Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 147
Re: Keith Richards: New Rolling Stones Record Coming Next Year
Posted by: 1969Fan ()
Date: November 15, 2015 21:18

treaclefingers
1969Fan
If the Stones do record a new album, anything they do, no matter how well it may stand on its own, will be compared to what they recorded 1968-1971. I don't know why they would put themselves in that position. They have nothing to win and everything to lose.

This is an opinion...I don't have any insight to the Stones or the music business...but IMHO the Stones are now a touring band, not a recording band. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. They've given us some of the best songs ever recorded, and people want to hear them play them.

Well, for one, if there is an ounce of creativity in their respective bodies, they may like to tap into that one more time with each other, to see if they can recreate 'the magic'.

You ask why they'd put themselves in that position...well, because they have over and over again for 44 years since your 68-71 and it hasn't tarnished their legacy yet, so even if it was a flop it wouldn't matter to the legacy.

I don't think they necessarily feel the 'pressure' as much as you do!

So bring it on I say!

Good counterpoint, treaclefingers. Rock On! Maybe the can recreate the magic. Even if it's only for a tune or two. Saint of Me is an example. Great song.

Posted by: KeefTaylor72 ()
Date: November 16, 2015 05:02

I agree 1969Fan, "Saint of Me" is one of those real classic Stones-tunes. If Mick's vocals were a bit lower in the mix, if Keith added a bit more of his rhythm guitar groove and there was more of a Wyman-like Bass riff to mesh with Watts drumming in the tune it would have been a monster classic!! Great tune, great lyrics just a bit too "Jagger-dominanant" to be Stones classic. If only a bit more COLLABORATION!!! That's all they need!!! smiling smiley)

Posted by: KeefTaylor72 ()
Date: November 16, 2015 05:10

What they need really badly us a Producer (not Was) who has the courage to tell them when a song needs more input from the rest of the band, a bass player who fits in better and how to push Jagger/Richards for better songwriting and more interesting lyrics!!! If this happens, we are sure to get a "classic Stones album"!!!

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: November 16, 2015 08:15

KeefTaylor72
What they need really badly us a Producer (not Was) who has the courage to tell them when a song needs more input from the rest of the band, a bass player who fits in better and how to push Jagger/Richards for better songwriting and more interesting lyrics!!! If this happens, we are sure to get a "classic Stones album"!!!

i'm willing to produce it and write the lyrics, but someone else is going to have to play bass.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: November 16, 2015 08:33

KeefTaylor72

They have been surrounded by asslickers for so long now that my hopes are not exactly high for any change in their recording routine. Most people in the music biz are simply proud to put the Stones on their reference client list and therefore won't risk any arguments that would endanger their position. I mean, as a fan on a message board it's easy to say that Sweet NeoCon sucks, but who would really say that straight into the face of, let's say Jagger and risk to get fired from a lucrative job?

Date: November 16, 2015 10:24

KeefTaylor72

Darryl isn't really playing a lot on Stones records. I'm sure Keith and Ronnie can handle the bass like they've done in the past.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: November 16, 2015 11:32

DandelionPowderman
KeefTaylor72

Darryl isn't really playing a lot on Stones records. I'm sure Keith and Ronnie can handle the bass like they've done in the past.

Darryl makes Charlie swing extra hot....I vote for a 'Jazzier' new Stones-album this time...Rock is for youngsters...tongue sticking out smiley

2 1 2 0

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: November 16, 2015 11:48

Come On

Darryl makes Charlie swing extra hot....I vote for a 'Jazzier' new Stones-album this time...Rock is for youngsters...tongue sticking out smiley

I like the way you think, Come On. smoking smiley

Date: November 16, 2015 11:52

Come On
DandelionPowderman
KeefTaylor72

But he never played «jazzier» with the Stones...

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: November 16, 2015 11:58

DandelionPowderman
Come On
DandelionPowderman
KeefTaylor72

But he never played «jazzier» with the Stones...

No but it's time for new songs for a new album...new Jazzier songs...I Heard Keith play jazz on his guitar a couple of times...

2 1 2 0

Date: November 16, 2015 18:24

What about an album of Spanish guitar music...

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: November 16, 2015 18:27

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: November 24, 2015 20:11

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: November 25, 2015 01:54

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 25, 2015 17:14

KRiffhard
DandelionPowderman
matxil
DandelionPowderman
corriecas
i am sure there will be at least One great song with it!!!! and looking forward to it, like a kid for his birtday presents, or for his first night he will have sex .

Jeroen

There are ALWAYS great songs on Stones albums – no exceptions! smileys with beer

If you put it like that... So all their latest albums are basically a lot of songs that are only there as package of two or three great songs.

Well, personally I think there are more than two or three great songs on those albums.

However, I know people see that differently, but imo there is always great stuff on their albums.

...i'm still searching for 'great' songs on 'A Bigger Bang'!

I gave up searching for even one great song on DIRTY WORK. A BIGGER BANG has some great songs.

But what context is it in? 2005 context? Rolling Stones context? The Big 4 context? It's very variable, these last 5 Stones albums from the past... 29 years (think about that number for a minute - and the last album came out over 10 years ago!). In that context? A BIGGER BANG is possibly their most solid album from 1986 to 2005.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 26, 2015 08:09

GasLightStreet
KRiffhard
DandelionPowderman
matxil
DandelionPowderman
corriecas
i am sure there will be at least One great song with it!!!! and looking forward to it, like a kid for his birtday presents, or for his first night he will have sex .

Jeroen

There are ALWAYS great songs on Stones albums – no exceptions! smileys with beer

If you put it like that... So all their latest albums are basically a lot of songs that are only there as package of two or three great songs.

Well, personally I think there are more than two or three great songs on those albums.

However, I know people see that differently, but imo there is always great stuff on their albums.

I gave up searching for even one great song on DIRTY WORK. A BIGGER BANG has some great songs.

But what context is it in? 2005 context? Rolling Stones context? The Big 4 context? It's very variable, these last 5 Stones albums from the past... 29 years (think about that number for a minute - and the last album came out over 10 years ago!). In that context? A BIGGER BANG is possibly their most solid album from 1986 to 2005.

I was thrilled to get Doom & Gloom...if there's even one classic song on a new album I'll be happy. We can hope for more tho'...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 26, 2015 08:30

SEE Carnaby's at it again ... ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

ROCKMAN

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: November 26, 2015 11:30

treaclefingers
GasLightStreet
KRiffhard
DandelionPowderman
matxil
DandelionPowderman
corriecas

Jeroen

I was thrilled to get Doom & Gloom...if there's even one classic song on a new album I'll be happy. We can hope for more tho'...

No, I wouldn't, knowing that instead of working on an album "with just one classic song", both Keith and Mick could do their own things, with much more satisfaction for themselves and the people who are into what either of them makes separately (or both). I - for one - would prefer if Keith would tour behind Crosseyed Heart, and promote the album a bit more, especially the soul part of it.
Of course, if the Stones *would* produce a great album again, I would be very happy, but given that this hasn't happened in 34 years (since Tattoo You), I find this unlikely.

Date: November 26, 2015 11:33

treaclefingers
GasLightStreet
KRiffhard
DandelionPowderman
matxil
DandelionPowderman
corriecas

Jeroen

It's been over 30 years since they recorded a classic song. But, yes, we can hope for as many as we want to.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: November 26, 2015 11:48

Turner68
It's been over 30 years since they recorded a classic song. But, yes, we can hope for as many as we want to.

Last time they recorded a classic song was in 2012. Doom And Gloom is outstanding. Last time they recorded a full-length classic album was in 1986. Later albums unfortunately suffer from too much songs generally. I hope they´ve learned their lesson. 10 decent songs is better than 2 greats and 15 so-so´s.
Give us 37 minutes.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: November 26, 2015 15:30

'Doom and Gloom' a classic?!! Imo is a decent Goddess outtake/Mick's solo song and nothing more.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-26 15:38 by KRiffhard.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: November 26, 2015 15:39

We'll know what we got when it reaches our ears, oh to be a fly on the wall at these sessions. Can't wait for the early recording reports from insiders and some of the trusted(?) media. I'm cautiously optimistic that these great musicians create a solid effort they can be proud of >grinning smiley<>grinning smiley<

Date: November 26, 2015 15:48

1969Fan
treaclefingers
1969Fan
If the Stones do record a new album, anything they do, no matter how well it may stand on its own, will be compared to what they recorded 1968-1971. I don't know why they would put themselves in that position. They have nothing to win and everything to lose.

This is an opinion...I don't have any insight to the Stones or the music business...but IMHO the Stones are now a touring band, not a recording band. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. They've given us some of the best songs ever recorded, and people want to hear them play them.

Well, for one, if there is an ounce of creativity in their respective bodies, they may like to tap into that one more time with each other, to see if they can recreate 'the magic'.

You ask why they'd put themselves in that position...well, because they have over and over again for 44 years since your 68-71 and it hasn't tarnished their legacy yet, so even if it was a flop it wouldn't matter to the legacy.

I don't think they necessarily feel the 'pressure' as much as you do!

So bring it on I say!

Good counterpoint, treaclefingers. Rock On! Maybe the can recreate the magic. Even if it's only for a tune or two. Saint of Me is an example. Great song.

Come on, 1969Fan, why you worried about a new LP tarnishing their legacy and not chomping up the bit at all of 68-72 when they made DIRTY WORK?

They can't get any worse than that.

Date: November 26, 2015 15:49

HMS
Turner68

Last time they recorded a classic song was in 2012. Doom And Gloom is outstanding. Last time they recorded a full-length classic album was in 1986. Later albums unfortunately suffer from too much songs generally. I hope they´ve learned their lesson. 10 decent songs is better than 2 greats and 15 so-so´s.
Give us 37 minutes.

Pure tripe. How do you ingest your bunk - snorting or fluid? Oh and by the way, since you choose to be so oblivious, the Stones don't learn lessons, they piss anywhere.

Date: November 26, 2015 15:55

matxil
Of course, if the Stones *would* produce a great album again, I would be very happy, but given that this hasn't happened in 34 years (since Tattoo You), I find this unlikely.

Like I said on several occasions: Reduce the last albums to only 9-10 songs on each album and you got the great (at least solid or good-very good) albums you are looking for. Shortening these albums is a massive improve.

Date: November 26, 2015 15:58

KRiffhard
'Doom and Gloom' a classic?!! Imo is a decent Goddess outtake/Mick's solo song and nothing more.

It doesnt matter who wrote which song, as long as it is a good one and ends up on a Stones-album. Some great Stones songs were recorded without any contribution of core members.

Date: November 26, 2015 16:01

HMS
KRiffhard

It doesnt matter who wrote which song, as long as it is a good one and ends up on a Stones-album. Some great Stones songs were recorded without any contribution of core members.

How would you know that? Those songs are on STICKY FINGERS and EXILE ON MAIN STREET.

Date: November 26, 2015 16:05

GasLightStreet

Come on, 1969Fan, why you worried about a new LP tarnishing their legacy and not chomping up the bit at all of 68-72 when they made DIRTY WORK?

They already got worse than that on the Steel Wheels-album. And there are a lot of tracks on the following albums I consider worse than anything on DW.

If they come up with an album so powerful as DW in the future, we can be very satisfied.

Date: November 26, 2015 16:30

HMS
GasLightStreet

They already got worse than that on the Steel Wheels-album. And there are a lot of tracks on the following albums I consider worse than anything on DW.

If they come up with an album so powerful as DW in the future, we can be very satisfied.

Really, stop doing LSD. Calling DW 'powerful' is equivalent to saying George W Bush is a smart person.

There is ZERO truth to it.

Date: November 26, 2015 16:37

DW has strong vocals and brilliant guitar work and you know that.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 147

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1458
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home