Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: DIRTY WORK DeLuxe 2016.
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 15, 2015 21:51

keefriffhards
I think people have been urged to feel Dirty Work is a crap album through sound bites
Sheeple will just go along with what people suggest
I thought DW was a good album at the time it came out and i still think its a good album today
Just think of the rubbish it was in competition with in 85' 86'
Duran Duran , Motley Crue

Mmmmmm.

No.

It's a piece of shit album. Their worst ever.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: August 15, 2015 22:29

GasLightStreet
keefriffhards
I think people have been urged to feel Dirty Work is a crap album through sound bites
I thought DW was a good album at the time it came out and i still think its a good album today

Mmmmmm.

No.

Well i really like it

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: August 15, 2015 22:32

GasLightStreet

...It's a piece of shit album. Their worst ever.

What an eloquent, detailed analysis.

Olly.

Posted by: FOGGY ()
Date: August 15, 2015 22:35

I've always liked this record so there's no accounting for good or bad taste!
Even the NME gave it a fair review at the time. It's reputation may well have improved had it been the last ever Stones album.

Just out of interest was it Keith/Ronnie's decision to have Steve Lillywhite as co-producer?

A deluxe version would be interesting....Paul McCartney is re-releasing his 1982 album TUG OF WAR in a newly remixed version with a second disc of rarities/outtakes plus the remastered original mix. A DW deluxe along these lines would be well worth it. Do any of the tracks with Bobby Womack's vocals (or Don Covay for that matter) exist?

Date: August 15, 2015 22:35

Olly
GasLightStreet

And what attitude

I think gaslight has a lot of gas

How can anyone call Sleep Tonight a piece of sh-t

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-15 22:45 by keefriffhards.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: August 15, 2015 22:53

After Mick Jagger´s terrible She´s The Boss-album from 1985 I was very happy to hear a hard rocking Stones-LP in 1986. It´s a good one.

Maybe those who criticise are older of age, grew up with 60s/70s-music and simply hate 80s-music, even the albums the Stones released in the 80s, what do I know...

So keep on hating the album, I don´t mind. I like it and I know I´m in good company.

Date: August 15, 2015 22:59

HMS
After Mick Jagger´s terrible She´s The Boss-album from 1985 I was very happy to hear a hard rocking Stones-LP in 1986. It´s a good one.

Maybe those who criticise are older of age, grew up with 60s/70s-music and simply hate 80s-music, even the albums the Stones released in the 80s, what do I know...

So keep on hating the album, I don´t mind. I like it and I know I´m in good company.

thumbs upthumbs upsmileys with beer

Date: August 15, 2015 23:56

Olly
GasLightStreet

When something like DIRTY WORK sucks so bad it doesn't need a 10 page thesis about why.

Date: August 15, 2015 23:57

keefriffhards
Olly
GasLightStreet

And what attitude

I think gaslight has a lot of gas

How can anyone call Sleep Tonight a piece of sh-t

I said the album. There are good songs on it, that one included - even though Keith ripped off the bridge in Coming Down Again for the main melody of the song. But a few good songs can not take away from the awfulness of the rest, hence, the album blows.

Date: August 16, 2015 00:00

HMS

I was excited when it came out considering Harlem Shuffle was killer. I was in... 10th grade, I think. It certainly fit in with the times. Unfortunately it's too much of an eye sore and ear sore in the canon of their discography. Aged well it hasn't.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: August 16, 2015 00:07

Sleep Tonight, like a lot of Keiths soul/jazzy songs, goes nowhere.
A nice idea (Keith) with no one to really finish it properly (Mick).

Had It With You is the reason I'm glad Dirty Work was released. Great, great stuff... although I would like to hear a bass guitar in there.

BTW... She's The Boss is a real fine album. A masterpiece compared to Dirty Work.

Date: August 16, 2015 00:13

BowieStone

Had It With You is the reason I'm glad Dirty Work was released. Great, great stuff... although I would like to hear a bass guitar in there.

BTW... She's The Boss is a real fine album. A masterpiece compared to Dirty Work.

HA HA! Jeeeesh, had no idea that some people think of DIRTY WORK as even that bad. That's really bad.

Date: August 16, 2015 00:22

BowieStone

Bowie Stone you do make me laugh, i will give you that. Do you just go out of your way to bash Keith, or do you really believe what you say
I mean, Had It with You is terrible, but i'm sure Mick wrote it so its good with you
She's the boss is arguably better forgotten by most Stones fans along with Dirty Work, so i guess your right about something
No hard feelings we just agree to differ and we both like Bowie so that's good smiling smiley

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: August 16, 2015 00:26

FOGGY

A deluxe version would be interesting....Paul McCartney is re-releasing his 1982 album TUG OF WAR in a newly remixed version with a second disc of rarities/outtakes plus the remastered original mix. A DW deluxe along these lines would be well worth it. Do any of the tracks with Bobby Womack's vocals (or Don Covay for that matter) exist?

Yup, if nothing else it would allow a bigger audience than fans that own bootlegs etc to get more insight in to the making of the album and how it could have been different and so on.

@#$%& it, I'm off to listen to Dirty Work! hot smileyeye popping smileygrinning smiley

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: August 16, 2015 00:57

GasLightStreet
scottkeef
still better than that bloody awful "Undercover" LP.....

How many concussions have you had?

apparently one less than you..

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: August 16, 2015 01:09

Glad to make people laugh.

I don't bash Keith - you really need to stop accusing people of that; most of us actually listen to what he does and not just have an orgasm when we see his name or face.
In a career of 50+ years, of course the man is responsible for some lesser material. If that is bashing in your book, fine.
People here are stones fans...hence Keith fans. Let them have an opinion other than yours.

But I do think Keith is valued too high compared to Mick.
That's why I probably will always defend Mick. Keith doesn't need defending, everybody adores him (so do I).

But if I think She's The Boss is better than Dirty Work, believe me, I'm not the only one.

How much of a Keith fan are you anyway? Had It With You is a Keith track. Just listen to the lyrics, just look at the title... who do you think was he writing about?

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: August 16, 2015 01:12

GasLightStreet
Olly
GasLightStreet

When something like DIRTY WORK sucks so bad it doesn't need a 10 page thesis about why.

Eggzactly! ... how can one describe a piece of $hit, eloquently?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 16, 2015 02:03

FOGGY
I've always liked this record so there's no accounting for good or bad taste!
Even the NME gave it a fair review at the time. It's reputation may well have improved had it been the last ever Stones album.

Just out of interest was it Keith/Ronnie's decision to have Steve Lillywhite as co-producer?

Are you justifying a Dirty Work Deluxe set by virtue of a weak Paul McCartney release?

I guess in that case, they certainly should put out the superdeluxe version of DW, with a hard cover book containing a full set of photos from the neon & couch photo shoot. At what point during the shoot does Mick take his shoes off?

Date: August 16, 2015 02:03

LeonidP
GasLightStreet
Olly
GasLightStreet

Yes, just wanted to add that anything beyond a 'one-liner' is a bit overkill.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: August 16, 2015 02:17

treaclefingers
LeonidP
GasLightStreet
Olly
GasLightStreet

When something like DIRTY WORK sucks so bad it doesn't need a 10 page thesis about why.[/quote

Yes, just wanted to add that anything beyond a 'one-liner' is a bit overkill.

nice you didn't say a bit superheavy...

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: August 16, 2015 02:24

treaclefingers

I guess in that case, they certainly should put out the superdeluxe version of DW, with a hard cover book containing a full set of photos from the neon & couch photo shoot. At what point during the shoot does Mick take his shoes off?

eye popping smiley

Date: August 16, 2015 05:13

His Majesty
treaclefingers

eye popping smiley

I know, shocking right?! I'm surprised it even occurred to me!

Date: August 16, 2015 09:38

BowieStone
Glad to make people laugh.

I don't bash Keith - you really need to stop accusing people of that; most of us actually listen to what he does and not just have an orgasm when we see his name or face.
In a career of 50+ years, of course the man is responsible for some lesser material. If that is bashing in your book, fine.
People here are stones fans...hence Keith fans. Let them have an opinion other than yours.

But I do think Keith is valued too high compared to Mick.
That's why I probably will always defend Mick. Keith doesn't need defending, everybody adores him (so do I).

But if I think She's The Boss is better than Dirty Work, believe me, I'm not the only one.

How much of a Keith fan are you anyway? Had It With You is a Keith track. Just listen to the lyrics, just look at the title... who do you think was he writing about?

You have some valid points there, and i agree with you about what you say about Keith being adored and its kind of fair to defend Mick's corner sometimes.
I never really thought about it that way before. Cheers

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: August 16, 2015 10:26

GasLightStreet
keefriffhards

Mmmmmm.

No.

Maybe you have to listen ABB yet.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: August 16, 2015 11:14

Great LP.luv the tracks,cover and the dirty red bag it came in.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: August 16, 2015 11:35

Reading all these negative comments about Dirty Work makes me love the album even more than beforespinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: August 16, 2015 11:38

HMS
Reading all these negative comments about Dirty Work makes me love the album even more than beforespinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I don't know your real name but great minds think alike HMS
Cheers John

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 16, 2015 11:47

I can't believe there's four pages on this one of the worst Stones albums. There are 3-4 good songs on it, but for the most part if you listen to it closely, you can hear the seams and the edits. This is not a good work, and too much trashcan/Steve Jordanish drums on it. Undercover and Dirty Work should be combined into one decent album, although it would still only have 5-6 songs.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 16, 2015 12:05

24FPS
too much trashcan/Steve Jordanish drums on it.

Thx for raising the issue. The hard-hitting style of Jordan is what propels the songs into OTT/hard-rock territory. It works on "One Hit" not so much on the rest of the songs.
DW is the album that shows Charlie's light touch and subtle swing are essential to the band. When he went AWOL the qualty of the music dove down.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-16 15:08 by dcba.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: August 16, 2015 14:11

24FPS
I can't believe there's four pages on this one of the worst Stones albums. There are 3-4 good songs on it, but for the most part if you listen to it closely, you can hear the seams and the edits. This is not a good work, and too much trashcan/Steve Jordanish drums on it. Undercover and Dirty Work should be combined into one decent album, although it would still only have 5-6 songs.

These four pages are about DIRTY WORK DeLuxe, not about Dirty Work.
Have you heard the songs that did not make the official release? Charlie drums on most of them.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1200
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home