Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 10 of 14
Re: The Rolling Stones Latin America Olé Tour 2016
Posted by: Olly ()
Date: February 7, 2016 15:11

I'm curious as to whether the Stones will sell out all three shows taking place in La Plata in the same week.

I know Buenos Aires is huge, but La Plata itself only has a population of around 750,000.

I appreciate that the fan base in Argentina is strong, but it will be the first time for some while that they've played three consecutive shows in the same stadium.

Olly.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 7, 2016 15:23

The shows in BA sold out immediately. They could have sold out five or more shows. La Plata is a short trip from BA, many cars and buses on the roads today and later this week.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Seb91 ()
Date: February 7, 2016 15:32

Rollin92
Seb91
Olly
Whenever the Stones kick off another hugely successful and lucrative tour, I can't help but wonder what Wyman makes of it all.

Incredible to think that the Stones have exsited in their post-Wyman form for 80% of the time they existed with Wyman in the band.

Another seven years, and the Stones will have existed for longer without Wyman than with him.

Interesting point. The impression I get is that he's happier doing his own thing. I also don't think in interviews he's ever said that he was sad that they carried on without him (a la Roger Waters with Floyd or Peter Hook with New Order) so there doesn't appear to be any issues there. Plus, I imagine that the Stones being a big deal has a positive effect on his current career -ie if the Stones are still in the public consciousness then more people may go and see the Rhythm Kings.

It seems the only issue in recent years (given that he played on the 'new' tracks on the "Exile" Reissue (and "Some Girls"?) was his annoyance over his role in the 50th anniversary shows at The O2. I wonder if they had made him the offer to come back full time whether he would have taken it. Personally, for me it would have been a dream come true if he had come back on bass and Taylor had been given a bigger role.

I have it on reliable authority, from someone who knows some in the Wyman camp,that the major reason he was pissed off with the 02 shows is that he was initially promised that he would play a good chunk of the showtime by Mick, on this reliance he sorted everything for a trip to the USA (Visas etc) and was all packed ready to go, only for Mick to turn round a few days before the O2 show and say he would only be playing 2. Keith was just as surprised as Bill was by this last minute alteration. Bill cancelled plans as he felt he had been led up the garden path.

Thanks for the info! There was that BBC interview which basically confirmed that he thought he'd be doing more and that's why he didn't go around the world to play one or two songs a la Taylor. I say fair play to Bill to be honest. Interesting about Keith. I'm reminded of the interview he did in 2013 where he said how great it was for Taylor to be back as having three guitarists meant you could get a fuller sound, play more of the parts that are on the records etc only for Taylor to play a much smaller role.

It seems KR was the one that was most up for Bill and MT to come back. IIRC there was an interview he did in 2012 where he said the door was open for Bill and MT to come to rehearsals or something along those lines. Anyhoo I fear I'm dragging this thing off topic.

I was hoping they'd do some UK dates this year given that their exhibition is on at the Saatchi Gallery from April...

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 7, 2016 16:39

bv
The shows in BA sold out immediately. They could have sold out five or more shows. La Plata is a short trip from BA, many cars and buses on the roads today and later this week.

What is your prediction on this year for the stones, after the SA-leg Bjornulf???
recording the new album, and a European tour??
Or is this for 2017???
Jeroen

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 7, 2016 17:21

StonedAsia
Hey, BV! Gonna do a travel blog like you did in the US?

Ole Tour Travel Blog:

[stoneslife.org]

Also I added some Chile reports and Santiago de Chile reports linked up here:

[www.iorr.org]

If the new format is working then I will move the 2016 reports into the same formats.

*pasted for you from 35love need coffee but trying to help

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-07 17:23 by 35love.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: February 8, 2016 12:56

The set list pic showed some guy's burly old hand holding it. Where is Charlotte this tour?

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 8, 2016 13:35

SomeTorontoGirl
The set list pic showed some guy's burly old hand holding it. Where is Charlotte this tour?

Yes I noticed that from the photo of the set list at the Chile gig as well.
There was a photo of her with the Stones in Los Angeles during the rehearsals but maybe she didn't go to South America.

Nate

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: February 8, 2016 13:53

Nate
SomeTorontoGirl

Yes I noticed that from the photo of the set list at the Chile gig as well.
There was a photo of her with the Stones in Los Angeles during the rehearsals but maybe she didn't go to South America.

Nate

Maybe Zika panic?

Date: February 8, 2016 13:58

SomeTorontoGirl

Charlotte is still doing the pre-show Tattoo You Parlour.

Posted by: ttutone ()
Date: February 8, 2016 21:04

Does anyone have any insight on ticket sales in Bogota? It seems there are only a couple of sections on sale now. My Spanish is not great.

Do you think getting a good seat closer to the show is possible?

Thanks!!!!

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: February 8, 2016 22:27

ttutone
Does anyone have any insight on ticket sales in Bogota? It seems there are only a couple of sections on sale now. My Spanish is not great.

Do you think getting a good seat closer to the show is possible?

Thanks!!!!

your email is hidden

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 9, 2016 00:13

DandelionPowderman
SomeTorontoGirl

*Please pretty Charlotte, can you make these a bit longer? We are RS geeks and will take a quick spin backstage, set up, tune up, eating fries mac and cheese.
Too short love!

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: February 9, 2016 19:27

I hope they will play Monkey man or or Some girls during this new tour.
Always loved them when played live.

Have a nice day forum.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 9, 2016 20:21

What time (Eastern Time Zone) will the show tomorrow night start?

plexi

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: February 10, 2016 18:06

Are Lima and Bogotà selling well or are the more problematic dates?

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: February 10, 2016 20:09

[pbs.twimg.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-11 02:34 by mnewman505.

Posted by: lilz ()
Date: February 12, 2016 01:12

Hey guys, I'm curious about the merchan. Any chance we get to see how is the tourbook? At least an idea of how many pages should it have?

Date: February 12, 2016 14:12

DandelionPowderman
SomeTorontoGirl

What is this?

Olly.

Date: February 12, 2016 14:19

Olly
DandelionPowderman
SomeTorontoGirl

What is this?

A little backstage film clip prior to every show. Charlotte shows her «tattoo» of the day, and films a bit backstage, showing some instruments etc. It usually lasts for a couple of minutes.

If you follow the Stones on twitter, and have the periscope app, you will get a message about the Tattoo You Parlour and can stream it directly right prior to every show. In all the show threads you'll find links.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-12 14:24 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: February 12, 2016 14:19

Olly
DandelionPowderman
SomeTorontoGirl

What is this?

Charlotte is still posting pictures of Tattoos and setlists on her instagram account

Posted by: everwest1 ()
Date: February 12, 2016 14:42

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-12 15:24 by everwest1.

Posted by: everwest1 ()
Date: February 12, 2016 14:50

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-12 15:24 by everwest1.

Date: February 12, 2016 15:13

Ah, I see. Thanks Lien.

Olly.

Date: February 12, 2016 15:13

I echo those praising the South American audiences.

You would have to reach hard ('Olé, Olé Olé Olé, reach hards, reach hards') to find a more recharged ('Olé, Olé Olé Olé, recharged, recharged') audience on the planet.

With the careful choreography involved in planning the Stones' schedule, I always thought the band would end their live career playing to 90,000 fans at Wembley.

However, if the final shows the band play are in South America, it would be a far from unfitting end.

Olly.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: February 12, 2016 16:02

DandelionPowderman
Olly
DandelionPowderman
SomeTorontoGirl

What is this?

A little backstage film clip prior to every show. Charlotte shows her «tattoo» of the day, and films a bit backstage, showing some instruments etc. It usually lasts for a couple of minutes.

If you follow the Stones on twitter, and have the periscope app, you will get a message about the Tattoo You Parlour and can stream it directly right prior to every show. In all the show threads you'll find links.

This time she took us on a very short tour of all the clothes racks - which is how I knew Keith would be wearing that Starry Night jacket.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: February 12, 2016 16:03

Olly
You would have to reach hard ('Olé, Olé Olé Olé, reach hards, reach hards') to find a more recharged ('Olé, Olé Olé Olé, recharged, recharged') audience on the planet.

I thought they were chanting 'Olé, Olé Olé Olé, Richards, Richards' smoking smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 12, 2016 16:28

Please Stones, do some gigs in europe this summer !!!
jeroen

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: February 12, 2016 16:31

corriecas
Please Stones, do some gigs in europe this summer !!!
jeroen

Yes we are waiting for The Rolling Stones here in Budapest and other towns in Europe!
(Remember the extreme fast ticket sales in Europe last time!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-12 16:32 by 1962.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: February 12, 2016 18:39

Lien
Olly
DandelionPowderman
SomeTorontoGirl

What is this?

Charlotte is still posting pictures of Tattoos and setlists on her instagram account

Would like to see those Charlotte's tattoos here...

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: February 13, 2016 06:56

Stoneslife is very easy to read. Lovely format. Thank you, Bjornulf, for all your hard work.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 10 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1569
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home