Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 13
Re: Next Vault release......Tokyo ´90
Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: August 17, 2015 13:44

Leeds 82

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-17 13:50 by bonddm.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: August 17, 2015 14:01

Father Ted
Personally I am not interested in the post-Wyman live stuff, so I will be quite happy with Tokyo 1990 and Leeds 1982.

Post-Wyman-Tours have more interesting setlists than 1981/82, 1978 & 1989/90. And there´s a new kid on the block, he really can play the bass! (Even Mick says "Sometimes I wish I could play the bass like Darrylsmiling smiley"

...And: Keith and Darryl often stand close together, smiling at each other while playing. Never happened with Bill.

A 1994/95-release would be very welcome. Good setlists and strong performances.

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: August 17, 2015 14:15

HMS
Father Ted
Personally I am not interested in the post-Wyman live stuff, so I will be quite happy with Tokyo 1990 and Leeds 1982.

Post-Wyman-Tours have more interesting setlists than 1981/82, 1978 & 1989/90. And there´s a new kid on the block, he really can play the bass! (Even Mick says "Sometimes I wish I could play the bass like Darrylsmiling smiley"

...And: Keith and Darryl often stand close together, smiling at each other while playing. Never happened with Bill.

VideoJames mentioned a future release of Amsterdam/Paradiso 1995 from the Vaults, so Keep fingers crossed!

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: August 17, 2015 14:53

muenke
HMS
Father Ted

VideoJames mentioned a future release of Amsterdam/Paradiso 1995 from the Vaults, so Keep fingers crossed!

I've heard ER will release a box set of all four Stripped shows, also San Jose '99 and Shepherd's Bush '99...would rather hear those than Tokyo '90 and Leeds '82 that I've had for years!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 17, 2015 16:00

Mr.D

I've heard ER will release a box set of all four Stripped shows, also San Jose '99 and Shepherd's Bush '99...

That would be nice .... smiling smiley

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: August 17, 2015 16:43

Who is ER?

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: August 17, 2015 16:53

Eagle Rock.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: August 17, 2015 17:46

Mr.D
muenke
HMS
Father Ted

I've heard ER will release a box set of all four Stripped shows, also San Jose '99 and Shepherd's Bush '99...would rather hear those than Tokyo '90 and Leeds '82 that I've had for years!

Okay, interesting thing, but give us the source, please.

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: August 18, 2015 04:42

mosthigh
At this point, there's very little they can surprise us with in the video department that isn't floating around in bootleg form as torrents or on Youtube.

C'mon - surprise me...

I bet the next one or two releases after this one will.

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: August 18, 2015 05:17

bonddm
Leeds 82

I was looking forward to this video release, but the camerawork is atrocious. Clearly taken from something like the video screen feeds. Little to no distant/full shots of the band.

They clearly look and sound exhausted - and the never-ending tight close ups don't help sell it like Mick is trying so hard to do. This was a tour (1982) rife with turmoil within the band. It shows.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: August 18, 2015 05:18

I'll set the Bill Wyman total screen time over/under at 40 seconds. Taking your bets now...

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: August 18, 2015 06:38

flairville
Eagle Rock.
Thanks!

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: August 18, 2015 10:11

Sighunt
DandelionPowderman
Almost Hear You Sigh is very good here.

That is true. Definitely one of the better tunes (and arguably one of their best ballads in many a year).

It really shows off Mick as a skilled and nuanced vocalisttongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: August 18, 2015 10:33

Great stuff.

More the merrier.

Praying for the leeds to come out.

Life is too short to moan. drinking smiley

Date: August 18, 2015 10:36

desertblues68
Sighunt
DandelionPowderman

That is true. Definitely one of the better tunes (and arguably one of their best ballads in many a year).

It really shows off Mick as a skilled and nuanced vocalisttongue sticking out smiley

True! And with some very tasty soul fills from Keith. Not only the solo, but the stuff he plays in between here and there. It's great!

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: August 18, 2015 11:31

looking forward to a most likely Leeds 82 release.
a mentioned '95 boxset would be fantastic.

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: August 18, 2015 12:31

DandelionPowderman
desertblues68
Sighunt
DandelionPowderman

True! And with some very tasty soul fills from Keith. Not only the solo, but the stuff he plays in between here and there. It's great!
thumbs upDefinitely

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: August 23, 2015 16:00

The Japanse Ward site does it again!

They are also releasing from this Tokyo concert an exlusive beautiful boxset, including:

1 blu ray (or dvd) with the complete concert
2cd's with the concert
1 bonus dvd with the arrival at the Tokyo airport
4 Lp's with the concert
2 T-shirts
1 tourbook
4 backstage cards

This is the one to get!

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: August 23, 2015 16:40

GJV

They are also releasing from this Tokyo concert an exlusive beautiful boxset, including:

2cd's with the concert
4 Lp's with the concert
2 T-shirts
1 tourbook
4 backstage cards

This is the one to get!

How can we get this in Europe? I thought they don't ship to Germany

Date: August 23, 2015 17:00

Some people are saying that they can get the items from Ward outside Japan. I realy don't know if that is true, or not. In the past it didn't work for me.

Otherwise peronalshopper and cdJapan are the sites to go to, but they are very, very expensive.
For example the last one from the Marquee/Brussels cd's/Lp's cost me 340 euro (and which wasn't even realy a boxset)

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-23 17:08 by GJV.

Posted by: slowhand ()
Date: August 23, 2015 18:13

Mr.D
muenke
HMS
Father Ted

It's possible to get an official release of the Stripped special that we all have on bootleg but absolutely no chance of a box set of all four Stripped shows.

Tokyo '90 and Leeds '82 interest me not at all.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 24, 2015 04:04

HMS
Father Ted

Keith and Darryl can make out on stage for all the memorable bass work it's provided the Stones since 1994. It seems familiarity breeds mediocrity.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: August 24, 2015 04:34

is there a link directly to the Japanese Ward site? Much appreciated.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: August 24, 2015 18:25

hockenheim95
GJV

2cd's with the concert
4 Lp's with the concert
2 T-shirts
1 tourbook
4 backstage cards

This is the one to get!

How can we get this in Europe? I thought they don't ship to Germany
Actually, it is already at
[www.cdjapan.co.jp]
They will ship to EU for sure but I would expect additional tax upon arrival (19% for Germany???)

Date: August 24, 2015 20:59

This afternoon I thought about something:

I haven't watched this concert for years, but was this concert the one with two songs missing in the television broadcast? So this means for the very first time we can watch it complete, right?

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-25 21:14 by GJV.

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: August 24, 2015 22:37

Doesn't look as 4 lps are included on the linked version!

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: August 24, 2015 22:47

Can I look forward to the complete release (audiowise that is) in Europe too? I would like to think so.

Date: August 24, 2015 23:07

ouroux58
Doesn't look as 4 lps are included on the linked version!

No, it isn't the box incl. the Lp's.

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: August 26, 2015 14:42

European 2 CD + DVD
[www.amazon.es]
European 4 LP + DVD
[www.amazon.es]
and DVD
[www.amazon.es]

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: August 26, 2015 14:57

shortfatfanny
looking forward to a most likely Leeds 82 release.
a mentioned '95 boxset would be fantastic.

A Stripped-box set would be nice. And it would be nice if they made a '72 boxset too (Philadelphia + New York fx). And a '73 boxset.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1867
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home