Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Rolling Stones book giveaway
Posted by: herecomesrichard ()
Date: August 22, 2015 12:29

My new book about the Stones comes out in October and can now be ordered from your local book shop. More details here:

[gottahavebooks.co.uk]

But I'll give a copy of the book free and gratis to the IORR member who posts the best (maybe the funniest, maybe the most heart rending, who knows) reason why they should get that free copy.

Re: Rolling Stones book giveaway
Posted by: rootsman ()
Date: August 22, 2015 12:33

"I´m so pleased to be sentenced to get this book, because it was worth it!"

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: August 22, 2015 12:45

Here's my reason - I, a professional writer, will write a detailed review of your book on whichever site you choose. Hopefully it will be a positive review!

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: August 22, 2015 12:49

Cause I am worth it>grinning smiley<

Posted by: everwest1 ()
Date: August 22, 2015 13:03

You should offer a copy to latebloomer because she is so nice and has a Birthday coming up and it dosent look like her previous Birthday wish can happen now... and you should offer a copy to ROCKMAN because giving ROCKMAN Stones books is a longterm custom/tradition on IORR (not to mention giving ROCKMAN (good) things will bring you good luck... and or course you should offer a copy to Bjornulf(bv) for running this forum for so long.

I dont deserve a copy, but latebloomer, ROCKMAN and Bjornulf do for sure.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 22, 2015 13:12

I'm blind and I want my mum to read it to me before I flake out ...

ROCKMAN

Date: August 22, 2015 13:21

... yeah... plus he runs the IORR Stones reference library... any Stones book worth having, he has it... and on many many occurrences he has replied to those (worthy and) in need of a picture or something... not to mention he runs the most famous thread in the history of IORR

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: August 22, 2015 13:46

Oh hell, I don't stand a chance now, even with fabulous breasts.

Date: August 22, 2015 14:02

Here's what's up for grabs. Looks very worthy indeed.

(Really, they're spectacular.)

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: August 22, 2015 14:39

everwest1
You should offer a copy to latebloomer because she is so nice and has a Birthday coming up and it dosent look like her previous Birthday wish can happen now... and you should offer a copy to ROCKMAN because giving ROCKMAN Stones books is a longterm custom/tradition on IORR (not to mention giving ROCKMAN (good) things will bring you good luck... and or course you should offer a copy to Bjornulf(bv) for running this forum for so long.

How do you know all this, Everwest, since you have only been here 11 days?

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: August 22, 2015 16:11

I have eyes

And hands

And a book shelf

And I like the Rolling Stones

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: August 22, 2015 16:43

It'll be my fifth Rolling Stones book by an author with the letter H. At that phase of your book there were 5 Stones members.

Posted by: latcho ()
Date: August 22, 2015 16:55

I think it would be nice to hand it over to bjornulf, singed by iorr fans, all over the world.Anyway, he is making this all possible !!!!!!!!!

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: August 22, 2015 21:32

SomeTorontoGirl
Oh hell, I don't stand a chance now, even with fabulous breasts.

I'd say it's in the cans, STG. Can't see how anyone can, ah...top you there.

Date: August 22, 2015 21:38

everwest1

Thanks much for the birthday shout out and nice words, very sweet of you. Sometimes it sucks getting older, but the alternative sucks even more...so, I'm enjoying the day. smiling smiley

Would you be Max? Please let us know, so we can welcome you back properly. smileys with beer

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 22, 2015 21:47

I think I should get a free copy because I have absolutely zero intention of ever purchasing it, now or even second hand someday.

So it's not like you will be missing out on an actual sale like you would if you gave it to a potential customer.
cool smileyThanks in advance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-22 21:49 by MisterDDDD.

Date: August 22, 2015 22:08

latebloomer
I'd say it's in the cans, STG. Can't see how anyone can, ah...top you there.

Heeheehee...! [Happy birthday!]

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: August 22, 2015 22:11

I'd like it simply because it's one of those gottahavebooks !

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: August 22, 2015 23:04

Happy birthday, latebloomer!

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: August 22, 2015 23:27

Ha, there was a very similar "contest" for a signed Life: [www.iorr.org] smiling smiley

Date: August 23, 2015 00:15

latebloomer
everwest1

Thanks much for the birthday shout out and nice words, very sweet of you. Sometimes it sucks getting older, but the alternative sucks even more...so, I'm enjoying the day. smiling smiley

Would you be Max? Please let us know, so we can welcome you back properly. smileys with beer

I am more of a min... on the A/C level of life.
But still, you deserve a book for your Birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: August 23, 2015 00:49

Green Lady
Happy birthday, latebloomer!

Sweet painting Green Lady. Love the splash color effects and unusual background. It's one of those paintings that instantly makes you feel good and keeps your eyes searching for the secret.

Happy Birthday bloomer. Hope you have a great day!

Still trying to think up a decent story to win that book, hard to compete with a blind guy and a chick with a nice rack.

Date: August 23, 2015 01:12

Sweet painting Green Lady. Love the splash color effects and unusual background. It's one of those paintings that instantly makes you feel good and keeps your eyes searching for the secret.

Yes, it's really pretty, thanks very much, Green Lady. I just saved it to use as wallpaper for my laptop.

I am having a nice day NL, thanks. The weather here is beautiful today and the kids are around. Can't ask for more than that.

Sorry for the slight thread hijack, herecomesRichard...you must be so excited about your book. I hope it does well for you and I think you should give the free copy to STG. Her post is the funniest, by far. smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-23 01:23 by latebloomer.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: August 23, 2015 06:10

If STG doesn't get it, I think I should because after years of working on my book (You Get What You Need, looking at people active in online fan groups, I could only get the rare fan who saw the band between 1962 and 1969. Five hundred, wow, I am in awe. Nice going, Richard!!! (I do have a great Altamont story in there, however.)

I would love to talk to you, in any case.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: August 23, 2015 13:49

1 reason .

Simply because I asked first .

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: August 23, 2015 14:15

Only way I'm reading this is if I get the free copy.

In all honesty, good luck with the book and sales. thumbs up

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 23, 2015 16:02

I live in Venezuela and toilet paper is scarce over here...

So I promise you i'll read your book at least once. Then I'll "recycle" it.

Date: August 23, 2015 16:24

Well, I DID just have a birthday and all I got was this chair...and paddleball...and, and...sniff, sniff...WAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Date: August 24, 2015 02:22

latebloomer
Well, I DID just have a birthday and all I got was this chair...and paddleball...and, and...sniff, sniff...WAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Should have thought about that when you invented the Opti-Grab.

Date: August 24, 2015 02:24

And after some thought and consideration I have changed my vote to- SomeTorontoGirl should get the free book, I cant put my finger on the reasons why, but it feels right.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2031
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home