Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 147
Re: Keith Richards: New Rolling Stones Record Coming Next Year
Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: November 12, 2015 12:19

The great songs on ABB are:"Laugh I nearly died", "It won't take long" and "Rough justice"..."Rain fall down", "She saw me coming" and "Oh no not you again" are pretty too...

Date: November 12, 2015 12:59

KRiffhard
DandelionPowderman
matxil
DandelionPowderman
corriecas
i am sure there will be at least One great song with it!!!! and looking forward to it, like a kid for his birtday presents, or for his first night he will have sex .

Jeroen

There are ALWAYS great songs on Stones albums – no exceptions! smileys with beer

If you put it like that... So all their latest albums are basically a lot of songs that are only there as package of two or three great songs.

Well, personally I think there are more than two or three great songs on those albums.

However, I know people see that differently, but imo there is always great stuff on their albums.

...i'm still searching for 'great' songs on 'A Bigger Bang'!

I'd say Rough Justice, Let Me Down Slow, Biggest Mistake and This Place Is Empty are borderline great, for different reasons.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 12, 2015 13:02

Jagger mentioned in an interview once that It Won't Take Long
started out a slow soul number ..... Oooh Baby would love ta hear that

ROCKMAN

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 12, 2015 13:07

KRiffhard
DandelionPowderman
matxil
DandelionPowderman
corriecas
i am sure there will be at least One great song with it!!!! and looking forward to it, like a kid for his birtday presents, or for his first night he will have sex .

Jeroen

There are ALWAYS great songs on Stones albums – no exceptions! smileys with beer

If you put it like that... So all their latest albums are basically a lot of songs that are only there as package of two or three great songs.

Well, personally I think there are more than two or three great songs on those albums.

However, I know people see that differently, but imo there is always great stuff on their albums.

...i'm still searching for 'great' songs on 'A Bigger Bang'!

Oh No, not you again,Rough Justice,dangerous beauty,let me down slow are great in my opinion.
Jeroensmileys with beer

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: November 12, 2015 13:59

On ABB, really good I find only "Laugh, I Nearly Died".
Okay are "Rough Justice", "Rain Fell Down".
Entertaining "package material": "Oh no, not you again" and "Let Me Down Slow".

The rest is at best harmless, and at worst (and we all know which song I am referring to) painfully terrible.

Date: November 12, 2015 14:12

matxil

The rest is at best harmless, and at worst (and we all know which song I am referring to) painfully terrible.

You mean awful bad? winking smiley

Date: November 12, 2015 14:22

DandelionPowderman
matxil

That too. And possible terribly painful as well.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: November 12, 2015 14:39

terrible are:"Sweet neocon", "Infamy", "Look what the cat...", "Driving too fast" and..."Streets of love"!

Date: November 12, 2015 15:37

mailexile67
terrible are:"Sweet neocon", "Infamy", "Look what the cat...", "Driving too fast" and..."Streets of love"!

Yes, but painfully terrible is only "Sweet neocon".
"Infamy" is cringeworthy.
The rest that you mention is just bad, apart from "Streets of Love" which I think is okayish.

Posted by: Mel Belli ()
Date: November 12, 2015 16:44

Rockman

Not sure he specified that it was "slow." Anyway, this is on the slow side, and it would certainly fit the description:

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-12 16:45 by Mel Belli.

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: November 12, 2015 18:43

Mel Belli
Rockman

Not sure he specified that it was "slow." Anyway, this is on the slow side, and it would certainly fit the description:

[www.youtube.com]

If that was the starting point, it sure developed quite a lot - impressively in fact. It won't take long is one of the true latterday greats. Mick's vocal is so impressive on this and the other ABB-highlights. My god, I look forward to a new album.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: November 12, 2015 18:48

GetYerAngie
Mel Belli
Rockman

[www.youtube.com]

If that was the starting point, it sure developed quite a lot - impressively in fact. It won't take long is one of the true latterday greats. Mick's vocal is so impressive on this and the other ABB-highlights. My god, I look forward to a new album.

would you prefer a new stones album or a new mick album?

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: November 12, 2015 18:59

Turner68
GetYerAngie
Mel Belli
Rockman

[www.youtube.com]

would you prefer a new stones album or a new mick album?

I would prefer a new Stones album (with Mick in charge vocally) - but I like most of Mick's solo output too, so if they do not make a new album, I would like a new Mick solo album.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 12, 2015 20:11

Mel Belli
Rockman

[www.youtube.com]

Yes that was very nice, such a better vibe than what eventually happened to it. They certainly overcooked it for ABB imo.
All it needed was a bit of polishing, and it was done. Sometimes an artist needs to know when to walk away from something without adding too much crap - one of the trickiest parts of the creative process.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: November 12, 2015 20:27

"It Won't Take Long" done as a soul song instead of sounding like a garage band would recall "Gimme Shelter" a little too closely I suspect. Mind you, "So Divine" is a close cousin of "Paint It Black" and that didn't deter them.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 12, 2015 23:57

DandelionPowderman
corriecas

Jeroen

Ah ha ha ha ha. The least of which is on DIRTY WORK: Too Rude, Had It With You, Sleep Tonight...

Date: November 13, 2015 00:00

GasLightStreet
DandelionPowderman
corriecas

Jeroen

Ah ha ha ha ha. The least of which is on DIRTY WORK: Too Rude, Had It With You, Sleep Tonight...

Harlem Shuffle is good.

Date: November 13, 2015 00:02

Yeah. It is. But it's not a Stones song...

Date: November 13, 2015 00:07

GasLightStreet

ah. you're expecting great original songs. hmm. i would prefer an album of covers to 11 lousy songs, 3 good songs, and 1 or 2 great ones.

Date: November 13, 2015 00:11

Turner68
GasLightStreet

ah. you're expecting great original songs. hmm. i would prefer an album of covers to 11 lousy songs, 3 good songs, and 1 or 2 great ones.

Well, it is one of the 4 good tunes, which I use lightly, on DIRTY WORK. I was thinking original tunes actually. Doing a cover, eh, OK, fine. It's different than doing an original though. They just had to learn it and play it, not write it etc. Of course, Too Rude is a cover as well! So yeah, 2 good covers, 2 decent originals.

Would've made a fantastic EP.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: November 13, 2015 00:20

Let Me Down Slow...Zzzzzzz..... and don't forget to Put Roses On My Grave.

ABB Vinyl LP album edit:
1.ROUGH JUSTICE
2.IT WON'T TAKE LONG
3.UNDER THE RADAR
4.BACK OF MY HAND
5.SHE SAW ME COMING
6.BIGGEST MISTAKE
7.THIS PLACE IS EMPTY
8.OH NO NOT YOU AGAIN
9.DANGEROUS BEAUTY
10.LAUGH I NEARLY DIED

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: November 13, 2015 03:21

mailexile67
The great songs on ABB are:"Laugh I nearly died", "It won't take long" and "Rough justice"..."Rain fall down", "She saw me coming" and "Oh no not you again" are pretty too...

I really like Let Me Down Slow. Great guitar part and melody

Posted by: KeefTaylor72 ()
Date: November 13, 2015 04:53

I really hope they change up they're process on this new album, if they actually do one. Rocky D. nailed their process down for the past 30 years or so on another thread. How Jagger and Richards work so individually since mid-70's. So many "decent" songs would have been "great" if they just took the time to collaborate and have the "openness" & courage to allow each other to work the songs out and dissect them and rearrange them from individual tunes to "Rolling Stones Songs"! A decent tune like "Saint of Me" could have been a classic, for example! If only Jagger allowed Keith and the rest of the band to "collaborate"! Same with Rough Justice and others. If Keith would allow Mick to help with tunes as well, maybe "This Place is Empty" becomes a more focused catchier duet classic! One More Shot needed more Mick lyrics and punch! They must try something different - and that's to return to their songwriting methods of the 60's I believe. Only way to make better songs, I'm afraid........we'll see soon.

Date: November 13, 2015 13:17

DandelionPowderman
matxil

I'm sorry, I'm terribly slow sometimes. I just realised what you were doing there. (In my defense: I hardly ever listen to it).
In any case, no, I rather meant a crock of s***.

Date: November 13, 2015 13:35

matxil
DandelionPowderman
matxil

I'm sorry, I'm terribly slow sometimes. I just realised what you were doing there. (In my defense: I hardly ever listen to it).

I was waiting for this post grinning smiley

smileys with beer

Date: November 13, 2015 16:52

Hairball
Mel Belli
Rockman

[www.youtube.com]

Yes that was very nice, such a better vibe than what eventually happened to it. They certainly overcooked it for ABB imo.
All it needed was a bit of polishing, and it was done. Sometimes an artist needs to know when to walk away from something without adding too much crap - one of the trickiest parts of the creative process.

Holy crap! It's a completely different song!

I still dig the LP one. Stompin'.

Date: November 13, 2015 17:07

DandelionPowderman
matxil
DandelionPowderman
matxil

I was waiting for this post grinning smiley

smileys with beer

Oh well you know how it is: slow or fast, slow or fast, end at last.

smileys with beer

Posted by: 1969Fan ()
Date: November 13, 2015 23:09

If the Stones do record a new album, anything they do, no matter how well it may stand on its own, will be compared to what they recorded 1968-1971. I don't know why they would put themselves in that position. They have nothing to win and everything to lose.

This is an opinion...I don't have any insight to the Stones or the music business...but IMHO the Stones are now a touring band, not a recording band. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. They've given us some of the best songs ever recorded, and people want to hear them play them.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 14, 2015 00:10

1969Fan
If the Stones do record a new album, anything they do, no matter how well it may stand on its own, will be compared to what they recorded 1968-1971. I don't know why they would put themselves in that position. They have nothing to win and everything to lose.

This is an opinion...I don't have any insight to the Stones or the music business...but IMHO the Stones are now a touring band, not a recording band. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. They've given us some of the best songs ever recorded, and people want to hear them play them.

Well, for one, if there is an ounce of creativity in their respective bodies, they may like to tap into that one more time with each other, to see if they can recreate 'the magic'.

You ask why they'd put themselves in that position...well, because they have over and over again for 44 years since your 68-71 and it hasn't tarnished their legacy yet, so even if it was a flop it wouldn't matter to the legacy.

I don't think they necessarily feel the 'pressure' as much as you do!

So bring it on I say!

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 14, 2015 00:56

and maybe they don't want Bigger Bang to be their last studio album,
and maybe they have more to say.
Can we demand a shared 2- bedroom suite entire Ole Tour? Stocked with
Beer, Scotch, vodka, orange mist, and Keith's CA medicinal spleef?
Tape, sing, write, play, lay it down after tour.
Love the Stones, I'll take what they give/ gonna trust 'em.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 147

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1816
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home