Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...110111112113114115116117118119120...LastNext
Current Page: 115 of 147
Re: New Rolling Stones studio album due out in 2016
Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: July 27, 2016 04:44

Hairball
I'm looking more forward to the blues album than a new studio album of originals ala Bigger Bang.
I can live without another Streets of Love, etc., but would love to hear some vintage Stonesy blues with Clapton in the mix.

Only blues? Boring.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: July 27, 2016 06:17

Maindefender
IanBillen
Bashlets
Ian, love ok at this way. This maybe the first time in 35 years that they want their original songs stellar instead of rushing it out to meet a tour deadline. If that's the case I'm good with that

I am very very thankful they didn't rush this but IMO they could of easily started this project a little earlier in having it easily ready for this fall.

I mean come on ... now it's 2017. 12 ... that's right... <12> years between studio albums? .. And they consider themselves an all around working band ...Really ...??

They are a 'touring' band / act .. but they are <not> an all around working band because all around working bands make more than 2 albums in 20 years ..

2 studio albums in 20 years is bloody revolting... (jus sayin). They could of put out the new Studio album this fall and by next late fall early winter did the blues thing.. but we instead we have to wait another friggin year? Seriously .. it's ridiculous .. being as they keep talking about making an album .. Lol I mean come on now. Why keep teasing us ... if they aren't really doing anything concrete or there are no real immediate plans on putting one out.

Ian you've got to chill out. First of all there hasn't been anything officially stated in regards to any releases or what the dates will be. We've got 114 pages that probably has two pages total of stuff and they may turn out to be inaccurate...lol

In regards to releases sure no newly named studio material but think of all the deluxe and vault releases in the last decade alone. And I'd be shocked if the new album whenever it comes out won't be outstanding, these guys love the fans too much not to reward us properly. smiling bouncing smileysmiling bouncing smiley

I'm not mad because they haven't been doing anything for the last 10 years.. I am simply mad because they have been doing anything and everything from reissues to this and that.. tour and tour .. special edition and reworks.. greatest hits.. re-releases ....you name it ...all while hinting and finally talking about working on this new album ....yet now we are once again getting something different ... and there is no new album?

How many years can we do other things and talk about it. Write.. Record .. and put the sucker out already and stop talking about it all while doing other things. Having a new album out is like last on their list of things to do or priorities ... (I don't have a huge problem with that but they keep talking about it or hinting about getting releasing a new album? do it.. or stop talking or saying you are going to do it).

It's first in what the fans want.. has been for a while.

That's all I'm sayin .. you know .. ....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-27 06:19 by IanBillen.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 27, 2016 08:44

KRiffhard
Hairball
I'm looking more forward to the blues album than a new studio album of originals ala Bigger Bang.
I can live without another Streets of Love, etc., but would love to hear some vintage Stonesy blues with Clapton in the mix.

Only blues? Boring.

I suppose it depends on what ones taste in music is - one man's junk is another man's treasure
Personally, I love the blues and everything that it entails. On the other hand, I find a majority of original Stones music from the last 30+ years almost unlistenable and boring.
Unless there some kind of miracle, that trend will continue unfortunately.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: July 27, 2016 12:55

GasLightStreet
IanBillen
HMS
They were just a few days in the studio. The more I think of it, the more I believe all they have are a few fragments a la "Extreme Western Grip". And I dont believe that they were able to cut so many blues tunes within a few days that they can fill an album with. Those songs also have to be prepared and rehearsed, in no way they can go into a studio to cut 5-6 Blues-tunes in one day.
Keith has his problems playing songs that he played a thousand times before, dont tell me he can walk in and record some one-take-Blues-tunes.

Frankly, I do believe they have nothing (or almost nothing). It´s all chitter-chatter and rumours to promote the new tour that will be just the same as the old tour. Nobody has heard any "new stuff" because there isnt any. Nobody can even name one single tune they recorded during their "Blues-session". Maybe Clapton jammend on a song-fragment that never will be finished. I think all they have laid down are a few basic tracks that are in very embryonic stadium.

It actually 'is' very possible to record a blues song / blues songs unrehearsed if you are familiar with the songs (with the odd over-dub or two).

It is possible to record anything in one take ..it happens a lot. At times you'll keep the vocal and drums and bass and simply over dub the guitars or backing vocals or additional instruments etc later).

It is easily possible to do it that way and being as they spent roughly six weeks in the studio thus far (2 weeks in December .. a week or two in April... two or three weeks in June and into July)... there is absolutely no reason why they could not of easily had an album of blues covers ready and additional material in place (the blues tunes are simple songs to record in most situations). If they cannot record an album of old blues 'covers' in six long weeks they might as well pack it up and call it quits (just sayin). The work needed to record an album of blues covers with mixing included could be done in three weeks time .. no kidding.

Jus sayin. They could of had the basic tracks down in two or three days and with a week of overdubs had the entire blues album done recording wise. The rest is up to the mixing. That could be done in a week or so.

HMS is too busy drooling over that vomit pile of an excuse of an album from 1986 to have spent any time listening to their blues B-sides and unreleased blues warm ups and for shits and giggles that they did for all kinds of albums. There are LOADS of them. Half the SOME GIRLS sessions were blues fartings - they even put some of them on the deluxe disc of that reissue.

They have done some good blues of their own that have been released officially on LPs or singles - Cook Cook, Fancy Man, The Storm, Down In A Hole, Break The Spell, Back Of My Hand, Stop Breaking Down and their best, I Ain't Signifying.

But indeed they could cut an album's worth of blues in ONE DAY yet alone one week or one month.

These are all solid blues and not boring. Some Girls deluxe has So Young, When You're Gone, Petrol Blues, Keep Up Blues all cool songs. I tell you if this Blues album is gritty and occasionally nasty as it should be then we will have a winner. Who cares about record sales, early Black Keys or today's Record Company are great albums, damned the critics.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-27 13:48 by Maindefender.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: July 27, 2016 15:00

A Blues tune thrown in here and there as an album-track or b-side is mostly a pleasure to listen to but an entire album full of songs like Fancy Man Blues Back Off My Hand and Cook Cook Blues can easily turn out to be a rather boring thing. I think DW is a much more exciting listening experience than a full album of pure Blues could ever be. But I dont mind, I´ll listen to that Blues album in a one-track-per-week-way so it wont be too boring.

Date: July 27, 2016 15:05

HMS
A Blues tune thrown in here and there as an album-track or b-side is mostly a pleasure to listen to but an entire album full of songs like Fancy Man Blues Back Off My Hand and Cook Cook Blues can easily turn out to be a rather boring thing. I think DW is a much more exciting listening experience than a full album of pure Blues could ever be. But I dont mind, I´ll listen to that Blues album in a one-track-per-week-way so it wont be too boring.

thumbs up

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: July 27, 2016 15:23

For me it depends on what kind of blues we're talking about. If it's a throwback to early Stones sound it will be quite interesting. But if it's genuine blues then I would also get a little bored with it. Though I have a lot of respect for the genre, it's not something I can sink my teeth into on a regular basis. So in this way of thinking I too would prefer to listen to Dirty Work. But maybe we should wait and see what it really is before we get upset?

Posted by: calipachangero ()
Date: July 27, 2016 16:07

Give us a @#$%& date already!!
Is it really that hard,just like Roger Waters, hinting about a new album, but nothing firm, being non-committal is the time spirit today. Its just sad...

Posted by: terry ()
Date: July 27, 2016 16:10

My dream would be the stones to record a new album at chess studios, if it still going.And get that authentic rhythm blues sound they had in 63/64.
I be happy with a album sounding like out of our heads, yeah heat stuff.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: July 27, 2016 17:09

terry
My dream would be the stones to record a new album at chess studios, if it still going.And get that authentic rhythm blues sound they had in 63/64.
I be happy with a album sounding like out of our heads, yeah heat stuff.

To achieve that sound, Brian Jones would have to rise from his grave. The clocks cant be turned back, they will never sound like in those days again, all they can do nowadays is sounding like on Back Of My Hand when it comes to Blues and that´s more than a decade ago. And it was rather boring if I dare to say that.

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: July 27, 2016 17:11

IanBillen
Maindefender
IanBillen
Bashlets
Ian, love ok at this way. This maybe the first time in 35 years that they want their original songs stellar instead of rushing it out to meet a tour deadline. If that's the case I'm good with that

I am very very thankful they didn't rush this but IMO they could of easily started this project a little earlier in having it easily ready for this fall.

I mean come on ... now it's 2017. 12 ... that's right... <12> years between studio albums? .. And they consider themselves an all around working band ...Really ...??

They are a 'touring' band / act .. but they are <not> an all around working band because all around working bands make more than 2 albums in 20 years ..

2 studio albums in 20 years is bloody revolting... (jus sayin). They could of put out the new Studio album this fall and by next late fall early winter did the blues thing.. but we instead we have to wait another friggin year? Seriously .. it's ridiculous .. being as they keep talking about making an album .. Lol I mean come on now. Why keep teasing us ... if they aren't really doing anything concrete or there are no real immediate plans on putting one out.

Ian you've got to chill out. First of all there hasn't been anything officially stated in regards to any releases or what the dates will be. We've got 114 pages that probably has two pages total of stuff and they may turn out to be inaccurate...lol

In regards to releases sure no newly named studio material but think of all the deluxe and vault releases in the last decade alone. And I'd be shocked if the new album whenever it comes out won't be outstanding, these guys love the fans too much not to reward us properly. smiling bouncing smileysmiling bouncing smiley

I'm not mad because they haven't been doing anything for the last 10 years.. I am simply mad because they have been doing anything and everything from reissues to this and that.. tour and tour .. special edition and reworks.. greatest hits.. re-releases ....you name it ...all while hinting and finally talking about working on this new album ....yet now we are once again getting something different ... and there is no new album?

How many years can we do other things and talk about it. Write.. Record .. and put the sucker out already and stop talking about it all while doing other things. Having a new album out is like last on their list of things to do or priorities ... (I don't have a huge problem with that but they keep talking about it or hinting about getting releasing a new album? do it.. or stop talking or saying you are going to do it).

It's first in what the fans want.. has been for a while.

That's all I'm sayin .. you know .. ....

That's all he's sayin..........................................

Over & Over & Over & Over again.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: July 27, 2016 17:32

Gimme a simple, decent album of new tunes...Is it too much...After 11 years?!?confused smileyeye rolling smiley

Date: July 27, 2016 17:57

mailexile67
Gimme a simple, decent album of new tunes...Is it too much...After 11 years?!?confused smileyeye rolling smiley

thumbs up

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 27, 2016 18:02

Maindefender
These are all solid blues and not boring. Some Girls deluxe has So Young, When You're Gone, Petrol Blues, Keep Up Blues all cool songs.

So Young is OK but the rest of those on that SG Deluxe are complete crap considering what they chose to leave off. Overall they're nowhere near as good as any of their blues B-sides yet alone album tracks, just the Stones plodding along with some blues.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: July 27, 2016 18:24

HMS
A Blues tune thrown in here and there as an album-track or b-side is mostly a pleasure to listen to but an entire album full of songs like Fancy Man Blues Back Off My Hand and Cook Cook Blues can easily turn out to be a rather boring thing

Totally agree IF it's by the world's greatest ROCK AND ROLL BAND. THE STONES should play rock and roll, with a side of the blues.

Rod

Date: July 27, 2016 18:34

Keep in mind it's usually absent minded fans that love to call them that. They never called themselves that - although they've not done anything verbally to avoid it.

Date: July 27, 2016 18:34

GasLightStreet
Maindefender
These are all solid blues and not boring. Some Girls deluxe has So Young, When You're Gone, Petrol Blues, Keep Up Blues all cool songs.

So Young is OK but the rest of those on that SG Deluxe are complete crap considering what they chose to leave off. Overall they're nowhere near as good as any of their blues B-sides yet alone album tracks, just the Stones plodding along with some blues.

Actually I prefer these SG deluxe blues over The Storm, Cook Cook or Fancy Man…..I love the Stones, wow 54 years !!

Date: July 27, 2016 18:39

Some people like poor and average grade by-the-numbers quality blues, others, like me, like high grade quality blues.

And the 54 years thing... come on. It's strictly of existence as a name. Their last album was in 2005 for shit's sake. Since 1997 they've done ONE ALBUM. The greatest hits machine has been on cruise control for quite some time now. They really need to do something.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: July 27, 2016 20:36

GasLightStreet
Some people like poor and average grade by-the-numbers quality blues, others, like me, like high grade quality blues.

And the 54 years thing... come on. It's strictly of existence as a name. Their last album was in 2005 for shit's sake. Since 1997 they've done ONE ALBUM. The greatest hits machine has been on cruise control for quite some time now. They really need to do something.

Actually they did call themselves that, or at least their stage announcer did on the 69 tour (with good reason many including me would say). And I do not agree that they need to do anything. Their status in music history is set in stone (sorry) and does not depend on, and will not be affected by, whatever they may decide to release in the future. They will always be known for their many classic works.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: July 27, 2016 23:27

GasLightStreet
Maindefender

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..........................thumbs down

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: July 28, 2016 00:30

We don't know anything. The blues cd could have 15 or 16 tracks on it for all we know. The stones may put out 10 covers and 5 new tunes if the sound meshes with the covers. They may be holding some of the more contemporary things for the album next year. We just don't know a thing.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: July 28, 2016 01:57

GasLightStreet

^ Agreed (and exactly my thoughts)

Date: July 28, 2016 15:15

R.I.P. old friend cool smiley

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: July 28, 2016 15:18

Maindefender
R.I.P. old friend cool smiley
Never shall we make it to 200 pages of senseless speculation!

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: July 28, 2016 15:53

I'm looking forward to 115 pages of moaning when it's eventually released. "It's OK but not as good as... ", "I waited ten years for this???" etc etc etc.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 28, 2016 17:08

This whale shark of a thread going down the drain? How is it even possible? 115 pages for nothing?

Date: July 28, 2016 17:22

Rokyfan
GasLightStreet

Actually they did call themselves that, or at least their stage announcer did on the 69 tour (with good reason many including me would say). And I do not agree that they need to do anything. Their status in music history is set in stone (sorry) and does not depend on, and will not be affected by, whatever they may decide to release in the future. They will always be known for their many classic works.

ACTUALLY... THEY did not call themselves that. They can't help it that Sam Cutler said it and stuck with it. So now it's become a long running quip.

I certainly know they don't need to do anything, they've done way more than any band ever has... but since they've announced that they are, well then, they need to do something.

Date: July 28, 2016 17:23

RipThisBone
GasLightStreet
Maindefender

Ah, I see the adoration for sub-standard blues tunes on a reissue with extras that left the really good extras off has found another wrinkle.

Date: July 28, 2016 17:45

GasLightStreet
RipThisBone
GasLightStreet
Maindefender

Ah, I see the adoration for sub-standard blues tunes on a reissue with extras that left the really good extras off has found another wrinkle.

GasLight which left off songs do you speak of? I'm not disputing just curious. They certainly recorded a ton of material during that period…..TIA

Date: July 28, 2016 18:01

The good ones! The Way She Held Me Tight, A Different Kind, Fiji Jim, Munich Hilton, I Love You Too Much, Guess I Should Know, It Won't Be Long, Never Make You Cry, What Gives You The Right, Dancing Girls.

And the one blues they should've put on it is Armpit Blues.

[www.youtube.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...110111112113114115116117118119120...LastNext
Current Page: 115 of 147

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1572
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home