Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

LIVE ALBUM TALK: Live In England '65 (With lossless vinyl album rip)
Date: November 12, 2015 13:33

LIVE IN ENGLAND '65

(Live EP included on the Charlie Is My Darling box set, but a separate live release digitally)

LOSSLESS VINYL ALBUM RIP:

[www.youtube.com]

Everybody Needs Somebody to Love London, Liverpool or Manchester, March 5-7, 1965 (previously released)*
Pain in My Heart London, Liverpool or Manchester, March 5-7, 1965 2nd live vers**
Down the Road Apiece London, Liverpool or Manchester, March 5-7, 1965 1st live vers.
Time Is on Our Side London, Liverpool or Manchester, March 5-7, 1965 3rd live vers.
I'm Alright London, Liverpool or Manchester, March 5-7, 1965 3rd live vers***
Off the Hook London, Liverpool or Manchester, March 5-7, 1965 1st live vers.
Little Red Rooster London, Liverpool or Manchester, March 5-7, 1965 2nd live vers.
Route 66 London, Liverpool or Manchester, March 5-7, 1965 2nd live vers.****
I'm Moving On London, Liverpool or Manchester, March 5-7, 1965 2nd live vers.****
The Last Time London, Liverpool or Manchester, March 5-7, 1965 3rd live vers.
Everybody Needs Somebody to Love (finale) London, Liverpool or Manchester, March 5-7, 1965 3rd live vers.(*indistinguishable from performance released on 1965 U.K. Got Live If You Want It! EP)
(**different performance from performance released on 1965 U.K. Got Live If You Want It! EP)
(***different, much shorter performance than performance released on 1965 U.K. Got Live If You Want It! EP and 1965 U.S. Out of Our Heads LP)
(****different performance than performance released on 1965 U.K. Got Live If You Want It! EP and 1965 U.S. December's Children LP)

What are your thoughts on this album?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-12 13:41 by DandelionPowderman.

Re: LIVE ALBUM TALK: Live In England '65 (With lossless vinyl album rip)
Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: November 12, 2015 13:42

Digital download also available:
[www.abkco.com]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: November 12, 2015 13:43

I added that, thanks smiling smiley

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: November 12, 2015 14:00

Ace release but the tracks have been messed with and the audience looped.

Some of the tracks you say are different to previously released versions technically are, but mostly aren't. Ie, they contain most or part of those previously released recordings, but have a different verse etc.

ENSBTL has been time stretched for some odd reason.

Date: November 12, 2015 14:10

His Majesty
Ace release but the tracks have been messed with and the audience looped.

Some of the tracks you say are different to previously released versions technically are, but mostly aren't. Ie, they contain most or part of those previously released recordings, but have a different verse etc.

ENSBTL has been time stretched for some odd reason.

Which songs are we talking about here? Pain In My Heart, I'm Alright and I'm Moving On?

– Keith's guitar is more out of tune on the other version of Pain In My Heart. The audience is looped on the stops on LIE 65.
– I'm Moving On doesn't sound the same to me. Mick's vocals is a little lower in the mix on the second verse, but Brian's playing isn't quite the same throughout?
– I'm Alright has different vocals?

Route 66, Time Is On My Side and The Last Time sound like totally different versions to me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-12 14:10 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: November 12, 2015 14:26

HD digital download is also available : [www.qobuz.com]
Presumably the original source for the vinyl.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: November 12, 2015 14:32

The digital download came with a front cover, I made my own inner and back covers.

...and a label.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-26 12:52 by Deltics.

Posted by: ash ()
Date: November 12, 2015 14:56

I'm Moving On is a very different version.
I am getting more convinced by the hour that the EP version is a re-tooled studio cut. Doesn't make it any less brilliant but if that is the case I'd love to hear it without the audience. Could it possibly have been one of the 3 old blues numbers recorded at the The Last Time session as noted by Bill ??
Anyway, this live album is fab. I'd love to know what was recorded and where exactly.
What a shame ABKCO seem to get clearance to release this but no studio out-take retrospectives.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 12, 2015 17:01

Deltics thank you for the artwork. I will add that to my HD download. Nice touch on the CD label using the red Deccasmiling smiley

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 12, 2015 19:53

The best Stones LP release since Tattoo You.

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: November 12, 2015 19:54

I was finally able to find a used CIMD lim. ed. box at a reasonable price ($45) at a local store. It is good to finally have the live album. I enjoy it, but it is not all that different from Got Live If You Want It, just maybe better mix, fewer overdubs and slightly less screechy crowd noise.

I noticed it is priced at $385 (new) on Amazon!!

Date: November 13, 2015 15:41

Tate
I was finally able to find a used CIMD lim. ed. box at a reasonable price ($45) at a local store. It is good to finally have the live album. I enjoy it, but it is not all that different from Got Live If You Want It, just maybe better mix, fewer overdubs and slightly less screechy crowd noise.

I noticed it is priced at $385 (new) on Amazon!!

The setlist is very different.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: November 13, 2015 15:59

Well, are there many Live-albums left from the sixties? I thought for a short moment 'Got Live if you want it' was the only one excisting...

2 1 2 0

Date: November 13, 2015 16:01

Come On
Well, are there many Live-albums left from the sixties? I thought for a short moment 'Got Live if you want it' was the only one excisting...

That's the next one smiling smiley

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: November 13, 2015 17:24

The band on top. Rude and ingenious Rhythm'n Blues. There is a great momentum in these performances. Okay, some out of tune guitar parts on Pain in My Heart. But what the hey? Great authentic music of a young band. If I had to opt for: three hours Live Licks and Flaspoint or 35 minutes Live in England 65 I would opt for the latter. Again and again.

Date: November 13, 2015 17:53

me too.

Date: November 14, 2015 00:40

ash
I'm Moving On is a very different version.

It is and it isn't. The majority of it is one and the same as the EP.

Date: November 14, 2015 11:15

i'll check again - might have been influenced by wine !

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: November 14, 2015 20:23

Cool little time record, nice hearing them back in the day. Haven't listen to this in a while I think I'll give it a spin tonight.

Date: November 15, 2015 02:15

ash

I think this is far more fudged with than the 60's releases.

Easier to do now, they possibly, for example, flew in a guitar part here and there etc from other live recordings of same period. I noticed on some tracks the guitar tone changes all of a sudden/a solo will have an oddly toned sound compared to the tones before and after.

Audience is looped in varying ways through the whole release. A certain distinctive repeated scream gives it away and grates on my ears. I wish I'd never noticed it hehe. grinning smiley

Still, it's an ace release that still rings true when compared to bootlegs from the same era. Nothing is tidier or better played as such than recordings we know for sure are 100% raw live recordings. The realities of recording a stones gig 100% purely at the time might just have proven too raucous and wild to deal with.

That damn repeated scream though... angry smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-15 02:18 by His Majesty.

Date: November 15, 2015 03:45

His Majesty
ash

Easier to do now, they possibly, for example, flew in a guitar part here and there etc from other live recordings of same period. I noticed on some tracks the guitar tone changes all of a sudden/a solo will have an oddly toned sound compared to the tones before and after.

Audience is looped in varying ways through the whole release. A certain distinctive repeated scream gives it away and grates on my ears. I wish I'd never noticed it hehe. grinning smiley

Still, it's an ace release that still rings true when compared to bootlegs from the same era. Nothing is tidier or better played as such than recordings we know for sure are 100% raw live recordings. The realities of recording a stones gig 100% purely at the time might just have proven too raucous and wild to deal with.

That's so funny, when I was listening to it i started thinking after a few plays that the screams were repeating. The harder I listened the more it hurt my brain but i kept thinking the screams were looped or something.
Whatever conclusion we come to re I'm Moving On, it's great. I'm gonna go at it monday. nearly finished listening to the new big box of bob.
certainly the mixes of the two IMO are very different. The reverb on the ep seems too studio. is there a window after the tour when they could have spent a day touching up the recordings ?

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 15, 2015 04:12

frankotero
Deltics thank you for the artwork. I will add that to my HD download. Nice touch on the CD label using the red Deccasmiling smiley

No kidding...That is some impressive work Deltics, nice job!

Date: November 15, 2015 12:55

ash
His Majesty
ash

That's so funny, when I was listening to it i started thinking after a few plays that the screams were repeating. The harder I listened the more it hurt my brain but i kept thinking the screams were looped or something.
Whatever conclusion we come to re I'm Moving On, it's great. I'm gonna go at it monday. nearly finished listening to the new big box of bob.
certainly the mixes of the two IMO are very different. The reverb on the ep seems too studio. is there a window after the tour when they could have spent a day touching up the recordings ?

One way of lessening the screaming, if listening on a phone or such, is to switch the mono on.

Possible Glyn was left to it himself.

I'm sure they did actually record these concerts.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: November 15, 2015 14:29

Thanks all for pointing me in the download direction and awesome artwork there, Deltics. This will get me through the holidays nicely! smiling smiley

Date: November 15, 2015 15:45

His Majesty
ash
His Majesty
ash

One way of lessening the screaming, if listening on a phone or such, is to switch the mono on.

Possible Glyn was left to it himself.

I'm sure they did actually record these concerts.

yeah i've been running it through izotope rx4, extracting centre and sides etc..., switching phase,mono etc. to see what happens. managed to reduce the screams somewhat.
I've no doubt the concerts were recorded by Glyn but it must have been pretty tricky and possibly they needed to do repairs for both technical and musical reasons. Live pop/rock recordings are very rarely 100% live. Fab 4 Hollywood Bowl is but comes from 3 concerts. Generally they involve jiggery pokery of one sort or another.
I do need to sit down again and have a really good listen to these tour recordings. It's my fave Stones era (63 to 68) so it's all fun.

haven't had time this weekend but will keep listening this week.
nearly finished the big bob box.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: November 15, 2015 17:15

I have Around & Around w/ mine ... I can't completely remember why, wasn't there a bonus web download or something like that?

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: November 19, 2015 20:58

IMHO - thi sone is the best release of the early live Stones material. And I do not want to start b*itching about sound quality, versions etc. I take it as it is.

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: November 20, 2015 12:06

It's fabulous, an excellent release, and one of their finest live documents.

Date: November 20, 2015 12:16

ironbelly
IMHO - thi sone is the best release of the early live Stones material. And I do not want to start b*itching about sound quality, versions etc. I take it as it is.

The sound quality here is pretty good, I'd say?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1836
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home