Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 51
Re: The Rolling Stones 2016 tour rumours
Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: July 24, 2015 17:59

[www1.folha.uol.com.br]

[musica.uol.com.br]

Not just rumour, it is confirmed

Está oficialmente confirmado. A banda Rolling Stones se apresentará em São Paulo, no estádio Allianz Parque, do Palmeiras, nos dias 21 e 23 de fevereiro de 2016, respectivamente domingo e terça-feira. A informação foi confirmada ao UOL pela assessoria de imprensa da AEG, empresa que administra o estádio.

Posted by: 1969Fan ()
Date: July 24, 2015 18:02

mtaylor
[www1.folha.uol.com.br]

[musica.uol.com.br]

Está oficialmente confirmado. A banda Rolling Stones se apresentará em São Paulo, no estádio Allianz Parque, do Palmeiras, nos dias 21 e 23 de fevereiro de 2016, respectivamente domingo e terça-feira. A informação foi confirmada ao UOL pela assessoria de imprensa da AEG, empresa que administra o estádio.

I can't be there, but VERY COOL! Enjoy them To The Max, Brazil.

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: July 24, 2015 18:48

1969Fan
mtaylor
[www1.folha.uol.com.br]

[musica.uol.com.br]

So BV have a look: After all this "noise" we have solid news!smiling smiley

I can't be there, but VERY COOL! Enjoy them To The Max, Brazil.

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: July 24, 2015 18:49

mtaylor
[www1.folha.uol.com.br]

[musica.uol.com.br]

So BV have a look: After all this "noise" we have solid news!smiling smiley

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: July 24, 2015 18:53

DeanGoodman
shattered

Met a gal from Argentina before the Minneapolis show. She loves Keith and couldn't wait for a South America tour. Maybe I should return the favor.

What favor did she give you?

She took a snap of me with her handmade flag of Keith.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: July 24, 2015 23:02

very happy for all the south american stones fans, you guys deserve it!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: July 25, 2015 02:48

Koen
They were only rumors from flag waving Argentinian fans, so how can they be postponed?

I know they are passionate fans but what is with waving the flags and the soccer jerseys at Stones shows? Do they not realize that people behind them paid good money to see the band? They pissed a lot of people off at the Zip Code shows.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: July 25, 2015 21:33

georgeV
Koen
They were only rumors from flag waving Argentinian fans, so how can they be postponed?

I know they are passionate fans but what is with waving the flags and the soccer jerseys at Stones shows? Do they not realize that people behind them paid good money to see the band? They pissed a lot of people off at the Zip Code shows.

Took a sign to a show in Holland and was told to take it down. Lesson learned.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: July 25, 2015 21:39

georgeV
Koen

i wonder the same about all the (north) americans with their arms up in the air recording each song, but that's unfortunately our concert culture these days (i'm american, btw)....the thing about the stones is that it is an international band and cultures are going to come together.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: July 25, 2015 21:45

jrcjohnny99
indystonesfan
Agree with Olly on this one.

locations like Reno, Calgary don't have the venues nor could charge the ticket prices needed to meet Stones guarantee.

As someone who lived in Reno in the 90s, there is an area there on the University of Nevada Campus that they could play....however, in 1999, the Stones played Sacramento (2 hours from Reno). Reno/Tahoe people are used to traveling to Sac for the big bands and it serves a lot of Northern California plus San Fran bay area people can make it too.

Posted by: indystonesfan ()
Date: July 26, 2015 15:13

little queenie
jrcjohnny99
indystonesfan
Agree with Olly on this one.

locations like Reno, Calgary don't have the venues nor could charge the ticket prices needed to meet Stones guarantee.

As someone who lived in Reno in the 90s, there is an area there on the University of Nevada Campus that they could play....however, in 1999, the Stones played Sacramento (2 hours from Reno). Reno/Tahoe people are used to traveling to Sac for the big bands and it serves a lot of Northern California plus San Fran bay area people can make it too.

Levi's stadium in San Jose seems a logical choice next go around but I'm thinking after SA it might be a downsized tour of auditoriums and theaters... The special venue tour that was rumored to be part of Zip Code at the beginning. That would open up a set list discussion... Can you imagine theaters in SF, Seattle, Red Rocks, Grand Ole Opry, etc?

Posted by: bam ()
Date: July 26, 2015 15:28

indystonesfan,

bv (and others) keep politely asking that a separate thread be created for wishlists. Please leave this thread for actual rumors. Thanks.

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: July 26, 2015 17:09

crawdaddy
The Rolling Stones are a London band, as they point out on their Facebook page.

I don't say we deserve more shows here in London, but there is no place like home for any top band or artist, in my humble opinion.

I do live in hope that we will get something before the end of 2016, but my guess is it will be sometime while the Stones exhibition is on down The Kings Road ,between April and September.

Bring it on. thumbs up

Absolutely.

Of course, as has been pointed out, the Stones are popular in many places.

Questions regarding where the band are most popular; where they have been most critically and commercially successful, where they are most in demand, etc. are largely open for debate.

The fact that they are a British band is not, and it shouldn't be forgotten.

Olly.

Posted by: leahoneill ()
Date: July 28, 2015 00:49

Ultimately they will end up in London...but certainly in the good weather...I would think?

Posted by: leahoneill ()
Date: July 28, 2015 00:52

Agreed with exhibition going on in London makes sense...lots of equipment to move a long distance!..

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: July 28, 2015 01:58

Sat next to people from Argentina in buffalo 9th row they waved a flag all nite nobody complained everyone was rock n it was great !

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: July 30, 2015 12:22

My mum and my sister met Ronnie wood this week when he was shopping and my mums friend asked Ronnie where are the Stones going next and he replied South America.
This is not breaking news I know but it is a little piece of hope that this tour will hopefully go ahead this time and I really hope it does as I am planning to go and see the Stones in South America.

Nate thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-30 12:25 by Nate.

Date: July 31, 2015 21:30

I met Ronnie Wood and Jimmy White the snooker player today
I asked Ronnie about South America and he said it should go ahead in February and March.

Ronnie,Jimmy and me

nate thumbs up

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-31 21:33 by Nate.

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: July 31, 2015 21:35

Nate
I asked Ronnie about South America and he said it should go ahead in February and March.

Ronnie,Jimmy and me

nate thumbs up

Nate, whereabouts was this? Somewhere in London, I presume.

Was anything else discussed?

Olly.

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: July 31, 2015 21:39

Thye need to play Mad Sq Garden - 5 shows

Date: July 31, 2015 21:58

Olly
Nate

Ronnie,Jimmy and me

nate thumbs up

Nate, whereabouts was this? Somewhere in London, I presume.

Was anything else discussed?

Ronnie lives near me.
I wanted to ask Ronnie about South America and that's what we talked about.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: August 2, 2015 19:41

Stones50

Agreed! Plus Boston and Philly

Posted by: jkundl ()
Date: August 4, 2015 18:31

More Hot Rocks
jkundl
If they come back to America next summer/year, they should play in these cities: Vegas (MGM Grand Garden Arena), Chicago (Solider Field), Denver (Red Rocks), Fort Worth, TX (Texas Motorspeedway) or Arlington, TX (Rangers Ballpark), NYC (Madison Square Garden), & other cities! I wanna hear what y'all think

Never in Texas again. Dull dull crowd. I never saw so many people sitting on their hands.

Only reason people were sitting down is because of how awful the acoustics are at Jerry World. They should of done Texas Motor Speedway or Zilker Park in Austin

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: August 4, 2015 18:43

Nate

Ronnie,Jimmy and me

nate thumbs up

awesome!

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: August 4, 2015 19:41

East Coast USA! Plus their home! NYC - Mad Sq Garden!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: August 5, 2015 03:11

Stones50

And this thread needs to stay on topic. So is MSG x 5 a rumour or a wishlist?

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: August 5, 2015 05:02

OK, I'll ask AGAIN! Is Jimmy White a member of the Stones INNER CIRCLE? Is he friends w/ Mick too? I ask because I think he's the man I saw having lunch with Mick in Montreal long ago, 1998. Does it matter if we STRAY off topic a bit? Does it matter if we say where we'd LIKE them to play? Are we THAT STRICT here??
And I think if we ask enough times about MSG, if it's a possibility, maybe we'll stir up a real answer!>grinning smiley<

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: August 5, 2015 05:24

I heard from a good source (some people from Universal) about a band meeting on mid-late October, the final word for a South American tour on Feb-March 2016 will be made there. A new studio album for late 2016 is on plans too.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 5, 2015 05:32

COOL nate .... thanks for sharing

ROCKMAN

Date: August 5, 2015 14:03

Rockman
COOL nate .... thanks for sharing

Your welcome

Nate thumbs up