Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 9 of 14
Re: The Rolling Stones Latin America Olé Tour 2016
Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 4, 2016 21:37

bbeliko
Nate
DrSnuggles
I am working in Xalapa Mexico and waiting for my wife to join in by the 5th of March. Then going by bus to MEX-City to the Mex 1 show. I have paltina 11 tickets. Its a bit disappointing to have a seated floor arangement at the front of stage area. On tuesday back to xalapa ... trabacho mas...

Hasta la vista at Foro Sol

Doc

I agree with you about the seats on the floor I don't know why they do it I suppose there is a reason but I can't see the point.

I'm sure you will have a great time anyway so enjoy the show.

Nate thumbs up
That reason is Money. Concerts are consistently more expensive in Mexico than anywhere else I'm used to watching shows. It's really crappy. They're catering to the rich corporate crowd, not unlike the US promoters. Mexico is much more influenced by the US than the other countries on this tour.

Surely more tickets can be sold and more money made with a standing section rather than seats?

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: February 4, 2016 21:47

With assigned seats on the field they can charge more per seat, probably more than offsetting whatever additional people they can pack onto the field. Field seats in San Diego were super expensive.

Posted by: Al65 ()
Date: February 4, 2016 23:40

I agree I had field in san Diego you pay more to stand in front of a chair

Date: February 4, 2016 23:54

I suppose money is the only logical reason for it,I just think it's horrible to have seats on the field at a large stadium concert.

Nate

Posted by: Al65 ()
Date: February 5, 2016 00:01

I always prefer the festival shows better atmosphere rio with ga on field should have that feel I hope

Posted by: tomy1 ()
Date: February 5, 2016 14:22

"I agree with you about the seats on the floor I don't know why they do it I suppose there is a reason but I can't see the point."

Does anyone remember The WHO concert back in the early 90's where several people were trampled to death rushing the stage when the doors opened during a "festival" seating show! I think this changed the way US shows are handled now - there are some shows that still do this one in particular is Bruce Springsteen.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 5, 2016 15:11

tomy1
"I agree with you about the seats on the floor I don't know why they do it I suppose there is a reason but I can't see the point."

Does anyone remember The WHO concert back in the early 90's where several people were trampled to death rushing the stage when the doors opened during a "festival" seating show! I think this changed the way US shows are handled now - there are some shows that still do this one in particular is Bruce Springsteen.

It was much longer ago than that - in Cincinatti in 1979. There was also much more to the story than that. The fans were not allowed in slowly in an orderly manner as is the norm nowadays.

The rushing to the stage happened because the queueing fans waiting outside heard the soundcheck, thinking it was the real start of the show. There was a huge panic - they overpowered security and stampeded in, resulting in the crush and trampling.

Google it - it's well documented.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 5, 2016 17:26

Date: February 6, 2016 00:05

Has anyone seen any posters for the Argentina shows yet?

Thanks

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: February 6, 2016 01:00

bbeliko
DrSnuggles
I am working in Xalapa Mexico and waiting for my wife to join in by the 5th of March. Then going by bus to MEX-City to the Mex 1 show. I have paltina 11 tickets. Its a bit disappointing to have a seated floor arangement at the front of stage area. On tuesday back to xalapa ... trabacho mas...

Hasta la vista at Foro Sol

Doc

... Concerts are consistently more expensive in Mexico than anywhere else I'm used to watching shows. It's really crappy. They're catering to the rich corporate crowd, not unlike the US promoters. Mexico is much more influenced by the US than the other countries on this tour.

This is definitely my least-anticipated stop on the tour. And the crowd blew when I was there for the '98 shows. The hugely expensive seating just adds to the horror.

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: February 6, 2016 02:05

im a @#$%& @#$%& @#$%& starfcukerstar!!!

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: February 6, 2016 03:16

numbered seats? im not sure i can stay at my spot lol

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 6, 2016 19:51

I have been working with a new format for IORR publishing. It should be scalable for all devices including PC, Tablet, Mobile, and supporting langages. This is the first versjon, it is my travel blog, I am still one week behind, but I will fill in the gaps soon:

Ole Tour Travel Blog:

[stoneslife.org]

Also I added some Chile reports and Santiago de Chile reports linked up here:

[www.iorr.org]

If the new format is working then I will move the 2016 reports into the same formats.

Comments please. Thanks!

Bjornulf

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: February 6, 2016 20:25

Nice readings BV thanks......

Posted by: hickorywind ()
Date: February 6, 2016 23:04

Great info as usual BV new format is excellent,
I am sure one day all your reports from over the years will be put together in book form , have a great trip and keep safe.
Thanks a million.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: February 6, 2016 23:27

Just don't do too much Bjornulf.

You got so much to do with travelling ,work ,family and seeing The Rolling Stones gigs in South America.

I know there are always a few days between gigs , but I'm sure we are all very happy with anything you manage to post on IORR.

smileys with beer

Date: February 6, 2016 23:49

Looks very nice. Simple and easy on the eyes.

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: February 6, 2016 23:58

bv
I have been working with a new format for IORR publishing. It should be scalable for all devices including PC, Tablet, Mobile, and supporting langages. This is the first versjon, it is my travel blog, I am still one week behind, but I will fill in the gaps soon:

Ole Tour Travel Blog:

[stoneslife.org]

Also I added some Chile reports and Santiago de Chile reports linked up here:

[www.iorr.org]

If the new format is working then I will move the 2016 reports into the same formats.

Comments please. Thanks!

The new format looks great! Thanks for putting up the show reports. They're always cool to read

Date: February 7, 2016 00:22

The reports of the shows are great to read it's interesting to hear about the shows from other people's perspective.

Giving your front rail spot to the young girl standing behind you bought a smile to my face,a nice touch.

One of the best things about being at the concerts is seeing so many happy people all having one of the best nights of their lives,it brings a great energy to the shows and personally I get a very great high from seeing that.

Thank you

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: angee ()
Date: February 7, 2016 01:30

That was so very, very nice to trade spots with the young woman, Bjornulf! Is that her slightly to your left in the set list picture, at your right shoulder? Your review is helpful in getting a sense of the show, as is Dean Goodman's.

The blog is beautiful, and a great place for your travel stories.

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-07 01:32 by angee.

Posted by: paulorrenato ()
Date: February 7, 2016 02:27

Cachorro grande is the best brazillian rock n roll band. Look for "Cachorro Grande - Voce não sabe o que perdeu" on youtube.
I also like Titãs. It's a great band. It's more grunge... Jack Endino produced one album of them
Ultraje a rigor isn't a great band, it's just a "ok" band...

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 7, 2016 04:42

angee
That was so very, very nice to trade spots with the young woman, Bjornulf! Is that her slightly to your left in the set list picture, at your right shoulder? Your review is helpful in getting a sense of the show, as is Dean Goodman's.

The blog is beautiful, and a great place for your travel stories.

Yes. She is right behind me to the left in the "set list" picture.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 7, 2016 05:06

Yes. She is right behind me to the left in the "set list" picture.

A true gentleman .... lovely to read BV ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: February 7, 2016 05:25

Fantastic Argentina, and then off to wonderful South Americasmoking smiley

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 7, 2016 06:07

Hey thank you BV for the writing, and you know I love the nature and adventure too.

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: February 7, 2016 07:28

Hey, BV! Gonna do a travel blog like you did in the US?

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: February 7, 2016 13:22

Whenever the Stones kick off another hugely successful and lucrative tour, I can't help but wonder what Wyman makes of it all.

Incredible to think that the Stones have exsited in their post-Wyman form for 80% of the time they existed with Wyman in the band.

Another seven years, and the Stones will have existed for longer without Wyman than with him.

Olly.

Posted by: Seb91 ()
Date: February 7, 2016 13:57

Olly
Whenever the Stones kick off another hugely successful and lucrative tour, I can't help but wonder what Wyman makes of it all.

Incredible to think that the Stones have exsited in their post-Wyman form for 80% of the time they existed with Wyman in the band.

Another seven years, and the Stones will have existed for longer without Wyman than with him.

Interesting point. The impression I get is that he's happier doing his own thing. I also don't think in interviews he's ever said that he was sad that they carried on without him (a la Roger Waters with Floyd or Peter Hook with New Order) so there doesn't appear to be any issues there. Plus, I imagine that the Stones being a big deal has a positive effect on his current career -ie if the Stones are still in the public consciousness then more people may go and see the Rhythm Kings.

It seems the only issue in recent years (given that he played on the 'new' tracks on the "Exile" Reissue (and "Some Girls"?) was his annoyance over his role in the 50th anniversary shows at The O2. I wonder if they had made him the offer to come back full time whether he would have taken it. Personally, for me it would have been a dream come true if he had come back on bass and Taylor had been given a bigger role.

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: February 7, 2016 14:06

Seb91
Olly

Interesting point. The impression I get is that he's happier doing his own thing. I also don't think in interviews he's ever said that he was sad that they carried on without him (a la Roger Waters with Floyd or Peter Hook with New Order) so there doesn't appear to be any issues there. Plus, I imagine that the Stones being a big deal has a positive effect on his current career -ie if the Stones are still in the public consciousness then more people may go and see the Rhythm Kings.

It seems the only issue in recent years (given that he played on the 'new' tracks on the "Exile" Reissue (and "Some Girls"?) was his annoyance over his role in the 50th anniversary shows at The O2. I wonder if they had made him the offer to come back full time whether he would have taken it. Personally, for me it would have been a dream come true if he had come back on bass and Taylor had been given a bigger role.

I have it on reliable authority, from someone who knows some in the Wyman camp,that the major reason he was pissed off with the 02 shows is that he was initially promised that he would play a good chunk of the showtime by Mick, on this reliance he sorted everything for a trip to the USA (Visas etc) and was all packed ready to go, only for Mick to turn round a few days before the O2 show and say he would only be playing 2. Keith was just as surprised as Bill was by this last minute alteration. Bill cancelled plans as he felt he had been led up the garden path.

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: February 7, 2016 15:06

Yes, thanks Seb91 and Rollin92.

Olly.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 9 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1776
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home