Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 11 of 13
Re: Next Vault release......Tokyo ´90
Posted by: Camm ()
Date: November 11, 2015 18:02

Just got a email, they have the new discs. Just need a picture of receipt and address and they will send the new discs out, Yay!!!

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: November 12, 2015 00:52

Deltics
I sent this message to the Eagle Rock Entertainment Facebook page this morning:

Hello, I have just received my copy of The Rolling Stones' "From The Vault: Live At The Tokyo Dome" CD-DVD set (EAGDV 501) and there seems to be a "glaring anomaly" on the CDs in as much as the stereo channels have been reversed. Are you aware of this error and, if so, do you have any plans to rectify it?

This is the message I received two hours later:

Thanks for your message. We are aware of the issue and have just received replacement discs. If you could please send either a photo or scan of your receipt and your address we can send you a new disc.

We are sorry for this error and we wish you all the best

The Eagle Team.
[www.facebook.com]

Thanks, I just sent them my info, hopefully this is resolved now.

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: November 12, 2015 05:32

Woody is abysmal during this. Keith is on fire.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 12, 2015 10:11

Ronnie was out of his head on drugs and alcohol on this one (and a few other tours to come.)

Thank God he is playing great, again.

Jeroen

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: November 12, 2015 11:13

It's a great release! The whole rhythm section really is on fire. It's a very professional performance by everyone one stage, though. I've noticed several times that Keith approached Jagger in order to interact on stage, but Mick always ignored him, except during Midnight Rambler.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 12, 2015 21:03

Wild Slivovitz
It's a great release! The whole rhythm section really is on fire. It's a very professional performance by everyone one stage, though. I've noticed several times that Keith approached Jagger in order to interact on stage, but Mick always ignored him, except during Midnight Rambler.

similar to the early dates on the 50 & Counting tour...

-
Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: November 12, 2015 21:09

-

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-25 16:37 by midnrambler.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: November 14, 2015 23:01

This is the reply back on Facebook from Thursday after sending them my receipt and address:

"Thanks for your message. That has been sorted.

All the best
The Eagle Team"

Not real sure exactly what that means...I asked but they didn't reply back.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-14 23:01 by shadooby.

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: November 15, 2015 01:30

Just finished watching it was fun. The highlights were I can almost hear you sigh and Harlem Shuffle. I also loved the flamenco intro to Paint It Black. My favourite of series remains Hampton, just sheer joy. Mick had beautiful and graceful arms like a ballet dancer another highlight of Tokyo 90s.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: November 15, 2015 12:19

midnrambler
Now, did anybody already receive correct discs?
Not, yet.

shadooby
This is the reply back on Facebook from Thursday after sending them my receipt and address:

All the best
The Eagle Team"

I think they got too many requests by now. Thus the answers became shorter and shorter.

Posted by: RockingLonestar ()
Date: November 16, 2015 15:41

A few days before xmas 1990 I bought the Swinging Pig version of the Atlantic City 1989 3 LP set.
The concert from December 19 became immediately one of my all time favorite recorded Rolling Stones concerts. For a long time I thought Atlantic City 89 cannot be topped or another concert can even get close in quality. A couple of years ago I downloaded the mp3-version of the Tokyo Dome 1990 concert. I liked it, but it always was second best to AC 89. But then a couple of days ago I bought the CD/DVD version, listened to it in my car and then on my stereo at home with headphones and it nearly blew my mind. To my ears the CD-version sounds so much better than the download version (which I transformed from mp3 to real audio). It sounds warmer and more transparent and watching the dvd is a lot of fun, too.
I hope you have as much fun as I have ;-)

Date: November 16, 2015 16:10

RockingLonestar
A few days before xmas 1990 I bought the Swinging Pig version of the Atlantic City 1989 3 LP set.
The concert from December 19 became immediately one of my all time favorite recorded Rolling Stones concerts. For a long time I thought Atlantic City 89 cannot be topped or another concert can even get close in quality. A couple of years ago I downloaded the mp3-version of the Tokyo Dome 1990 concert. I liked it, but it always was second best to AC 89. But then a couple of days ago I bought the CD/DVD version, listened to it in my car and then on my stereo at home with headphones and it nearly blew my mind. To my ears the CD-version sounds so much better than the download version (which I transformed from mp3 to real audio). It sounds warmer and more transparent and watching the dvd is a lot of fun, too.

Good sales job! My interest is piqued!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 16, 2015 16:17

RockingLonestar

Agreed. sure like the Tokyo cd/dvd release. Great sound, eventhough the guitars are mixed on my version. Keef left, Ronnie to rhe right side. does not matter to me though.
Jeroen

-
Date: November 16, 2015 16:54

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-25 16:36 by midnrambler.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: November 16, 2015 17:13

Leeds '82 comes out this week, correct??

Date: November 16, 2015 17:24

midnrambler
ironbelly

shadooby

All the best
The Eagle Team"

I think they got too many requests by now. Thus the answers became shorter and shorter.

Yes, obviously. Meanwhile they do not even answer at all...
They did not answer (or react) to my e-mail to their web site. But were relatively quick when I wrote them on facebook (I believe the delay was about 1 day or so). They asked for proof of purchase and after I sent them a copy of the invoice the answer was - we'll ship you replacement tomorrow. Well, this is about a week since the end of the conversation. If they really ship the replacement it should come in a few days (the average time for parcel from the UK is 10 days for my case).

Posted by: 999 ()
Date: November 16, 2015 17:47

The substitution discs arrived today !

They're OK !

Thank you Eagle Rock !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-16 22:41 by 999.

Date: November 17, 2015 14:31

The substitution discs arrived today !

They're OK !

Thank you Eagle Rock !
Just out of curiosity. Did they sent just 2CD for replacement or the whole box?

Posted by: 999 ()
Date: November 17, 2015 16:36

ironbelly
Just out of curiosity. Did they sent just 2CD for replacement or the whole box?

Just 2CDs in a plastic slipcase.

Posted by: tornnfrayed ()
Date: November 18, 2015 19:51

Just out of curiosity I watched some of the Stones 1990 Tokyo concert on youtube. This was 25 years ago after all and maybe, I thought, they were not as bad as I remembered them then. But after watching some of this show, I must say they were worse than I had remembered.

Just for the heck of it I then watched some 72 footage from MSG. No comparison. The Stones were a truly great band in 1972. 18 years later they were a joke, a parody of themselves.

Posted by: masseywinos ()
Date: November 18, 2015 20:38

And let me guess tornfrayed every tour has gotten worse blah blah blah. I for one enjoy all the eras of the band. The rebellious reckless loose early to mid eras to the latter day tight sounding shows. I really enjoyed Tokyo as well as the 4 shows I saw on that tour.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 19, 2015 08:23

I watched this with some trepidation, but so far I've been pleasantly surprised. Harlem Shuffle didn't quite have the bounce of the single, but it was still damn good to hear live. Ruby Tuesday? Come on, what's not to like? I don't care for the studio Rock and A Hard Place, but here it comes off as a great production, like Out of Control was on the '99 tour. And I haven't even got to the Paint It Black/2000 Light Years part. It was extremely special to get 2000 Lights Years From Home in concert.

Each tour has its specialness to it. 1975 was funky/sleazy. '78 was punk. Hampton '81 was just a special night. I'm not fond of the post Wyman era, and it's pretty flat since 2005, but No Security stands out as the last GREAT Stones tour.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 19, 2015 08:56

masseywinos
And let me guess tornfrayed every tour has gotten worse blah blah blah. I for one enjoy all the eras of the band. The rebellious reckless loose early to mid eras to the latter day tight sounding shows. I really enjoyed Tokyo as well as the 4 shows I saw on that tour.

I agree there is generally something to like about every era Stones shows but I must admit this is the first time I've heard them described as tight.

Posted by: jenyk ()
Date: November 19, 2015 10:04

My Xmas wish: [www.bontonland.cz]

Posted by: RockingLonestar ()
Date: November 19, 2015 11:50

tornnfrayed
Just out of curiosity I watched some of the Stones 1990 Tokyo concert on youtube. This was 25 years ago after all and maybe, I thought, they were not as bad as I remembered them then. But after watching some of this show, I must say they were worse than I had remembered.

Just for the heck of it I then watched some 72 footage from MSG. No comparison. The Stones were a truly great band in 1972. 18 years later they were a joke, a parody of themselves.

Some comments on this thread are really a joke, a parody of themselves.

-
Date: November 19, 2015 19:23

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-25 16:36 by midnrambler.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: November 19, 2015 22:20

midnrambler
Now, did anybody already receive correct discs?

Yes - I do have the same problem. weird to have it switched.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: November 19, 2015 22:21

Got my replacement discs today. smiling smiley

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: November 20, 2015 05:30

Naturalust
masseywinos

I agree there is generally something to like about every era Stones shows but I must admit this is the first time I've heard them described as tight.

Toight as opposed to loose.

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: November 21, 2015 13:25

Question for the vinyl release buyers. Are the channels reversed in this version too?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 11 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1453
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home