Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Formula For Next Album
Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: September 1, 2015 20:21

Only 8 9 songs, no crap/filler. A return to rootsy blues, raw, ramshackle and uncomplicated. Simplicity is freedom. Mick to open his heart when singing.smileys with beer

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: September 1, 2015 20:38

Hahaha, Keith does a song on his album that was also covered by Tom Waits, and now suddenly people want the Stones to record a "Tom Waits (kind of jazzy) ballad".

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 1, 2015 21:01

Maindefender
I'm looking forward to several "Trans-Atlantic Rockers".....winking smileywinking smiley

You beat me to it, if "Heartstopper" is one of them, I wouldn't mind!

georgelicks
HMS got it right, a new album with 15-16 songs, about 13 Mick's songs (already written by now) and a couple of new ones by Keith, recording in 2-3 weeks (fast Stones' yet on Keith's words), mix and overdubs on 2 more weeks and that's it.

It could be worse, i.e. Mick emailing the demos he did with Matt Clifford to Don Was so he can get the others to add some overdubs on them. Still that makes me sad...although everyone will probably be excited for the first five listens then it will be downhill from there...a pretty consistent pattern, since hum...well at least 1983. Although B2B did have a couple more memorable songs that warrants going back to it from time to time.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: September 1, 2015 21:07

The right formula is:
-nothing similar to A Bigger Bang;
-no others 'Suck on the jugular', 'Sweethearts Together', 'Losing my touch', 'Keys to your love' and 'Stealing my heart';
-no Mick's solo song ala 'Alfie' or 'Goddes'...please Mick write something like you did with Wandering Spirit!;
-they can use a couple of good old outtakes like 'Not the way to go', 'You got it made' or 'Eliza'.

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: September 1, 2015 22:11

These cats ain't getting any younger they better not wait to long to get in the studio

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: September 1, 2015 22:28

Just go back to basic..........let it all hang out.......and skip the producers they used the last 30 years.........

Posted by: rcfoxy ()
Date: September 1, 2015 23:02

I would want 12-15 Jagger/Richards songs (No covers) with a mix of Rockers/Country and anything else. Each studio album since SW has got progressively better IMO so I would expect/hope that will continue.

Cheers
Richard - In Another Land

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: September 1, 2015 23:42

DirtyT
One Wood song would be great.....

NO DON WAS......is really important
VERY IMPORTANT!

Of course.

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: September 1, 2015 23:56

KRiffhard
The right formula is:
-nothing similar to A Bigger Bang;
-no others 'Suck on the jugular', 'Sweethearts Together', 'Losing my touch', 'Keys to your love' and 'Stealing my heart';
-no Mick's solo song ala 'Alfie' or 'Goddes'...please Mick write something like you did with Wandering Spirit!;
-they can use a couple of good old outtakes like 'Not the way to go', 'You got it made' or 'Eliza'.

and, not to forget the most important element:
-no mick jagger!

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: September 2, 2015 00:02

DirtyT
One Wood song would be great.....

NO DON WAS......is really important
VERY IMPORTANT!

Was is a fine producer.

Olly.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: September 2, 2015 00:04

rcfoxy
I would want 12-15 Jagger/Richards songs (No covers) with a mix of Rockers/Country and anything else. Each studio album since SW has got progressively better IMO so I would expect/hope that will continue.

Totally agree!

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: September 2, 2015 00:16

If MJ Desire > 0 = New Stones Album
If MJ Desire </= 0 = No New Stones Album

Very simple actually. It doesn't matter what any of the Stones (who aren't MJ), their management, their families, their friends or their fans want. If MJ wants it, we'll get it. If MJ doesn't want it, it'll never happen. Possibly CW saying "no" could stop it from happening. Also KR or RW could veto but I doubt either of them would.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: September 2, 2015 00:21

mr_dja
If MJ Desire > 0 = New Stones Album
If MJ Desire </= 0 = No New Stones Album

Very simple actually. It doesn't matter what any of the Stones (who aren't MJ), their management, their families, their friends or their fans want. If MJ wants it, we'll get it. If MJ doesn't want it, it'll never happen. Possibly CW saying "no" could stop it from happening. Also KR or RW could veto but I doubt either of them would.

Peace,
Mr DJA

There's got to be a solution. Jagger is the source of so many of these problems. Is David Coverdale available? Paul Rodgers? Anybody? David Lee Roth?

Free Keith!

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: September 2, 2015 00:40

I just want an honest, heart felt album that truly reflects their age. I no longer want to hear Mick singing about t-ts, C-cks. At age 73 its kind of gross and creepy even if you have the body of a 20 year old. As Keith said when promoting TIC- "been there, done that" referring to Jagger's yellow football pants circa 1981/1982.
if you can only muster great ballads like NO EXPECTATIONS, WINTER I am good with that. I don't want it pretentious ie. SHARKS WILL CRY, ONNYA, or SOL. 10 good tracks with a running time of 45 minutes maximum. No filler.

and yes folks, I still believe the talent is there to pull this off. Whether or not the motivation still exists is an entirely different matter.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: September 2, 2015 01:59

Just BE The Rolling Stones. THAT'S my formula for them. THEY'VE been pretty successful...

Rod

Posted by: Moonshine ()
Date: September 2, 2015 22:27

rcfoxy

Nailed it

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: September 2, 2015 22:54

No formula.

But they should not try to avoid writing a country song like they seemingly have last time around when it came to making a new album.

Also, a lead vocal cameo from Ronnie would be a very nice treat.

And Manny Maroquin turned out to be an excellent fit as an engineer for the Stones on the new tracks for GRRR, so why not involve him on the production side a bit more?

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1824
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home