Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

-c-
Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: September 1, 2015 00:12

-c-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-23 20:34 by LongBeachArena72.

Re: Do you think Keith or Mick ever looks at the other and thinks ...
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 1, 2015 00:18

I think yeah.
As well they should.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: September 1, 2015 01:26

I kind of thought this when I saw Shine A Light. Towards the end of As Tears Go By, when Keith is sitting watching Mick singing.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 1, 2015 01:39

I'm sure they do, as it is something very special they have helped create.

But I wonder if Mick will look at Keith the next time they're onstage and think "damn Keith that is an excellent solo album you released "....

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 1, 2015 01:42

We all know that rock'n'roll is not a young man's game and ...

Did you mean to say IS a young man's game?

Posted by: IrisC ()
Date: September 1, 2015 01:43

Great question my answer would be yes. Keith has said many times that Mick was the best. Funny can't remember Mick saying that about Keith.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: September 1, 2015 01:52

IrisC
Great question my answer would be yes. Keith has said many times that Mick was the best. Funny can't remember Mick saying that about Keith.

Keith isn't as insecure a person as mick, that's why Keith is able to say it and not mick.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: September 1, 2015 02:10

Hairball

But I wonder if Mick will look at Keith the next time they're onstage and think "damn Keith that is an excellent solo album you released "....

I read a Keith interview.....Mick went round Keith's place just after he released Talk is cheap, Keith put it on and after a while went to the kitchen for something, as he was coming back he could see through the crack in the door Mick was up and dancing....so, Keith coughed to presumably let Mick know he was on his way back............when he then got in the room, Mick was sat down again...............(and was after very cool..."oh, that's your new album eh?...not bad.......

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 1, 2015 02:28

EddieByword
Hairball

I read a Keith interview.....Mick went round Keith's place just after he released Talk is cheap, Keith put it on and after a while went to the kitchen for something, as he was coming back he could see through the crack in the door Mick was up and dancing....so, Keith coughed to presumably let Mick know he was on his way back............when he then got in the room, Mick was sat down again...............(and was after very cool..."oh, that's your new album eh?...not bad.......

I think that story was in Keith's book too but I get the feeling Mick could dance to Mary Had A Little Lamb so I'm not sure how much a compliment that is. lol

I have seen a few times when Mick and Keith seem to genuinely regard each other with loving respect on stage. This tour there were a couple such moments. And Keith always seems to get off on Mick's harp playing. I think as they get older and are sober enough to appreciate each other this may genuinely happen more often. We sure often feel that way about both of them!

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: September 1, 2015 03:29

Someone once posted a comment here about The Everly Brothers, about one of the moments during their famous concert at Royal Albert Hall in 1985. There was a great deal of animosity between them for many years. Their concert was a huge success. During Let It Be Me, there is a moment when Phil is singing when Don is looking at him and suddenly he breaks out in a delightful smile. It seems as if he is appreciating his brother's spot-on vocals. It is touching to see.

I don't see how the Glimmers can not have that occasional moment, thinking how blest they have been to work and perform with each other for half a century.

On the other hand, I read that in the current incarnation of Three Dog Night, Cory Wells and Danny Hutton can't stand each other, but preform all year long, doing all they can to not even look at each other. Who knows how true that is, since it came from Chuck Negron?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 1, 2015 03:55

This last Zip Code tour, I believe we witnessed many moments of mutual admiration and amazement similar to the Penn-Teller story..

Much more so than on other tours, I think their on-stage personal and professional chemistry is stronger than ever.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: September 1, 2015 04:30

Turner68
IrisC

Keith isn't as insecure a person as mick, that's why Keith is able to say it and not mick.

....uhm..insecurities...directly and profoundly affected KR through his use of heroin for a decade...glad he was able to kick the monkey off his back and continue with his journey.

Date: September 1, 2015 04:48

Rip This
Turner68
IrisC

....uhm..insecurities...directly and profoundly affected KR through his use of heroin for a decade...glad he was able to kick the monkey off his back and continue with his journey.

yeah i wasn't saying he was not insecure, just not in the same way as mick. you're absolutely right of course.

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: September 1, 2015 05:03

It never even crossed my mind that "mick vs keith" could extend itself into this thread ... but i guess it's kind of universal around here these days!

NL--I thought of you while i was listening to the Alec Baldwin podcast. It's a forum that, like Stern and a few others, offers an in-depth conversation between two fascinating people. I found myself more and more befuddled that neither of The Glimmers will ever allow that rock star wall of cool to be cracked. How fascinating it would be to get either or both of them to let their figurative hair down and just open up about ... what it was and is like to be them.

But they grew up in a different age. An age where stars cultivated mystery and seclusion rather than accessibility and outreach to fans. So I guess we'll never get that type of podcast or interview with them, alas.

In response to the rest of you on this thread: I, too, believe that in spite of their many spats over the years there must be times when Keith and Mick share a moment, a look, an appreciation, especially knowing that their days on stage are numbered. It's too bad they can't be more open about their mutual admiration society. I guess it's at least partially a British stiff-upper-lip kind of thing, perhaps?

Date: September 1, 2015 05:07

EddieByword
Hairball

That's funny.

I wonder what Keith thinks of Mick's solo albums.............. uhhhh nevermind. winking smiley

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: September 1, 2015 05:46

Mick HATES Keith, folks, pretty obvious for a long time

Date: September 1, 2015 05:53

BILLPERKS
Mick HATES Keith, folks, pretty obvious for a long time
I think so too. Loves the money he makes with Keith though.

Posted by: GS1978 ()
Date: September 1, 2015 06:05

I always loved this comment from Mick to Keith after their 2006 Super Bowl performance. Sounds like a very sincere & warm remark to his musically partner in crime following a great performance in front of their biggest TV audience ever (over 145 Million in US).

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-01 06:07 by GS1978.

Date: September 1, 2015 06:12

GS1978
I always loved this comment from Mick to Keith after their 2006 Super Bowl performance. Sounds like a very sincere & warm remark...

[www.youtube.com]

A warm remark yes, but with the camera's rolling I have my doubts about it being sincere.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-01 06:13 by Hairball.

Posted by: resotele ()
Date: September 1, 2015 08:49

Naturalust

I think that story was in Keith's book too but I get the feeling Mick could dance to Mary Had A Little Lamb so I'm not sure how much a compliment that is. lol

easy dancing to that .... !

[www.youtube.com]

resotele

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: September 1, 2015 15:33

Hairball
EddieByword
Hairball

That's funny.

I wonder what Keith thinks of Mick's solo albums.............. uhhhh nevermind. winking smiley

Love to see Keith head-banging in a speaker to "God gave me everything thing I want.....................spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 2, 2015 01:00

Yeah of course they do ... probably even have a photo of each other in their wallets ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 2, 2015 02:03

resotele
Naturalust

easy dancing to that .... !

[www.youtube.com]

resotele
\
That was great resotele! Thanks. Also thanks GS1978 for posting that Salt of the Earth video. Made me realize (again) how much I love this band. Those Argentina fans are crazy man! Whoo Hoo!

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: September 2, 2015 02:39

You can't know how relieved I am that this thread isn't about s e x.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 2, 2015 02:47

Good motto ... never read anything on a full bladder ...

ROCKMAN

Date: September 2, 2015 04:48

SomeTorontoGirl
You can't know how relieved I am that this thread isn't about s e x.

hmm give us time, it's only page 1...

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: September 2, 2015 05:11

Rockman
Good motto ... never read anything on a full bladder ...

...Depends.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: September 2, 2015 05:34

Anyone see Mike Leigh's film Topsy Turvy about Gilbert and Sullivan?

Date: September 2, 2015 05:41

TeddyB1018
Anyone see Mike Leigh's film Topsy Turvy about Gilbert and Sullivan?

Great movie

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 2, 2015 10:54

Has there been a group somewhat forced to stay together 50 years or more? Even the great Duke Ellington didn't have band members for that long. On another level Mick & Keith can look at each other as children, their relationship passing through almost their entire lives. They're in uncharted territory now. Lots of performers were on stage for 50 years or more, but in a group with the same people?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2200
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home