Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 4 of 9
Re: Jack White as Stones Producer
Posted by: BamaStone ()
Date: October 6, 2015 20:16

Mick must really have lurkers for him on here, because I remember you guys mentioned having JW as a producer for any Stones future project maybe they tipped him off on the idea? Any way, I say bring it on, something 'fresh" and they will be only a state away from me to go up and try to see them about town....

Posted by: stewedandkeefed ()
Date: October 6, 2015 20:35

Cooltoplady
So whats so great about his production? 3 pages and nobody says why. Because he sucks.

I can tell you why Jack White's production is great. He knows the golden rule of production and that is not to fill up the sound too much so that you can still hear the silence underneath the sound. With Loretta Lynn he pushed her to write new songs to prove that she was one of the greatest living songwriters. Loretta came up spades of course. He also knows his traditional music and is not some fly by night pop star. And the last four White Stripes albums were all very good and a considerable cut above anything the Stones have released since Tattoo You. The complaint is that no one could say why his production is great and yet the statement was made that he sucks and yet no reason was given for that opinion.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: October 6, 2015 20:41

I happen to have one of Jack's people in my office right now. I will ask him if he knows anything.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: October 6, 2015 20:47

OK. Mick was in Nashville for a few days. He hung out with Jack. There was bowling involved (!). But no definite word on Jack working with the Stones. If I hear anything more I will post.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: October 6, 2015 21:02

stewedandkeefed
Cooltoplady
So whats so great about his production? 3 pages and nobody says why. Because he sucks.

I can tell you why Jack White's production is great. He knows the golden rule of production and that is not to fill up the sound too much so that you can still hear the silence underneath the sound. With Loretta Lynn he pushed her to write new songs to prove that she was one of the greatest living songwriters. Loretta came up spades of course. He also knows his traditional music and is not some fly by night pop star. And the last four White Stripes albums were all very good and a considerable cut above anything the Stones have released since Tattoo You. The complaint is that no one could say why his production is great and yet the statement was made that he sucks and yet no reason was given for that opinion.

Loretta Lynn, who is she, is she the "Coalminer´s daughter"? I thought she died a long long time ago... I listened to Wanda Jackson´s album years ago and thought it was terrible. I have to admit I dont know much of JW´s work, but what I know I sure dont like at all. Not even a bit of it. His guitar playing is awful beyond compare, I dont like his music and his voice... let´s better not talk about his voice... If Mick and Keith think he´s the right man, he will get the job and it´s alright with me. The Glimmer Twins know what they do, at least better than I do. But, Mick n Keith, get Steve Lillywhite for the job! He did a marvelous job on Dirty Work.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: October 6, 2015 21:16

HMS
stewedandkeefed
Cooltoplady

Loretta Lynn, who is she, is she the "Coalminer´s daughter"? I thought she died a long long time ago... I listened to Wanda Jackson´s album years ago and thought it was terrible. I have to admit I dont know much of JW´s work, but what I know I sure dont like at all. Not even a bit of it. His guitar playing is awful beyond compare, I dont like his music and his voice... let´s better not talk about his voice... If Mick and Keith think he´s the right man, he will get the job and it´s alright with me. The Glimmer Twins know what they do, at least better than I do. But, Mick n Keith, get Steve Lillywhite for the job! He did a marvelous job on Dirty Work.

Well lucky for you Jack probably wouldn't be singing or playing guitar on a new Stones record. I hear they have those departments pretty well covered. Check out his Blunderbuss record to hear some great instrumentation, nice simple but sweet arrangements and production. He was using all new musicians so he does have some vision in terms of how to utilize talented people.

Date: October 6, 2015 21:29

The best stuff Jack did was with the Raconteurs, imo. Those were fine albums.

The rest I don't care that much about.

I'm not sure if sound and production are his fortes, judging by what he has achieved, though. He makes Keith seem like a polished studio rat in comparison. Very primitive production (which suited the Raconteurs, but maybe not the Stones so much).

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: October 6, 2015 22:28

DandelionPowderman
The best stuff Jack did was with the Raconteurs, imo. Those were fine albums.

The rest I don't care that much about.

I'm not sure if sound and production are his fortes, judging by what he has achieved, though. He makes Keith seem like a polished studio rat in comparison. Very primitive production (which suited the Raconteurs, but maybe not the Stones so much).

He did a great job even with Loretta Lynn's 'Van Lear Rose'. He can do it with the Stones too!

Date: October 6, 2015 22:37

Maybe he can. But remember this time he has to deal with Mick and Keith smiling smiley

I love the Raconteurs albums, btw.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: October 6, 2015 22:40

All things considered Jack would be great for the stones , but he did some work with keith and Mick won't take him on board now, so it an't gonna happen baby
Its all about Mick, why cant anyone see it

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: October 6, 2015 23:03

It could be brilliant.

From what I've seen and heard Jack White is a first rate prick who won't take any guff from the Stones. I saw Wanda Jackson the other night and she said he was brilliant but worked her nearly to death. The Stones need studio discipline desperately and Jack could be the guy to provide it - especially if they're on his turf. The best part? I'm guessing Jack White would record the Stones mostly >>> live as a unit <<< as opposed to relying on ProTools which was the death of the last two Stones albums. Finally, Jack is an American roots music aficionado who could bring a plethora of new songs and ideas to the Stones who've essentially been making the same album for thirty years now. He could help them rediscover why they got into music in the first place.

Date: October 6, 2015 23:06

rbk
help them rediscover why they got into music in the first place.

Girls?

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: October 6, 2015 23:09

rbk
It could be brilliant.

From what I've seen and heard Jack White is a first rate prick who won't take any guff from the Stones. I saw Wanda Jackson the other night and she said he was brilliant but worked her nearly to death. The Stones need studio discipline desperately and Jack could be the guy to provide it - especially if they're on his turf. The best part? I'm guessing Jack White would record the Stones mostly >>> live as a unit <<< as opposed to relying on ProTools which was the death of the last two Stones albums. Finally, Jack is an American roots music aficionado who could bring a plethora of new songs and ideas to the Stones who've essentially been making the same album for thirty years now. He could help them rediscover why they got into music in the first place.

thumbs upthumbs up

Date: October 6, 2015 23:13

rbk
It could be brilliant.

I have to laugh at the thought of this, just imagine Jack shouting at keith to stop drinking and play the guitar properly and then saying to Mick for gods sake man your sounding to thin and whiny and nasaly, now do something about it and turn yourself down in the mix god damn it. lol

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: October 6, 2015 23:18

i laughed hard too just now :-) Jack White has all the same weaknesses as the Stones themselves without nearly as much originality; I don't think he is a good "foil" to them.

what if they got McCartney to produce them?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-06 23:19 by Turner68.

Date: October 6, 2015 23:35

Turner68

Wonderful idea! He will make even the rockers sound like ballads.

Date: October 7, 2015 00:00

HMS
Turner68

Wonderful idea! He will make even the rockers sound like ballads.

Yes i can see it now evil jealous Paul seizing the ultimate opportunity to ruin the Stones legacy forever with his absolutely useless way of making crap songs infiltrating their efforts Whoo hoo haa haa

Oh sorry just in case one of you serious dudes think this is serious. No its just fooling around . I never know with some of you guys

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-07 00:02 by keefriffhards.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: October 7, 2015 02:53

As I said before, seems pretty clear in hindsight that Mick was more likely to have been there because of Vinyl. But who knows.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 7, 2015 06:05

Pointless. A tired subject. This has been mentioned ever sine ABB came out. Just as with Rick Rubin it'll never happen.

Posted by: Fan Since 1964 ()
Date: October 7, 2015 08:42

I think they should hire Steve Jordan for the job.
He has done an amazing job on "Crosseyed HEart"

Been Stoned since 1964 and still am!

Date: October 7, 2015 09:53

Fan Since 1964

I cant believe that you guys don/t know the first thing about Mick

He would never use the producer who worked with Keith, not in a million years

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: October 7, 2015 10:35

HMS
rbk
help them rediscover why they got into music in the first place.

Girls?

>grinning smiley<

Posted by: Fan Since 1964 ()
Date: October 7, 2015 10:52

Well, then if that's so then I would prefer Keith to work on his own.
Don Was hasn't made it for the Stones neither will any other producer Jagger worked with lately do.

Steve Jordan has caught Keith in his prime and made him go back to the roots.
I certainly don't wanna listen to a Stones record that has any influences of Jagger's solos projects, like the disastraous "Super Heavy". It's dull music and doesn't represent the Stones in any way.

It's time to change direction as far as the music is concerned and Keith has shown that on his album "Crosseyed Heart"

Been Stoned since 1964 and still am!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 7, 2015 10:59

keefriffhards
Fan Since 1964

I cant believe that you guys don/t know the first thing about Mick

He would never use the producer who worked with Keith, not in a million years

No he wont use Steve Jordan, unfortunately. i fear it will be Don Was. What a wasted opportunity.
Jeroen

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: October 7, 2015 11:07

Why not Steve Lillywhite? drinking smiley

2 1 2 0

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 7, 2015 11:13

Come On

Because DIRTY WORK was such a brilliant gleaming pile of shit? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Oh, that's right. It's not really a question, is it - it's a fact.

Date: October 7, 2015 11:16

GasLightStreet
Come On

Because DIRTY WORK was such a brilliant gleaming pile of shit? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Oh, that's right. It's not really a question, is it - it's a fact.

smileys with beer>grinning smiley< Some of the songs were great, the producer was not quite allright.
Jeroen

Date: October 7, 2015 11:31

Here's some of the best work Jack has done, imo.

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-07 11:34 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: October 7, 2015 11:47

What about T. Bone Burnett?

Date: October 7, 2015 11:48

marquess
What about T. Bone Burnett?

Yeah, i like his work with John Mellencamp. Would be a nice choice, but i doubt it.
Jeroen

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 4 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1545
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home