Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: Spotify
Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: September 2, 2015 02:17

My son got me set up on this thing for a 3 month trial pro version - I'm sure some of you are using it already but it's pretty damn impressive how much music is at your fingertips - anyone have any reviews good or bad?

U don't want my pants to fall down now do ya...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-02 11:48 by bv.

Re: Spotify
Posted by: Olly ()
Date: September 2, 2015 02:50

I had a free account back in 2009, but haven't used it for years.

I didn't pay anything for the access and even with the free account I could access a huge amount of music. The only annoying aspect was the adverts, which I imagine can be avoided if you're a paying customer.

Olly.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 2, 2015 03:35

Welcome to the 21st century. It beats the hell out of FM radio. Access to huge libraries of music and you can import your personal music collection... But....

But there are bugs, people have lost playlists they spent hours working on, you can only sync to three devices and if you try to break the rules by accident or purposefully they penalize you with deletions, and you don't really own anything and can't export playlists to friends. Very friendly with the import functions, not so friendly with the export stuff.

It's addictive and designed to keep you hooked and signed up forever. If you just use it to stream new music you never want to own it's great, integrating with the music you own and playlists you create, not so great.

Enjoy it umakmehrd but beware of the addiction and aware of the playlist ownership issues. smoking smiley

Date: September 2, 2015 03:52

Haha knew a jab like that was coming... I did try the free version a long time ago also some others like slacker radio but just deleted them - but I must say being able to make up playlists etc and listen to them offline in the car/gym etc its pretty frickin awesome and yes your right addicting... Thank you for the playlist issue's I will keep an eye on that.

Cheers,

Posted by: TeaAtThree ()
Date: September 2, 2015 04:58

I have the paid version, and it's awesome! Tons of music, simple to navigate. Having had albums, cassettes, CDs, and digital files, one of the things I love (as an example) is to pull up a tune from the triple LP Yessongs -- that I would never buy again, and there it is.

T@3

Posted by: catchinem ()
Date: September 2, 2015 05:04

Delete

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-02 17:06 by catchinem.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 2, 2015 07:01

It's great for those ridiculous box sets that were incomplete that I never will buy.

Date: September 2, 2015 08:56

Deletions? You sure that's not the artists judt taking off albums and songs? That happens, for instance with the Kinks...

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: September 2, 2015 09:25

Friday evening, 8 cl bourbon, Sinatra on the turntable...No Spotify for me smiling smiley

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: September 2, 2015 09:34

Ha, about a month ago I heard the name "Spotify" for the very first time. Now it might be the third or the fourth time I come across it. I have never seen it, of course I have never used it. Am I being an internet retard? Have I finally done it? :-)

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: September 2, 2015 09:36

Come On
Friday evening, 8 cl bourbon, Sinatra on the turntable...No Spotify for me smiling smiley

Grandad winking smiley

No, seriously, I use iTunes almost exclusively, but that is as far as it goes. I am a little hesitant with technology and certainly have no inclanation to check-out Spotify. The same applies to social media, which I detest.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: September 2, 2015 11:02

I had the Premium version for some months. It is good. I usually play something on spotify when I am at bed with my smartphone.

Have a nice day.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: September 2, 2015 11:28

Big Al
Come On

Grandad winking smiley

quote]

Soon perhaps, but at my home it's the kids who scream: turn down the sound! When I play my old punk-titles ...and Stones, and Frank...smoking smiley

2 1 2 0

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-02 11:29 by Come On.

Re: OT: Spotify
Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: September 2, 2015 18:13

I had Spotify but shit-canned it after I tried Pandora. I think Pandora is MUCH better.

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: September 2, 2015 19:01

Bungo
I had Spotify but shit-canned it after I tried Pandora. I think Pandora is MUCH better.

Free Pandora repeats alot

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 2, 2015 19:06

Pandora is interesting to a point. While it's a genre or artist tailored radio show, you don't necessarily hear what you want.

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: September 2, 2015 20:15

Spotify Premium! Hundrerds of thousands of songs just a click away!

Really, what's not to like?

Posted by: snarky ()
Date: September 2, 2015 20:46

spotify is very stones friendly....get phone plan with unlimited data and you're set!...u can play music anywhere...otherwise it will use up all your data...no zeppelin beatles or ac/dc though....or jagger solo...hahahah

Date: September 2, 2015 21:22

snarky
spotify is very stones friendly....get phone plan with unlimited data and you're set!...u can play music anywhere...otherwise it will use up all your data...no zeppelin beatles or ac/dc though....or jagger solo...hahahah

You can save playlists/ albums to play offline (with premium) - just make sure you go to settings -playback- choose offline and your data is safe unless of course you do have unlimited the who gives a S%#$ just let er Rip !!

Date: September 2, 2015 22:18

but that is only with premium correct?...not with free service

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: September 2, 2015 23:14

snarky

No Zeppelin, AC/DC or Jagger? Check again.

Date: September 2, 2015 23:20

wow you're right my bad...now apple music aint got nothin on em...cept beatles

Date: September 3, 2015 00:10

snarky
but that is only with premium correct?...not with free service

Yes only with premium which will be 10 bucks cdn a month - good price for the service

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: September 3, 2015 00:32

Have no idea about Spotify. Tried Pandora and it didn't do much for me. Main listening these days is satellite radio jacked into an old Magnavox console hi-fi. Tons of music of many genres, highly recommend it if you don't have it, but I know satellite radio isn't found everywhere. It costs about $15 or so per month.

Other listening is rediscovering my CD collection and playing albums all the way through. It's like finding a lost world of music. Listening is accompanied by a hit or two of Remy VSOP. There's something about good music and very good cognac that can't be beat.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: September 3, 2015 01:19

Only use it to find extraordinary songs I can't find on torrents sites........

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: September 3, 2015 14:47

NICOS
Only use it to find extraordinary songs I can't find on torrents sites........

The reason I signed up for a Premium account was being fed up with having to download everything. No I check out a release on Spotify and buy the vinyl if I like what I hear.

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: September 3, 2015 16:31

I love Spotify for checking out music I know nothing about. New artists people recommend, etc. I can listen to entire albums and decide if I dig it enough to go buy it. Mostly, I still buy cds, occasionally download. But for me, Spotify is awesome that way. I love it. I just use the free version, but am always flirting with the idea of forking out the $120 or whatever it is to go premium.

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: September 3, 2015 18:43

As far as FREE versions, Pandora is much better than Spotify.

As far as PAY versions. I wouldn't know.

Which begs the questions : How many Pay Levels do each have and how much money for each?

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: September 3, 2015 19:07

Bungo, why is Pandora better? I haven't used it in years...

Posted by: 68to72 ()
Date: September 3, 2015 19:54

I use it a lot.....and love it.

Plug my laptop in to my old hi fi and let it go through my playlists, the sound is something else!

Everyone should give it a go .smoking smiley

What a drag it is gettin' old

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1399
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home