not wrong.

Ok thanks Cristiano
I have the emails they sent me when I bought the tickets online and it does have a PDF attachment with a barcode but no information about venue,date,section etc so that's why I was thinking maybe they will send me that information in another email.
I will print my tickets and I will also try to telephone T4F to make sure that this is correct.

Thanks

Nate

Date: January 4, 2016 20:41

That is what I thought Cristiano.

I chose e-ticket option and looked as if they sent ticket with barcode etc on the email.

Date: January 4, 2016 20:45

Who is up for a meeting of stones fans in Rio ?

My friends and me are arriving in Rio on Thursday 18th February and then heading to Sao Paolo on the 23rd we are staying in Copacabana area of Rio.

Nate thumbs up

Date: January 4, 2016 20:50

crawdaddy
That is what I thought Cristiano.

I chose e-ticket option and looked as if they sent ticket with barcode etc on the email.

Hi crawdaddy
Does the barcode in your email have info about date,venue,section etc ?
In mine it does not

Thanks

Nate thumbs up

Date: January 4, 2016 21:18

I'm all up for meeting up with some folks. Sadly, it's going to be a much too quick trip for me (only 3 nights!) - but want to make the most of it!
I fly in from Boston, arriving the Sat. morning of the show (Feb. 20) and return Tues. evening - but plan to do as much sightseeing as I can.
Also staying in Copacabana.
Doing my research of things to do, places to eat etc...

Date: January 5, 2016 17:49

I am trying to telephone tickets for fun
The company selling the tickets for the Brazilian shows but I can't seem to even get a dialling tone I am calling from the UK using 55 as the Brazilian dialling code
Has anyone else from overseas been able to contact them by telephone?

Thanks

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: haukej ()
Date: January 5, 2016 21:05

will be in rio, too. staying at windsor excelsior at copacabana. looking forward to meet lots of other crazy Stones addicts

Date: January 5, 2016 21:23

haukej
will be in rio, too. staying at windsor excelsior at copacabana. looking forward to meet lots of other crazy Stones addicts

I will be staying in Copacabana as well

Nate smileys with beer

Date: January 6, 2016 22:16

I've read that the Metro (subway) is free to/from Maracana for ticket holders, on the day of a game. Not that a R/T metro fare is going to make much of an overall difference on a trip to Rio, but wonder if this will hold true for the Stones show?

Date: January 6, 2016 22:22

DEmerson
I've read that the Metro (subway) is free to/from Maracana for ticket holders, on the day of a game. Not that a R/T metro fare is going to make much of an overall difference on a trip to Rio, but wonder if this will hold true for the Stones show?

I would rather pay the fare and keep my stones ticket in my pocket than get it out on show down in the metro.

Nate

Posted by: Mick2014 ()
Date: January 7, 2016 11:08

Hi Nate,

i get the E-Tickets 2 hours after the selling in the Internet bei fun.

i fly from Germany at 19.February to Rio and the first night i have a room near the Stadium. After the Show i also at the Windsor Palast Hotel at the copacobana.

the flight to sao Paulo is on 23.Febr. from Rio.

Hope to meet some Stones friends there. To relaxe at copacobana and to visit Rio and Sao Paulo.

i am looking foreword

Stones Forever

Posted by: Stonesfan62 ()
Date: January 7, 2016 12:09

Will arrive in Rio on the 18th staying in copacabana area see you there smiling smiley

Date: January 7, 2016 17:12

Should we try and pull together a meet up of iorr-ers? Maybe all get together Sat. afternoon, and take the metro, or a cab to Maracana together? I'll be staying at the JW Marriott in Copa. Just saw that my US to Brazil Visa has been 'authorized'. Can't wait!!

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: January 7, 2016 21:22

How is the show selling, sold out?

Date: January 8, 2016 00:33

mtaylor

Last I saw, it's NOT sold out, which is surprising! (Especially as it seems the Buenos Aries THREE shows are!).

The site is tough to navigate for us English only folks - so I don't monitor it as I might usually.

Date: January 8, 2016 00:43

DEmerson
mtaylor

Last I saw, it's NOT sold out, which is surprising! (Especially as it seems the Buenos Aries THREE shows are!).

The site is tough to navigate for us English only folks - so I don't monitor it as I might usually.

There's still some tickets for Rio and São Paulo (February 24), although they're not the best tickets.

Posted by: Kerryann ()
Date: January 10, 2016 04:24

We are travelling from New Zealand, via New Orleans (mardi gras) and Miami (blues at sea cruise). Get off the ship in Miami on 19th am after 4 days and nights of full on party on the cruise, then fly overnight to Rio. We arrive at 7.30am on the morning of the concert.

Staying very close to the stadium in a hostel, then off to Copacabana the next day. We would love to catch up with other like minded RS fans, maybe on the Sunday evening somewhere in Copacabana?

Date: January 10, 2016 20:12

Kerryann - I'd love to meet up with some Kiwis in Rio! I too will be getting in that a.m via a flight from Miami, only I get in around 9:30a and staying 3 (too short) nights in Copacabana.
I'm from Boston - and will be making the trip for my 34th Stones show (going back to '81). I'm on Facebook (I'm the one that show University of Mass., Amherst)- and my email is dpemerson531@gmail.com. If you, or Nate or whoever else going to Rio want to email me - perhaps we can chat more (so as to not clog this thread up too much). Would be great to meet some other folks - and to be honest, Rio does make me a tad nervous so would be nice to have some 'strength in numbers'. (And I know - many reports I've read, report no issues - keep your wits about you, don't walk alone in bad parts at night etc.). Anyway -Rio has always been a dream destination for me. I've seen the Stones in Macau China, London, Stockholm and this past summer Milwaukee and Buffalo - but this looks to be a big adventure!
Oh - and - you mention New Orleans. I go there once a month for work - am very familiar with the city - would be happy to send a write up I've done of my favorite restaurants and things. Look forward to hearing from people - and ole' Rio! - David

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-10 20:22 by DEmerson.

Date: January 15, 2016 22:14

I've just got internal flights booked for Brasil.

Rio to Sao Paulo on Feb 22nd

Sao Paulo to Porto Alegre on Feb 29th

Porto Alegre to Rio on March 4th

Just got to get hotel/hostel stuff sorted out and can see that Copacabana and Centro area are popular, fairly safe and some good deals after Rio Carnival.

Any tips on places to stay etc.

Can see that The Maracana Stadium is not too far and easy to get to from most places. smileys with beer

Date: January 15, 2016 22:34

Cheers, crawdaddy! smileys with beer

Bjornulf has posted some Rio tips that a friend of mine compiled on a post that you can read here: [stonesplanetbrazil.blogspot.com.br]

If you need any advices about Porto Alegre, feel free to ask me. winking smiley

Date: January 15, 2016 23:33

Hi crawdaddy
My friends and me will also be at all the Brazilian shows,I can give you the names of the hotels if you like they are not expensive and they are in decent areas.

Nate thumbs up

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1269
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home