Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mojo 60's - Brian Jones on the cover
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 16, 2015 21:17

PLEASE JOIN US IN WELCOMING the latest edition of MOJO ’60s, the MOJO brand’s sister magazine that’s hopelessly devoted to the decade that had everything. The 132-page deluxe publication returns to UK newsstands from Tuesday (October 20).

Volume 4 features Brian Jones on the cover, flagging an in-depth exploration of the dark life of the Rolling Stones’ tragic founder. Other highlights include two high-quality, matt art prints featuring Pink Floyd and The Who, and our proprietary Pin-Ups! section which returns with glorious shots of James Brown, Captain Beefheart, The Standells, Vashti Bunyan, The Yardbirds and more.

Plus! Enjoy the making of The Small Faces’ psych classic Ogden’s Nut Gone Flake, unseen Beatles pictures, features on Otis Redding, Deep Purple, Miles Davis, Fred Neil and Island Records and new interviews with David Crosby, The Who, PP Arnold, The Zombies and Johnny Marr – who picks his favourite records from the decade.

Take the tour through MOJO ’60s, Volume 4, below, then nip out and grab your copy from Tuesday… or order it online right now!

[www.mojo4music.com]

Re: Mojo 60's - Brian Jones on the cover
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 16, 2015 21:18

mmmmmmmmmm 28 page special on Brian ...nice

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 16, 2015 21:23

Rockman

It seems to me that the articles on this special edition are reprints from those 60's articles, but there's also a new interview with David Crosby about Altamont, which might be of interest for swiss.

Date: October 16, 2015 21:27

thumbs up

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: October 16, 2015 22:09

It's amazing how these magazines manage to regurgitate the same bands (Beatles, Stones, Who, Bowie, Floyd, Zep and about five others) over and over again. It's amazing how they manage to write interesting things all the same. smiling smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 16, 2015 22:58

"The horror of Altmaont"?

Yum! grinning smiley

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: October 17, 2015 01:29

Cristiano Radtke
Rockman

It seems to me that the articles on this special edition are reprints from those 60's articles, but there's also a new interview with David Crosby about Altamont, which might be of interest for swiss.

Awesome! Thanks so much for the heads-up, Cristiano.

In the midst of crushing deadlines -- sounds pretty dramatic, LOL, but true and pretty exciting -- pertaining to the night before Altamont and other stuff. Will look forward to tuning back into the "main event" in mid-November or mid-December, and seeing what The Cros has to say this time! He's a California boy, mostly So Cal, but spent notable time up here in San Francisco and Marin. I'm looking forward---down the road in '16 or '17---to interviewing him!

thanks again, C smiling smiley
-swiss

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 3, 2015 22:25

Great magazine and Brian Jones special. Love it!

Bjornulf

Posted by: BamaStone ()
Date: November 3, 2015 23:42

WOW, I have to get this but it won't hit the US mag stands for a about a few weeks later.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: November 4, 2015 00:30

The Brian special is a rehash of the long mojo article on him from July 1999.

The cover photo is the best thing about it... Sadly there are no more photos from that ace Courtfield Road/Gered Mankowitz photo session inside.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 4, 2015 06:36

His Majesty

The cover photo is the best thing about it... Sadly there are no more photos from that ace Courtfield Road/Gered Mankowitz photo session inside.

Actually that's good to hear. I always thought that was a fantastic story and remember reading it at the Virgin Megastore on Sunset Boulevard in L.A. God I miss having a place to go and see all the new products out and pouring over magazines.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 4, 2015 07:51

classic photo

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: November 4, 2015 09:12

This is what I call sideburns...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: November 4, 2015 09:28

24FPS
His Majesty

Actually that's good to hear. I always thought that was a fantastic story and remember reading it at the Virgin Megastore on Sunset Boulevard in L.A. God I miss having a place to go and see all the new products out and pouring over magazines.

I suppose, I was disappointed when I began reading it in the shop. More from the Mankowitz shoot would have eased it.

Expectations, eh!?

Posted by: swaymusik ()
Date: November 4, 2015 12:55

nice
thumbs up

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: November 4, 2015 14:01

LieB
It's amazing how these magazines manage to regurgitate the same bands (Beatles, Stones, Who, Bowie, Floyd, Zep and about five others) over and over again. It's amazing how they manage to write interesting things all the same. smiling smiley

Yes I quite agree, the sales figures must be ok presumably.
I always check it out, thumb through it at the supermarket, nobody bothers you.
Occasionally purchase. Always annoying though when some editions are wrapped in cellaphane and you cannot have a quick read. Damn!

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: November 4, 2015 16:54

Well I just might have to purchase that. Always like it when a magazine these days has a cover/focus on Brian Jones (a rarity).

Posted by: JamesPhelge00 ()
Date: November 5, 2015 02:25

nightskyman
Well I just might have to purchase that. Always like it when a magazine these days has a cover/focus on Brian Jones (a rarity).

They did a several page spread on Brian Jones only last year Can't see that there can be anything new to tell that we don't already know. I did an interview for it

Probably a rehash of PaulTrynka's stuff

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 5, 2015 02:33

I must admit I stopped buying those Mojo and Uncut magazines years ago. I guess my demand for nostalgia was satiated by then...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 5, 2015 02:40

Stoneage
I must admit I stopped buying those Mojo and Uncut magazines years ago. I guess my demand for nostalgia was satiated by then...

For me, it just became harder and harder justifying spending $20+ on a magazine every month. I mean, they're nice but not that nice.

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: November 5, 2015 04:14

Yeah, plus there's always this free blog with plenty of info on Brian.smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-05 04:15 by nightskyman.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1780
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home