Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 5 of 9
Re: Jack White as Stones Producer
Date: October 7, 2015 11:50

corriecas
marquess
What about T. Bone Burnett?

Yeah, i like his work with John Mellencamp. Would be a nice choice, but i doubt it.
Jeroen

I liked it on Mellencamp's first stripped down record. But it will be too sterile and dull for the Stones, imo.

And let's face it, no producer will get away with placing ONE mic in the middle, and make the Stones play in a circle around it grinning smiley

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: October 7, 2015 11:53

Why not Jack Black then? brilliant actor for us that like to stay age 10, and those adays Stones were Really Great!

2 1 2 0

Date: October 7, 2015 11:54

Come On
Why not Jack Black then? brilliant actor for us that like to stay age 10, and those adays Stones were Really Great!

Why not Black Jack?

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: October 7, 2015 12:02

DandelionPowderman
Come On

Why not Black Jack?

grinning smiley The Condom?...it's already used...winking smiley

Date: October 7, 2015 12:04

Come On
DandelionPowderman
Come On

Why not Black Jack?

grinning smiley The Condom?...it's already used...winking smiley

It will sort of halt the production process, but, well...

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: October 7, 2015 12:18

Jack White of course would be a great choice: a big name, a good artist, a good musician; but from the other hand also a not famous producer would be good for the job. I'm a big fan of Bonnie Raitt and her last albums. I think that Slipstream and Souls Alike are two great albums, two old school albums. The first one was produced by Joe Henry (who also produced something for Allen Toussaint and Elvis Costello); the other one was produced by Tchad Blake who has worked with numerous artists and musicians, including Arctic Monkeys, State Radio, Apartment 26, Elvis Costello, Peter Gabriel, Pearl Jam, Tom Waits, Richard Thompson. So not only Jack White.

This is my opinion: some albums of Jack White (Get Behind Me Satan in particular) are incomplete. I think something is missing. Another important aspect is that he used to record and produce in a short time . This last item could be positive for the Stones. However I would not give the whole production to Jack, I would also contribute to Keith and Mick.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-07 13:53 by pepganzo.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: October 7, 2015 13:14

Fan Since 1964
Well, then if that's so then I would prefer Keith to work on his own.
Don Was hasn't made it for the Stones neither will any other producer Jagger worked with lately do.

Steve Jordan has caught Keith in his prime and made him go back to the roots.
I certainly don't wanna listen to a Stones record that has any influences of Jagger's solos projects, like the disastraous "Super Heavy". It's dull music and doesn't represent the Stones in any way.

It's time to change direction as far as the music is concerned and Keith has shown that on his album "Crosseyed Heart"

I totally agree with you. thumbs up

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: October 7, 2015 16:57

keefriffhards
Fan Since 1964
Don Was hasn't made it for the Stones neither will any other producer Jagger worked with lately do.

I certainly don't wanna listen to a Stones record that has any influences of Jagger's solos projects, like the disastraous "Super Heavy". It's dull music and doesn't represent the Stones in any way.

It's time to change direction as far as the music is concerned and Keith has shown that on his album "Crosseyed Heart"

...me too thumbs up

Date: October 8, 2015 18:00

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: October 8, 2015 20:16

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: October 9, 2015 00:59

Fan Since 1964 you had never been a Stonesfan,only a Keith Richards fan.
Always some bullshit about Jagger,by the way Wandering Spirit is ten times better than any of Keith,s album.The last album by Keith is good,but not better than a good Stonesalbum.
Keith is not the Stones,only one member

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 9, 2015 01:02

KRiffhard
keefriffhards
Fan Since 1964

...me too thumbs up

Count me in. thumbs up

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: October 9, 2015 01:16

No, please, just no!

Date: October 9, 2015 01:20

His Majesty
No, please, just no!

Bring back Andrew!

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: October 9, 2015 01:26

DandelionPowderman
His Majesty
No, please, just no!

Bring back Andrew!

Bring back Glyn. thumbs up

Date: October 9, 2015 01:33

His Majesty
DandelionPowderman
His Majesty
No, please, just no!

Bring back Andrew!

Bring back Glyn. thumbs up

Bring back both. Full circle! Is Hassinger alive and working?

EDIT: Oops, no he is not...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-09 01:34 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: October 9, 2015 17:06

"For years, fans have speculated about whether Jack White will produce the Stones, working the same magic he did with Loretta Lynn and Wanda Jackson. "That's always a possibility," Richards says. "The door is wide open."

Loretta Lynn's 'Van Lear Rose' is a great album. C'mon Keith..JW is the right choice!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-09 17:07 by KRiffhard.

Posted by: swaymusik ()
Date: October 9, 2015 19:46

thumbs down

Jack White as producer...simply ridiculous.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: October 9, 2015 20:43

swaymusik
thumbs down

If Jack White is ridicolous...What about Mr."Antigroove" Was!?!thumbs downthumbs down

Date: October 9, 2015 21:53

swaymusik
thumbs down

JW ridiculous?! And what about Don 'muffled sound'Was?

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: October 9, 2015 22:02

I'd rather see Keith get Charlie, bill, and mick Taylor together to play on his follow up to "cross eyed heart"

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: October 9, 2015 22:24

Turner68
I'd rather see Keith get Charlie, bill, and mick Taylor together to play on his follow up to "cross eyed heart"

Or a full blues album with them.
Anyway, I think that jack White can be a good choice. He is good for Mick who wants a young-fresh and ''alternative'' producer and he is good also for Keith because Jack loves the blues and other great things from the past. Jack white is a meeting point between Mick and Keith in short words. But the Stones had to do the big work, entering in the studio with the right spirit and leaving some standards that have dominated the last two decades.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: October 9, 2015 22:28

Turner68

You're probably not far off from reality there... I think Keith is currently is trying to get Mick JAGGER, Charlie & Ronnie together to record his follow up album. He's just going to credit this one to the Rolling Stones and will probably include Daryl & Chuck if he has to.

I do like your idea though... Actually, I like it a lot. For all of the talk of a "duets album", if your proposed lineup got together and recorded with different vocalists on each song, or even KR on all lead vocal duties, I know I'd buy it regardless of what the band was named.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: October 9, 2015 22:29

...good song, great sound:
[youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-09 22:29 by KRiffhard.

Date: October 9, 2015 22:34

pepganzo
Turner68

Or a full blues album with them.
Anyway, I think that jack White can be a good choice. He is good for Mick who wants a young-fresh and ''alternative'' producer and he is good also for Keith because Jack loves the blues and other great things from the past. Jack white is a meeting point between Mick and Keith in short words. But the Stones had to do the big work, entering in the studio with the right spirit and leaving some standards that have dominated the last two decades.

You're right Pep thumbs up

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: October 10, 2015 01:32

Jack might be a fresh approach for Stones. They are obviously serious about a new album and that in itself is exciting. Besides Loreta Lynne (sp) what else has he produced? Honestly, I Like the Don Was efforts especially Voodo Lounge. But I think a change would be good for the band and Jack might be it.

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: October 10, 2015 09:56

What about Dan Auerbach (Black Keys, Arcs)?
He's produced Dr. John, Ray LaMontagne and Lana del Rey and those albums all sound great.

Date: October 10, 2015 10:32

mr edward
What about Dan Auerbach (Black Keys, Arcs)?
He's produced Dr. John, Ray LaMontagne and Lana del Rey and those albums all sound great.

...would be another good choice thumbs up

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: October 10, 2015 10:55

Or maybe Lou Goldman? smoking smiley

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: October 10, 2015 11:08

swimtothemoon
Besides Loreta Lynne (sp) what else has he produced?

All his own bands, and everything put out by Third Man Records, which includes music from Loretta to Tom Jones to punk bands to hip hop artists to blues bands, etc. He's got a lot of experience. But I don't think he'll be using it on the Stones album, unfortunately.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 5 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1441
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home