Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 51
Re: The Rolling Stones 2016 tour rumours
Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: September 30, 2015 14:40

what countries in europe do you think they gonna visit?

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: September 30, 2015 15:31

What about Knebworth... 40 years ago 2016..

Date: September 30, 2015 15:36

zgredzik

Who?

Date: September 30, 2015 15:41

DandelionPowderman
zgredzik

Who?

Not the Who ;-) Stones

Date: September 30, 2015 15:42

mtaylor
DandelionPowderman
zgredzik

Who?

Not the Who ;-) Stones

Ah, them!

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: September 30, 2015 17:22

- Spain (Barcelona)
- Italy (Milan)
- France (Paris or Lyon)
- Holland (Amsterdam)
- Germany (Munich, Cologne and/or Hamburg or Stuttgart)
- Finland (Helsinki)
- Sweden (Goteborg)
- Russia (St.Petersburg)
- Poland (Warszaw or Chorzow)
- Serbia (Belgrad)
- Czek Rep. (Prague)
- Ireland (Slane Castle)
- England (Three show in London)

It's only a joke, but...

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: September 30, 2015 18:19

mailexile67
- Spain (Barcelona)
- Italy (Milan)
- France (Paris or Lyon)
- Holland (Amsterdam)
- Finland (Helsinki)
- Sweden (Goteborg)
- Russia (St.Petersburg)
- Serbia (Belgrad)
- Czek Rep. (Prague)
- Ireland (Slane Castle)

It's only a joke, but...

No US?confused smiley

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: September 30, 2015 18:29

mailexile67
BV...Is this the great news of next week?!Please say:yesss!!!!smileys with beersmileys with beerhot smileyhot smiley

I think what you are referring to was BV's post that he was currently devoting time and energy to his family and that he had something exciting coming up along those lines next week (good for him!). Not a Stones announcement or anything.

Is there reason to believe they will be getting together before the SA tour in the spring, not hopes but, as Rod would say reason to believe?

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: September 30, 2015 22:45

mtaylor
What about Knebworth... 40 years ago 2016..
Only with the same dope and the same People and line upeye rolling smiley

Date: October 1, 2015 00:07

Rokyfan
mailexile67
BV...Is this the great news of next week?!Please say:yesss!!!!smileys with beersmileys with beerhot smileyhot smiley

I think what you are referring to was BV's post that he was currently devoting time and energy to his family and that he had something exciting coming up along those lines next week (good for him!). Not a Stones announcement or anything.

Is there reason to believe they will be getting together before the SA tour in the spring, not hopes but, as Rod would say reason to believe?
Maybe his daughter or wife is pregnant.... don't know their age thoughsmileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-01 00:08 by mtaylor.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: October 1, 2015 02:00

Maybe it was mick appearing with Taylor swift

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: October 1, 2015 13:54

DandelionPowderman
mtaylor
DandelionPowderman
zgredzik

Who?

Not the Who ;-) Stones

Ah, them!

Them split in '66, didn't they?

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: October 3, 2015 19:30

Viagogo is advertising the rumoured Sao Paolo shows as on sale soon I do hope these blood sucking motherfxxxxxs don't get their hands on all the best tickets before the real fans can get them something really needs to be done to shut these sites down.

Nate

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: October 4, 2015 02:05

Nate
bv
According to rumours the Stones will play live next year in South America, North America, Asia and Europe. So why don't we add Australia and Africa to make it complete?

I did meet a penguin at the zoo the other day and he assured me that the stones will play Antarctica next year as well.

Nate >grinning smiley<

The Rolling Stones should play in Antarctica, then they will be the 2nd band who played on all continents. Metallica was the 1st.

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: October 8, 2015 16:21

Well... flights booked, I hope these dates are fairly accurate! I'm getting into BA Sat 2/6 in the morning, flying out the following Sunday night 2/14.Traveling with a few friends, if all goes according to the rumored dates we'll hit that first Sunday show, fly to Florianopolis, Brazil for a few beach days mid week then back to BA for the following weekend and the Sat show. I believe our plan is to rent an apartment verses going the hotel route.

Now we just need the Stones to announce the tour!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-08 16:22 by Gaetzi.

Date: October 8, 2015 16:24

RoughJusticeOnYa
DandelionPowderman
mtaylor
DandelionPowderman
zgredzik

Who?

Not the Who ;-) Stones

Ah, them!

Them split in '66, didn't they?

That move was a bad one...

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: October 8, 2015 16:38

mailexile67
- Spain (Barcelona)
- Italy (Milan)
- France (Paris or Lyon)
- Holland (Amsterdam)
- Finland (Helsinki)
- Sweden (Goteborg)
- Russia (St.Petersburg)
- Serbia (Belgrad)
- Czek Rep. (Prague)
- Ireland (Slane Castle)

It's only a joke, but...

I hope so, Mail.

Date: October 8, 2015 16:45

mailexile67
- Spain (Barcelona)
- Italy (Milan)
- France (Paris or Lyon)
- Holland (Amsterdam)
- Finland (Helsinki)
- Sweden (Goteborg)
- Russia (St.Petersburg)
- Serbia (Belgrad)
- Czek Rep. (Prague)
- Ireland (Slane Castle)

It's only a joke, but...

Yeah, I noticed that right away, since Oslo wasn't on the list winking smiley

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: October 8, 2015 17:56

DandelionPowderman
mailexile67
- Spain (Barcelona)
- Italy (Milan)
- France (Paris or Lyon)
- Holland (Amsterdam)
- Finland (Helsinki)
- Sweden (Goteborg)
- Russia (St.Petersburg)
- Serbia (Belgrad)
- Czek Rep. (Prague)
- Ireland (Slane Castle)

It's only a joke, but...

Yeah, I noticed that right away, since Oslo wasn't on the list winking smiley

Oooops, sorry BV!!smiling smileysmiling smileywinking smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 8, 2015 21:28

I just booked my hotel room in Havana. Montevideo long time ago. Buenos Aires ditto. I don't know if I can keep on doing this touring year after year after year, but I don't know what else to do and as soon as the band gather I just have to leave home and go where they are. It is an addition and I know I don't have a real life until I am in the same city as the Stones are when they are on tour. Once I hit Stonesland and my ears hear the riffs by Keith and the vocals my Mick and the drums by Charlie and the Ronnie solo guitar I am in Stones heaven and I could live there as long as it takes, still wild horses drag me away and home between rehearsals and gigs. Should I stay or should I go? I ask myself this question every day.

Bjornulf

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: October 8, 2015 21:33

now that is a big vote of confidence in the dates!

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: October 8, 2015 22:14

bv
I just booked my hotel room in Havana. Montevideo long time ago. Buenos Aires ditto. I don't know if I can keep on doing this touring year after year after year, but I don't know what else to do and as soon as the band gather I just have to leave home and go where they are. It is an addition and I know I don't have a real life until I am in the same city as the Stones are when they are on tour. Once I hit Stonesland and my ears hear the riffs by Keith and the vocals my Mick and the drums by Charlie and the Ronnie solo guitar I am in Stones heaven and I could live there as long as it takes, still wild horses drag me away and home between rehearsals and gigs. Should I stay or should I go? I ask myself this question every day.

This makes me feel a lot better about booking my Buenos Aires flight.. And man, the Stones in Cuba would be quite the trip!

Date: October 8, 2015 22:43

Just for the record, I do always book with the option of cancel at no cost. Nothing is confirmed yet. Add that extra 10% to the cost and you are safe. It is pre-Easter time in Cuba when the Stones arrive, most probably, Havana is filling up with tourists.

Bjornulf

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: October 8, 2015 23:01

It's a big decision to make when it comes to travelling and being away from family and home for some time.
I have had the same thing happen to me.
I just manage 4 or 5 days in Europe for each gig and a while longer elsewhere.
Probably have about 2-3 weeks South America and hopefully get to Cuba later for probably last gig of the Tour.

We all have family matters and commitments at home,but it is working out what is the right thing to do when thinking that The Rolling Stones are not gonna tour forever.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: October 8, 2015 23:02

bv

Please go. And please do another blog about it, with pictures. Please and thank you.

Date: October 8, 2015 23:10

I did not plan to make any travel advices for the South America tour until it is official, but it doesn't hurt to make some plans. As Mick is visiting Cuba and Havana now, it is telling me they are dead serious about performing in Havana. It will happen. Just before Easter, which is big in Catholic Cuba.

Everyone who have been to Cuba have felt the musical wibe that is there. You walk out in the streets in the evening. The kids are in the streets, they are playing and music is in the air. Since my first travel to Cuba in 2000 I wanted to go back, and I have been back to Cuba two more times. I wish I could go there more often, but due to Internet limitations I can't work from my hotel there, so I can only go when there is no work to be done, which is rare these days.

It is the vibe, the rich plantations, the Mojito, the Hemingway trails, Trinidad, the colonial style, the smiling kids, the Malecon, the old city, the fact that they do not serve meat on God Friday at Easter, the revolution history, the haircut I got at 5 dollar right next to the beautiful girl who had all the black curly hair as I walked down the stairs at the fortress area for a private haircut, the bananas sold privatly to the bus at the bus stop as you go from one city to another, the open people who want to talk to you and so on and so on.

I don't have any opinion on politics, sure I do have privately, but not in public. Cuba is always close to my heart. Also, baseball is big in Cuba. So big that their best players are welcome to the United States. Of course. That is what I am told. And when I had some Cohiba with me back home on one travel (I don't smoke, but you must buy some Cohiba hand rolled cigars, I still have them), stopover in Newark via Toronto, I was't sure if US immigration wanted to know, but I am from Norway and they are still not smoked still a souvenir so no harm. OK. Enough talk.

Staying in Cuba is cheap if you stay "casa particular". Just get the Rough Guides Cuba book, or some other of your favorite travel guides, and do some research. Or book through one of the large "local" sites like this one:

[www.cubatravelnetwork.com]

One of the largest hotels is this one, not in Havana center but on Malecon may be half an hour or 45 minutes away from the center, I would not stay there because I like it in the center, but many tourists like this one because of the large pool areas and the Malecon:

[www.hotelnacionaldecuba.com]

Cuba do not take US money or US cards so use VISA not Amex, and Euro no dollar. They have peso two sorts local and convertible. Just get the Rough Guide book and do some study, and make sure you visit Vinales and Trinidad, it is a must.

And forget politics. Like Mick said:

"We play for people, not policies"

Also, I would advice reading "The Old Man and The Sea" by Hemingway... Once I started reading it, I could not put it down until I was through it.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: October 8, 2015 23:11

I did also the booking for the Hotels with cancellation and no pepayment. However for Havanna I did not have any Chance to book without prepayment or any cancellation.
Any advice?

Posted by: argentina92 ()
Date: October 8, 2015 23:29

Gaetzi
bv

This makes me feel a lot better about booking my Buenos Aires flight.. And man, the Stones in Cuba would be quite the trip!

OMG! I want the Stones in my country!

Date: October 8, 2015 23:38

argentina92

OMG! I want the Stones in my country!

Argentina ... BA ... River Plate... Three shows. You don't have to travel far to see the Stones. I am looking forward to BA and... Quilmes!

Bjornulf

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: October 8, 2015 23:40

My friend and me are planning to fly down to South America from the UK for 7 shows in Argentina,Uruguay and Brazil but I'd really love to visit Cuba it really does look interesting.

Nate thumbs up

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 51

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1478
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home