Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Keiths injuries
Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: October 9, 2015 21:34

Plus Keith has 6 titanium pins to connect the hat back to its skull from his fall in Fiji. So falling over like that is not good for keith, this was in his biography

Here is an article about the seriousness of his fall by his surgeon

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-09 21:47 by keefriffhards.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: October 9, 2015 21:43

A stage injury, as Keith points out, if you are doing hundreds of shows is inevitable. Over the years I've witnessed some beauties and of course there are the famous incidents such as The Edge, Madonna, Prince, Grohl, Axl Rose etc etc, but isn't it amazing that Jagger has never really had a bad fall, when you consider the amount of gigs and conditions he's strutted about in!

Going back to Keith and his claims of a cracked rib...obviously there is no way of knowing whether he did or didn't but it is possible to crack a rib and continue to play gigs, but it would depend which rib you cracked and where it was cracked. Anywhere near the middle ribs and no chance, the pain just from breathing would prevent gigging and certainly you couldn;t hang a heavy electric guitar across it. If it was one of the bottom ribs then you've a chance, but you'd still be in somen pain and again the guitar weight would be quite bad.

Posted by: keithglimmer ()
Date: October 9, 2015 22:29

What kind of a nut would throw something onstage in front of Keith?

In 1981 at the second show in Boulder CO I threw a lit joint at Keiths feet. He laughed at me & a large security guy scolded me ......I was 15 years old & stoned out of my mind on LSD at the time. It seemed vital that I give him that joint as I recall.

Date: October 9, 2015 22:48

keithglimmer
What kind of a nut would throw something onstage in front of Keith?

In 1981 at the second show in Boulder CO I threw a lit joint at Keiths feet. He laughed at me & a large security guy scolded me ......I was 15 years old & stoned out of my mind on LSD at the time. It seemed vital that I give him that joint as I recall.

When i saw keith at the town and country club in 92' the place stank of weed, unbelievable. Keith was coked up to high heaven though, but jezzz he was awesome, the best i have ever seen or heard him. I was completely straight as i had to drive home after lol

Date: October 9, 2015 22:55

At the same gig my brother who is 6 feet 6 and has no sense of rhythm what so ever, was jumping up as every one else was jumping down, totally out of sync with everyone else. Keith was watching my brother as he played and pissed himself laughing at this big dude's head bouncing up and down out of time. Its my brothers claim to fame. lol He made Keith laugh

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-09 22:56 by keefriffhards.

Posted by: Miranda ()
Date: October 10, 2015 10:55

Great story keefriffhards!

Date: October 10, 2015 18:31

Miranda
Great story keefriffhards!

Oh thanks, somebody noticed it lol

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1633
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home