Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Formula For Next Album
Posted by: jaggered1 ()
Date: September 1, 2015 09:59

1. 1 Chuck Berry [Maybe Nadine?]
2. Otis Redding [Dock Of The Bay]
3. 6 New Mick & Keith songs.
4. 2 Rare Blues
5. 2 Reggae
6. 1 Tom Waits Ballad

Re: Formula For Next Album
Posted by: matxil ()
Date: September 1, 2015 11:23

Instead of "6 New Mick & Keith Songs", more likely it will be 2 new Keith songs and 4 new Mick songs.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: September 1, 2015 11:26

18 nice country & Western-standards would be great...thumbs up

with guests like Toby Keith and Willie Nelson...Lucinda...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: fela ()
Date: September 1, 2015 11:33

50 years of no formula .. thats the formula

Posted by: Tops ()
Date: September 1, 2015 11:38

A little bit of discofunk (Thinkgrinning smileyance pt 1/Everything is turning to Gold/Sweet Thing)
1 Reggae
Tom Waits kind of jazzyballad (Keith singing)
At least 1 with the Micks falsetto
MT guest on 1-2 songs
1-2 dirty blues numbers (Thinktongue sticking out smileyarachute Woman)
1 soulgospel (but don't written to work in arenas) (Think Let it loose. Don't Think Saint Of Me)

And some other tunes...
Maximum 11 songs....

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: September 1, 2015 12:10

My goodness, if there ever is to be another album, let it in advance be an unformulaic one. An album that the band itself wants to create. One album that we won't be able to construct a formula for, until it is delivered and presents its own "formula" to us in hindsight. And as such only to be discovered in hindsight after much listening, much reflection and much discussion, what kind of album this would be.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: September 1, 2015 12:25

An album with 10 or 12 songs will be ok, imo.

A great first track like RJ was for ABB, some dirty blues (acoustic and electric) maybe with Mick Taylor and some classic Stones' tracks.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: September 1, 2015 13:04

If there should be a new album, they will stick to the well-known formula.

A couple of rockers - some of you will later call them "Stones-by-numbers" -, an outlaw-ballad plus a rocker sung by Keith, a groovy, funky number and two dreadful overacted cheesy ballads sung by Mick. Mick will also do two radio-friendly midtempo tunes. Maybe a reggae-tune and maybe they dare to do a blues-number. Maybe Keith will let Mick get away with a very modern-trendy sounding tune, depends on His Keefnes´ mood... and there will be NO Mick Taylor on the record.

And of course the album will be much too long, carrying at least 16 songs, so it will have it´s quota of fillers.

They will not reinvent themselves at their age.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: September 1, 2015 13:31

I'm looking forward to several "Trans-Atlantic Rockers".....winking smileywinking smiley

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: September 1, 2015 13:44

A new album you say?

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: September 1, 2015 13:47

I am afraid I agree with the prognosis of HMS on this one.

In order to have them create a really good album, on the level of their Magnificent Seven, they should do the following:

1) lock themselves up for at least 6 months, somewhere isolated without internet, radio, tv, discotheques
2) not invite anybody, no guest-players, no producers, no friendly actors, no journalists
3) play each day, drunk and sober

Maybe, maybe, that would result in something suprising. Or in world war IV.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: September 1, 2015 15:46

A complete album with only Gordon Lightfoot covers. Followed by a world tour
with the same.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: September 1, 2015 16:30

HMS got it right, a new album with 15-16 songs, about 13 Mick's songs (already written by now) and a couple of new ones by Keith, recording in 2-3 weeks (fast Stones' yet on Keith's words), mix and overdubs on 2 more weeks and that's it.

Date: September 1, 2015 16:32

Let's try Keith's formula this time: Write a wide range of country, blues and rock, cut the tracks on tape and let the music come first, not the song structures.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: September 1, 2015 16:34

Consider:

An instrumental track (STONED 2015)

A Ronnie Wood composition

A joint composition 4 plus Darryl plus Chuck, all contributing and all receiving a share of the royalties as in the old Nanker Phelge publishing era.

Doom and Gloom Live.....or the other one whose name escapes me

Posted by: DirtyT ()
Date: September 1, 2015 17:09

One Wood song would be great.....

NO DON WAS......is really important
VERY IMPORTANT!

Posted by: cowboytoast ()
Date: September 1, 2015 17:23

PLEASE...no songs creditied to "Jagger/Richards/Leavell"

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: September 1, 2015 17:31

Don Was should not even be allowed to clean the floor of the recording studio. It is indeed VERY IMPORTANT to have him NOT producing the album.

A few minutes ago I´ve learned that Keith wants to get the boys back in he studio (he is saying that for years), but not before april next year. And he said after a tour the boys do not want to work... So maybe a new album is indeed only Keith´s wishful thinking... he has to convince Charlie first, Ronnie follows orders anyway. What Mick wants to do is unimportantsmiling smiley

To be honest I am worried, first there was talking the Stones record a new album in fall, now it´s spring next year and only Keith seems to know about this date. It´s all so very confusing, I will end up completely desperate and out of my mind. I´ll contact a fortune teller as soon as possible.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: September 1, 2015 17:41

End of October/November of this year about three weeks, then May next year about one month till June.Releasing Dateconfused smileyeptember/October 2016 these are my expectations...

P.S....With ABB has been almost the same...

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: September 1, 2015 17:43

smiling bouncing smiley

This thread is a lot of fun!

By the way, if they pull out something like the bonus material from "Some Girls" I'd be satisfied!

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: September 1, 2015 17:50

DandelionPowderman
Let's try Keith's formula this time: Write a wide range of country, blues and rock, cut the tracks on tape and let the music come first, not the song structures.

I was wondering if we could drum up a petition or something to get mick Jagger out of the band? That would take care of most of the problems, no?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 1, 2015 18:11

To quote the recent Uncut review of Keith's new solo effort:

"If Crosseyed Heart is an indication of where a potential new Stones album might one day go,
then this is the kind of record you'd wish they'd make"

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: September 1, 2015 18:19

DandelionPowderman

Absolutely agree thumbs up

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: September 1, 2015 18:24

How about a rock opera?

Date: September 1, 2015 18:24

Come On
18 nice country & Western-standards would be great...thumbs up

with guests like Toby Keith and Willie Nelson...Lucinda...

I agree. It's time.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 1, 2015 18:34

LongBeachArena72
DandelionPowderman

I was wondering if we could drum up a petition or something to get mick Jagger out of the band? That would take care of most of the problems, no?

LOL. No doubt Mick has most of the songs already written for the next one, song structure is a given, imo. Let's just hope Keith is inspired enough by them to contribute some of his juju. I think the days of using the studio to do most of the development work on tunes is probably long past for these two.

We did get a rumor before the last tour that a "back to roots" effort would be forthcoming. That could mean a lot of things with the Stones, my best hope would be the BB, LIB roots, more of a folksy approach than a "modern" rock one. It's all about the songs. Bring on some good ones! I also get the feeling this will/could be the last one so perhaps they will make an extra effort to make sure it is superb. Let em take all the time they need to get it right.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: September 1, 2015 19:14

I am convinced, with Keith saying the earliest possible start for a new Stones album would be in April after their S A tour, means there is never going to be another Stones album. Given their ages and the fact that Keith also said they never want to record after a tour.
You might get another solo Mick album and maybe another solo Keith album if Crosseyed Heart goes down well with people.
But i don't think Mick wants to record with Keith. Its blatantly obvious to me..

Date: September 1, 2015 19:32

He new Keith record is starting to sound like it's better than any stones album we could have hoped for. Certainly better than ABB and Babylon

Date: September 1, 2015 20:00

End of October/November first sessions about two/three weeks, then in May next year they continue recording...If they want come back in US or Europe as it seems after a couple of years only,they want make it with new stuff out, sure!!Next year will be the right time for a new studio Album!

Date: September 1, 2015 20:01

A little bit of Faith, please!!winking smileycool smileycool smileythumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1709
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home