Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 51
Re: The Rolling Stones 2016 tour rumours
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: October 8, 2015 23:47

My wife is Peruvian. Be careful in South America- they will compromise your personal time with festivities and parties. You will love the uniquess of the continent itself.

Posted by: argentina92 ()
Date: October 9, 2015 01:49

bv
argentina92

OMG! I want the Stones in my country!

Argentina ... BA ... River Plate... Three shows. You don't have to travel far to see the Stones. I am looking forward to BA and... Quilmes!

That's grrrrreat! But some friends of mine told me that the shows will be in La plata, Buenos aires (not river plate).

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: October 9, 2015 02:33

I would love to go to te Havana show, but as an American, I am unsure how to make it happen. I know of people who have gone there through mexico or other countries and in Cuba they did not stamp their passport, so the US officials never knew of the visit. I'm also aware that there are flights going there from the US, including right of of my city, Los Angeles. I'm unsure how to get approval from US officials on how to travel there, as I'm not a journalist and don't have family members in Cuba.

Have any Americans on this site traveled to Cuba with approval from the State Department?

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 9, 2015 02:44

argentina92
bv
argentina92

OMG! I want the Stones in my country!

Argentina ... BA ... River Plate... Three shows. You don't have to travel far to see the Stones. I am looking forward to BA and... Quilmes!

That's grrrrreat! But some friends of mine told me that the shows will be in La plata, Buenos aires (not river plate).

I heard that, too.

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: October 9, 2015 03:02

Halup
I would love to go to te Havana show, but as an American, I am unsure how to make it happen. I know of people who have gone there through mexico or other countries and in Cuba they did not stamp their passport, so the US officials never knew of the visit. I'm also aware that there are flights going there from the US, including right of of my city, Los Angeles. I'm unsure how to get approval from US officials on how to travel there, as I'm not a journalist and don't have family members in Cuba.

Have any Americans on this site traveled to Cuba with approval from the State Department?

they are stamping passports now but no worries. you get a tourist card from the country you are flying from. i will be using a flight from mexico city and then to cayman islands and then nyc. you just have to say/check form you are going for educational purposes. i can book it for you. www.dreamtimetravel.com

Posted by: dandelion1967 ()
Date: October 9, 2015 05:48

It will be a nice birthday gift if the Stones will play in La Plata on 10th February

smileys with beer

--------------------------------------------

"I'm gonna walk... before they make me run"

--------------------------------------------

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: October 9, 2015 07:26

We have a lot of Quilmes waiting for you bv and for everybody else of course! smileys with beer

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 9, 2015 08:59

Chris Fountain
My wife is Peruvian. Be careful in South America- they will compromise your personal time with festivities and parties. You will love the uniquess of the continent itself.

LOL, that was good! >grinning smiley<

Date: October 9, 2015 17:33

Mexico Tickets

I am considering going to one Mexico City show.

Do you think it will be like the Zip Code Tour for getting tickets.

No big rush?

Lots of GOOD tickets to be had after the initial first rush?

Any clue as to how it has been in the past?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 9, 2015 17:40

Travel to Cuba:

If you search through the normal channels there are no flights from USA to Cuba, but I am often to Miami, and on the screens at MIA airport there are always some direct flights to Havana with an airliner, don't remember which one, a special one, none of the larger ones. I think they fly people with cultural programs. Meeting people from other counties is for sure cultural, so I am sure it should be possible to use these. Anyway, there are regular flights from Toronto Canada, Cancun Mexio, Nassau Bahamas and several from Europe of course, directly to Havana and also to Varadero, so it is not that difficult, even if it is more of a hazzle than booking with Southwest...

Bjornulf

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: October 9, 2015 19:14

DREAMTIME
Halup

they are stamping passports now but no worries. you get a tourist card from the country you are flying from. i will be using a flight from mexico city and then to cayman islands and then nyc. you just have to say/check form you are going for educational purposes. i can book it for you. www.dreamtimetravel.com

I'm a Stones Fan, no family in Cuba, I applied, goes through the Dept. of Treasury, and still waiting for em to change the law.

Thank you Dreamtime.

Re: Mick in Cuba

Date: October 6, 2015 23:00

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: October 9, 2015 23:39

I know several US citizens who travel to Cuba through the Bahamas - Nassau.
When returning through Nassau you should plan to spend a night there. This will
allow you plenty of time to remove luggage tags and other evidence of your trip
to Cuba. When you leave Nassau to return to the USA you go through US customs
at the Nassau airport before you leave. They will ask what you were doing in
Nassau, where you stayed, how long you stayed etc. So you will need to be ready
with a "story" about your stay in Nassau or the out islands. Of course it
would help to be familiar with Nassau.

You will need to remind the Cuban customs not to stamp your passport. Put a note
around the passport so you do not forget - as this would be a big problem.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: October 10, 2015 00:42

When travelling to South America do not purchase or attempt to export illegal materials or consumerable goods. Even an innocent bottle of wine could be subject to scrutinty.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 10, 2015 12:24

It seems like the shows in Argentina will be in the city La Plata some 50 km i.e. 30 miles south of Buenos Aires, at the Estadio Ciudad de La Plata a.k.a. Estadio Único. Same dates as listed already.

[www.iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: October 10, 2015 12:30

bv
It seems like the shows in Argentina will be in the city La Plata some 50 km i.e. 30 miles south of Buenos Aires, at the Estadio Ciudad de La Plata a.k.a. Estadio Único. Same dates as listed already.

[www.iorr.org]

Thanks for the information I would like to ask if you know if it is good to stay in La Plata or base yourself in Buenos Aires and travel back and forth to La Plata for the shows ?

Thanks

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: shattterd ()
Date: October 10, 2015 16:11

Why do the not play The River Plate Stadium this time?

Posted by: shattterd ()
Date: October 10, 2015 16:18

Yes, the same question here ( as Nate) and a few more!
Is it better to find a accomodation in La Plata or in Buenos Aires?
If someone wants to share experince from previuosly visitis to Buenos Aires or/and La Plata about accomodation with aircondition that is ok, ( no need to be luxus) I will gladly read it?
Is there some areas where you should NOT stay ?

You Got me rocking, Hey Hey!

Posted by: fedecarp ()
Date: October 10, 2015 16:58

Hi everyone, I'm from Buenos Aires and I suggest you staying here and not in La Plata. There are a very few hotels and only one or two are fine. Also, there are very few options of things to do there, it's a very boring city (in my opinion), that's why I suggest people stay in Buenos Aires. There are some options to go to the show and come back after it (bus for example) and if not, in the worst case, you can share a cab between 3 or 4 and arrange with the driver to come back with him too.

I hope the thing could change and the Stones play River Plate, that would be easier for all of you that comme from other countrys.

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: October 10, 2015 17:11

maybe we could organise a minibus for a group of travelling fans?

Date: October 10, 2015 18:35

shattterd
Why do the not play The River Plate Stadium this time?

I'm glad we know now and not next year.

Meeting in Buenos Aires
Date: October 10, 2015 03:48

Hello everyone long ago that I do not write , this topic is to know if people who come to Buenos Aires next year are to gather for a meeting ?

Sergio
Buenos Aires Stones

Re: Meeting in Buenos Aires
Posted by: Nate ()
Date: October 10, 2015 10:39

My friend and me are coming down from the UK it would be good to have a big gathering of fans from all over the world and I promise not to bring Maggie Thatcher or Jeremy Clarkson along.

Nate >grinning smiley<

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: October 10, 2015 11:16

Nate , please take Jeremy Clarkson with you..................and leave him there >grinning smiley<

sc uk

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: October 10, 2015 19:50

Thanks to all this South American talk, I now have Barry Manilow's "Copacabana" thoroughly stuck in my head. I think it was bv mentioning Havana that did it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-10 19:53 by stones2000.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: October 10, 2015 20:59

fedecarp
Hi everyone, I'm from Buenos Aires and I suggest you staying here and not in La Plata. There are a very few hotels and only one or two are fine. Also, there are very few options of things to do there, it's a very boring city (in my opinion), that's why I suggest people stay in Buenos Aires. There are some options to go to the show and come back after it (bus for example) and if not, in the worst case, you can share a cab between 3 or 4 and arrange with the driver to come back with him too.

I hope the thing could change and the Stones play River Plate, that would be easier for all of you that comme from other countrys.

La Plata is not exactly a big topic of conversation on Tripadvisor:

[www.tripadvisor.com]

I see one web site is quoting about US$70 each way for Remis service from Recoleta to La Plata:

[remisesvlz.com]

Posted by: argentina92 ()
Date: October 10, 2015 23:32

fedecarp

I'm agree with you.

I'm from Buenos Aires.

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: October 11, 2015 00:05

'Ere Mick, 'ere Keef, sort out River Plate Stadium... NOW!! smiling smiley

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: October 11, 2015 01:11

Nate
My friend and me are coming down from the UK it would be good to have a big gathering of fans from all over the world and I promise not to bring Maggie Thatcher or Jeremy Clarkson along.

Nate >grinning smiley<

Bringing the late Margret Thatcher might get a little scary...(ha ha)

Date: October 11, 2015 03:21

Nate

Nate >grinning smiley<

Nate, you and your friend were welcome then but after reading this comment you are even more welcome here! LOL

Date: October 11, 2015 03:25

bv

[www.iorr.org]

Well, all the TV, radio shows, internet sites and newspapers from yesterday said that news, but no one mention a source. So as far as you or the Rolling Stones confirm it, River Plate still has it chances...at least for me.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 51

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2023
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home