Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 102
Re: Springsteen tonight Palace of Auburn Hills
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: April 14, 2016 13:57

Sockers56
Hello,

just wondering if any of you are heading to the Palace tonight? We have GA tickets. Does anybody know if there will be a lottery for the pit area & what are the details?
Check the venue's website. All the info for the lottery was there for the Seattle show much sooner than the email from Ticketmaster. Have fun!smoking smiley

Re: OT: Bruce Springsteen - 2016 - The River Tour
Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 14, 2016 23:14

Feel free to post here, but if I see political posts I will terminate the posting access from those who do not respect the very basic rule on IORR: No political posts. Thank you. And enjoy the Bruce Springsteen shows. I hear Bruce will visit Norway for three - 3 - shows!

Bjornulf

Re: OT: Springsteen Periscope in Detroit Thursday Night - April 14th
Posted by: jambay ()
Date: April 15, 2016 04:39

-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-15 19:26 by jambay.

Date: April 15, 2016 12:31

bv
Feel free to post here, but if I see political posts I will terminate the posting access from those who do not respect the very basic rule on IORR: No political posts. Thank you. And enjoy the Bruce Springsteen shows. I hear Bruce will visit Norway for three - 3 - shows!

Hope you get to see him, BV. The show I saw was fabulous!

Date: April 15, 2016 18:02

Title5Take1
“Why is Bruce Springsteen big, though? He talks the dumb way. Like Sylvester Stallone. Is that why these people are big? Because they talk that way and people identify?” — THE ANDY WARHOL DIARIES, 23 Aug, 1978 entry, after a Madison Sq. Garden concert.

"Why is Andy Warhol big, though? He exploited his actors/actresses. Like Stanley Kubrick. Is that why these people are big? Because they push boundaries and intrigue people?" - BeforeTheyMakeMeRun, 15 Apr, 2016 web psot, after feeling in a bit of a sour mood before reading this.

winking smiley In all seriousness, I do enjoy some of Warhol's paintings and Kubrick's films.

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: April 15, 2016 18:47

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
Title5Take1
“Why is Bruce Springsteen big, though? He talks the dumb way. Like Sylvester Stallone. Is that why these people are big? Because they talk that way and people identify?” — THE ANDY WARHOL DIARIES, 23 Aug, 1978 entry, after a Madison Sq. Garden concert.

"Why is Andy Warhol big, though? He exploited his actors/actresses. Like Stanley Kubrick. Is that why these people are big? Because they push boundaries and intrigue people?" - BeforeTheyMakeMeRun, 15 Apr, 2016 web psot, after feeling in a bit of a sour mood before reading this.

winking smiley In all seriousness, I do enjoy some of Warhol's paintings and Kubrick's films.

I've always wanted a Warhol

Date: April 16, 2016 13:52

Looks like Bob Seger came out & joined the party in Detroit. Kinda cool.

Posted by: leahoneill ()
Date: April 16, 2016 21:51

Have tickets in hand for Dublin and Bruce. He is not the stones, but excellent non-the-less...Looking forward..

Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: April 17, 2016 07:55

I was at the Springsteen show in Detroit Thursday night and what an experience it was. My friend and myself had floor tickets & I knew they were going to have a lottery to select who will be the first ones in the pit. We were headed to the Palace and I was starting to freak out since it was about 4:30 & wristbands were only given out until 5:00. We got there just a few minutes before 5 and got our wristbands The numbers were 760 and 761. They then had us line up in sequential order in the parking lot. There were several lines for the 200's, 300's, 400's and so on. After an eternity they announced the winning number 725 which meant that is where the line started which meant for us we would be the first few right up close and personal with The Boss. It was a real surreal experience to be so close. 33 songs and not one bathroom break for any of the band members. None of the songs sounded rushed. Bruce slapped my hand on one occasion which was a kick. The show lasted 3 hrs and 20 minutes. A highlight for me during the show was during "Dancing in the Dark" when I had helped an 18 year old girl get up on stage to dance with Bruce. She recently turned 18 and for her birthday her mom took her to see Bruce as the girl is a big fan. The girl had this big poster written up and she went to hold the poster up but because she was short she wasn't able to hold it too high. So, her mom and myself held the poster up and I kept pointing to the girl's head and what do you know Bruce motioned for her to come on up and we helped her up on the stage. The girl was thrilled as I was as well for her. And to add icing to the cake at the 2nd to last song, Bob Seger joined in. Sorry for the long post but I felt like Bjornulf being so close. Sockers46

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-17 07:58 by Sockers56.

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: April 17, 2016 15:08

Just listened to the 3 LA Sports Arena shows what is Bruce and his band on fire. I really hope we also get such a show here at Malieveld in The Hague. Really looking forward to see The Boss live again!!

Date: April 18, 2016 11:41

Sockers56
I was at the Springsteen show in Detroit Thursday night and what an experience it was. My friend and myself had floor tickets & I knew they were going to have a lottery to select who will be the first ones in the pit. We were headed to the Palace and I was starting to freak out since it was about 4:30 & wristbands were only given out until 5:00. We got there just a few minutes before 5 and got our wristbands The numbers were 760 and 761. They then had us line up in sequential order in the parking lot. There were several lines for the 200's, 300's, 400's and so on. After an eternity they announced the winning number 725 which meant that is where the line started which meant for us we would be the first few right up close and personal with The Boss. It was a real surreal experience to be so close. 33 songs and not one bathroom break for any of the band members. None of the songs sounded rushed. Bruce slapped my hand on one occasion which was a kick. The show lasted 3 hrs and 20 minutes. A highlight for me during the show was during "Dancing in the Dark" when I had helped an 18 year old girl get up on stage to dance with Bruce. She recently turned 18 and for her birthday her mom took her to see Bruce as the girl is a big fan. The girl had this big poster written up and she went to hold the poster up but because she was short she wasn't able to hold it too high. So, her mom and myself held the poster up and I kept pointing to the girl's head and what do you know Bruce motioned for her to come on up and we helped her up on the stage. The girl was thrilled as I was as well for her. And to add icing to the cake at the 2nd to last song, Bob Seger joined in. Sorry for the long post but I felt like Bjornulf being so close. Sockers46

thumbs up

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 18, 2016 12:49

What a great story Sockers56. smileys with beer

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: April 18, 2016 13:51

Great story, I am happy for you Sockers!

Date: April 25, 2016 13:27

Some bad news (depending on your perspective) for our European friends. According to Backstreet, last night was the last show that will feature the complete "River". I hope you get most of it & Bruce keeps the stripped down (for him) line up. I haven't been a big fan of the bloated line up of recent years. I really enjoyed the River show I saw & not just for the River material. I also hope he keeps playing "Purple Rain". The clip I saw was outstanding & very moving.

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: April 25, 2016 14:39

No!!!I hope this is not true. I was really looking forward to the River. Only playing the full Nebraska could have made me happiereye popping smiley

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: April 25, 2016 16:18

Free download "Purple Rain" mp3 Saturday's tribute performance from the official site:

[live.brucespringsteen.net]

Thank you, Bruce!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-25 19:35 by Rank Stranger.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: April 25, 2016 16:33

I was wondering if he was going to be able to play all those slow songs in massive stadiums in Europe, clearly he's having the same doubts.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: April 25, 2016 16:53

Hi can anyone tell me the chances of extra dates at Wembley? There's a big gap between June 5th at Wembley and June 14th in Holland...any solid info?

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: April 25, 2016 17:31

desertblues68
No!!!I hope this is not true. I was really looking forward to the River. Only playing the full Nebraska could have made me happiereye popping smiley

It's true apparently. From Barclay review:

Later in the show Bruce also announced that "these will be the last two nights we will officially play The River from start to finish", suggesting that the European tour will see a change in the setlists. When asked later if The River would be played in Europe, Garry Tallent tweeted "not in total and not in sequence".

So, I don't know... On one hand I was hoping to hear the entire River album which I love, but on the other I would be missing surprise factor, since this tour has had very little setlist suprises. I hope he'll keep a special River set, maybe of 6-7 songs, but maybe it's good we'll get in Europe more diverse setlists.

Date: April 25, 2016 19:00

Nebraska in full ini Wembley and I will be crying for joy. I hope they don't drop Drive All Night the recent version is simply magnificent!

Date: April 25, 2016 19:18

desertblues68
Nebraska in full ini Wembley and I will be crying for joy. I hope they don't drop Drive All Night the recent version is simply magnificent!
thumbs up "Drive All Night" was a high point of the show I saw. Should be getting my cd of Seattle this week. Can't wait!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-25 19:20 by crholmstrom.

Date: April 25, 2016 19:26

I almost cannot believe it on backstreets fans are moaning about Bruce set lists. That shows that it is impossible to make everyone happygrinning smiley

Date: April 25, 2016 21:50

Backstreets board can't seem to decide whether they want to sue Bruce or they are happy about this change.

Date: April 25, 2016 22:50

mnewman505
Backstreets board can't seem to decide whether they want to sue Bruce or they are happy about this change.

They are at least as bad as the Hateful Fred fans.>grinning smiley<

Date: April 25, 2016 23:26

Can you imagine the Stones playing a double album start to finish then playing another 90 minutes of greatest hits, Bruce fans have it so good and yet they still complain!

Posted by: GeorgV ()
Date: April 26, 2016 12:20

crholmstrom
Some bad news (depending on your perspective) for our European friends. According to Backstreet, last night was the last show that will feature the complete "River". I hope you get most of it & Bruce keeps the stripped down (for him) line up. I haven't been a big fan of the bloated line up of recent years. I really enjoyed the River show I saw & not just for the River material. I also hope he keeps playing "Purple Rain". The clip I saw was outstanding & very moving.

I hope this just means the last time in USA. It is "The River Tour' in Europe too, and that's what I believed I bought tickets for. I'll be disappointed if this is changed now

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: April 26, 2016 13:42

Bruce has spoiled us with his incredible shows over the last decade, playing songs from signs and apparently having no chiseled in stones set list! I've been listening to his Italy 2013 soundboard the last few days with its amazing set list! My wife and I saw The River tour in Sunrise back in February, it was hard for me(64 years old) to stay awake for a three hour plus show...smiling smiley

Date: April 26, 2016 14:36

My friend who lives in NYC adored the last show, let's say that I tried selling my soul so that I could be there, but nobody wanted to buy it. Hoping for the full the River for Wembley, hopefully not in vain, or at least a deep cuts show such as the one in 2013smoking smiley

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: April 26, 2016 16:24

Mr.D
Bruce has spoiled us with his incredible shows over the last decade, playing songs from signs and apparently having no chiseled in stones set list! I've been listening to his Italy 2013 soundboard the last few days with its amazing set list! My wife and I saw The River tour in Sunrise back in February, it was hard for me(64 years old) to stay awake for a three hour plus show...smiling smiley
All the tours he's done with the E-Street Band since reuniting in 1999 have been incredible.

If he'd never done ANYTHING after 1999, he'd still be an all-time legend, but the body of live work he's compiled over the past 16 years is nothing short of monumental.

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: April 26, 2016 16:55

Bruuucccceeee!!!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 102

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1150
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home