Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
Plundered My Soul
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: August 31, 2015 01:11

This song is the most overlooked song in the Stones' creations. This unque, lyrcally perfect song has been overshadowed by senseless thread topics. Ok- maybe I'm alone on this topic but i go to You Tube all the time hear this masterpiece.

Re: Plundered My Soul
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: August 31, 2015 02:14

So good that you haven't bought it?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 31, 2015 02:36

ROCKMAN

Date: August 31, 2015 02:45

grinning smiley

hot smileyhot smileyRe: Plundered My Soul
Date: August 31, 2015 12:59

His Majesty

I pay for internet service, which includes YouTube.

Date: August 31, 2015 13:02

Chris Fountain
This song is the most overlooked song in the Stones' creations. This unque, lyrcally perfect song has been overshadowed by senseless thread topics. Ok- maybe I'm alone on this topic but i go to You Tube all the time hear this masterpiece.

Not a masterpiece, nor overlooked. It's been discussed here in countless threads.

Had they regarded it as a masterpiece, they would have played it at least once in concert..

Re: hot smileyhot smileyRe: Plundered My Soul
Date: August 31, 2015 13:04

Chris Fountain
His Majesty

grinning smiley

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: August 31, 2015 13:07

It´s awful. Mick´s 2010-singing doesnt fit in the old instrumental track. It is too obviously fake, like most part of the Exile-Bonus-CD.

Maybe it would have turned out better, if they had completely re-recorded the tune.

Date: August 31, 2015 13:09

DandelionPowderman
Chris Fountain

Not a masterpiece, nor overlooked. It's been discussed here in countless threads.

Had they regarded it as a masterpiece, they would have played it at least once in concert..

Well. like many other groups, their best songs are overlooked by the public. At least, Bruce Springsteeen has EST XM - They cover all his music. Even remote live performances.

Date: August 31, 2015 13:09

HMS

Maybe it would have turned out better, if they had completely re-recorded the tune.

I'm thinking the frankenstein creation would definitely trump any attempts to record it all again.

The rhythm section just does not play like that anymore.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-31 13:13 by His Majesty.

Date: August 31, 2015 13:14

Chris Fountain
DandelionPowderman
Chris Fountain

Well. like many other groups, their best songs are overlooked by the public. At least, Bruce Springsteeen has EST XM - They cover all his music. Even remote live performances.

Overlooked by the general public, I get it...

Date: August 31, 2015 13:20

DandelionPowderman
Chris Fountain
DandelionPowderman
Chris Fountain

Exactly - How many folks have really heard Hang Fire or even Slave??? Or even know that 20 flight Rock was written in 1955???

Of course, you will hear jjF or even BS occasionally on public car radio but that's it. However, Many groups' best songs go unnoticed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-31 13:26 by Chris Fountain.

Date: August 31, 2015 13:26

Plundered was played on national radio in UK when it was released. This probably helped put the exile re-re-re-re master to number 1.

Re: hot smileyhot smileyRe: Plundered My Soul
Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: August 31, 2015 16:57

Chris Fountain
His Majesty

Lol

Date: August 31, 2015 17:49

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-31 17:51 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: August 31, 2015 17:52

It's blinking brilliant - and the first song in donkey's years that truly makes me remember why I love this band so much.

Date: August 31, 2015 18:06

Chris Fountain

Exactly - How many folks have really heard Hang Fire or even Slave??? .

Millions of people.

Date: August 31, 2015 18:29

His Majesty
Chris Fountain

Exactly - How many folks have really heard Hang Fire or even Slave??? .

Millions of people.

Yep

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: August 31, 2015 18:41

The song is so bad. A throwaway.

Date: August 31, 2015 18:43

RockinJive
The song is so bad. A throwaway.

I prefer to think of it as a good throwaway. Compare to say "short and curlies" and it looks better

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: August 31, 2015 18:54

It's a great track track. Arguably the best modern day Stones song.

Posted by: StonesCat ()
Date: August 31, 2015 19:21

James Kirk

Depending on when the modern day Stones began, I'd say not even debatable that it is. Great writeup in the Janowitz Stones book detailing what makes it so good.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: August 31, 2015 20:23

It is a great track. Yet, when listening to it, I still find it odd how little Keith was involved and so much so that Mick replicated his backing vocals instead of Keith being in the studio with both Micks. Why? I recall an interview with Keith and he didn't even know about the song!

Date: August 31, 2015 21:14

StonesCat
James Kirk

Depending on when the modern day Stones began, I'd say not even debatable that it is. Great writeup in the Janowitz Stones book detailing what makes it so good.

Seems to be either Steel Wheels or Voodoo Lounge.

Posted by: Moonshine ()
Date: August 31, 2015 21:23

Great track that would be even greater with a 72 Jagger vocal

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: August 31, 2015 21:29

Really great track. Still holds up. Best Stones song in ages. Really. (In my opinion of course.)

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: August 31, 2015 21:29

Chris Fountain
DandelionPowderman
Chris Fountain
DandelionPowderman
Chris Fountain

Exactly - How many folks have really heard Hang Fire or even Slave??? Or even know that 20 flight Rock was written in 1955???

Of course, you will hear jjF or even BS occasionally on public car radio but that's it. However, Many groups' best songs go unnoticed.
hardcore stones fans know

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: August 31, 2015 22:02

Moonshine
Great track that would be even greater with a 72 Jagger vocal

Indeed, the vocals are the weakest point of Plundered.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: August 31, 2015 22:14

Don't care about any possible faults, because to me it's overall excellent. A Stones song I have played more than anything else since Voodoo Lounge.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: September 1, 2015 00:15

I bought the Janovitz book on Kindle earlier (thanks, had never heard of it)

Here is a quote from the 'Plunder' review:
Keith told the Chicago Tribune in 2010, “I enjoyed going back through [ Exile ]. Going back through the tracks, I could smell that basement and all the dust. It was very evocative.”

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1830
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home