Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Feb 1967 recording question--"versions of well-known Satanic-songs"--(notation in nzentgraf)
Posted by: swiss ()
Date: November 16, 2015 14:17

hi there

This weekend was a mini spree of 1966-67 Stones.

I've been mildly curious about band dynamics and relationships prior to the notorious (or watershed) Morocco trip in March 1967.

In poking around saw this on nzentgraf for 1967 the following notation. What does the highlighted mean?

670209A 9th - 24th February: London, Olympic Sound Studios. Producer: Andrew Oldham or The Rolling Stones. Sound engineer: Glyn Johns.
- Blues 1 (MJ/KR) -11th February, unverified
- Blues 3 (MJ/KR) -16th February
- Dust My Broom (Robert Johnson) -22nd February, unverified
- In Another Land I (BW) -14th February, unverified early version, (under title Bill’s Tune)
- In Another Land II (BW) -22nd February, unverified early version, (under title Acid In The Grass)
- Title 5 (MJ/KR) -17th February, take 1; instrumental; Exile On Main St.-2010-remaster-version
- Title 9 (MJ/KR) -14th February, unverified
- Title 10 (MJ/KR) -14th February, unverified
- Trouble In Mind II (Richard M. Jones) -22nd February, unverified
- You Can’t Always Get What You Want I (MJ/KR) -22nd February, unverified very early instrumental version
- 2000 Light Years From Home I (MJ/KR) –unverified early version under title Loose Woman
+ blues jam ( ) -22nd February

Note: Blues #1 and Titles #9 & 10 are working titles, either these are versions of well-known Satanic-songs or abandoned instrumentals.

thanks
swiss

Re: Feb 1967 recording question--"versions of well-known Satanic-songs"--(notation in nzentgraf)
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: November 16, 2015 14:21

It means they might be early versions of songs which later appeared on the finished album, but that they didn't have titles in February 1967.

Note most of all that is unverified stuff, so basically the info could all be wrong/made up/guesses etc.

Re: Feb 1967 recording question--"versions of well-known Satanic-songs"--(notation in nzentgraf)
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 16, 2015 14:25

Looks like NZengraf didn't heard these songs/outtakes when he wrote that........

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: November 16, 2015 14:26

His Majesty...ok, that type of "well-known Satanic songs." As opposed to "best-loved chestnuts from the upside-down hymnal" sort of thing. winking smiley

deng, I didn't know that about nzentgraf. I thought it was more or less the Stones timeline bible.

thanks
swiss

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-16 14:30 by swiss.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: November 16, 2015 14:32

swiss
His Majesty...ok, that type of well-known Satanic songs. Not like the best-loved ditties from the upside-down hymnal sort of thing. winking smiley

deng, I didn't know that about nzentgraf. I thought it was more or less the Stones timeline bible.

thanks
swiss

It's the best we have, but some stuff is just assumptions etc based on little or no info. Kinda like we do here. grinning smiley

Unverified atleast lets us know the info is unverified so may be wrong. thumbs up

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: November 17, 2015 02:19

So Nico Zentgraf isn't NICOS on this board?

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: November 17, 2015 10:54

Nope!

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 17, 2015 16:35

Otherwise I would have called me NICOZ

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1606
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home