Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122Next
Current Page: 20 of 22
Re: Indianapolis IN USA 4-July-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: July 6, 2015 04:05

I'm just thankful it wasn't a scarf.

Re: Keith falling down
Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: July 6, 2015 04:44

CloudCat
EddieByword

1798 - funnily enough is a date well known to my family - the year my great great,.....and so on....................grandfather got a job as the first Mumbles (Swansea - Wales) lighthouse keeper......pulled everyone out of abject penury....

here's to 1798!

I'll say.......thanks, without that we might have all become Australian..............eye popping smiley ......grinning smiley

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: July 6, 2015 04:57

Why was a hat allowed to remain on stage??? Is there any chance of the next show being canceled?

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: July 6, 2015 05:17

Brstonesfan
Why was a hat allowed to remain on stage??? Is there any chance of the next show being canceled?

This should not have happened. The gophers and internal security will get a stern talking to. They are too distracted yukking it up and messaging on their phones. Mick used to have a heavily tattooed roadie who was very vigilant. They all got complacent, evidently. Torje is an exception: Someone threw a straw hat toward the stage and earned a "Don't do it again" look when he returned it to her.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-06 05:18 by DeanGoodman.

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: July 6, 2015 05:19

CloudCat
BitchKeepsBitchin
OMG when Keef fell and his handcuff bracelet broke off. He had to fall hard if he broke his thick heavy bracelet, maybe that saved him from breaking his wrist. Wow that was a close call. The pic with his grandson only shows one arm, but his other arm is behind his back, which is the hand he fell on. I really hope all is ok.

i noticed that too, that one of Keith's arms was behind his back in the photo with his grandson -- i hope he is doing well!

you know, people have mentioned that his handcuffs fell off in the tumble, but i did see it on his wrist as he finished miss you. so perhaps the bracelet didn't break

It didn't really break because Keith put it back when he was back in the main stage.

Benjamin.

Posted by: TiminIndy ()
Date: July 6, 2015 05:56

I thought the show was fantastic. I'm anxious to hear the attendance # because that place was full. Flat ground festival style has it's challenges, but everyone had a blast and it sounded great where I was (Front and center of silver).

Apparently Mick liked it too:

I'm a fleabit peanut monkey

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 6, 2015 06:09

Some in the crowd used green laser beams onto the stage, and also pointing at Mick on the B-stage. It felt uncomfortable. Then a tough security manager shouted words I can not reproduce here, -loud and clear, and the silly lasers were gone. Thank you. Security do work if you use power and insist. No discussions. And to the laser people: Go play somewhere else please. Play with dolls may be.

Bjornulf

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: July 6, 2015 06:20

They sounded fantastic. Same old,same old. Mick was his usual energetic brilliant self. A few guitar flubs, but excellent otherwise. Place filled up and most of the crowd was friendly. Worst opener I think. I paid zero attention to R.F.

Posted by: tweedamp3 ()
Date: July 6, 2015 06:36

I believe it was to be at Indy, I thought I heard a women's voice (the winner?) there was a delay, I think she got cold feet and then the regular announcer did the intro.

Posted by: tweedamp3 ()
Date: July 6, 2015 06:38

they were "quoting" the Indy 500 winner who always drinks a big thing of milk at the finish line.

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: July 6, 2015 07:19

andrewt
I'm just thankful it wasn't a scarf.

Ha! Second hilarious post today!

Date: July 6, 2015 07:33

Thank goodness he appears OK....I am 52 and a fall like that would hurt, let alone be able to play another 45 minutes on stage. "Gold rings on ya Keith"

As for attendance, I thought the Stones posted 55k? Good size, but still behind Columbus which so far at 59k is the largest attended show. What non festival show in Europe had the most attendees? Didn't one show have 70-80K? The Europeans supported the band much better and with more enthusiasm...

Posted by: GlimmerGirl24 ()
Date: July 6, 2015 07:49

Has anyone seen a video of the intros in Indy where Ronnie is drinking milk?

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: July 6, 2015 08:01

Brstonesfan
What non festival show in Europe had the most attendees? Didn't one show have 70-80K?

Top three non-festival shows last Summer
Paris: 76500
Rome: 71500
Vienna: 57700

Posted by: GlimmerGirl24 ()
Date: July 6, 2015 08:07

CloudCat
BitchKeepsBitchin
OMG when Keef fell and his handcuff bracelet broke off. He had to fall hard if he broke his thick heavy bracelet, maybe that saved him from breaking his wrist. Wow that was a close call. The pic with his grandson only shows one arm, but his other arm is behind his back, which is the hand he fell on. I really hope all is ok.

i noticed that too, that one of Keith's arms was behind his back in the photo with his grandson -- i hope he is doing well!

you know, people have mentioned that his handcuffs fell off in the tumble, but i did see it on his wrist as he finished miss you. so perhaps the bracelet didn't break

A friend was at the part of the walkway when Keith fell and rolled to face him. The bracelet didn't break, the clasp came undone. My friend said Keith seemed more concerned with putting the bracelet back on his wrist than anything else. The people on the rail and within Keith's view were asking if he was okay, once the bracelet was back on his wrist - he gave them a thumbs up and headed to the main stage.

A nasty tumble - but he's survived coconut trees and library bookcase ladders - he probably considered this tumble a very minor mishap.

Date: July 6, 2015 08:52

erikjjf
Brstonesfan
What non festival show in Europe had the most attendees? Didn't one show have 70-80K?

Top three non-festival shows last Summer
Paris: 76500
Rome: 71500
Vienna: 57700

Thanks erikjjf..the French are to be commended for the largest paying non festival crowd in over a decade. Vive la France

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 6, 2015 09:39

eye popping smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-06 09:53 by with sssoul.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: July 6, 2015 09:42

[youtu.be]

He was up again quickly. Good old Keith.

Date: July 6, 2015 09:50

BitchKeepsBitchin
OMG when Keef fell and his handcuff bracelet broke off. He had to fall hard if he broke his thick heavy bracelet, maybe that saved him from breaking his wrist ...
I really hope all is ok.

He wears his handcuff bracelet on his left arm, not the arm he fell on.

EddieByword
CloudCat
people in the audience shouldn't be throwing junk on the stage -- it doesn't matter if the performers are eighteen or eighty - it can cause performers to trip, slip, or dip up what they are doing. they don't need cigarettes, stuffed animals, plastic toy guitars, undergarments of any ilk, flags, towels, tee shirts, or SHOES

I wouldn't call that one too quick, Mick says he wears the nice ones on the plane to the next gig.........smoking smiley

Yes, Mick did say in 98 that he'd wear some emboldened underwear that wound up on stage,
but like CloudCat says: Throwing stuff up there creates hazards for the performers. Don't do that!
Send any emboldened underwear via hotel room service. Give it to a crew member to hand to them.
Wave it enticingly until the intended recipient gestures readiness to receive it.
Just don't create hazards! It's wrong!

Fokkin crappy plastic hat - what an idea. Rileyf, thanks for the clear shot of the perp!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-06 09:54 by with sssoul.

Re: Keith falling down
Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: July 6, 2015 10:14

SomeTorontoGirl
keefriffhards
Natlanta
dude should not be running, who the @#$%& does he think he is?

KEITH RICHARDS

You mean "KEITH %#$&@?!!! RICHARDS!" grinning smiley

hell yeah TorontoGirl.. that sounds more like it .thumbs upcool smiley

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: July 6, 2015 10:26

Just as when George Harrison falls—unplanned—seconds into A Hard Day's Night I thought: a guitar player damaging his hands/arms can end a career. Glad they each could/can continue to play.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: July 6, 2015 12:02

Yeah - Keith has enough problems with his hands without any extra injuries . I'm not convinced he didn't throw himself on the last surviving cockroach , crushing it with his Tele.

Only the Stones remain

sc uk

Date: July 6, 2015 12:52

CloudCat
BitchKeepsBitchin
... The pic with his grandson only shows one arm, but his other arm is behind his back,
which is the hand he fell on. I really hope all is ok.

Gaaa - don't confuse me more than necessary, will ya people?!
In the photo with Orson Keith is displaying his right arm, which is the side he fell on.

Blessings and well-being on Keith and all the Rolling Stones

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: July 6, 2015 13:46

with sssoul
Gaaa - don't confuse me more than necessary, will ya people?!
In the photo with Orson Keith is displaying his right arm, which is the side he fell on.

Blessings and well-being on Keith and all the Rolling Stones

That's good to hear - about which arm was showing in the photo... Hopefully a positive sign. Just catching up on posts after a few days away from IORR. Hoping Keith's okay!

Date: July 6, 2015 16:44

OK thanks for clearing this up guys. To sum it up:

The arm in the photo with Keef & grandson is the hand he fell on, not the one behind his back.

The bracelet didn't actually break but it just came undone. And the bracelet was on the other arm, not the one he fell on.

I just needed to clear this up because I was very worried about Keef when I saw that video of his fall. Damn he got right back up like it was nothing, but he could be sore today from taking a tumble. I would be and I'm still in my 50's so that's the reason for my concern. I'm not trying to make it worse than what it is, just want to know the facts.

And whoever was in charge of security should get a tongue lashing with a spiked tongue. They should of taken that stupid hat off of the catwalk! And whoever threw it up there was a total idiot! Could of been much worse.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 6, 2015 17:07

Official video:

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 6, 2015 17:44

A story in the Indy Star is reporting the attendance as 50,000. Could that possibly be true? After all the hype and the huge venue, only 50,000 showed up? The photos appear to show a bigger crowd than that, but they're all on a flat surface so maybe it's true. It seems that they had to have had more than 50,000. How else could you justify not having the event in Lucas Oil Field, where everybody could have had a comfortable seat, and simply opened the retractable roof in deference to summer?

It still seems like it was a good, standard issue concert, but a missed opportunity to have had better opening acts, definitely.

Posted by: Bob C. ()
Date: July 6, 2015 18:17

I agree - it was the song. They should drop MY, bad Karma.

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: July 6, 2015 18:33

24FPS
A story in the Indy Star is reporting the attendance as 50,000. Could that possibly be true? After all the hype and the huge venue, only 50,000 showed up? The photos appear to show a bigger crowd than that, but they're all on a flat surface so maybe it's true. It seems that they had to have had more than 50,000. How else could you justify not having the event in Lucas Oil Field, where everybody could have had a comfortable seat, and simply opened the retractable roof in deference to summer?

It still seems like it was a good, standard issue concert, but a missed opportunity to have had better opening acts, definitely.

The numbers all depend on what source you believe;
My understanding was capacity would have been 85k; you can see on several pics how the concessions stands at the very back were moved fwd some 20 yds or so because of poor sales for the Bronze tix (not sure why they didn't do more lucky dip tix to move more of those)
The Gold section looked around 80% full, VIP maybe 60%
Silver was definitely the busiest area, had to be 85-90% full but Bronze was maybe only 50% full even after the reduction in size.
so, maybe 10k between Gold & VIP
30k in Silver and another 10-15k in Bronze
50-55 sounds about right

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: July 6, 2015 19:19

with sssoul
BitchKeepsBitchin
OMG when Keef fell and his handcuff bracelet broke off. He had to fall hard if he broke his thick heavy bracelet, maybe that saved him from breaking his wrist ...
I really hope all is ok.

He wears his handcuff bracelet on his left arm, not the arm he fell on.

EddieByword
CloudCat
people in the audience shouldn't be throwing junk on the stage -- it doesn't matter if the performers are eighteen or eighty - it can cause performers to trip, slip, or dip up what they are doing. they don't need cigarettes, stuffed animals, plastic toy guitars, undergarments of any ilk, flags, towels, tee shirts, or SHOES

I wouldn't call that one too quick, Mick says he wears the nice ones on the plane to the next gig.........smoking smiley

Yes, Mick did say in 98 that he'd wear some emboldened underwear that wound up on stage,
but like CloudCat says: Throwing stuff up there creates hazards for the performers. Don't do that!
Send any emboldened underwear via hotel room service. ..........Give it to a crew member to hand to them.
Wave it enticingly until the intended recipient gestures readiness to receive it.
Just don't create hazards! It's wrong!

Fokkin crappy plastic hat - what an idea. Rileyf, thanks for the clear shot of the perp!

lol........I won't, I woon't, I promise....I'm sure if I tried any of the above with my grundy undies I would be most likely, respectively, be reported to the police, punched in the face or blatantly ignored ...........damn that Mick Jagger, he's soooooo picky........smoking smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122Next
Current Page: 20 of 22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1840
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home