Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 29
Re: OT: NFL 2015 Season
Date: November 2, 2015 14:30

jets defense was terrible yesterday

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 2, 2015 14:49

Yeah, Drew Brees' arm is dead. 511 yards passing, 7 TD passes.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 2, 2015 15:27

keefriffhard4life

The Raiders are for real, too. Charles Woodson is as amazing as Tom Brady.

Date: November 2, 2015 21:06

crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life

The Raiders are for real, too. Charles Woodson is as amazing as Tom Brady.

true but the QB for the raiders had better numbers than tom brady had against the jets. thats not acceptable even in a loss

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: November 3, 2015 02:09

A strange week of football. The NFC teams do not appear to be strong, though Carolina and Minnesota have surprised. And I'm not convinced by Arizona or even Green Bay that they're Super Bowl bound.

Which is why I think the Seahawks will eventually pull it together.

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: November 3, 2015 02:11

Yes back to 4 n 4 with a bye week - the hawks will be a different team for the second half of the season...

Date: November 3, 2015 04:00

umakmehrd
Yes back to 4 n 4 with a bye week - the hawks will be a different team for the second half of the season...

Middle of season bye week not a bad thing. Last year it was too early (even though it worked out). I've got pretty good tix for the Arizona game on 11/15. This should be a knock down, drag out war. The 12s get a week to rest up too! I don't consider myself a 12. Too much of a bandwagon thing. I'm an original fan since day one when they announced we were getting the franchise. It was a big deal for a 13 year old NFL fan. I'm happy the Raiders are doing well. They were my team before there was a Seahawks. Just win, baby!smoking smiley

Date: November 3, 2015 16:26

nightskyman
A strange week of football. The NFC teams do not appear to be strong, though Carolina and Minnesota have surprised. And I'm not convinced by Arizona or even Green Bay that they're Super Bowl bound.

Denver showed how good their defense is.

Green Bay had a bad game. They'll most likely be the NFC team in the Supe.

Arizona... it seems like they are the SD Chargers 2 - they are pretty good in the regular season but can't quite get it together. I suppose they could get it together and finish 3rd in the NFC the way things are going right now. They'll certainly win their division.

It's good to see Minnesota finally getting it together. St Louis is hanging in there as well. Oakland!!! WTF!!! That's hilarious. They've been a Detroit for so long I almost forgot about them. Miami is a head scratcher.

Seattle won't pull it together to get to the Supe (nor will the Saints, although there is still a slim chance of them making the playoffs). Saints fans have quickly understood that the Saints got the best end of the trade. Wilson is on pace to be sacked 70 times this season.

There are 2 pointless games this weekend:
Jaguars at Jets
Eagles at Cowboys

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: November 3, 2015 16:40

More NFL games are to be played in London: three games a year to be played at Twickenham for the next three years.

Olly.

Date: November 3, 2015 16:45

That's terrible. And somehow it's not the good teams.

It's beyond pointless. Let's see...

Thursday night games
Saturday games towards the end of the season

It's bad enough some of them have to fly from NY to LA so, what, flying to London is a good thing? So much for the health of the players.

I doubt the NFL will ever take off there. It's just not their thing. It'd be the same with hockey - it's pointless. Baseball, which comes from England, is just as pointless. They have their own sports.

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: November 3, 2015 16:47

The NFL is coming to Twickenham next year.

So that makes at least three more games in London next season, with the possibility of more.

In 2018, there are guaranteed to be 5 games in London, because the deal with Tottenham kicks in. So that year, there will be at least 2 at Wembley, 2 at Tottenham, and 1 at Twickenham.

The Jaguars are the only team that will keep coming every year, until at least 2020.

Date: November 3, 2015 16:50

I'm sure the Detroilet Lions will be included. I love the NFL's logic with the Jaguars: let's not work on increasing the fan base at home, let's keep sending them to London instead of permanently to Los Angeles!

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: November 3, 2015 17:25

GasLightStreet
I'm sure the Detroilet Lions will be included. I love the NFL's logic with the Jaguars: let's not work on increasing the fan base at home, let's keep sending them to London instead of permanently to Los Angeles!

It's weird with the Jags, but it's obviously about money.

They don't sell out at home, but they do in London. And the Jags make a profit by going to London (whereas most teams at least don't have to pay anything).

I'm not sure what it may have to do with it, but the owner of the Jags also owns Fulham (which he has led into total crapdom).

P.S. I was a Fulham season ticket holder for five years. I tried to renew three times for this season but they wouldn't let me do it online. So I never did.

Posted by: StonesCat ()
Date: November 3, 2015 17:38

GasLightStreet
nightskyman

Denver showed how good their defense is.

Green Bay had a bad game. They'll most likely be the NFC team in the Supe.

Arizona... it seems like they are the SD Chargers 2 - they are pretty good in the regular season but can't quite get it together. I suppose they could get it together and finish 3rd in the NFC the way things are going right now. They'll certainly win their division.

It's good to see Minnesota finally getting it together. St Louis is hanging in there as well. Oakland!!! WTF!!! That's hilarious. They've been a Detroit for so long I almost forgot about them. Miami is a head scratcher.

Seattle won't pull it together to get to the Supe (nor will the Saints, although there is still a slim chance of them making the playoffs). Saints fans have quickly understood that the Saints got the best end of the trade. Wilson is on pace to be sacked 70 times this season.

There are 2 pointless games this weekend:
Jaguars at Jets
Eagles at Cowboys

I think if Romo could have gotten back a week or two earlier, the Cowboys could have put enough wins together to still make it in, where I think they'd probably be favored against anybody but GB. As a Dallas fan, I've accepted now that they're going to be too far down now to make up any ground unless 8-8 wins the division.

Date: November 3, 2015 18:03

NFL games in London with team records pre-game:

2007: Giants (5-2) vs. Dolphins (0-7)
2008: Chargers (3-4) vs. Saints (3-4)
2009: Patriots (4-2) vs. Buccaneers (0-6)
2010: Broncos (2-5) vs. 49ers (1-6)
2011: Bears (3-3) vs. Buccaneers (4-2)
2012: Patriots (4-3) vs. Rams (3-4)
2013: Steelers (0-3) vs. Vikings (0-3)
2013: 49ers (5-2) vs. Jaguars (0-7)
2014: Dolphins (1-2) vs. Raiders (0-3)
2014: Lions (5-2) vs. Falcons (2-5)
2014: Cowboys (6-3) vs. Jaguars (1-8)
2015: Jets (2-1) vs. Dolphins (1-2)
2015: Bills (3-3) vs. Jaguars (1-5)
2015: Lions (1-5) vs. Chiefs (2-5)

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: November 3, 2015 18:31

re the London games...

If the TV revenue is there, it's a win. The travel is not a hardship, people do 2-3 day trans-Atlantic business trips all the time and for a lot less money. Like the Jags as a sorta-London-based team because a) Jacksonville doesn't care, and b) the car...

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: November 3, 2015 19:13

Good thing the Pats are my second favorite team... I just saw where the Steelers have now lost Le’Veon Bell for the rest of the season. Don't know how much faith I have in Ben's ability to carry what remains of the team to the playoffs without much of a running game. Add to the fact that they're 3 1/2 games out of the divisional race and they're playing for a wildcard spot.

Go Steelers!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: November 4, 2015 01:44

Yes crholmstrom - I too am a long time fan I live in Vancouver but go to games when I can - I used to go down the the kingdome went to at least 1 game every year until the last 3 years when I just cant afford the tix anymore its brutal... but I must say it is the best live sporting event to see a game at centrylink !!
Yes agreed its nice to see the Raiders back to respectable after all those years battling them and the broncos.

They have their work cut out for them this year lets hope all the big paychecks don't keep them out of the playoffs this year!!

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: November 4, 2015 01:56

The 49ers have imploded thanks to owner Jed Dork.

plexi

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: November 4, 2015 02:03

Da Bears...SUCK!!!

Date: November 4, 2015 02:18

umakmehrd
Yes crholmstrom - I too am a long time fan I live in Vancouver but go to games when I can - I used to go down the the kingdome went to at least 1 game every year until the last 3 years when I just cant afford the tix anymore its brutal... but I must say it is the best live sporting event to see a game at centrylink !!
Yes agreed its nice to see the Raiders back to respectable after all those years battling them and the broncos.

They have their work cut out for them this year lets hope all the big paychecks don't keep them out of the playoffs this year!!

yes, the tickets are too much. i get a few games year in the disabled section direct from the Hawks at semi realistic money. they treat me pretty well because 2 years ago there was a problem & i didn't sue them. i could've & won for sure. i'm taking my goddaughter ( i helped raise her) to the arizona game. she's only been to 1 before & is extremely excited. go hawks! ps: my other game was carolina. ugh.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-04 02:19 by crholmstrom.

Date: November 4, 2015 13:25

Marshawn Lynch (& Russell Okung) stayed in Texas with WR Ricardo Lockette as he had neck surgery following Sunday's very scary hit against the Cowboys. This is bye week for the Hawks & the Beast chose to stay with his friend rather than go on vacation. The national perception of the Beast is often at odds with the reality. He's a leader on the team & we are lucky to have him. Best wishes for a speedy recovery for Lockette. Looks like his playing days may be over but I have a feeling he will be with the team in some capacity. The Hawks are very good about taking care of their guys once the playing days are over.

Date: November 4, 2015 17:35

Natlanta
re the London games...

If the TV revenue is there, it's a win. The travel is not a hardship, people do 2-3 day trans-Atlantic business trips all the time and for a lot less money. Like the Jags as a sorta-London-based team because a) Jacksonville doesn't care...

I disagree. The travel is a hardship considering what the players do since people who do those trips that don't play football aren't beat up like NFL players are and of course Goodell's concern for the health of the players is bunk. Which has already been pointed out.

The garbage talk about Los Angeles is hilarious: the owners don't want a team to go there because they like using it as a threat to get new stadiums built. Also, why not put another team in the East (Columbus or Milwaukee would work) or one in the Midwest (Oklahoma City) so Dallas can go the proper division - either a southern one or a western one - and put one in Las Vegas?

The Midwest almost has almost enough teams with Denver, KC, Minneapolis and St Louis but it could use one or two more. Dallas is basically in the Midwest. St Louis borders on the Midwest and Northeast. Of course, there's not much population in the Midwest so...

There are a lot of teams in the Northeast - Green Bay, Chicago, Detroit, Buffalo, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Indy, New England, the two New Yorks, Philly, Washington, Pittsburgh, Nashville.

The Northwest has one. ONE! Why there's not one in Portland I don't know.

The West has 3 teams in California and then there's Phoenix. That's why Las Vegas would make sense. Of course Los Angeles makes sense but there's also San Jose and Sacramento. Albuquerque could work too.

Date: November 5, 2015 12:09

GasLightStreet
Natlanta
re the London games...

If the TV revenue is there, it's a win. The travel is not a hardship, people do 2-3 day trans-Atlantic business trips all the time and for a lot less money. Like the Jags as a sorta-London-based team because a) Jacksonville doesn't care...

I disagree. The travel is a hardship considering what the players do since people who do those trips that don't play football aren't beat up like NFL players are and of course Goodell's concern for the health of the players is bunk. Which has already been pointed out.

The garbage talk about Los Angeles is hilarious: the owners don't want a team to go there because they like using it as a threat to get new stadiums built. Also, why not put another team in the East (Columbus or Milwaukee would work) or one in the Midwest (Oklahoma City) so Dallas can go the proper division - either a southern one or a western one - and put one in Las Vegas?

The Midwest almost has almost enough teams with Denver, KC, Minneapolis and St Louis but it could use one or two more. Dallas is basically in the Midwest. St Louis borders on the Midwest and Northeast. Of course, there's not much population in the Midwest so...

There are a lot of teams in the Northeast - Green Bay, Chicago, Detroit, Buffalo, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Indy, New England, the two New Yorks, Philly, Washington, Pittsburgh, Nashville.

The Northwest has one. ONE! Why there's not one in Portland I don't know.

The West has 3 teams in California and then there's Phoenix. That's why Las Vegas would make sense. Of course Los Angeles makes sense but there's also San Jose and Sacramento. Albuquerque could work too.

I've had an interesting idea about NFL & Vegas for quite awhile. I think the main reason the NFL has been so anti-Vegas for so long is they are not getting a piece of the gambling action there. With NFL owners investing in fantasy leagues & the leagues advertising heavily with NFL, the NFL has a vested interest in their sucess. I believe it is pure hypocracy to say that Fan Dual, etc. are not gambling. My idea is for Vegas to cut the NFL in for a small percentage of the sports book action & for the league to build a stadium there. Once the stadium is built, use it as a true neutral site for the Super Bowl every year. The infrastructure is already there to handle the crowds as far as hotels, etc go & the weather in Vegas in February is perfect for football. You could also have games like they are doing in London. I also think that the solution for having games away from the true home stadiums is for the league to add 1 game to the regular season & have each team play 1 game in neutral site. That way you could also eliminate at least 1 (preferably 2) preseason game. The preseason games are 1 of the biggest rip-offs in pro sports. Currently if you have season tickets, you have to pay full price for 2 totally meaningless games where mostly the stars don't even play. Doing this would not penalize any true fans a game in an already limited amount. Finally, I think they should do the bye weeks by division. You could have a lottery to determine when each division has a bye week. That way, there would be no competive advantage in the division due to when the bye week occurs. Sorry if this is a little disjointed. Real early here & heading to work soon. I think my idea about Vegas & international games is a little out of the box but if you think about it, a real good one. Look forward to responses. GO HAWKS!

Date: November 5, 2015 17:51

New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees has been named the NFC Offensive Player of the Week for the second time this season.

Brees threw an NFL-record seven touchdowns in a win against the Giants on Sunday. He and YA Tittle are the only quarterbacks in NFL history to pass for at least 500 yards and seven touchdowns in a single game

Brees has won 20 Offensive Player of the Week awards since joining the Saints in 2006, the most in the NFL during that time. He is one of three players to win the award at least 20 times. Peyton Manning and Tom Brady are the others.

This is Brees' 22nd Offensive Player of the Week award in his career. He also won two AFC Player of the Week awards with the Chargers.

That trails just Manning (27) and Brady (25).

[www.nola.com]

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: November 5, 2015 23:17

Pick the Bills over Miami Sunday. They will get their act together.

Date: November 6, 2015 02:14

Agreed Bills will start to roll after their bye week - they better I have McCoy on my fantasy team !!

Date: November 6, 2015 03:29

Here we go: the dawn of the Johnny Football era. God help us all!grinning smiley

Date: November 6, 2015 16:02

How can it be the dawn of Johnny Football era this year when he played last year? Do those football talking heads forget that he played last year? I just don't get it. It's one giant SMH.

Date: November 6, 2015 16:14

crholmstrom
I've had an interesting idea about NFL & Vegas for quite awhile. I think the main reason the NFL has been so anti-Vegas for so long is they are not getting a piece of the gambling action there. With NFL owners investing in fantasy leagues & the leagues advertising heavily with NFL, the NFL has a vested interest in their sucess. I believe it is pure hypocracy to say that Fan Dual, etc. are not gambling. My idea is for Vegas to cut the NFL in for a small percentage of the sports book action & for the league to build a stadium there. Once the stadium is built, use it as a true neutral site for the Super Bowl every year. The infrastructure is already there to handle the crowds as far as hotels, etc go & the weather in Vegas in February is perfect for football.

There's been good argument, or perhaps expressions, really, that the Supe should be held in New Orleans every year. Because it's set up to hold a ton of visitos, the Supe (as in the Superdome, ha ha) is close to the French Quarter and hotels. And it's a dome, of course, because the weather in, er, at some point you know the Supe will be in March the way things are going.

crholmstrom
You could also have games like they are doing in London. I also think that the solution for having games away from the true home stadiums is for the league to add 1 game to the regular season & have each team play 1 game in neutral site. That way you could also eliminate at least 1 (preferably 2) preseason game. The preseason games are 1 of the biggest rip-offs in pro sports. Currently if you have season tickets, you have to pay full price for 2 totally meaningless games where mostly the stars don't even play. Doing this would not penalize any true fans a game in an already limited amount.

I didn't know about the regular season price for a pre-season ticket until the 2014 season when someone offered me some tickets to go see the Saints. I think I was busy, otherwise I probably would've gone. But. That is beyond ridiculous. They should be at least $5. I'm not sure what advantage anyone would have with shortening the pre-season since it's about the players, not the fans, and a lot of decisions are made between games 2 and 3 that are strictly about the team. So yeah, as boring as those games are because the first lines barely play or only play for so long, you do get to see who's good that isn't on the first line, who is getting it together real fast and who sucks. It seems that 4 games is appropriate for that.

crholmstrom
Finally, I think they should do the bye weeks by division. You could have a lottery to determine when each division has a bye week. That way, there would be no competive advantage in the division due to when the bye week occurs. Sorry if this is a little disjointed. Real early here & heading to work soon. I think my idea about Vegas & international games is a little out of the box but if you think about it, a real good one. Look forward to responses. GO HAWKS!

That makes more sense than the random way it's done now. But more than 4 teams do get a bye so perhaps that's why it can't work? This week (week 9) 6 teams have a bye.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1785
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home