Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 6 of 9
Re: Exile on Main St. - New LP edition remastered at Abbey Road
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 8, 2016 07:25

treaclefingers
ok...the deed is done. one left i think.

EDIT...showing it's sold out now...i think i grabbed the last copy!

I've been on the fence about this as the $49 was a bit out of range for me, but was still trying to justify hitting the purchase button.
I guess I can thank you for getting the last one - now I don't have to worry about it! smileys with beer

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 8, 2016 08:55

Hairball
treaclefingers
ok...the deed is done. one left i think.

EDIT...showing it's sold out now...i think i grabbed the last copy!

I've been on the fence about this as the $49 was a bit out of range for me, but was still trying to justify hitting the purchase button.
I guess I can thank you for getting the last one - now I don't have to worry about it! smileys with beer

i know what you mean...i'd forgotten about it since reading this thread yesterday, and when i checked today noticed only two left. it was like divine intervention, so i pulled the trigger only to find they sold out, so someone else pushed the button close to the same time i did.

ah well, something else for the shelf. maybe i'll open a stones museum.

Posted by: electricmud ()
Date: June 9, 2016 00:01

whitem8
It looks like this site has copies:

[shop.musicvaultz.com]

I got an email from universalmusic, where I ordered a copy a long while ago saying they were still waiting on stock. So I don't think they are getting it either. Lets see if musicvaultz really has it in stock.

Ordered a copy from this site. Thank you so much, whitem8. Well I didn't get any confirmation Email till now.

Tom

Date: June 9, 2016 02:29

OK, I guess this wasn't to be a limited edition or anything, but I just went to the site and it said, "Order Now, more coming" or something like that.

It's limited to the number of copies that are ordered.

Date: June 9, 2016 02:55

Buy Now: More stock coming soon
Exclusive Pressing

Back on the fence I go...smiling smiley...it's like an unlimited edition print...maybe nice but a bit overpriced... eye rolling smiley...hmmm I dunno...moody smiley

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: June 9, 2016 04:16

Sitting on a Fence? Well if you have the Sheckles do it. You won't regret it. This is a high quality release akin to a good Artisan pressing. Pretty flawless pressing. A few pops on mine at the intro for Let it Loose, but it sounds great. It is a louder pressing, but with absolutely no distortion or warble. And a very detailed pressing, I have heard a lot of great shit on this. I have written before about the horns on this, but funnily enough last night the taborine on Happy blew me away.

It is off the Abbey Road site, so if this link gets more go for it.

An interesting note, Disraeli Gears wasn't available last week, however, it is now.

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: June 10, 2016 19:09

Just got it..Thank You whitem8....& only 50 canada dollars w/ free shipping Thank You Much

Date: June 12, 2016 16:48

No problem, mine arrived yesterday as well. We gotta help each other when we can!

So folks, what are your thoughts?

Rockman, have yours arrived yet?

I have really been digging this pressing.

Posted by: deardoctortake1 ()
Date: June 16, 2016 20:31

Got mine today. Nice packaging.

Sounds good but the same. I don't hear any difference from the multitude of other releases.

I wish i did.

Date: June 17, 2016 07:51

got this, the keith album, and totally stripped all on vinyl this week (as well as totally stripped super deluxe)....been too busy to open anything. it will be a fun weekend!

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: June 17, 2016 13:11

deardoctortake1

Sounds good but the same. I don't hear any difference from the multitude of other releases.

I wish i did.

What is your gear ?

I listened to it again yesterday and it is brilliant. All details are hear. A perfect separation of all instruments. You can clearly hear each member work.
Tonight I will do again a listening of it and the COC USA edition which seems better. But I could change my mind.

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: electricmud ()
Date: June 17, 2016 15:04

toomuchforme
deardoctortake1

I wish i did.

What is your gear ?

I listened to it again yesterday and it is brilliant. All details are hear. A perfect separation of all instruments. You can clearly hear each member work.
Tonight I will do again a listening of it and the COC USA edition which seems better. But I could change my mind.

That were my thoughts too. You need a Musical ear and a decent Hifi setting. Great improvement. Compared to the German and US first Vinyl pressing. The US Vinyl has more Bass frequencies , is fun to listen , but in the sense of Hifi Sound quality it can't reach the quality of this new release. So many details i never heard before . The sound stage is wider, open and deeper , but without loosing its power and muddy character.
So I don,t owe a Japanese pressing or the Japanese sacd which should be great. But this one is one reference recording for sure ( Well at least to my subjektive ears ).
Thanks again for bringing up the link whitem8. From Canada to Germany in 10 days for 66 € incl shipping is a perfect Deal, if you know the price of all these Master recordings ...
Get it if you can, the records are pressed perfectly.thumbs up

Tom

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-17 15:42 by electricmud.

Posted by: deardoctortake1 ()
Date: June 17, 2016 15:19

Granted my sound system is old and not great , a pioneer system from 1977. But I listened with headphones with the digital download as well. Will play the CD in the car later.

Yes it's well separated and crisp and you can hear everything . But, so many have said they hear things for the first time. I just don't hear anything new

It could very well be the best of all releases, but I was hoping to be blown away. Maybe later something will stand out to me. Enjoying it regardless.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: June 17, 2016 21:49

Running now on LP 12

New edition
COC
ESS japan Mint LP
European
New edition again

All down the line each time.

This Half speed master is a MUST !

It is obvious when push the volume just a bit. I was on -40 DB and it was already better. Then if you try a - 30 DB on your amp, the rich sound comes to your ears.
A total success. So now I hope the same job done on other vinyls and we will have at last a perfect collection.
I cannot imagine the sound on a LP 12 with Keel and Ekos arm... smiling bouncing smiley (mine does not have them)

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Date: June 18, 2016 18:08

If you are going into this thinking you are going to hear things you have never heard before, well you would be right! I mean it is subtle at times, but for those of you who have really good systems and a good ear you will hear some great sonic improvements. First and foremost, you get more details with the instruments, especially, the horns and Keith's rhythm. Also Charlie's drumming is far more sharp with some great clarity on the symbols. The half-speed master process has really brought out a lot of the finer details that were either muddy or burried in the mix as high frequencies. It is also very well pressed, with very few flaws at all. I have a slight crackle at the intro for Let it Loose, but other than that pristine!

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: June 24, 2016 03:32

Apparently the half speed mastered edition will be available on amazon too :

[www.amazon.co.uk]

[www.amazon.fr]

Date: June 24, 2016 04:22

kowalski

[www.amazon.co.uk]

[www.amazon.fr]

Also available for pre-order in the US:

[www.amazon.com]

That UK link has it priced at £95.55 which must be a mistake.
The France link has it at EUR 41,96 which makes a bit more sense.
The US price is listed at a steep $69.99, but I suspect the prices on these will eventually drop to something more reasonable.
Still holding out on this one...

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: June 24, 2016 16:57

Got mine yesterday. Also from: shop.musicvaultz.com
So it's not completely sold out apparently.

Date: June 24, 2016 19:44

Hairball
kowalski

[www.amazon.co.uk]

[www.amazon.fr]

Also available for pre-order in the US:

[www.amazon.com]

The US price is listed at a steep $69.99, but I suspect the prices on these will eventually drop to something more reasonable.
Still holding out on this one...

I see the 'limited' nature of this release has been upgraded to UNlimited!

I think the UK price is correct actually, factoring in where the GBP will be by the time of this release.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-24 19:45 by treaclefingers.

Posted by: forest73 ()
Date: June 27, 2016 00:04

I have one copie to sell

Send mail gerard.unvoas@wanadoo.fr

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: June 27, 2016 01:22

Overall how does it compare with the Japanese sacd or the bluray audio disc? I scored a really good vinyl first pressing about 6 months ago too. I'm on the fence if I should buy it again lol

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 27, 2016 01:49

Just buy it Baslets ... too much of that fence will crease your butt

ROCKMAN

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: June 29, 2016 16:04

even though they have NOT sent it to me UMV has charged my card...wtf ??
Whitem8 have they done this to you ??
I would email but your email is hidden....

Posted by: Zagalo ()
Date: June 29, 2016 22:14

A few shops (& online) in the UK now have it for sale at £30-£33...released 4th July

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 29, 2016 22:45

Hairball

[www.jpc.de] says EUR 49.99 ....

Date: June 30, 2016 06:45

yes they did. I canceled the order and they refunded. I still am not sure about this being released. It still cannot be found on the Abbey road website. Maybe, it will, but it won't be the first pressing.

Date: June 30, 2016 07:07

whitem8
yes they did. I canceled the order and they refunded. I still am not sure about this being released. It still cannot be found on the Abbey road website. Maybe, it will, but it won't be the first pressing.

It was released on June 24th, and is available right now on Amazon US ready to be shipped:

Exile on Main Street: Half Speed Mastering Import
Vinyl (June 24, 2016)

"HALF-SPEED MASTER : (2LP) 2016 reissue of 1972 album, mastered at Abbey Road Studios from the original tapes & pressed on 180-gram audiophile quality vinyl! Includes 'Tumbling Dice' & 'Happy'.

The price has jumped to $74 via Amazon, but there's also $56.13 + 3.99 shipping via Amazon marketplace here:

Exile on Main Street: Half Speed Mastering

Still holding out on this - might eventually purchase if there's a massive price drop.

Date: June 30, 2016 07:40

But it isn't Amazon, it is third party sellers on amazon. I think these are first printings that were finally delivered. . . just a hypothesis.

Date: June 30, 2016 07:52

I linked the third part sellers for the $56.13 price reference.
Here it is on Amazon proper for $74 which has all the detailed info. I posted above.

Exile on Main Street: Half Speed Mastering Import

As of this minute, it says "Only 2 left in stock (more on the way)".
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-30 07:59 by Hairball.

Date: June 30, 2016 10:05

deardoctortake1
Granted my sound system is old and not great , a pioneer system from 1977. But I listened with headphones with the digital download as well. Will play the CD in the car later.

Yes it's well separated and crisp and you can hear everything . But, so many have said they hear things for the first time. I just don't hear anything new

It could very well be the best of all releases, but I was hoping to be blown away. Maybe later something will stand out to me. Enjoying it regardless.

Listen to the Rocks Off intro. A third guitar appears (centre) that I hadn't heard before. That guitar has the same out of phase sound as Taylor's outro solo.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 6 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1829
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home