Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 102
Re: OT: Bruce Springsteen - 2016 - The River Tour
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 10, 2016 00:40

whitem8
Good post Aqua!

Yes! thumbs up

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: April 10, 2016 02:31

There are many horrible things going on right now in this country...
bad laws, bad people, bad corruption, bad cover ups, etc, etc, going on right now...

So we can assume that when Bruce DOES NOT boycott and cancel a show
where some very very bad things are happening, that he is explicitly saying
he is OK with those bad things going on?? Because if he was not OK with
those bad things then he would cancel the show, right?

OK Bruce, gotcha...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-10 02:34 by jambay.

Date: April 10, 2016 02:35

Can we use this thread to keep track of the bad things Bruce Springsteen is OK with?

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: April 10, 2016 02:39

jambay
bad laws, bad people, bad corruption, bad cover ups, etc, etc, going on right now...

OK Bruce, gotcha...

Well you obviously don't get it. This is civil rights, and Bruce has long championed civil rights and has spoken out against oppression. And even Little Steven chimed in saying this is so vile that now is the time to speak out. This is speaking out for justice and against the American Taliban.

Date: April 10, 2016 02:41

whitem8
jambay

OK Bruce, gotcha...

Well you obviously don't get it. This is civil rights, and Bruce has long championed civil rights and has spoken out against oppression. And even Little Steven chimed in saying this is so vile that now is the time to speak out. This is speaking out for justice and against the American Taliban.

Uhm, whats not to get? Bad things are bad things. And if he plays a show where bad things are going on then he is saying he is OK with those bad things.

Let keep track of what they are OK with.

Date: April 10, 2016 02:43

That is childish logic. He is taking a stand on an issue. You are being deliberately thick thinking it is a clever way to make a point, yet it exposes your ignorance. Move on, nothing to see here. Thank you.

Date: April 10, 2016 02:47

How about the upcoming Detroit, Auburn Hills, Flint MI shows??
Does Bruce not care about what the city has done to the drinking water up there?

The Flint water crisis is a drinking water contamination issue in Flint, Michigan, United States that started in April 2014. After Flint changed its water source from treated Detroit Water and Sewerage Department water (which was sourced from Lake Huron as well as the Detroit River) to the Flint River (to which officials had failed to apply corrosion inhibitors), its drinking water had a series of problems that culminated with lead contamination, creating a serious public health danger.

Date: April 10, 2016 02:47

whitem8
That is childish logic. He is taking a stand on an issue. You are being deliberately thick thinking it is a clever way to make a point, yet it exposes your ignorance. Move on, nothing to see here. Thank you.
Dont get personal with me missy.

Date: April 10, 2016 02:51

And it looks like Bruce does not care about the civil rights violations going on in Baltimore right or he would cancel his April 20th show.

[www.baltimoresun.com]
Baltimore police officers exceeded widely accepted safety limits for Tasers more than any other force in Maryland, and in nearly all cases fired the weapon at suspects who were not complying with police orders but did not pose a threat.

Most of the suspects hit by Tasers in Baltimore were black, according to data obtained and analyzed by The Baltimore Sun, and more than two-thirds of the incidents from 2012 to 2014 took place in ZIP codes with the city's lowest median incomes.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: April 10, 2016 03:47

Just because you can't do everything, that doesn't mean you shouldn't do something. It's more than many people would do.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: April 10, 2016 03:50

Hmmm...to use some of the logic being expressed here re whether Springsteen should cancel this show or that, should the Stones have taken a stand and said they would not play Cuba because of the regime in power there? Should the Stones have taken a stand and cancelled Brazil because of the politics and class differences there, the exploitation of the Amazon rain forest, etc.? To nitpick at Springsteen over whether he should cancel shows now for this or that is bullsh*t. Re Baltimore, it's my hometown and cops - black white brown whatever - have always been basta*ds toward minorities and lower income folks whether they were white black or brown. It was and is Baltimore. It's what you learned as you grew up there. Overuse of Tasers is not the same thing as modern Jim Crow laws based on religious bullsh*t to appease a declining voter base so your as* can get elected or maintain control.

Date: April 10, 2016 04:02

dmay
Hmmm...to use some of the logic being expressed here re whether Springsteen should cancel this show or that, should the Stones have taken a stand and said they would not play Cuba because of the regime in power there? Should the Stones have taken a stand and cancelled Brazil because of the politics and class differences there, the exploitation of the Amazon rain forest, etc.? To nitpick at Springsteen over whether he should cancel shows now for this or that is bullsh*t. Re Baltimore, it's my hometown and cops - black white brown whatever - have always been basta*ds toward minorities and lower income folks whether they were white black or brown. It was and is Baltimore. It's what you learned as you grew up there. Overuse of Tasers is not the same thing as modern Jim Crow laws based on religious bullsh*t to appease a declining voter base so your as* can get elected or maintain control.

The Stones have never gotten political canceled a show over politics or wrong doing.

To say it is OK to taze people who do not pose a threat is bullsh*t.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: April 10, 2016 13:30

The Boss got balls,attitude and did the right thing.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: April 10, 2016 15:55

As a long time Bruce supporter, I have mixed feelings about his cancelling his North Carolina gig. Couldn't he have found a middle ground and made a commentary during the concert or demonstrated some other vehicle of solidarity? What about fans who follow him from all over the world that change their schedules, book planes, hotels, etc? Couldn't Bruce have made his decision a little further back?

Date: April 10, 2016 18:09

Yeah, this dumb, somewhat unenforceable, bathroom law ( at least
it will be "odd" for Law enforcement officers to attempt to enforce
)
was signed into law 3 weeks ago. That was plenty of time for him to let
everyone know he was canceling this show.

Now he will be known as undependable and flighty.

He will now be known as someone who might cancel a show at any moment
when any law or government policy in any country or region is not his cup of tea.

And further...
now that governments have seen that he is willing to do this type of thing...
as he and all of the people who rely on him for a job, leave the United States to (maybe)(unless he cancels) play shows internationally, he may get the cold shoulder from certain governments that are known to do far far worse than to try to tell people which bathroom they should use.

Certain governments around the world do not take kindly to a performers who
will cancel a show at the last minute in an effort to try and embarrass that
government over it's laws and policies.

And I wonder how Bruce feels about the people who work for him telling him
that they will not work in certain places where THEY feel the laws and policies
are not to their liking, so they are not going to run lights, or sound or be a guitar tech for certain shows?

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: April 10, 2016 18:15

whitem8
triceratops
So Bruce and Stevie are politicians now? I am on North Carolina's side here and against all the bullying by Hollywood and Silicon Valley luminaries. Beyond bullying as in Paypal will not put a new division there (NC) due to a simple straight forward bathroom law barring trans people from playing silly games in public bathrooms.

It is far more than simple bathroom laws! It is also allowing business to discriminate based on religious belief. And your fear mongering narrow argument of fooling around in bathrooms shows more your lack of understanding of the true issue, and the reality that sexuality is a very complex and dynamic issue.

Who says this has anything to do with religion? I think North Carolina is correct and I don't care about religion at all. One thing I haven't seen you or anyone else including Bruce and his buddies talk about is the rights of people not to be forced to send their daughters to a public bathroom that legally has a man using it at the same time.

When this bill was made it was put in there that unisex single user bathrooms are the answer to this problem. This was not good enough for Trans, and its because they don't care about anyone else but themselves.

I love Bruce's music but always thought he was n idiot. He is the type of liberal that will sign up for any cause that the libs take up. Bruce is a 1960s wannabe and always has been. Shut up and sing.

Seeing how this is a Stones board I know Mick in the past has agreed with me. I saw an interview where he said the No Nukes thing was a joke and was just a bunch of libs getting together and wanting to do something with a 196os vibe. he said they didn't even bother to call him because they knew what he would say.

He also cut down Van Zandt's Artists United Against Apartheid project. That was part of the reason he wrote Rock and a Hard Place. Saw his interview about that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-10 18:36 by stanlove.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: April 10, 2016 18:56

stanlove
whitem8
triceratops
So Bruce and Stevie are politicians now? I am on North Carolina's side here and against all the bullying by Hollywood and Silicon Valley luminaries. Beyond bullying as in Paypal will not put a new division there (NC) due to a simple straight forward bathroom law barring trans people from playing silly games in public bathrooms.

It is far more than simple bathroom laws! It is also allowing business to discriminate based on religious belief. And your fear mongering narrow argument of fooling around in bathrooms shows more your lack of understanding of the true issue, and the reality that sexuality is a very complex and dynamic issue.

Who says this has anything to do with religion? I think North Carolina is correct and I don't care about religion at all. One thing I haven't seen you or anyone else including Bruce and his buddies talk about is the rights of people not to be forced to send their daughters to a public bathroom that legally has a man using it at the same time.

When this bill was made it was put in there that unisex single user bathrooms are the answer to this problem. This was not good enough for Trans, and its because they don't care about anyone else but themselves.

I love Bruce's music but always thought he was n idiot. He is the type of liberal that will sign up for any cause that the libs take up. Bruce is a 1960s wannabe and always has been. Shut up and sing.

Seeing how this is a Stones board I know Mick in the past has agreed with me. I saw an interview where he said the No Nukes thing was a joke and was just a bunch of libs getting together and wanting to do something with a 196os vibe. he said they didn't even bother to call him because they knew what he would say.

He also cut down Van Zandt's Artists United Against Apartheid project. That was part of the reason he wrote Rock and a Hard Place. Saw his interview about that.
So many hackneyed Republican talking points. It's pathetic how many people just open up the tops of their skulls and willingly allow Rush Limbaugh to shit all of his rancid ideas directly into their brain cavities.

I mean, at least TRY to formulate an original thought. It's amazing how all right-wingers read off the same script...it just goes to show how effective their propaganda is.

And that little bit about trans people being the selfish ones...amazingly tone-deaf. Yes, we all know how coddled they are. That's why they're often alienated from their families and commit suicide at much higher rates than the general population.

Ah, but I'm sure you would view that statistic as a net BENEFIT. Belittling and humiliating people incessantly until they kill themselves is a feature, not a bug, in GOP America.

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: April 10, 2016 19:09

keefriff99
stanlove
whitem8
triceratops

So many hackneyed Republican talking points. It's pathetic how many people just open up the tops of their skulls and willingly allow Rush Limbaugh to shit all of his rancid ideas directly into their brain cavities.

I mean, at least TRY to formulate an original thought. It's amazing how all right-wingers read off the same script...it just goes to show how effective their propaganda is.

And that little bit about trans people being the selfish ones...amazingly tone-deaf. Yes, we all know how coddled they are. That's why they're often alienated from their families and commit suicide at much higher rates than the general population.

Ah, but I'm sure you would view that statistic as a net BENEFIT. Belittling and humiliating people incessantly until they kill themselves is a feature, not a bug, in GOP America.

Well seeing how I hate Rush Limbaugh and am not a conservative in any way shape or form its hard to take you seriously. I have never heard Limbaugh even speak on this. It does show what what i suspect, its a libs vs conserves issue and you are a lib so you will take that side. I am a middle of the road type of guy and I am on the fence about most things.

I don't like libs who take the libs side on all issues anymore then I like conservatives with the use vs them attitude.

I meant on this issue transgendered people have the spotlight and are not going to settle for a fair solution like unisex one user bathrooms which was suggested..They claimed thats not fair to them. Thats BS, I have never heard one of them or their backers ack that its not fair to force parents to send their daughters into public bathrooms legally used by men. You have said nothing about it either.

I think if Bruce or Van Zandt or you are anyone else who yaps about this is really feeling this strongly about it then they should stay in NC and have their daughters, wives, and granddaughters use bathrooms at the same time as men over and over to show everyone its not a big deal. Then I would be impressed that its them walking the walk and not just talking the talk as Bruce always does. Bruce should say his daughters or granddaughters will be using the bathroom at 2 oclock at a certain area and invite any random trans male or any man who wants to wear a wig and a dress to show up and use it at the same time. That would be a great sign that Bruce really means it. If he or the other yappers are not up for this then they should shut their mouths.

You can believe that Trans should be treated fairly but shouldn't be allowed to legally use the bathrooms of the opposite sex. That doesn't make one evil to believe that as idiots like Bruce and Van Zandtand others have tried to paint it.

I noticed you didn't answer anything I said.

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-10 20:18 by stanlove.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: April 10, 2016 23:04

stanlove

I think if Bruce or Van Zandt or you are anyone else who yaps about this is really feeling this strongly about it then they should stay in NC and have their daughters, wives, and granddaughters use bathrooms at the same time as men over and over to show everyone its not a big deal.

Trans women are women. Trans men are men. Even the ones who still retain the bodies of their birth gender. They pose no more threat than anyone else in a public bathroom. You have probably used bathrooms at the same time as trans men yourself (assuming you're a guy) and not even realized it. This issue is all about gender, not sex.

Edit: Van Zandt tweeted:

A quick science lesson-Woman+Penis becomes a Man. The law you support insures men will be in bathrooms with girls.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-11 00:07 by Aquamarine.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: April 11, 2016 00:19

josepi
When I was young we had a word for transsexuals, homosexuals, etc., and that word was....

Perverts

It's astounding much tUSA has degenerated to the point where this is now acceptable, and judging by some of the comments in this thread, commendable behavior. No wonder the world is in so much trouble.

The world is in so much trouble precisely because of the hatred and ignorance displayed by you.

Ignorance in thinking that this law is limited to bathrooms when in fact it provides that a person can be fired, evicted, etc. because they are gay. Hatred in not caring about that because it does not affect you. When ignorance and hatred are enacted into law, as we have seen throughout history, and as is apparently supported by you, that is the definition of the world being in trouble. What perverted thinking you display.

Date: April 11, 2016 03:13

josepi
When I was young we had a word for transsexuals, homosexuals, etc., and that word was....

Perverts

It's astounding much tUSA has degenerated to the point where this is now acceptable, and judging by some of the comments in this thread, commendable behavior. No wonder the world is in so much trouble.

You sir or madam, or whatever, should just crawl back under your rock and troll somewhere else with your ignorant venom and hatred. You should be ashamed, however, I suspect you're are not intelligent enough to feel any shame.

Date: April 11, 2016 04:41

It is interesting how people who seem to want everyone to be accepting of different views and opinions seem to be the first ones to say the harshest most criticizing things when others post views and opinions which they do not agree with as they make direct personal insults, start name calling and making vast generalizations about a person based on a single post. It is interesting how they seem to imagine that they have been put in charge of telling everyone what is what and how things should be everywhere.

Date: April 11, 2016 04:52

Different views and opinions are fine until they smack up against what is right and humane. To label homosexuals, transvestites, or any other alternate sexual preference as being a "pervert" is just hatred in its rawest and most base form. And is wrong. Then you either stand up and say so, or say it is just another "opinion" or "point of view".

Date: April 11, 2016 04:58

whitem8
Different views and opinions are fine until they smack up against what is right and humane. To label homosexuals, transvestites, or any other alternate sexual preference as being a "pervert" is just hatred in its rawest and most base form. And is wrong. Then you either stand up and say so, or say it is just another "opinion" or "point of view".

Being the nastiest rudest harshest person you can be is self serving and will not change any opinion. It is unfortunate that you have felt persecuted because you are a homosexual, transsexual or whatever you are, but lashing out here will not change a thing.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: April 11, 2016 05:42

whitem8
josepi

Perverts

You sir or madam, or whatever, should just crawl back under your rock and troll somewhere else with your ignorant venom and hatred. You should be ashamed, however, I suspect you're are not intelligent enough to feel any shame.
What i want to know is how is this idiot even a Stones fan? Homosexual imagery, lyrics and androgyny is a such a hugely critical part of the Stones '70s period. It blows my mind that someone so hateful, bigoted and stodgy could even be a Stones fan and post something like that without even a hint of shame.

OT: Springsteen Periscope in Detroit Thursday Night - April 14th
Posted by: GlimmerGirl24 ()
Date: April 13, 2016 06:44

Mike and I will be Periscoping Bruce on Thursday night - the concert should start a few minutes after 8pmEDT and end around 11:30pm.

I hope to see you all on my iPhone screen. smiling smiley I've missed getting together twice a week on Periscope.

@TigerPurr1

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-13 08:07 by GlimmerGirl24.

Re: OT: Springsteen Periscope in Detroit Thursday Night - April 14th
Date: April 13, 2016 08:02

I hope you guys had a good time GG,
but I am sure you did... and you surely made it more fun for others too smileys with beer

Posted by: GlimmerGirl24 ()
Date: April 13, 2016 08:06

We have great seats for Springsteen (Bruce is nice in not exceeding what I'll pay for a concert ticket). We're eight rows up from the floor and should be an aisle and the first three seats from the stage.

Date: April 13, 2016 09:56

I guess I was speaking from the future when I wrote before winking smiley
(but what I said is (will be) true)(I would bet)

So cool! this coming Thursday!

I will tune in for sure. I am huge fan (of you). Any shows I know you
are scoping I will peek in for sure... esp the post-River part of the show.

Thanks for the heads up GG, I am glad I did not miss this.

Springsteen tonight Palace of Auburn Hills
Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: April 14, 2016 13:48

Hello,

just wondering if any of you are heading to the Palace tonight? We have GA tickets. Does anybody know if there will be a lottery for the pit area & what are the details?

Thanks, Sockers46

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 102

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1500
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home