Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 3 of 7
Re: So no tour dates for Keith this fall?
Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: September 1, 2015 20:23

I will never understand why Richards or Jagger would not tour behind solo work instead of just playing the same Stones show they have done over and over for the last 25 years. Couldn't imagine wanting to play the same old songs with the same people. And you can say its for money but they sure have time to do solo concerts of they want.

Posted by: everwest1 ()
Date: September 1, 2015 20:48

They are not spring chickens anymore.

I am amazed (and thankful) that they are still able to provide the fun they still do for all of us. I realy am thankful, it is amazing. I have no complaints, we have been playing with house money for years, it is all gravy.

Who would have bet back in 1977 (or 1984-85) that Mick and Keith would still be doing what they are doing in freekin 2015?

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: September 1, 2015 21:36

Mick and Keith would still be doing what they are doing in freekin 2015?

and 2016 too, hopefully smiling smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 1, 2015 21:49

jlowe

Shame and difficult to understand when Keith professes to be a "live" man.

No it's easy to understand : Keef is the guitar player in a band ruled and managed by Mick. He rakes in a nice cut of the gross while doing NO work, outside of showing uo for each gig and playing guitar.

The task of organizing a minit-our by himself must be daunting, he hasn't done it since 93. And the financial return will be zero (in the best case) so "me why bother?" grinning smiley.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: September 1, 2015 21:51

Just maybe he can't do a two hour show on his own.singing and playing...= No tour....

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: September 1, 2015 21:59

I agree with you everwest it's 2015 for Pete sakes the me man is 72 its not 1988

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: September 1, 2015 22:09

Elmo Lewis
Damn!

Source?

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: September 1, 2015 22:15

Keith is physically not up for a solo tour in my opinion.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: September 1, 2015 22:22

ohmercy61
I agree with you everwest it's 2015 for Pete sakes the me man is 72 its not 1988

IF someone is quoted as saying they are not even thinking of retiring, one assumes that concerts and/or tours are still on the agenda.
I would like to think that IF the Stones quit in say three years time, Keith would still have the motivation to record AND tour.
He has compared himself to the old blues guys who never stopped after all.
BB King...was doing how many gigs a year when in his eighties?

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: September 1, 2015 22:49

This album's release has been postponed and put off and postponed again, so how long has it been since either Keith or any of his collaborators were playing any of this stuff as a current concern? If they were, there might be time for shows before January, but they've had years, probably, to get out of practice and forget a lot of it, and there won't be time to get everyone together and get enough of it up to speed. Probably. Disappointing, but not surprising.

Date: September 1, 2015 23:05

In which case it could have been released in February/March 2015?

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: September 1, 2015 23:27

Green Lady
This album's release has been postponed and put off and postponed again, so how long has it been since either Keith or any of his collaborators were playing any of this stuff as a current concern? If they were, there might be time for shows before January, but they've had years, probably, to get out of practice and forget a lot of it, and there won't be time to get everyone together and get enough of it up to speed. Probably. Disappointing, but not surprising.

Your assessment is probably right Green Lady
Its something i had not thought of, but yes its been a long time since these songs were made and at Keith's age he might have to learn them all over again if he does decide to do a few shows.

Date: September 1, 2015 23:39

Learn them all again?
How did Roger Waters manage to do his Wall tour then, 30plus years after the initial recording?

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: September 1, 2015 23:40

Realize also that a "Keith Solo Tour" regardless of how it turned out, would somewhat take away from/diminish/cast a shadow on the Stones tour scheduled for the spring. While we are all viewing Keith as "off from the Stones" realistically, from "The Stones" point of view, he's just "on a break".

Imagine the possible scenarios:
Keith's tickets were reasonably priced, why are Stones tickets so expensive?
Keith's shows have lot's of new material, why don't the Stones?
Keith's shows weren't all that great, is he still able to play with the Stones?
Keith's out there doing it, how come Mick isn't?
Keith's shows were great & spectacle free, why don't the Stones just play music?
... and there a thousand others that could be thrown out there. I don't think EITHER Keith OR Mick want to answer any possible comparison questions. WAY to much to lose on WAY to many levels.

Keith's first musical loyalty is to the Stones. It always has been. At this point, he's not going to do anything that could jeopardize his chances of playing with the Stones again. A mini-solo tour sandwiched between two legs of a Stones tour (regardless of how far apart they are) jeopardizes his playing with the Stones again. I believe, even now, he wants that far more than he's ever wanted to play outside the Stones.

That's my opinion anyway. While I'd love to see Keith take the album on the road, I totally understand there are many reasons for him not to and only a few reasons for him to do so.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 1, 2015 23:44

jlowe
Learn them all again?
How did Roger Waters manage to do his Wall tour then, 30plus years after the initial recording?

He lip-synched for some of it, and hired a bunch of technically able musicians (and vocalists) to re-create it all note for note.

Posted by: everwest1 ()
Date: September 2, 2015 12:32

mr_dja
... I'd love to see Keith take the album on the road, I totally understand there are many reasons for him not to and only a few reasons for him to do so.

Agreed.

The whole band will be back in action soon enough.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: September 2, 2015 12:52

Green Lady

oh come on. It's not about learning to perform a symphony. Any professional band won't need more than two or three days of rehearsal. The problem is Keith – as mentioned above he is not fit enough for a tour. And he won't be fit enough to sing for some 90+ minutes

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: September 2, 2015 12:57

ohmercy61
Keith is physically not up for a solo tour in my opinion.

Yes but his great band would help support the load. Plus he could easily play twice a week, but logistically it may be too late to tour. But he could do a Jimmy Fallen or SNL no problem and get more exposure than touring.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 2, 2015 12:59

Why not just 2 shows in NYC and 2 in LONDON==
plenty of time and the fans,some fans will be HAPPY

Jeroen

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: September 2, 2015 13:54

Let´s stop dreaming. Keith is not in the shape to do a 90minute-set on his own, playing AND singing. And what would be the use of a concert with Keith not or hardly at all playing his trademark guitar sounds? I also doubt that his voice could go on for 90 minutes of singing. He can do Stones-shows, where someone else is carrying the largest part of the burden. But he can´t go on stage as a frontman anymore. These days are gone, if you dont know that, Keith DOES.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: September 2, 2015 14:19

Koen
Elmo Lewis
Damn!

Source?

Link?

Date: September 2, 2015 14:25

slewan
Green Lady

oh come on. It's not about learning to perform a symphony. Any professional band won't need more than two or three days of rehearsal. The problem is Keith – as mentioned above he is not fit enough for a tour. And he won't be fit enough to sing for some 90+ minutes

If he's fit enough for several Stones tours, I'm sure he could pull off a string of shows with the Winos smiling smiley

Date: September 2, 2015 14:30

DandelionPowderman
slewan
Green Lady

If he's fit enough for several Stones tours, I'm sure he could pull off a string of shows with the Winos smiling smiley

Quite agree dandelion.smileys with beersmileys with beer If the gig is 65 minutes, thats enough.
his solo gigs will knock the Stones out !!
Jeroen

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: September 2, 2015 15:26

HMS
Let´s stop dreaming. Keith is not in the shape to do a 90minute-set on his own, playing AND singing. And what would be the use of a concert with Keith not or hardly at all playing his trademark guitar sounds? I also doubt that his voice could go on for 90 minutes of singing. He can do Stones-shows, where someone else is carrying the largest part of the burden. But he can´t go on stage as a frontman anymore. These days are gone, if you dont know that, Keith DOES.

HMS you're optimistic and positive!

Re: Keith Tour October?
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 2, 2015 15:51

CloudCat
the only one with a decent-looking haircut is Keith -
he does his own, right?

nice shots -- where are these photos from, carnaby?

Yes, he cut his own hair in those days - maybe he does still.

The gigantic photo with the beautiful grins is from backstage at the London Palladium, January 22nd 1967.
Maybe Gered Mankowitz took it - I've never seen a credit, but he took some other shots there that day, so maybe?
Apparently Keith and Brian were both high on LSD that day - no wonder Keith's glowin like that!
The acid was soooo much better back then ... Ahem, I mean! The one with the dour people in the background
is from the Milano airport, April 8th 1967. It's probably Giovanni Liverani.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: September 2, 2015 16:13

corriecas
DandelionPowderman
slewan
Green Lady

Quite agree dandelion.smileys with beersmileys with beer If the gig is 65 minutes, thats enough.
Jeroen

I don't think physical fitness is the issue. As you say, he's fine with Stones tours, and familiar material. I defer to slewan's experience on how long a professional band takes to prepare to tour an album's worth of new songs they haven't played for several years and never live. But how long might it take Keith? It isn't impossible, and he might yet surprise us, but I think these days he needs to take a good long run up to these things.

Date: September 2, 2015 16:16

Green Lady
corriecas
DandelionPowderman
slewan
Green Lady

Jeroen

I don't think physical fitness is the issue. As you say, he's fine with Stones tours, and familiar material. I defer to slewan's experience on how long a professional band takes to prepare to tour an album's worth of new songs they haven't played for several years and never live. But how long might it take Keith? It isn't impossible, and he might yet surprise us, but I think these days he needs to take a good long run up to these things.

I bet he is rehersals right now.
One Love
Jeroen

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: September 2, 2015 16:28

Of course Jeroen. I also bet he will be playing in the Ziggodome. smoking smiley

Date: September 2, 2015 16:46

Koen
Of course Jeroen. I also bet he will be playing in the Ziggodome. smoking smiley
No, Paradiso Amsterdam or the Heineken hall, maybe even Gelredome.

Jeroen>grinning smiley<

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: September 2, 2015 16:51

corriecas
Koen
No, Paradiso Amsterdam or the Heineken hall, maybe even Gelredome.

Jeroen>grinning smiley<

All of this and more!
He´ll do 150 shows round the world in 80 daysgrinning smiley

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 3 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1949
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home