Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2223242526272829303132...LastNext
Current Page: 27 of 77
Re: The Rolling Stones Exhibitionism
Posted by: TE ()
Date: April 8, 2016 17:56

karimamilena
TE
SPOILER ALERT...

Do hope it's working. A few upside down. And all in wrong order
If going, don't look. Better to just walk in there!
Crawdaddy, one special for you in there. But don't look... Very much Oslo!

[s1211.photobucket.com]

TE
Oslo

Thanks for sharing TE! I guess this thingy with Keith 71 written on it is a Shepheards Pie?

LOL, forgot that was there. Tried make a new album. Yes, was the annual Shepheards Pie day in December, LOL. OK, I cheat, use minced beef. So guess it's Cottage Pie. Don't tell Keith...

TE
Oslo

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: April 8, 2016 17:57

TE, thank you for posting some pictures. I'm fired up now. Cheers.

Date: April 8, 2016 18:11

frankotero
TE, thank you for posting some pictures. I'm fired up now. Cheers.

Tnx. I see now the pics came out as a mess, with some old ones...
Where are my brothers kids when need them...
I'll stick to HW.

TE
Oslo

Posted by: karimamilena ()
Date: April 8, 2016 18:15

TE
karimamilena
TE
SPOILER ALERT...

[s1211.photobucket.com]

TE
Oslo

Thanks for sharing TE! I guess this thingy with Keith 71 written on it is a Shepheards Pie?

LOL, forgot that was there. Tried make a new album. Yes, was the annual Shepheards Pie day in December, LOL. OK, I cheat, use minced beef. So guess it's Cottage Pie. Don't tell Keith...

TE
Oslo

Hihi, promised, I won't tell Keith next time I meet him ;-)

Posted by: angee ()
Date: April 8, 2016 18:22

TE, thank you for the photos!

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 8, 2016 18:44

TE
SPOILER ALERT...

[s1211.photobucket.com]

TE
Oslo

Thanks for posting TE.

I'm going next month but don't care about Spoilers at all. Nice to see what will be there, but like a Stones show, there is nothing like seeing it live.

Yes ! The Oslo rehearsals were great when I got there on Friday evening and then the full gig rehearsal on Saturday.
Could hear it all loud and clear all around the outside of arena.
Great days. smileys with beer

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 8, 2016 19:09

TE
SPOILER ALERT...

[s1211.photobucket.com]

TE
Oslo

Great photos! Thanks for sharing, TE.

Just a question: that cute dog on those two videos is at the exhibition too? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: April 8, 2016 20:12

crawdaddy
TE
SPOILER ALERT...

[s1211.photobucket.com]

TE
Oslo

Thanks for posting TE.

I'm going next month but don't care about Spoilers at all. Nice to see what will be there, but like a Stones show, there is nothing like seeing it live.

Yes ! The Oslo rehearsals were great when I got there on Friday evening and then the full gig rehearsal on Saturday.
Could hear it all loud and clear all around the outside of arena.
Great days. smileys with beer

Thanks (all of you). The only thing funny, eh, not funny, was the "To stage" section. Skip it, just a video on a screen. And was totally out of focus. And the volume was louder than Motorhead Live. People started leaving after 1 minute. The backstage before was fun. But a fantastic day. Edith Grove was the best one. OK, Gala night was the best, being outside. Like BV pointed out. They almost had to drag Keith away from signing and chatting with the crowd. I was hanging around as long as the Papparzzis were around, to say hi to a friend inside. My best was at the very end, was getting a phone call and walked to the side. Turning around and Bob Geldof almost crashed into me. I just said F%&¤. He laughed. My wife said WHAT? The place was almost empty when Jeff Beck left. He was mega nice. A guy I had chatted with for hours got his Gala Pass. Refused to sign it. Was dead easy to get a pass outside after it was over. Those wanna-be-famous almost begged to get rid om them. Can't wait to go back in June. Had 2.x hrs inside Tuesday. Will probably be 4.x hrs next time. Forgot, order your 2 visit pass early (if need). Arrived the day of the opening back home. Had to buy a day pass. And congrats to Matt Lee for all the stuff he had in there.

TE
Oslo

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: April 8, 2016 20:38

TE
The only thing funny, eh, not funny, was the "To stage" section.
Skip it, just a video on a screen. And was totally out of focus.

You really forgot the 3D glasses? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: April 8, 2016 20:43

Cristiano Radtke
TE
SPOILER ALERT...

[s1211.photobucket.com]

TE
Oslo

Great photos! Thanks for sharing, TE.

Just a question: that cute dog on those two videos is at the exhibition too? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Cristiano,
Can I just get fired when learning another website, and without the help of my brothers daughters. LOL. It's Chino the Dog. A friends dog in Thailand. To add more, my friends daughter call Stones THE Virus... Probably why Chino didn't buy a secret ticket to London. You will miss him there. He is great with multitasking. Managed to have his tongue out, and eyes shut. Love him!

TE
Oslo

Date: April 8, 2016 20:44

So glad you had such a great time in my home town TE.

Reading everything you have put up on here ,and seeing your great pics have made me so look forward to my visit to Exhibitionism next month.

Cheers Mate. smileys with beer

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 8, 2016 20:44

Thanks for the pics TE, I took the liberty of extracting Ronnie's London Rehearsals setlists and posted them in the appropriate thread with due credit -> [www.iorr.org] ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-08 22:43 by gotdablouse.

Date: April 8, 2016 20:46

TooTough
TE
The only thing funny, eh, not funny, was the "To stage" section.
Skip it, just a video on a screen. And was totally out of focus.

You really forgot the 3D glasses? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I did! :-)

TE
Oslo

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: April 8, 2016 21:42

Monkeytonkman
StratoGR
The last section with the 3d performance, is like watching sitting and watching 3d in cinema or like virtual reality?

Mebee this helps dude:

3D concert experience: You are in a typical backstage area at a Stones gig. Flight cases, racks of guitars, mirrors, changing areas, computer screens, little enclosures. “We’re ready to go when you are,” comes a message from the crew. Stick on the special specs and step out “on stage” alongside the group at one of their shows in Hyde Park in 2013. You will see the view of the runway out into the audience exactly as Jagger sees it while he runs the 50 metres or so out into the middle of the crowd. Stand shoulder to shoulder with Keith and Ronnie as they chop out the riff to Satisfaction and fireworks explode into the night sky. A breath-taking finale to the show - and the exhibition.

\m/

I didn't think this was a very accurate description - the 3D video is great fun but you are not really seeing it from the band's viewpoint - more like a great front row spot, with occasional shots out into the audience. There is a viewing area with no seats, in which most of my crowd tamely seated themselves on the floor... Anyway, it brought back some very happy memories of Hyde Park - I bet if you were in the front rows there you will spot yourselves in the video.

As you will deduce, I've been spending over three very enjoyable hours at the Exhibition today. No pictures because I'm not that good at sneaky photography and TE has done it much better than I could. A few observations:

- Get there early - I went in at 10.30 and by 11.15 there was a considerable scrum coming out of Edith Grove into the room with their first contract and Keith's diaries - took about ten minutes to get to see those (and some hilarious forms they had to fill in for the Press about colour of eyes - Keith's are "brown and bloodshot" apparently - and the ambitions that jlowe listed earlier).

- "Edith Grove" is life size and looks realistically vile but DOES NOT SMELL. There's even a gas meter waiting to be fed shillings, and the tiny inadequate electric fire in the hearth. Lots of "Oh God, just look at their kitchen!" from the crowd.

- There are two 3" reel-to-reel tapes on show which are said to contain a recording of a Crawdaddy performance. News to me.

- I think my favourite area was the mock-up of Olympic studios - you stand in the control room and look at the instruments laid out (together with coffee mugs and ashtrays), while video and audio of the the band in the studio from various eras bring the display to life. This bit did have an evocative smell - the electronic/tape smell of the reel-to-reel machine which was just like that of the one I had when I was a teenager.

- it's obvious that Mick was the one who kept his costumes! More of his than everyone else's put together.

- Brian gets his due in the early years and so does Stu - Mick Taylor is present but not very prominent - if anything has been removed the gap has been closed seamlessly.

- the exhibition looks to be doing well - a bit crowded at times and still plenty of people queueing at the ticket booth when I left around 2.30.

I'd happily go back another time and do it again.

PS: you'll need to mortgage the house and sell your family into slavery to afford most of the gift shop!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 8, 2016 22:01

Remember the Ronnie Wood art set lists are the "intended" rehearsals lists. I was at most of the rehearsals during the past years, and I made my own lists, what they did actually rehearse, day by day, song by song, retake, break. minute by minute, who was there, who came, who left and so on. Some of my notes are published, all are in my little yellow "Notisbok" private notebooks. One day I will compare and have a "rendevouz" - sort of what did I hear, what did they plan, and what did they do.

When I was inside the studio in Paris for an hour, part of the rehearsals, I noticed the rehearsals lists posted just below me, on the balcony. Most others of us were probably focused on the band right in front of us. It is great to have some of these posters on display - bringing back memories from outside - as well as inside the rehearsals. But - I need a few weeks to "land" after this tour.

Bjornulf

Visiting London.
Posted by: StratoGR ()
Date: April 8, 2016 20:50

hi there, I am visiting London by the end of the month and of course I will visit the Rolling Stones exhibition. I was wondering if you have some places you would suggest me to visit other than that. I will go to Edith Grove for example but I wonder if you have any suggestions. Also can you tell where the cover of December's Children is from? Thanks.

Re: Visiting London.
Posted by: Olly ()
Date: April 8, 2016 21:33

The cover photo was taken in Ormond Yard.

See the photo for yourself when you visit London at Snap Galleries in an exhibition of Gered Manokowitz's work:

[www.snapgalleries.com]

[www.snapgalleries.com]

Olly.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 8, 2016 23:16

bv
Remember the Ronnie Wood art set lists are the "intended" rehearsals lists. I was at most of the rehearsals during the past years, and I made my own lists, what they did actually rehearse, day by day, song by song, retake, break. minute by minute, who was there, who came, who left and so on. Some of my notes are published, all are in my little yellow "Notisbok" private notebooks. One day I will compare and have a "rendevouz" - sort of what did I hear, what did they plan, and what did they do.

When I was inside the studio in Paris for an hour, part of the rehearsals, I noticed the rehearsals lists posted just below me, on the balcony. Most others of us were probably focused on the band right in front of us. It is great to have some of these posters on display - bringing back memories from outside - as well as inside the rehearsals. But - I need a few weeks to "land" after this tour.

One question BV before you are releasing your notisbok BV...did they ever rehearsed "We Love You" ? or at least the intro ;o)

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: April 9, 2016 01:13

bv

Take it easy bv. Thank you for www.IORR.org.!!!!!!!!!!!

I am looking forward to your "landing". thumbs up

Date: April 9, 2016 05:14

gotdablouse
Thanks for the pics TE, I took the liberty of extracting Ronnie's London Rehearsals setlists and posted them in the appropriate thread with due credit -> [www.iorr.org] ;-)

Great, thanks. I forgot that thread.

TE
Oslo

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 9, 2016 06:20

Green Lady
Monkeytonkman
StratoGR
The last section with the 3d performance, is like watching sitting and watching 3d in cinema or like virtual reality?

Mebee this helps dude:

3D concert experience: You are in a typical backstage area at a Stones gig. Flight cases, racks of guitars, mirrors, changing areas, computer screens, little enclosures. “We’re ready to go when you are,” comes a message from the crew. Stick on the special specs and step out “on stage” alongside the group at one of their shows in Hyde Park in 2013. You will see the view of the runway out into the audience exactly as Jagger sees it while he runs the 50 metres or so out into the middle of the crowd. Stand shoulder to shoulder with Keith and Ronnie as they chop out the riff to Satisfaction and fireworks explode into the night sky. A breath-taking finale to the show - and the exhibition.

\m/

I didn't think this was a very accurate description - the 3D video is great fun but you are not really seeing it from the band's viewpoint - more like a great front row spot, with occasional shots out into the audience. There is a viewing area with no seats, in which most of my crowd tamely seated themselves on the floor... Anyway, it brought back some very happy memories of Hyde Park - I bet if you were in the front rows there you will spot yourselves in the video.

As you will deduce, I've been spending over three very enjoyable hours at the Exhibition today. No pictures because I'm not that good at sneaky photography and TE has done it much better than I could. A few observations:

- Get there early - I went in at 10.30 and by 11.15 there was a considerable scrum coming out of Edith Grove into the room with their first contract and Keith's diaries - took about ten minutes to get to see those (and some hilarious forms they had to fill in for the Press about colour of eyes - Keith's are "brown and bloodshot" apparently - and the ambitions that jlowe listed earlier).

- "Edith Grove" is life size and looks realistically vile but DOES NOT SMELL. There's even a gas meter waiting to be fed shillings, and the tiny inadequate electric fire in the hearth. Lots of "Oh God, just look at their kitchen!" from the crowd.

- There are two 3" reel-to-reel tapes on show which are said to contain a recording of a Crawdaddy performance. News to me.

- I think my favourite area was the mock-up of Olympic studios - you stand in the control room and look at the instruments laid out (together with coffee mugs and ashtrays), while video and audio of the the band in the studio from various eras bring the display to life. This bit did have an evocative smell - the electronic/tape smell of the reel-to-reel machine which was just like that of the one I had when I was a teenager.

- it's obvious that Mick was the one who kept his costumes! More of his than everyone else's put together.

- Brian gets his due in the early years and so does Stu - Mick Taylor is present but not very prominent - if anything has been removed the gap has been closed seamlessly.

- the exhibition looks to be doing well - a bit crowded at times and still plenty of people queueing at the ticket booth when I left around 2.30.

I'd happily go back another time and do it again.

PS: you'll need to mortgage the house and sell your family into slavery to afford most of the gift shop!

Thanks for the review, Green Lady.

As for these Crawdaddy Tapes it's interesting to notice the description that's written on it, saying that it comes from "Collection of Rolling Stones Archive". I remember when I read the news about the tapes being sold at an auction on Christie's and there was some talk about Mick buying it.

Here's the original description of these tapes on Christie's website, with the full tracklist and the story behind it: [www.christies.com]

Date: April 9, 2016 07:30

Thanks Cristiano - that looks exactly like what was on display and the setlist is right.

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: April 9, 2016 14:32

Just a question is there any mention of the Redlands 1967 bust? I am going in August as the website was not working when I got my ticket so I kind of x****d up the dates.

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: April 9, 2016 14:37

I will probably be there later this afternoon and again tomorrow if anyone fancy's meeting up...

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: April 9, 2016 15:16

woodyrichards
Hi

Does anybody who lives in the UK can download the James Bay tour vid of the Exhibitionism and put it here?

Thanks

the link is James Bay - Exhibitionism

[www.youtube.com]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: April 9, 2016 15:22

I have just visited the exhibition and thoroughly enjoyed the trip through Stones history. So much to see and take in, I will definitely be going back. As an aside, I would also recommend anyone going to take a few minutes to visit the permanent 'installation' on the Lower Ground floor. It is sump oil, a lot of it, you will smell it as soon as you walk in the front door of the gallery.......

Date: April 9, 2016 15:39

mattleeuk
I will probably be there later this afternoon and again tomorrow if anyone fancy's meeting up...

Will be going sometime between May 4th-13th ,and really looking forward to it.

Met you briefly in Rio while I was chatting to Andreea from Romania, just as you were coming in to Premium Pista.

Hope to see you maybe at Exhibitionism before September 4th. smileys with beer

Date: April 9, 2016 16:52

desertblues68
Just a question is there any mention of the Redlands 1967 bust? I am going in August as the website was not working when I got my ticket so I kind of x****d up the dates.

Mentioned briefly in the introductory video montage - don't remember anything else. Same goes for Keith's 1977 misadventures in Canada.

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: April 9, 2016 17:06

mattleeuk

I went yesterday - it would be half empty without your items!

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: April 9, 2016 17:22

Green Lady
desertblues68

Mentioned briefly in the introductory video montage - don't remember anything else. Same goes for Keith's 1977 misadventures in Canada.

Thank you Green Lady looking forward to it, sounds very interesting might be tempted to go before August.grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-09 22:28 by desertblues68.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2223242526272829303132...LastNext
Current Page: 27 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1496
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home