Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Phelge's Stones - which version and why???
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 23, 2015 10:05

LOL

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: August 23, 2015 17:59

Quite a sad tale after they leave Edith Grove and interesting that the distance between Brian and Mick/Keith kinda already began there. The changes following the arrival of ALO are so swift... Brian's personal life already a mess before the drugs came in.

Interesting how some friendships end though, Keith and James saying goodbye after a visit to the cinema and then no more. Such is life.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-23 18:01 by His Majesty.

Date: August 23, 2015 18:12

Thanks, James! The book arrived today thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-29 18:25 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: August 30, 2015 20:15

Hey James....just ordered the book through your site. As I live (using your pun) a stones throw from Edith Grove and pass it frequently, I have often wondered about the day to day existence of living there at that time and so am looking forward to reading the book to find out! All the best, Chris.

Posted by: Zagalo ()
Date: August 31, 2015 01:48

Many thanks, James - book arrived safely - signing it, etc was a nice touch and much appreciated.
Really enjoying it (a quarter of the way through so far) - great stuff!
Cheers ( JB )

Posted by: JamesPhelge00 ()
Date: September 2, 2015 00:08

His Majesty
Quite a sad tale after they leave Edith Grove and interesting that the distance between Brian and Mick/Keith kinda already began there. The changes following the arrival of ALO are so swift... Brian's personal life already a mess before the drugs came in.

Interesting how some friendships end though, Keith and James saying goodbye after a visit to the cinema and then no more. Such is life.

Things get dictated by circumstance. I think that moved was pre - planned somehow I think Mick said Andrew had found him and Keith a flat. Brian took the easy option to shack up at Linda's. I would probably expected the two guitar guys to hang out together - but Mick and Keith had no baggage as such. Maybe Brian figured he was the boss and cut above them - or was peeved at not being invited to the new place - which wasn't big enough. I dunno, either way it was the beginning of his decline. Seems ironic that the bands success began his downfall

We didn't really say good bye, just a see you later kinda thing.... this band was only supposed to last around 3 years

Thanks to those thst ordered books - I have posted them all out. Guess there will be a few busy reading right now. ))

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: September 9, 2015 10:33

You can have a new glass, my copy is there now. Thanks James! smileys with beer

Posted by: JamesPhelge00 ()
Date: September 21, 2015 14:15

ouroux58
You can have a new glass, my copy is there now. Thanks James! smileys with beer

Glad you got your copy now. Have only ever lost 2 in the mail - one in America and another in Canada. No idea where they go as they just never turn up....

hey, maybe they're on Ebay.....)

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: September 24, 2015 02:29

Received here in CA today, thank you for inscription, excellent. Looking forward to the read, and addition to my library-- S.

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: September 24, 2015 15:43

James,

I bought your book when it first came out and really enjoyed it. I dont recall if i bought it form a bookstore over here in the states or online, but after hearing your story, I hope i got it from a source from which you profitted. I've always recomended it to others as a good read.

I've read so much about the Stones over the years most follow the same formula, which is why your book (and Bill German's) was so unique. It offered a veiw from a perspective that "real" authors just can't give us.

You mentioned above that you have another book partially written...whats that going to be about.

Date: February 23, 2016 17:50

I forgot to tell you, James, how much I enjoyed your book!

The biting incident made be laugh for so long that I had to put down the book for a while. Priceless stuff grinning smiley

A very interesting book – highly recommended thumbs up

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1666
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home