Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 10 of 14
Re: Ronnie: Studio in December..
Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: November 20, 2015 18:51

Hairball
Turner68
They could always try to get Paul McCartney to work with them, he has been a very active collaborator. It's hard to imagine that he and Keith didn't mess around a bit with guitars when they hung out a couple years back.

I'm pretty sure they did play guitars, and if memory serves they actually wrote a song together!!!
Could be for a separate future project - 'StoneBeatle' - or perhaps will never see the light of day.

It would really bring things full circle wouldn't it? I'm sure Daryl would step aside and let Paul step in on bass for a track or two also.... ;-)

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: November 20, 2015 20:26

I'm thrilled at the very real possibility that we will see a new Stones album in the coming year. I don't have any preconcieved ideas about the quality or content, I usually try to just take a wait and see approach. Reading too much here can sometimes mess with my head and I start listening with those comments buzzing around in my ears, so I've learned to stay away or read lightly these types of threads.

So, bring it on, boys...I'm just going to wait patiently in my little corner of the world. cool smiley

Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: November 20, 2015 20:32

Could after this album, maybe every year, put out a 3 to 5 song ep? Couple new songs, couple covers, live tracks?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-20 20:33 by JohnnyBGoode.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 20, 2015 20:42

latebloomer
I'm thrilled at the very real possibility that we will see a new Stones album in the coming year. I don't have any preconcieved ideas about the quality or content, I usually try to just take a wait and see approach. Reading too much here can sometimes mess with my head and I start listening with those comments buzzing around in my ears, so I've learned to stay away or read lightly these types of threads.

So, bring it on, boys...I'm just going to wait patiently in my little corner of the world. cool smiley

thumbs up

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 20, 2015 21:46

DandelionPowderman
I'm sure your intentions were good, Doxa, but what you did was destructive, not constructive this time.

It has nothing to do with opinions. As I have said numerous times, there was room for all kinds of opinions in that thread.

The result of what you did was that people wanted me banned from IORR, because they started to believe that I «policed the thread» or was «pulling strings», controlling posters who were spitting out insults to the ones who didn't like the album.

This couldn't be further from the truth, and I hope you will think again the next time you decide that you must take actions «to balance things out». You're a great poster, Doxa, and people listen to you. There's power in words, and there are people here who take the «camp»-thing literally (also «camps» within IORR).

Personally, I don't care to the extent that I am hurt myself. I just wanted to use this occasion as an eye-opener – to tell that even on a fun RS board that we shouldn't take too seriously, things are happening if one light certain fires.

What happened to the thread? It died down. There was a new Keith-video that came two days ago. Only a very few comments...

You wanted more diversity in the CH-thread? By all means, take the thread home with proudmary, Carpet, LongBeach, Naturalust and the other fans. I'm sure they have lots of exciting things to say about the album and will offer their extensive knowledge on the matter. I really hope they can offer that.

Seriously? I contributed plenty to the CH thread, mostly positive stuff, don't really feel the need take it home at this point. No need to call out specific posters or Doxa because they don't always agree with you. The thread died down because that's what threads do. I'm still not sure why you would erase all your posts there, I really don't get this people wanted you banned or this will open our eyes somehow. Are proudmary and LBA72 going to come back now there are none of your posts there or something? What statement were you trying to make here exactly? That those posters haven't or can't offered as exciting of knowledgeable opinions as yours? Feels a bit like a childish "you're going to miss me when I'm gone" statement to me. You had already posted that you were going to refrain from posting there, I think if people actually thought you were policing the thread somehow that would have been enough of an action to assuage their fears.

Anyway I thought most of your posts there were exciting and knowledgeable, helped open my eyes to some of the subtle stuff on that record and made me listen closer and overall appreciate the record a bit more. Sorry you felt the need to erase them all but I certainly can't see how Doxa is to blame. Perhaps you can use the opportunity to keep the thread alive and repost some of your feelings about the record over there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-20 21:59 by Naturalust.

Date: November 20, 2015 22:43

35love
latebloomer

thumbs up

thumbs up thumbs up

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: November 20, 2015 22:46

I was on Instagram today and Ronnie Wood has a new book out (his diary) and a contest! and he is selling some prints of some really funny pictures he drew from memory of his time on the road.

www.genesis-publications.com/how-can-it-be-a-rock-and-roll-diary-by-ronnie-wood

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-20 23:13 by tumbled.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 21, 2015 02:33

DandelionPowderman
35love
latebloomer

thumbs up

thumbs up thumbs up

I so enjoy reading both of you Doxa and DanelionPowderman, two of the most articulate and insightful fans around these parts. I am sad that things escalated into hard feelings and even more that chunks of the thread are gone. If after a time you felt like putting your posts back, DP, I (and others) would appreciate it. Perhaps you two could even reconcile offline, in a phone call. I understand how strong feelings are generated by members of the band, and our reactions to them.

I missed most of the upset, so have no comment on the content per se. Agreeing with Latebloomer, sometimes I try to listen before reading much of the review/opinion threads. Thanks for listening.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 21, 2015 04:36

35love
latebloomer

thumbs up

thumbs upthumbs up

Date: November 21, 2015 04:39

DandelionPowderman
35love
latebloomer

thumbs up

thumbs up thumbs up

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 21, 2015 07:29

treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman
35love
latebloomer

thumbs up

thumbs up thumbs up

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: November 21, 2015 08:48

MisterDDDD
treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman
35love
latebloomer

thumbs up

thumbs up thumbs up

thumbs down ...only to break the monotony!

Posted by: winter ()
Date: November 21, 2015 09:02

Somebody's got to break this 15-year cycle, ever since Don't Stop and the 3 on 40Licks, where many of their new songs sound like demos. No crafting of decent intros, outros, bridges, endings. When was the last decent instrumental break in a song? 18 years ago on B2B's OoC (trumpet) and AOM (guitar)? What about all the great 'sweetening' overdubs they would do to fill out a track? Pass the Wine from the Exile bonus disc got more TLC in this manner with its percussion, horns, bridge and gospel background vocals than almost all of ABB. ABB had a lot of promise in terms of the song cores they had to work with, but only 4-5 such as LIND seem fully formed/finished.

Left to their own devices, without someone to push them and to get them excited about making this next batch of tunes, they won't make the album that they're totally capable of making. Just listen to the 'break' on D&G; that's not something that would have passed muster (to us, them or their producers) before the Don't Stop era. And heck, bring in some maestros as well to enliven the songs just like they used to have Hopkins, Kooper, Miller, Rollins, Keys, Taylor, Cooder, Sneaky Pete, Preston, Sugar Blue, etc.

The choice of outside producer is crucial to this possible record. Fingers crossed that these sessions start out on the right foot and that they bring in a fresh set of ears behind the desk to work on the arrangements as they progress. May Keith and Mick get the inspiration they need, and may the sessions and songs kick some major ass.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: November 21, 2015 10:18

winter
Somebody's got to break this 15-year cycle, ever since Don't Stop and the 3 on 40Licks, where many of their new songs sound like demos. No crafting of decent intros, outros, bridges, endings. When was the last decent instrumental break in a song? 18 years ago on B2B's OoC (trumpet) and AOM (guitar)? What about all the great 'sweetening' overdubs they would do to fill out a track? Pass the Wine from the Exile bonus disc got more TLC in this manner with its percussion, horns, bridge and gospel background vocals than almost all of ABB. ABB had a lot of promise in terms of the song cores they had to work with, but only 4-5 such as LIND seem fully formed/finished.

Left to their own devices, without someone to push them and to get them excited about making this next batch of tunes, they won't make the album that they're totally capable of making. Just listen to the 'break' on D&G; that's not something that would have passed muster (to us, them or their producers) before the Don't Stop era. And heck, bring in some maestros as well to enliven the songs just like they used to have Hopkins, Kooper, Miller, Rollins, Keys, Taylor, Cooder, Sneaky Pete, Preston, Sugar Blue, etc.

The choice of outside producer is crucial to this possible record. Fingers crossed that these sessions start out on the right foot and that they bring in a fresh set of ears behind the desk to work on the arrangements as they progress. May Keith and Mick get the inspiration they need, and may the sessions and songs kick some major ass.

thumbs up

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 21, 2015 17:18

latebloomer

Don't worry, there are plenty of people here that have conceived ideas about the quality or content based on, oh... the last 5 albums?

Date: November 21, 2015 17:21

winter
Somebody's got to break this 15-year cycle, ever since Don't Stop and the 3 on 40Licks, where many of their new songs sound like demos. No crafting of decent intros, outros, bridges, endings. When was the last decent instrumental break in a song? 18 years ago on B2B's OoC (trumpet) and AOM (guitar)?

You've really gotta get your acronyms down better. You do OoC for Out Of Control but do AOM for Already Over Me? Come on! All caps for song acronyms!

Date: November 21, 2015 17:25

The break in D&G - you mean that stringy bit before the 'fracking deep for oil' part? Yikes. Yeah. That is autopilot.

Date: November 21, 2015 18:29

GasLightStreet
latebloomer

Don't worry, there are plenty of people here that have conceived ideas about the quality or content based on, oh... the last 5 albums?

Did I say I was worried or that I cared what others posted here? Do your thing GLS, and I'll do mine.

Date: November 21, 2015 20:10

KRiffhard
MisterDDDD
treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman
35love
latebloomer

thumbs up

thumbs up thumbs up

................ thumbs down ...only to break the monotony!

Now it's like a Christmas Tree.

May Christmas bring us a new stones album.

Date: November 21, 2015 21:26

latebloomer
GasLightStreet
latebloomer

Did I say I was worried or that I cared what others posted here? Do your thing GLS, and I'll do mine.

No. And you missed the joke.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: November 21, 2015 21:33

GasLightStreet
latebloomer
GasLightStreet
latebloomer

No. And you missed the joke.

Before I read back through the posts I thought you were talking about "Doom and Gloom", like you had finally uncovered something clever about it... an inside joke or something.

Date: November 21, 2015 21:42

No, ha ha, the joke was that latebloomer didn't have "any preconcieved ideas about the quality or content" and I said that's not an issue, there are plenty of conceived ideas around.

Date: November 21, 2015 22:12

GasLightStreet
No, ha ha, the joke was that latebloomer didn't have "any preconcieved ideas about the quality or content" and I said that's not an issue, there are plenty of conceived ideas around.

I get it now, GLS...sorry, it obviously hit me the wrong way. cool smiley

Date: November 22, 2015 01:26

latebloomer
GasLightStreet

Don't you feel bad now that you bashed him LB?

I wouldn't, skippy deserves it. If not for this, surely something else.

Date: November 22, 2015 01:36

treaclefingers

Please wait till after Thanksgiving to start with the Christmas stuff treacle..tongue sticking out smiley

Date: November 22, 2015 01:38

Naturalust
treaclefingers

Please wait till after Thanksgiving to start with the Christmas stuff treacle..tongue sticking out smiley

It is after Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving was like, 6 weeks ago.

Date: November 22, 2015 01:41

treaclefingers
Naturalust
treaclefingers

I forgot your a Canadian...you're just rubbing in one of the few things you guys can claim to lead us in. Ha!...... Oh crap, I probably shouldn't start this us vs them stuff, I forgot that can get a but sticky around here.

Date: November 22, 2015 01:43

Naturalust
treaclefingers
Naturalust
treaclefingers

I forgot your a Canadian...you're just rubbing in one of the few things you guys can claim to lead us in. Ha!...... Oh crap, I probably shouldn't start this us vs them stuff, I forgot that can get a but sticky around here.

So true, you guys also have a higher debt per capita.

You guys are always in front!

...oh, and forgot, higher murder rate!

You guys are cool!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-22 01:44 by treaclefingers.

Date: November 22, 2015 01:45

treaclefingers
latebloomer
GasLightStreet

We all deserve it for something Treacles, but yes...I did feel a bit guilty for a moment, but it passed quickly. grinning smiley

Date: November 22, 2015 01:47

latebloomer
treaclefingers
latebloomer
GasLightStreet

We all deserve it for something Treacles, but yes...I did feel a bit guilty for a moment, but it passed quickly. grinning smiley

So true...every once in a while it's good to just get bashed to keep one's own humility in check.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 10 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1944
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home