Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456789Next
Current Page: 1 of 9
IORR smalltalk - IORR policy and more
Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: October 9, 2015 23:10

I wish more people posted on iorr

Its getting very thin on the ground here. Just the same 10 or 15 people posting

It would be so much more fun with different people joining in don't you think

I don't mean morons like me, i mean more people like yourselves

I just wonder why more people don't post or start threads

Also i wonder what brings some of you to iorr, and why do you think we are here

Its not just about information, its a whole lot more than that would you say

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-13 20:34 by bv.

Re: I wish more people posted on iorr
Posted by: johnh ()
Date: October 9, 2015 23:44

I wonder if it's maybe because of the negativity and put downs... I'm on a few forums and this one can get quite heavy at times if your opinion is in any way negative towards the band.... it puts me off getting involved in some discussions.
john

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: October 10, 2015 00:10

This forum has been negative for years.

I think it's because there's nothing going on with the Stones right now.

Also, a lot of long-time posters (mostly female) were banned over the past few months.

We should bring them back!

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: October 10, 2015 00:15

Hey, keefriffhards, you're not a moron. We are all the same here. I post stuff that interests me and if you can dig it, cool. If not, disagree with me. I comment, good or bad, on other peoples sh*t. I criticize the Stones, whomever, musically, whatever. If you gotta comment re what I post, negative/positive, let it rip. It's how we learn and understand. I know this is a blog about the Stones, but as we have discovered, there is such a wide range of interests among us that you never know what will tickle someone's fancy and bring a slew of comments. Take my post on the late Chef Paul Prudhomme. I figured there were a few Cajun/Creole aficianados out there in IORR land and they might wanna know, comment, whatever, but I was surprised about the number of folks whom checked the topic out. Re the basic thought of your post, yeah, more folks should post, so...c'mon folks, bring on them thoughts, feelings, ideas on, etc. We're all wearing our big boy/big girl pants here. We can take it.

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: October 10, 2015 00:15

What do you mean by 'we', Turner68?

Olly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-10 00:18 by Olly.

Date: October 10, 2015 00:16

johnh
I wonder if it's maybe because of the negativity and put downs... I'm on a few forums and this one can get quite heavy at times if your opinion is in any way negative towards the band.... it puts me off getting involved in some discussions.
john

Hi John i'm a John too. when i came on here they called me fan boy, now i get told off for saying the slightest negative thing about the band. That's ok i understand that rumours arise but to be told you cant mention Keith Richards of all people drinking in interviews is just paranoia. He just had Vodka and Sunkist in the latest Rolling stone interview, its hardly a secret. without naming names some people on here are really obnoxious and horrible to new posters for no good reason, they like a closed shop

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: October 10, 2015 00:22

Olly
What do you mean by 'we', Turner68?

You and me, Olly. Everyone else is away for the weekend.

I usually wear big girl pants, the boys pants tend to sag on me.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: October 10, 2015 00:24

Maybe some people think...

....I'll post something of interest to me and see if anyone else is interested....

then when their posts have a lack of interest time after time, they go elsewhere

...almost like saying, "OK I get it, I'm not appreciated around here".

Maybe nobody thinks like that? I'm just saying......

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: October 10, 2015 00:26

keefriffhards
I just wonder why more people don't post or start threads

After 50+ years what's left to say, really? Aside from that, relentless criticism and negativity concerning whatever is said is another reason why I don't post more.

Posted by: CloudCat ()
Date: October 10, 2015 00:27

keefriffhards
That's ok i understand that rumours arise but to be told you cant mention Keith Richards of all people drinking in interviews is just paranoia. He just had Vodka and Sunkist in the latest Rolling stone interview, its hardly a secret. without naming names some people on here are really obnoxious and horrible to new posters for no good reason, they like a closed shop

ahem....
that's not what I wrote

of course keith richards drinks, and probably wherever and whenever and whatever he wants

the issue was about why there are currently no tours scheduled behind crosseyed heart and speculating about underlying causes of that

never meant to be horrible and obnoxious to you - just wrote what i did to clarify a point

we can drink to that, right?

Date: October 10, 2015 00:28

BluzDude

....I'll post something of interest to me and see if anyone else is interested....

then when their posts have a lack of interest time after time, they go elsewhere

You are so on it there mate. 100 percent correct

Date: October 10, 2015 00:30

My posts often land with a thud, Bluz. But it's okay...if only a few people appreciate it, then that's cool with me. I always try to take the time to add a comment to a post that I like, because I do want the OP to know that someone appreciates the effort.

Date: October 10, 2015 00:30

keefriffhards
BluzDude

You are so on it there mate. 100 percent correct

smileys with beer

Date: October 10, 2015 00:31

CloudCat
keefriffhards
That's ok i understand that rumours arise but to be told you cant mention Keith Richards of all people drinking in interviews is just paranoia. He just had Vodka and Sunkist in the latest Rolling stone interview, its hardly a secret. without naming names some people on here are really obnoxious and horrible to new posters for no good reason, they like a closed shop

ahem....
that's not what I wrote

of course keith richards drinks, and probably wherever and whenever and whatever he wants

the issue was about why there are currently no tours scheduled behind crosseyed heart and speculating about underlying causes of that

never meant to be horrible and obnoxious to you - just wrote what i did to clarify a point

we can drink to that, right?

Cloudcat i was not even thinking of you, your a nice guy, you just got caught up in something that was not about you at all . sorry for any confusion , your cool with me , yes we can drink to that smileys with beer

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 10, 2015 00:32

Wish more people would post each other ... that'd be way kinkier

ROCKMAN

Date: October 10, 2015 00:32

latebloomer
My posts often land with a thud, Bluz. But it's okay...if only a few people appreciate it, then that's cool with me. I always try to take the time to add a comment to a post that I like, because I do want the OP to know that someone appreciates the effort.

I'm with you on this thumbs up

Date: October 10, 2015 00:34

Rockman
Wish more people would post each other ... that'd be way kinkier

Oh Rockeeeee! do you really want to go there? You might just get what you wished for grinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smiley

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 10, 2015 00:34

keefriffhards
Hi John i'm a John too. when i came on here they called me fan boy, now i get told off for saying
the slightest negative thing about the band. That's ok i understand that rumours arise but to be told
you cant mention Keith Richards of all people drinking in interviews is just paranoia.

She smiled sweetly: No one told you you shouldn't mention Keith drinking during interviews, dear -
what you wrote in that other thread implied strongly that Keith drinking heavily post-Indianapolis is the reason
he isn't touring behind CrossEyed Heart. Which isn't a thoughtful thing to post, and I pointed that out. Courteously.
No one stopped you from saying it, and no one stopped you from getting all in a bunch about it,
and no one's stopped you from complaining about it here in a whole new thread. You're free to express yourself, see?!

So you can learn to be a little more accepting when other people (like me) view things differently than you.

To post on these boards you gotta be tough tough tough tough tough tough tough! :E

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-10 00:41 by with sssoul.

Date: October 10, 2015 00:35

Turner68
This forum has been negative for years.

I think it's because there's nothing going on with the Stones right now.

Also, a lot of long-time posters (mostly female) were banned over the past few months.

We should bring them back!

yes turner i'm all for more girls and ladies on here, i will drink to that too smileys with beer

Date: October 10, 2015 00:37

with sssoul
keefriffhards
Hi John i'm a John too. when i came on here they called me fan boy, now i get told off for saying
the slightest negative thing about the band. That's ok i understand that rumours arise but to be told
you cant mention Keith Richards of all people drinking in interviews is just paranoia.

She smiled sweetly: No one told you you shouldn't mention Keith drinking during interviews, dear -
what you wrote in that other thread implied strongly that Keith drinking heavily post-Indianapolis is the reason
he isn't touring behind CrossEyed Heart. Which isn't a thoughtful thing to post, and I pointed that out. Courteously.
No one stopped you from saying it, and no one stopped you from getting all in a bunch about it,
and no one's stopped you from complaining about it in a whole new thread. You're free to express yourself, see?!

So you can learn to be a little more accepting when other people (like me) view things differently than you.

To post on these boards you gotta be tough tough tough tough tough tough tough! :E

Well i think you had it in for me from the word go. you twisted my words around to get me banned. you are always trying to trip me up, but im tough tough tough tough

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 10, 2015 00:39

LoFL! Yes, that's me, the symbol of wickedness and evil

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-10 00:42 by with sssoul.

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: October 10, 2015 00:39

dmay
Hey, keefriffhards, you're not a moron. We are all the same here. I post stuff that interests me and if you can dig it, cool. If not, disagree with me. I comment, good or bad, on other peoples sh*t. I criticize the Stones, whomever, musically, whatever. If you gotta comment re what I post, negative/positive, let it rip. It's how we learn and understand. I know this is a blog about the Stones, but as we have discovered, there is such a wide range of interests among us that you never know what will tickle someone's fancy and bring a slew of comments. Take my post on the late Chef Paul Prudhomme. I figured there were a few Cajun/Creole aficianados out there in IORR land and they might wanna know, comment, whatever, but I was surprised about the number of folks whom checked the topic out. Re the basic thought of your post, yeah, more folks should post, so...c'mon folks, bring on them thoughts, feelings, ideas on, etc. We're all wearing our big boy/big girl pants here. We can take it.
Yes he is.

Date: October 10, 2015 00:42

keefriffhards
Well i think you had it in for me from the word go. you twisted my words around to get me banned. you are always trying to trip me up, but im tough tough tough tough

Wow! I know managers who treat their employees that way when an employee proves them wrong.

Date: October 10, 2015 00:44

BluzDude
keefriffhards

Wow! I know managers who treat their employees that way when an employee proves them wrong.

I have posted support of Keith Richards about 1750 times in 3 months

If i have it in for keith then i give up on here

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-10 00:46 by keefriffhards.

Date: October 10, 2015 00:45

keefriffhards
BluzDude
keefriffhards

I have posted support of Keith Richards about 1750 times in 3 months

If i have it in for keith then i give up on here

Date: October 10, 2015 00:46

keefriffhards
you are always trying to trip me up, but im tough tough tough tough

i'm sorry but i don't see anyone trying to get you banned...or trying to trip you up
this started with clarifying something that could have led to misinformation

let's just peace out, 'k?

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: October 10, 2015 00:48

This thread is unlikely to inspire more people to post.

Date: October 10, 2015 00:49

Turner68

well i certainly didn't intend it to go this way

Date: October 10, 2015 00:50

keef, simmer down. No one's out to get you...least of all withsssoul.

BILLPERKS....when you gave up the shouting, I thought all was lost...

Date: October 10, 2015 00:50

Turner68

true words, dat

Goto Page: 123456789Next
Current Page: 1 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1555
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home