Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6768697071727374757677...LastNext
Current Page: 72 of 147
Re: New Rolling Stones studio album due out in 2016
Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: April 28, 2016 22:40

Bashlets
So Keith is in NYC so obviously they are not recording now.

It's in the can!! hot smiley

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: April 28, 2016 23:15

They'll come back in the studio "at the end of spring" as said Mick in the Brazilian TV interview...So end of May, early June sounds fine to me!winking smileythumbs up

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: April 29, 2016 06:36

mailexile67
They'll come back in the studio "at the end of spring" as said Mick in the Brazilian TV interview...So end of May, early June sounds fine to me!winking smileythumbs up

While Keith claimed they were 'currently' in the studio cutting new stuff during and around the time of Their Exhibition kick off.

I had hoped (as what Keith wanted) that they spend time in the studio still very warm from the South american tour .. Hopefully carrying that energy and enthusiasm into the studio from being hot off the road. It was what Keith suggested. Perhaps they spent some time in there while they were all in London (let's hope).

Ronnie is expecting Twins mid June.. so he will probably have to be by the wifey or at least very close to her for the period in which she is due. So I am not sure how much time they will have .. I am sure he will need to take a couple weeks off with the newborns you'd think. Or at least a week ..

At any rate.. I really wonder how much if anything they did after South America. I was initially under the impression they were working on the album during April?

>> Does 'anybody' know if they have been working on it or what the story is?

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: April 29, 2016 12:19

Jesus Christ, Ronnie is not the first one to become a father and other new-born-fathers have to go to work the very next day. He is a soldier and when the generals call him, he will be there.

He has to be there, otherwise he´d be replaced by MT, Ronnie knows that very well.grinning smiley

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: April 29, 2016 15:02

HMS
Jesus Christ, Ronnie is not the first one to become a father and other new-born-fathers have to go to work the very next day. He is a soldier and when the generals call him, he will be there.

He has to be there, otherwise he´d be replaced by MT, Ronnie knows that very well.grinning smiley

>grinning smiley<

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 29, 2016 15:33

IanBillen
Ronnie is expecting Twins mid June.. so he will probably have to be by the wifey or at least very close to her for the period in which she is due. So I am not sure how much time they will have .. I am sure he will need to take a couple weeks off with the newborns you'd think. Or at least a week ..

They tracked A BIGGER BANG without Ronnie so...

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: April 29, 2016 15:52

No need to panic guys. Even with the groups leisurely work schedule it ought to be perfectly realistic to expect a new album by the Autumn.
They don't seem to have any other obvious professional obligations at the current time to get in the way.
The main issues remain:
-are they getting on in the studio
-is the time being used productively
-is the creative spark still there

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: April 30, 2016 13:15

Why this hype?

It will for sure not be a classic. And they won't play most of the better new songs live anyway.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: April 30, 2016 13:47

I believe it´s going to be a classic. Just like ABB, their first classic since glorious Dirty Work. They know this could probably be their last studio-album, so they will work very hard on it and make every possible effort to make it a good one. Otherwise they wouldnt have entered the studio anyway. They are in to create something to remember.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 30, 2016 14:01

HMS
I believe it´s going to be a classic. Just like ABB, their first classic since glorious Dirty Work. They know this could probably be their last studio-album, so they will work very hard on it and make every possible effort to make it a good one. Otherwise they wouldnt have entered the studio anyway. They are in to create something to remember.

The more they work on it, more polished the production will be, and less we will like it!

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: April 30, 2016 14:16

No real news, no real rumours, why so much mystery around it?!?BV please, tell us something about his "gestation", a little news at least...

Date: April 30, 2016 14:28

Monsoon Ragoon
Why this hype?

It will for sure not be a classic. And they won't play most of the better new songs live anyway.

Can't wait for their next piece of crap album and predictable set list tour. tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: April 30, 2016 17:21

Maindefender
Monsoon Ragoon
Why this hype?

Can't wait for their next piece of crap album and predictable set list tour. tongue sticking out smiley

Two things are sure: it can't be better than DW (which I listened to around 50x) and it can't be worse than the 2015 KR album (forgot the name).

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: April 30, 2016 18:28

mtaylor
HMS

The more they work on it, more polished the production will be, and less we will like it!

Don 'muffled sound' Was thumbs down

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-30 18:29 by KRiffhard.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 30, 2016 18:29

Monsoon Ragoon
Maindefender
Monsoon Ragoon
Why this hype?

Two things are sure: it can't be better than DW (which I listened to around 50x) and it can't be worse than the 2015 KR album (forgot the name).

Time to take your medicine Monsoon.
Jeroen

Date: April 30, 2016 18:38

mailexile67
No real news, no real rumours, why so much mystery around it?!?BV please, tell us something about his "gestation", a little news at least...

BV, why this is not a sticky thread? eye rolling smiley

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 30, 2016 18:58

KRiffhard
mailexile67

Because BV knows more than us..............I think......... if there is no tour planned for the year they will release a new record next year

Date: April 30, 2016 19:24

NICOS
KRiffhard
mailexile67

Because BV knows more than us..............I think......... if there is no tour planned for the year they will release a new record next year

Next year?! I don't think so!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-30 19:24 by KRiffhard.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 30, 2016 23:17

NICOS
KRiffhard
mailexile67

Like BV has stated ...Keep fall free. This means there will be more Stones shows, somewhere, this year Like the Stones have stated..there will be a new album This year.

ciao.

jeroen

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: May 1, 2016 00:52

KRiffhard

Probably because the thread about the Latin America Ole Tour STILL is.
confused smiley spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: May 1, 2016 00:55

KRiffhard
mailexile67

Maybe because it contains only hopes and rumors, not one concrete fact about the stones recording anything?

Date: May 1, 2016 01:09

Monsoon Ragoon
Maindefender
Monsoon Ragoon
Why this hype?

Love your username, not your frame of mind. Peace. smileys with beer

Date: May 1, 2016 08:44

Rokyfan
KRiffhard
mailexile67

Maybe because it contains only hopes and rumors, not one concrete fact about the stones recording anything?

Maybe i'm wrong but there aren't only hopes and rumors...

ca. 3rd - 16th December, 2015: London, John Henry's Studios, rehearsals & British Grove Studios, sessions
[www.nzentgraf.de]

"We’ve been in the studio, just before Christmas. We were cutting some new tracks, and no doubt when this is all finished, at the end of the Spring, we’ll do some more" MJ

“We did sessions in London in December, which suddenly gave us a whole load of stuff. The Stones have never cut so many tracks in such a short time" KR

“We're actually in the studio at the moment cutting new stuff” KR

“We went in to cut some new songs, which we did – but we got on a blues streak. We cut 11 blues tracks in two days. They are extremely great cover versions of Howlin' Wolf and Little Walter, among other blues people. When we heard them back after not hearing them for a couple of months, we were like, ‘Who’s that? It's you!’ It sounded so authentic" RW

Asked when fans can expect new material, he (Ronnie Wood) added: “This year (2016)”

That’s in the can – although it might be a surprise to people, and I can’t say any more than that right now" KR

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-01 09:40 by KRiffhard.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: May 1, 2016 12:38

KRiffhard
Rokyfan
KRiffhard
mailexile67

Maybe i'm wrong but there aren't only hopes and rumors...

ca. 3rd - 16th December, 2015: London, John Henry's Studios, rehearsals & British Grove Studios, sessions
[www.nzentgraf.de]

"We’ve been in the studio, just before Christmas. We were cutting some new tracks, and no doubt when this is all finished, at the end of the Spring, we’ll do some more" MJ

“We did sessions in London in December, which suddenly gave us a whole load of stuff. The Stones have never cut so many tracks in such a short time" KR

“We're actually in the studio at the moment cutting new stuff” KR

“We went in to cut some new songs, which we did – but we got on a blues streak. We cut 11 blues tracks in two days. They are extremely great cover versions of Howlin' Wolf and Little Walter, among other blues people. When we heard them back after not hearing them for a couple of months, we were like, ‘Who’s that? It's you!’ It sounded so authentic" RW

Asked when fans can expect new material, he (Ronnie Wood) added: “This year (2016)”

That’s in the can – although it might be a surprise to people, and I can’t say any more than that right now" KR

This.
smileys with beer

Date: May 1, 2016 14:25

There has been so much good new music recently the Stones will be step up big time!!

Date: May 1, 2016 19:16

jlowe
Will check when EC's new album is released to see which studio(s) were used.

By the way, another thread states that Keith is back in NYC.
Does that mean the main recording sessions are done, or is it just a break?

Probably are British Groves Studios in London where was recorded "The Breeze: An Appreciation of JJ Cale by Eric Clapton & Friends (2014).

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: May 2, 2016 05:45

KRiffhard
mpj200
Rocky Dijon
Well, I am a smartass, mpj200. At least when I'm in a good mood.

Meantime, I don't recall for certain, but I believe you were the one with info about the London sessions first, correct?

Correct.

Please Mpj...give us some news! smiling bouncing smiley

Haven't talk to any of them in a while. Giving them space. And some of you guys should lay off Clapton. He just guested on a few tracks. Nobody said anything about him touring. And yes, Keith has been in NY. Doesn't mean the album isn't moving toward. Patience.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: May 2, 2016 07:39

GasLightStreet
IanBillen

True .. not all of it but much of it they did. Ronnie came later and played over (was over dubbed) on several songs.

However I get the perception this is a more band oriented / collective effort from the outset. At least that is the way they spoke of it what and how they started things this time. It was not the typical Keith writes with Mick for a month or so before getting the other guys involved. It sounds as if this is a 'band' oriented project thus far (just sayin.. and based on what they said and how they spoke of what they did thus far).

Ian

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 2, 2016 07:46

IanBillen
GasLightStreet
IanBillen

True .. not all of it but much of it they did. Ronnie came later and played over (was over dubbed) on several songs.

However I get the perception this is a more band oriented / collective effort from the outset. At least that is the way they spoke of it what and how they started things this time. It was not the typical Keith writes with Mick for a month or so before getting the other guys involved. It sounds as if this is a 'band' oriented project thus far (just sayin.. and based on what they said and how they spoke of what they did thus far).

Ian

What do you make of Mick's comments prior to recording that, to paraphrase: "I've got a bunch of demos already recorded to bring to the table".

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: May 2, 2016 07:52

mpj200
Haven't talk to any of them in a while. Giving them space. And some of you guys should lay off Clapton. He just guested on a few tracks. Nobody said anything about him touring. And yes, Keith has been in NY. Doesn't mean the album isn't moving toward. Patience.

Funniest post in a long time. Thank you for that.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6768697071727374757677...LastNext
Current Page: 72 of 147

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1915
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home