Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8182838485868788899091...LastNext
Current Page: 86 of 147
Re: New Rolling Stones studio album due out in 2016
Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: May 20, 2016 22:10

there is a peace and an art to letting go of trying to control outcomes then you feel happy.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: May 21, 2016 14:21

I fear you are discussing maturity. It is anathema to fandom. Purge this from your thoughts.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: May 21, 2016 20:18

Oh boy, this is getting cryptic...

I'll be back when the album is out.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 21, 2016 22:45

RoughJusticeOnYa

No s*$t. How can we discuss an album, for 86 pages no less!, that no one with any real juice knows crap about? They always keep the lid on these things until they want to tell us.

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: May 21, 2016 23:39

24FPS
RoughJusticeOnYa

No s*$t. How can we discuss an album, for 86 pages no less!, that no one with any real juice knows crap about? They always keep the lid on these things until they want to tell us.

Really....loads of speculation but none of us will know ANYTHING till some new music by The Rolling Stones finally hits the eardrums! THEN, we'll have something to talk about! Till then...all speculation and wishes...

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: May 22, 2016 00:14

Meanwhile I think they are going to release a single album of new songs. In addition you get a code to download the Blues-album which will not be available in physical form.

Another possibility is that they run out of ideas or are too lazy to finish a complete new album. Then five new songs will be added as audio-only on the superexpensive DVD-box they will release before christmas. Hm... this would mean more money for the Stones than a regular CD-release... I think they´ll do it this way.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: May 22, 2016 11:21

...After 11 years without a new album...What a wonderful scenery!"Ladies and gentlemen:the geriatrics Rolling Stones!"eye rolling smileythumbs down

Date: May 22, 2016 15:19

mailexile67
...After 11 years without a new album...What a wonderful scenery!"Ladies and gentlemen:the geriatrics Rolling Stones!"eye rolling smileythumbs down

Sure, they're old but I'd rather not be so cynical. They've proved that on a good night they can still deliver so why not think that in the more controlled atmosphere of a studio they can still do it? To me, the only big question is do they still have the inspiration to write good new songs? I'm just glad they're still working in their 70's. When I hear a sound that incorporates the unique beat of Charlie Watts with the rhythms of Keith Richards and the voice of Mick Jagger....I'll probably like it even if it's not Exile. No one expects Exile..

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 22, 2016 15:40

HonkeyTonkFlash
mailexile67

Sure, they're old but I'd rather not be so cynical. They've proved that on a good night they can still deliver so why not think that in the more controlled atmosphere of a studio they can still do it? To me, the only big question is do they still have the inspiration to write good new songs? I'm just glad they're still working in their 70's. When I hear a sound that incorporates the unique beat of Charlie Watts with the rhythms of Keith Richards and the voice of Mick Jagger....I'll probably like it even if it's not Exile. No one expects Exile..
smileys with beerthumbs up
Jeroen

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: May 22, 2016 16:18

mailexile67

Yeah okay sure check with you later in the summer.....

Date: May 22, 2016 16:22

hahahahahahaha I am so old I remember this song.

[www.youtube.com]

I am waiting
I am waiting

lol

Date: May 22, 2016 16:25

I am waiting for someone to comb my hair no that's not it....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-22 18:23 by tumbled.

Date: May 23, 2016 00:59

we got a good thing going on

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: May 23, 2016 07:22

HonkeyTonkFlash
24FPS
RoughJusticeOnYa

Really....loads of speculation but none of us will know ANYTHING till some new music by The Rolling Stones finally hits the eardrums! THEN, we'll have something to talk about! Till then...all speculation and wishes...

Disagree. There are ways to find things out.

Date: May 23, 2016 12:13

roller99
HonkeyTonkFlash
24FPS
RoughJusticeOnYa

I guess....some folks here have connections.....

Date: May 23, 2016 16:41

nothing new here:

In an interview with the Associated Press, Ronnie Wood has revealed that the band has already recorded some new material and some blues covers

"We went in to cut some new songs, which we did," Wood said, according to NME. He added, "But we got on a blues streak. We cut 11 blues in two days. They are extremely great cover versions of Howlin' Wolf and Little Walter, among other blues people. But they really sound authentic... When we heard them back after not hearing them for a couple of months, we were, 'Who's that? It's you.' It sounded so authentic."

In the same interview, Richards confirmed that "there's one [album] coming," but refused to offer any other details saying that his "lips are sealed." The Rolling Stones last studio album was "A Bigger Bang" which was released way back in 2005.

While Wood did not reveal anything about the release date of new Rolling Stones album, he did assure that the album is coming this year. In another interview with The Sun, Keith Richards said that the new album might come as a surprise to Rolling Stone fans.

"Yeah, that's in the can, although it might be a surprise to people and I can't say any more than that right now," Richards said. "We did sessions in London in December which suddenly gave us a whole load of stuff. In fact, the Stones have never cut so many tracks in such a short time. Now that's not necessarily a guarantee of a good record but there is something in the works and I'd just like to leave it up there in mystery land."

Are you excited about the Rolling Stones new album? Let us know in comments below.

Posted by: terry ()
Date: May 23, 2016 17:08

I'm very excited about new material, more so than the stones touring.
I like the quote from Keith in the sun newspaper. Saying the new album might come as a surprise to some fans. It be a surprise to me if it's any good lol,but I live in hope, and thankful there still here doing new stuff.

Date: May 23, 2016 17:33

Like I said on pages 22, 47 & 73 winking smiley if Keith is optimistic then it has a real chance of being good!!

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: May 23, 2016 21:28

When was Keith not optimistic about a new album? At heart, he is a master of PR who makes it appear he is the pirate who tolerates no bullshit and tells it like it is.

Date: May 23, 2016 21:33

And page 86…….>grinning smiley<

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: May 24, 2016 04:18

Judging from the last 20-or-so years' experience, if Keith is optimistic about a new album there is a good chance of it never coming to exist at all. Let's hope this time is different.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: May 24, 2016 09:18

roller99
HonkeyTonkFlash
24FPS
RoughJusticeOnYa

I think what he/she meant is none of us know for 'sure' and at times even what is reported can be BS or simply hold no water.

I agree some have a bit of a scoop and I am certainly interested (and thankful for them) in hearing what they have to say ... but nothing is certain and I'm sure they will tell us that just as well. Even when actual connections mention things.. it gets misinterpreted or misconstrued at times.

What this person is saying is we really know nothing for 'certain' ... until it actually happens.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-24 09:22 by IanBillen.

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: May 24, 2016 11:43

tumbled
hahahahahahaha I am so old I remember this song.

[www.youtube.com]

I am waiting
I am waiting

lol

Always a pleasure hearing that song again. One of the reasons I like Aftermath so much. And I had never seen that clip.

Date: May 24, 2016 13:53

doitywoik
Judging from the last 20-or-so years' experience, if Keith is optimistic about a new album there is a good chance of it never coming to exist at all. Let's hope this time is different.

thumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 24, 2016 17:28

tumbled
nothing new here:

In an interview with the Associated Press, Ronnie Wood has revealed that the band has already recorded some new material and some blues covers

"We went in to cut some new songs, which we did," Wood said, according to NME. He added, "But we got on a blues streak. We cut 11 blues in two days. They are extremely great cover versions of Howlin' Wolf and Little Walter, among other blues people. But they really sound authentic... When we heard them back after not hearing them for a couple of months, we were, 'Who's that? It's you.' It sounded so authentic."

In the same interview, Richards confirmed that "there's one [album] coming," but refused to offer any other details saying that his "lips are sealed." The Rolling Stones last studio album was "A Bigger Bang" which was released way back in 2005.

While Wood did not reveal anything about the release date of new Rolling Stones album, he did assure that the album is coming this year. In another interview with The Sun, Keith Richards said that the new album might come as a surprise to Rolling Stone fans.

"Yeah, that's in the can, although it might be a surprise to people and I can't say any more than that right now," Richards said. "We did sessions in London in December which suddenly gave us a whole load of stuff. In fact, the Stones have never cut so many tracks in such a short time. Now that's not necessarily a guarantee of a good record but there is something in the works and I'd just like to leave it up there in mystery land."

Are you excited about the Rolling Stones new album? Let us know in comments below.

This bit Ronnie said, "We went in to cut some new songs, which we did," Wood said, according to NME. He added, "But we got on a blues streak. We cut 11 blues in two days. They are extremely great cover versions of Howlin' Wolf and Little Walter, among other blues people. But they really sound authentic... When we heard them back after not hearing them for a couple of months, we were, 'Who's that? It's you.' It sounded so authentic."

So... they sound authentic. WTF? So they're not authentic. I can not recall any Rolling Stone saying that ever. There's usually some kind of nod to someone, Muddy Waters or whatever, like Mick and Keith talked about with Back Of My Hand:

I sleep downstairs and the studio is upstairs. One night, I thought I was hearing this old Muddy Waters track I didn't know, but it turned out to be Mick working on a slide part for Back of My Hand. He's always been a good, smooth acoustic player, but the electric seemed like an untamed beast for him until this year. I thought: My God! The boy's finally got it.
- Keith Richards, August 2005

Mick came up with that. He started to play it one day on acoustic guitar and I started thinking, prison songs... We were just casting ideas about. To me, it's a classic sort of Muddy Waters thing, or even earlier. And as we were getting it going, I went, Jesus Christ, we could have cut this at Chess, baby. You are what you listen to, in a way, and I never stopped listening to the blues. Even if I go off on other tangents, there's always that basic diet, thank God.
- Keith Richards, July 2005

So there's no jumping about saying "WE'RE AUTHENTIC" etc but Ronnie, he just can't say "We cut some blues and they're great!", no, he has to use desperation language.

Of course, Mick has said stupid shit, like this from 2005 about A BIGGER BANG, which obviously he forgot about from, oh, what, pretty much on that tour and the tours of 2012-2015:

If we go out on tour, we gotta do a record. It shows you are an actual functioning rock band. I don't want to be one of those bands that just does hits. People say, I much prefer to hear "Brown Sugar" than some new song. Well, I don't give a shit what you prefer. If everyone else in the band had said, We can't be bothered, no one listens to our new records, fair enough.

[www.timeisonourside.com]

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: May 24, 2016 19:15

GasLightStreet

Of course, Mick has said stupid shit, like this from 2005 about A BIGGER BANG, which obviously he forgot about from, oh, what, pretty much on that tour and the tours of 2012-2015:

If we go out on tour, we gotta do a record. It shows you are an actual functioning rock band.I don't want to be one of those bands that just does hits. People say, I much prefer to hear "Brown Sugar" than some new song. Well, I don't give a shit what you prefer. If everyone else in the band had said, We can't be bothered, no one listens to our new records, fair enough.

[www.timeisonourside.com]

I don't find that stupid, at all. It is a glimpse of that Mick Jagger, whom I have missed so very much lately, that is, until quite recently.

To characterize that saying as stupid, on the other hand, makes your post here, politely expressed, very far from your best ones.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: May 24, 2016 20:09

The band played 4 songs and sometimes 5 songs from ABB on the 2005 tour, but the album wasn't very good, after 3 weeks it went out of the Top 40, no song made a big impact on the US rock radio so they dropped songs during the tour.
Also when you play setlists of only 19-20 songs there is not much room for new stuff.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-24 20:12 by georgelicks.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: May 25, 2016 11:16

georgelicks
The band played 4 songs and sometimes 5 songs from ABB on the 2005 tour, but the album wasn't very good, after 3 weeks it went out of the Top 40, no song made a big impact on the US rock radio so they dropped songs during the tour.
Also when you play setlists of only 19-20 songs there is not much room for new stuff.

The album was very good but they didn't try to play some of the best songs. They didn't even play the 3rd single, which was a good decision. Biggest Mistake is NOT a very good song.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: May 25, 2016 11:28

Album was shit, only 3 or 4 songs was good, and they played those like ONNYA, RJ, and the blues one.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: May 25, 2016 12:24

Album was shit

No. It is too long. Cut it down to 10-12 songs and you have a great rocking, rough-sounding very solid album, their best since DW. No shit at all, way better than B2B and VL.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8182838485868788899091...LastNext
Current Page: 86 of 147

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1886
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home