Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
OT: If you don't like Bono....
Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: August 2, 2015 05:54

(deleted)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-11 07:20 by Turner68.

Re: OT: If you don't like Bono....
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 2, 2015 05:59

I don't wanna read it ... so please is there
any chance you could sum it up for me in like one short sentence

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: August 2, 2015 06:02

Sure: "Bono is a phony hypocrite egomaniac whose music is unoriginal
And formulaic"

Date: August 2, 2015 06:10

Hmmmmmmmm I knew there was a reason I've never let 'em inta The Bunker

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: August 2, 2015 06:33

Rockman

He's probably already there. Surely you have a copy of War or Johsua Tree or perhaps even Rattle and Hum layin' around....., no?

Date: August 2, 2015 06:41

Oh heck NO .... but mind you I have read about 'em and
a good friend started to mention Eno just before the floor opened up .... Sad

ROCKMAN

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 2, 2015 09:53

Naturalust
Rockman

He's probably already there. Surely you have a copy of War or Johsua Tree or perhaps even Rattle and Hum layin' around....., no?

Achtung Baby was the pinnacle, and what an album it was. They are probably the biggest act that emerged since the 80s but their catalogue is a fraction of the Stones.

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: August 2, 2015 17:27

Repetitiveness generally isn’t all that grave a crime in pop music. For example, literally every song the Red Hot Chili Peppers have ever recorded is just Anthony Kiedis saying “Llama gamma busy hella fizzy California” over the opening credits music from The Cosby Show, and they’ve been doing it for over 30 years and nobody cares. This is because the Red Hot Chili Peppers are just some goofballs turning the crank and hoping it’ll spit out another “Under the Bridge,” and they know it as well as we do, and hey, the world is full of people turning cranks. Much of life is crank-turning. Nobody can get mad at the Red Hot Chili Peppers. It would be like getting mad at a fry cook because his quarter-pounders always taste the same.

LOL! I laughed hard at this bit, and I do like RHCP very much! grinning smiley

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: August 2, 2015 17:37

Rockman
Oh heck NO .... but mind you I have read about 'em and
a good friend started to mention Eno just before the floor opened up .... Sad

hahahah

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: August 2, 2015 17:41

First time I ever saw Bono was in Daly City 1986...he was a force to be reckoned with...still is. I don't follow the band anymore but they are fantatsic when they wanna be

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 2, 2015 18:09

First saw them around 1980 in a small venue in Arnhem, Holland, de Stokvishal. 400 people.

Saw them many times since, but stopped about 5 years ago. Too bombastic, and not with a Swagger like the Stones.

But, i must admit, they used to be a great band.

and...i have nothing against Bono. I have something against Larry, the drummer. An old girlfriend kissed him, around 1981 and i was very, very upset.

Jeroen

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: August 2, 2015 18:17

corriecas
First saw them around 1980 in a small venue in Arnhem, Holland, de Stokvishal. 400 people.

Saw them many times since, but stopped about 5 years ago. Too bombastic, and not with a Swagger like the Stones.

and...i have nothing against Bono. I have something against Larry, the drummer. An old girlfriend kissed him, around 1981 and i was very, very upset.

Jeroen

Why were you dating an old girlfriend?

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: August 2, 2015 18:38

corriecas
An old girlfriend kissed him, around 1981 and i was very, very upset.
Jeroen

...must have been naomi campbell i guesssmiling smiley

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: August 2, 2015 18:40

If you don't like Bono.................hands up..........

hot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smiley

I just burnt 4000 discs to my HDs and gave the discs to a charity shop but I didn't bother burning the U2 ones...........talk about bloatware..........

Date: August 2, 2015 18:43

U2´s last albums were indeed quite formulaic.
Seems to be the fate of most bands after having reached their creative peak. They only can disband or spiral down.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 2, 2015 18:47

Munichhilton
corriecas

Jeroen

why do you think, ask Jagger
jeroen

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: August 2, 2015 18:51

"U2´s last albums were indeed quite formulaic. Seems to be the fate of most bands after having reached their creative peak. They only can disband or spiral down."

I'd say this is pretty true from the Stones through Springsteen through Petty and the Heartbreakers through Neil Young through Dylan and on and on. One can only be thankful the Beatles broke up when they did.

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: August 2, 2015 18:53

I find Bono annoying and think his music is ok. I get sick to my stomach once when during an interview about his music he was asked who his infuences were and he said Elvis and MLK.

One thing I better not find is someone who always goes around knocking Bono but idolizes John Lennon. Bono is Lennon light.

Date: August 2, 2015 19:01

I liked him more before he became Chaz...such a sweet girl.

Date: August 2, 2015 19:02

Munichhilton
corriecas

Jeroen

grandma issues

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: August 2, 2015 19:33

franzk

Repetitiveness generally isn’t all that grave a crime in pop music. For example, literally every song the Red Hot Chili Peppers have ever recorded is just Anthony Kiedis saying “Llama gamma busy hella fizzy California” over the opening credits music from The Cosby Show, and they’ve been doing it for over 30 years and nobody cares. This is because the Red Hot Chili Peppers are just some goofballs turning the crank and hoping it’ll spit out another “Under the Bridge,” and they know it as well as we do, and hey, the world is full of people turning cranks. Much of life is crank-turning. Nobody can get mad at the Red Hot Chili Peppers. It would be like getting mad at a fry cook because his quarter-pounders always taste the same.

LOL! I laughed hard at this bit, and I do like RHCP very much! grinning smiley

Great quote, and eggzactly sums up why i can't stand RHCP

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: August 2, 2015 19:34

I'm only familiar with a handful of U2 songs so couldn't disagree or agree, but thought the piece was witty and well written. I have thought John Lennon a hypocrite, preaching peace and love with Yoko during which he didn't see Julian for four years.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 2, 2015 19:39

The pissdork that wrote that pathetic blog comes off as an angry little millennial, that somehow his entitlement to whatever fantasy land he lives in, which probably has My Morning Jacket as the soundtrack, is threatened by, I dunno, the idea of actually having to work or get his ass off of mom's couch. Somehow, bizarrely, Bono threatens that very lack of identity that that bearded pissdrinking blogger gnat has.

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: August 2, 2015 19:53

Agreed saw their first tour and maybe next one very very good. Their last several albums have sucked plus his persona is a combination of boring and pompous. Plus we all know they have extra musicians under the stage

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: August 2, 2015 19:58

how'd you know i like MMJ?

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: August 2, 2015 20:01

Still a U2 fan but have lost a little love for them through the years. Don't know that Bono is any more a hypocrite than anyone else. But yeah he gets annoying, especially with the religious stuff (for me). In my opinion they're the last (big) band to make it in.

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: August 2, 2015 21:40

Title5Take1
I'm only familiar with a handful of U2 songs so couldn't disagree or agree, but thought the piece was witty and well written. I have thought John Lennon a hypocrite, preaching peace and love with Yoko during which he didn't see Julian for four years.

I always thought Lennon to be a hypocrite,an idiot with too much time on his hands, and a complete narcissist. Its amazing that so many gullible people fell for it. He was like a gullibility test.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: August 2, 2015 22:13

Date: August 2, 2015 22:15

Simple minded me always thought of Lennon as a musical genius. smiling smiley

Thinking of Lennon as a hypocrite, idiot and narcissist is probably the same some other people think of Mick Jaggergrinning smiley
So they must be two of a kindsmiling smiley

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: August 2, 2015 22:24

In the 80's and 90's he helped write a couple dozen songs that are truly classic and amazing, and his activism and charity work has no doubt actually made a positive difference in a few lives and raised some awareness of important issues. By all accounts, he is generally accommodating and kind to fans. He's not perfect, but who is? I don't get all the hate.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2049
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home