Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...109110111112113114115116117118119...LastNext
Current Page: 114 of 147
Re: New Rolling Stones studio album due out in 2016
Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: July 25, 2016 22:58

See you on page 200, ha-ha. Oh the speculation runs deep.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: July 25, 2016 23:29

Tyrone Wood said: "I've heard snippets of the album, yes, it's amazing. It's different - I can't say different how, cause I wouldn't want to ruin it - but it's good."

C'mon guys...let's have some positivity!!

Posted by: heinz57 ()
Date: July 26, 2016 00:46

Keith and Ronnie planned these blues numbers for weeks and months in advance. This was not just cooked up in 2 days in the studio

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: July 26, 2016 01:15

heinz57
Keith and Ronnie planned these blues numbers for weeks and months in advance. This was not just cooked up in 2 days in the studio

Keith .... planned?

winking smiley

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: July 26, 2016 01:22

heinz57

They also have been rehearsing for tours since the 5 shows in 2012. The Stones have played standard blues in rehearsals since the beginning.....I don't think it's much of a stretch to believe that they could crank out a dozen tunes in a few days. Also, I believe there was a second, longer stint in the studio this past spring (in addition to the couple of days last fall).

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: July 26, 2016 01:25

HMS
They were just a few days in the studio. The more I think of it, the more I believe all they have are a few fragments a la "Extreme Western Grip". And I dont believe that they were able to cut so many blues tunes within a few days that they can fill an album with. Those songs also have to be prepared and rehearsed, in no way they can go into a studio to cut 5-6 Blues-tunes in one day.
Keith has his problems playing songs that he played a thousand times before, dont tell me he can walk in and record some one-take-Blues-tunes.

Frankly, I do believe they have nothing (or almost nothing). It´s all chitter-chatter and rumours to promote the new tour that will be just the same as the old tour. Nobody has heard any "new stuff" because there isnt any. Nobody can even name one single tune they recorded during their "Blues-session". Maybe Clapton jammend on a song-fragment that never will be finished. I think all they have laid down are a few basic tracks that are in very embryonic stadium.

It actually 'is' very possible to record a blues song / blues songs unrehearsed if you are familiar with the songs (with the odd over-dub or two).

It is possible to record anything in one take ..it happens a lot. At times you'll keep the vocal and drums and bass and simply over dub the guitars or backing vocals or additional instruments etc later).

It is easily possible to do it that way and being as they spent roughly six weeks in the studio thus far (2 weeks in December .. a week or two in April... two or three weeks in June and into July)... there is absolutely no reason why they could not of easily had an album of blues covers ready and additional material in place (the blues tunes are simple songs to record in most situations). If they cannot record an album of old blues 'covers' in six long weeks they might as well pack it up and call it quits (just sayin). The work needed to record an album of blues covers with mixing included could be done in three weeks time .. no kidding.

Jus sayin. They could of had the basic tracks down in two or three days and with a week of overdubs had the entire blues album done recording wise. The rest is up to the mixing. That could be done in a week or so.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-26 01:35 by IanBillen.

Posted by: Socrates1 ()
Date: July 26, 2016 04:51

It worked the last time I did it. Hopefully we should know something soon...

Posted by: howlingmad ()
Date: July 26, 2016 05:49

IanBillen
They could of @#$%& released a new studio album this fall ...and then the blues album next fall or Winter.

it's been what... Like... 11 years since their last album...??

I assume part of the strategy here (at least on Mick's part) is to avoid a repeat of what happened with ABB. That album generated a lot of press about how it had been 8 years since their last studio album, as well as decades since their last #1 debut. Then ABB was released and it missed the top spot in both the US and UK. Oops.

By releasing an album of blues covers first, the band can take all of that scrutiny off the table. It's a project that could theoretically be released without a lot of fanfare and yet still be welcomed by both fans and critics alike. (Much like Sticky Fingers Live was.) When the new studio album finally appears less than a year later, it makes the band seem prolific rather than one that now goes a decade in between new studio offerings.

Just a theory, although I honestly don't care what their reasoning is here. If we can get two new albums out of this, I am absolutely in favor of the idea.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 26, 2016 06:07

Not a bad theory at all, howlingmad.

Date: July 26, 2016 08:07

Bashlets
Ian, love ok at this way. This maybe the first time in 35 years that they want their original songs stellar instead of rushing it out to meet a tour deadline. If that's the case I'm good with that

I am very very thankful they didn't rush this but IMO they could of easily started this project a little earlier in having it easily ready for this fall.

I mean come on ... now it's 2017. 12 ... that's right... <12> years between studio albums? .. And they consider themselves an all around working band ...Really ...??

They are a 'touring' band / act .. but they are <not> an all around working band because all around working bands make more than 2 albums in 20 years ..

2 studio albums in 20 years is bloody revolting... (jus sayin). They could of put out the new Studio album this fall and by next late fall early winter did the blues thing.. but instead we have to wait another friggin year? Seriously .. it's ridiculous .. being as they keep talking about making an album .. Lol I mean come on now. Why keep teasing us ... if they aren't really doing anything concrete or there are no real immediate plans on putting one out.

Posted by: sandandglue ()
Date: July 26, 2016 08:46

howlingmad
IanBillen
They could of @#$%& released a new studio album this fall ...and then the blues album next fall or Winter.

it's been what... Like... 11 years since their last album...??

I assume part of the strategy here (at least on Mick's part) is to avoid a repeat of what happened with ABB. That album generated a lot of press about how it had been 8 years since their last studio album, as well as decades since their last #1 debut. Then ABB was released and it missed the top spot in both the US and UK. Oops.

By releasing an album of blues covers first, the band can take all of that scrutiny off the table. It's a project that could theoretically be released without a lot of fanfare and yet still be welcomed by both fans and critics alike. (Much like Sticky Fingers Live was.) When the new studio album finally appears less than a year later, it makes the band seem prolific rather than one that now goes a decade in between new studio offerings.

Just a theory, although I honestly don't care what their reasoning is here. If we can get two new albums out of this, I am absolutely in favor of the idea.

The way albums sell nowadays, I don't think that there would be much of a chase to the top of the charts this time around.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: July 26, 2016 10:47

IanBillen
Bashlets
Ian, love ok at this way. This maybe the first time in 35 years that they want their original songs stellar instead of rushing it out to meet a tour deadline. If that's the case I'm good with that

I am very very thankful they didn't rush this but IMO they could of easily started this project a little earlier in having it easily ready for this fall.

I mean come on ... now it's 2017. 12 ... that's right... <12> years between studio albums? .. And they consider themselves an all around working band ...Really ...??

They are a 'touring' band / act .. but they are <not> an all around working band because all around working bands make more than 2 albums in 20 years ..

2 studio albums in 20 years is bloody revolting... (jus sayin). They could of put out the new Studio album this fall and by next late fall early winter did the blues thing.. but we instead we have to wait another friggin year? Seriously .. it's ridiculous .. being as they keep talking about making an album .. Lol I mean come on now. Why keep teasing us ... if they aren't really doing anything concrete or there are no real immediate plans on putting one out.

Ian you've got to chill out. First of all there hasn't been anything officially stated in regards to any releases or what the dates will be. We've got 114 pages that probably has two pages total of stuff and they may turn out to be inaccurate...lol

In regards to releases sure no newly named studio material but think of all the deluxe and vault releases in the last decade alone. And I'd be shocked if the new album whenever it comes out won't be outstanding, these guys love the fans too much not to reward us properly. smiling bouncing smileysmiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: July 26, 2016 13:54

Maindefender
IanBillen
Bashlets

2 studio albums in 20 years is bloody revolting... (jus sayin). They could of put out the new Studio album this fall and by next late fall early winter did the blues thing.. but we instead we have to wait another friggin year? Seriously .. it's ridiculous .. being as they keep talking about making an album .. Lol I mean come on now. Why keep teasing us ... if they aren't really doing anything concrete or there are no real immediate plans on putting one out.

Ian you've got to chill out. First of all there hasn't been anything officially stated in regards to any releases or what the dates will be. We've got 114 pages that probably has two pages total of stuff and they may turn out to be inaccurate...lol

In regards to releases sure no newly named studio material but think of all the deluxe and vault releases in the last decade alone. And I'd be shocked if the new album whenever it comes out won't be outstanding, these guys love the fans too much not to reward us properly. smiling bouncing smileysmiling bouncing smiley

Its not possible for him to chill out.

Date: July 26, 2016 14:44

"No news are good news", say people in-the-know...

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: July 26, 2016 14:49

There's really only four opinions that matter, and those four have 3 shows lined up in the US for this Fall... Beyond that, they'll do whatever they decide to do.

I'm up for it all!!

Date: July 26, 2016 15:28

What was that BV ? we are sure ?

Date: July 26, 2016 15:42

DandelionPowderman
"No news are good news", say people in-the-know...

Continuing with the vague theme, thanks Dandy for not much more info…..lol eye rolling smiley

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: July 26, 2016 16:00

Maindefender
IanBillen
Bashlets

Maybe not many new RS studio albums the last 20 years. But, new solo albums, re-release of old albums with prior unreleased songs, official release of prior boot-legs, touring activity, exhibitionism, books, films / DVD's etc.

If they release 2 albums within the next 12 months they I am happy. Unlike most bands that started in early sixties they are still very much alive and active.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: July 26, 2016 16:35

Some Girls Deluxe reissue (disc 2) definitely was a new album, imo.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: July 26, 2016 17:40

All i have to do is wait for 5th Heinz57's message!
C'mon Heinz! smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: July 26, 2016 17:45

Some girls Deluxe reissue disc 2 is archive stuff, it's great stuff, awesome stuff but it's old music of almost 40 years ago, after 11 years I wanna a new album of 10-12 good new tunes...Am I asking too much?!?

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: July 26, 2016 19:10

Not quite. As with EXILE RARITIES disc, about half the tracks have new vocals and a quarter of them have new lyrics. There are a few musical overdubs as well. Some of the outtakes have vocal and/or lyrical touch-ups as well. They are hodgepodge releases of new and old material. Starting with FLASHPOINT (a mere 25 years ago), we've become accustomed to the odd studio release turning up between albums. FLASHPOINT, FORTY LICKS, EXILE DELUXE, SOME GIRLS DELUXE, GRRR all have new tracks scattered about the same as ALFIE, THE VERY BEST OF MICK JAGGER, and SUPERHEAVY did. A sign of the times, I'm afraid.

Date: July 26, 2016 21:55

"Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue". Why not?? >grinning smiley<

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 26, 2016 22:21

IanBillen
If they are to release a blues album it would make sense to do such in the fall but actually ...

I mean Fwuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck .. They sure as helllllllll are in no hurry to release an all new studio album .. yet they 'act' like its one of their big priorities... (uh ... ok? Riiiiiiight ...Lol).

Why wait until 2017 .. Might as @#$%& well release it in 2020 .. .. .. ..

Come on Now .. it's been what... Like... 11 years since their last album...?? And they are STILL putting it off... ???? >> It used to be Gimme Shelter... now I'm asking to Gimme a break -

A BIGGER BANG was released on September 5, 2005 so by 9-5-16 it will have been 11 years... any time after that is into the 12th year but no one will say if it comes out, say, 5-1-17 that it's been 12 years, they'd still say 11 years. Or maybe 11 year plus...

I get the point though: WTF? Why wait? What happened to the big deal of recording a new record? Well, perhaps we've been "waiting" ever since, uh, whenever. 2008? At this point what does it matter... 300 studio albums, 500 live releases - no big deal if they don't release another new album, blues covers or originals.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 26, 2016 22:26

IanBillen
HMS
They were just a few days in the studio. The more I think of it, the more I believe all they have are a few fragments a la "Extreme Western Grip". And I dont believe that they were able to cut so many blues tunes within a few days that they can fill an album with. Those songs also have to be prepared and rehearsed, in no way they can go into a studio to cut 5-6 Blues-tunes in one day.
Keith has his problems playing songs that he played a thousand times before, dont tell me he can walk in and record some one-take-Blues-tunes.

Frankly, I do believe they have nothing (or almost nothing). It´s all chitter-chatter and rumours to promote the new tour that will be just the same as the old tour. Nobody has heard any "new stuff" because there isnt any. Nobody can even name one single tune they recorded during their "Blues-session". Maybe Clapton jammend on a song-fragment that never will be finished. I think all they have laid down are a few basic tracks that are in very embryonic stadium.

It actually 'is' very possible to record a blues song / blues songs unrehearsed if you are familiar with the songs (with the odd over-dub or two).

It is possible to record anything in one take ..it happens a lot. At times you'll keep the vocal and drums and bass and simply over dub the guitars or backing vocals or additional instruments etc later).

It is easily possible to do it that way and being as they spent roughly six weeks in the studio thus far (2 weeks in December .. a week or two in April... two or three weeks in June and into July)... there is absolutely no reason why they could not of easily had an album of blues covers ready and additional material in place (the blues tunes are simple songs to record in most situations). If they cannot record an album of old blues 'covers' in six long weeks they might as well pack it up and call it quits (just sayin). The work needed to record an album of blues covers with mixing included could be done in three weeks time .. no kidding.

Jus sayin. They could of had the basic tracks down in two or three days and with a week of overdubs had the entire blues album done recording wise. The rest is up to the mixing. That could be done in a week or so.

HMS is too busy drooling over that vomit pile of an excuse of an album from 1986 to have spent any time listening to their blues B-sides and unreleased blues warm ups and for shits and giggles that they did for all kinds of albums. There are LOADS of them. Half the SOME GIRLS sessions were blues fartings - they even put some of them on the deluxe disc of that reissue.

They have done some good blues of their own that have been released officially on LPs or singles - Cook Cook, Fancy Man, The Storm, Down In A Hole, Break The Spell, Back Of My Hand, Stop Breaking Down and their best, I Ain't Signifying.

But indeed they could cut an album's worth of blues in ONE DAY yet alone one week or one month.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: July 26, 2016 22:57

If they release it in 2017 they an title it "Rolling Stones 55"

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: July 27, 2016 01:36

stones are the boss they will release what they like does not matter blues or new song album hahaha time is on there side. They not in hurry busy making babies, new music is secondery, money is in the concert selling t.shirts $40.00, more than what cd would cost, sixties are gone forever.

Date: July 27, 2016 01:56

mailexile67
Some girls Deluxe reissue disc 2 is archive stuff, it's great stuff, awesome stuff but it's old music of almost 40 years ago, after 11 years I wanna a new album of 10-12 good new tunes...Am I asking too much?!?

I agree... how on earth can you categorize a re-issue with outtakes from 35 years ago as a brand new studio album.....? Some Girls Deluxe was cool and I am glad they did it but it was <not> a new album or new studio album... ...(?)

As well I agree... based on the fact that they have been hinting and saying they are going to release or work on a new studio album for how long now expecting for a new studio album this year based on their blurbs, reports, and implications is >>not<< asking too much at all... lol How can it be? Maybe we should only ask for / expect an album once every 15 years or so .. .. .. ? I suppose to many that is the proper Stones etiquette ... (ha-ha)

It's been 11 years yo ... what is the prob boys??

Ian

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: July 27, 2016 02:25

kish_stoned
stones are the boss they will release what they like does not matter blues or new song album hahaha time is on there side. They not in hurry busy making babies, new music is secondery, money is in the concert selling t.shirts $40.00, more than what cd would cost, sixties are gone forever.

You've got it right, it doesn't matter what they release, sales are terrible except for key artists as Taylor Swift, Adele, etc.

Just take a look at this week's Billboard Top 10:

NEEDTOBREATHE|HARDLOVE ( 1) 46021
KIDZ BOP KIDS|KIDZ BOP 32 ( 2) 28085
DIRTY HEADS|DIRTY HEADS ( 3) 20936
BEYONCE|LEMONADE ( 4) 19839
HAMILTON / O.B.|HAMILTON / O.B( 5) 17707
BLINK-182|CALIFORNIA ( 6) 17294
TYLER*STEVEN|WE'RE ALL SOMEBOD( 7) 16771
LOGIC|BOBBY TARANTINO ( 8) 16493
DRAKE|VIEWS ( 9) 16271
ADELE|25 ( 10) 15135

Also:
JEFF BECK|LOUD HAILER ( 16) 11412
RED HOT CHILI P|GETAWAY ( 22) 8472
CLAPTON*ERIC|I STILL DO (105) 2504

46k for the #1 album, 15k for the #10, almost 2.5k to make the Top 100

Sticky Fingers went to #5 last year selling 33k on first week, enough for a #2 this year, plummeting sales and exploding streaming is the new trending on 2016.

It's all about concerts and t-shirts sales.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 27, 2016 02:39

I'm looking more forward to the blues album than a new studio album of originals ala Bigger Bang.
I can live without another Streets of Love, etc., but would love to hear some vintage Stonesy blues with Clapton in the mix.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...109110111112113114115116117118119...LastNext
Current Page: 114 of 147

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1679
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home