Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Wilco free download
Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: July 30, 2015 22:53

Wilco is offering their new album as a free download from the Wilco site.
Good band and the price is right.

Re: OT: Wilco free download
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 30, 2015 22:59

swimtothemoon
Wilco is offering their new album as a free download from the Wilco site.
Good band and the price is right.

Wilco without Jay Bennett is like peanut butter without jelly. But thanks for the post, I will consider it if it gets some decent reviews.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: July 31, 2015 12:23

It's a great album that keeps getting better with each listening. Rockier than the past few, they are letting Nels Cline cut loose more. Jay Bennett was an immense talent but as a live band, this lineup is taking no prisoners. I really like how they kept the new record a secret & didn't play any of the new songs until the day the cd appeared on the net. Pretty cool. I got a tape of the Pitchfork Festival set that starts with the whole new album played straight through. The upcoming dates should be outstanding!

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: July 31, 2015 15:29

I like the rockier side of Wilco and this is chock full of grooving' songs. Very nice and I'll be enjoying this for a long time(Good lord willin'….haha)

Date: August 2, 2015 19:25

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: August 2, 2015 19:31

Really good album. Art/Indie rock.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: August 3, 2015 04:47

Fantastic album! Their best since Hotel Yankee. . . Naturalist, Wilco is still a kicking band. A fantastic live show to boot!

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: August 3, 2015 04:55

Pickled Ginger and Cold Shoulder are stellar. Really love this album.

Date: August 3, 2015 05:14

whitem8
Fantastic album! Their best since Hotel Yankee. . . Naturalist, Wilco is still a kicking band. A fantastic live show to boot!

Thanks whitem8. I know Jeff and John pretty well. Knew Jay B. even better, a true friend and amazing talent. My reasons for not liking the current lineup are purely personal. I'm sure the record is great. I also believe the live show is good but after seeing many Uncle Tupelo shows and many Wilco shows from 1996 to around 1999 I doubt they can hold up to my high expectations. Saw Jeff solo this summer and was less than impressed.

But I'm glad you and others are digging it.

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: August 3, 2015 06:18

I first saw Uncle a Tupelo in '94, and eventually became a Wilco fan. I enjoy Sun Volt too, but Wilco, to me, is a band that has really evolved into something very unique. True, it is not the same band as the 'Summerteeth' line-up, and never will be, but I love what Jeffy Tweedy, Nels Cline and Wilco have done over the years. It is a great love experience; the Solid Sound festival in W. MA was brilliant.

Date: August 3, 2015 07:33

I'm very familiar with their music but anyone who saw them around the time of Being There, in the 1996 to 1999 time frame can attest the had a real Stones Exile vibe going on. The live shows were very special and raw and rocking. Jay Bennett was such an amazing guitarist. His hands were tiny like a kids but he could make that SG sound so rocking and soulful, amazing pedal steel like bends and just real emotional solos. An amazing mix of acoustic and electric with an entire set of great songs.

Nels is a great and accomplished guitarist but he just doesn't have the raw emotional effect on me that Jay did. When Jeff and Jay sang harmonies together it was like seeing Keith and Mick at their best, it just hit you in the gut. Anybody who saw them close the set with Kingpin after a couple hours of amazing tunes knows what I'm talking about. That's when they achieved a loyal and dedicated fan base, touring constantly and playing theaters and small clubs. For me it's like some people here feel about the Taylor era Stones, they can never get back there no matter how hard they try.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1742
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home