Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2930313233343536373839...LastNext
Current Page: 34 of 77
Re: The Rolling Stones Exhibitionism
Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: May 26, 2016 00:31

mattleeuk
There will also be an extra special one coming soon but that shouldn't put you off buying a "regular" copy to actually read.

ahaa!...

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: May 26, 2016 01:22

mattleeuk
There will also be an extra special one coming soon but that shouldn't put you off buying a "regular" copy to actually read.
There goes my Christmas Fund for another year!!
Chriseganstar

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: May 26, 2016 20:27

Exhibitionism did not disappoint! I spent 3 lovely hours checking it out, including the room I am calling The Matt Lee room (seriously, they couldn't have done this without you Matt, take a deep bow!). I must have played with the mixer controls for Rocks Off a dozen times, knowing all the while that it can't be improved upon. Well worth the trip over, even if there aren't any gigs at the moment. Weak points? Minimal use of songs with Keith on vocals (didn't notice any) and would have liked more Keith clothes. And Keith generally! Loved Charlie's ass, including the brief video clip of Charlie and his ass. The Kinks musical, Sunny Afternoon, nearly made up for the lack of gigs last night - also highly recommended if you get the chance. Now... Indian food! So glad to be back in London.

Date: May 27, 2016 11:31

The exhibition sounds awesome. I agree that a recreation of the Mobile studio truck would have been great.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 27, 2016 11:52

So glad you loved your day out in London SomeTorontoGirl.

As a London lad, it's so easy for me to get up there a lot , but it's always great to hear from music fans travelling such a long way and enjoying London.

As you said, Sunny Afternoon is well worth a visit and I seen it a few times now. Ray and Dave Davies as well as Mick Avory pop in to see it now and then.

You just missed All or Nothing, the musical about The Small Faces, which is now about to go on Tour in U.K.
Another fantastic show which I saw a couple of weeks ago.

Enjoy the rest of your stay over here. smileys with beer

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: May 27, 2016 13:38

Can anybody tell me if the original Stones tongue is included in Exhibitionism? Or has it remained at the Victoria & Albert museum?

Date: May 27, 2016 13:56

crawdaddy
You just missed All or Nothing, the musical about The Small Faces, which is now about to go on Tour in U.K. Another fantastic show which I saw a couple of weeks ago... smileys with beer

[Grumble] I saw that... Sad to miss it. But I will check out Ronnie Scott's while here. Thanks C'Daddy!

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: May 27, 2016 22:31

Manofwealthandtaste
Flower Power returns to the Kings Road.........

The Chelsea Flower show started today.

That's the Norweigian Blue isn't it? Beautiful plumage!

Date: May 27, 2016 22:52

('T'was nailed to the perch!)

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: May 28, 2016 02:10

RoughJusticeOnYa
Can anybody tell me if the original Stones tongue is included in Exhibitionism? Or has it remained at the Victoria & Albert museum?

it's included (didn't even notice it while i was there on opening day but when i went looking for it at the V & A they told me it was!)

Posted by: herecomesrichard ()
Date: May 28, 2016 11:14

Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere, but I read that Exhibitionism was visiting 11 cities after London. Anyone know the schedule?

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: May 28, 2016 16:21

SomeTorontoGirl, I would have gladly met you and done a tour with you! I love nothing more than sharing my passion. Thanks for your kind words.

Visit number 16 or so for me tomorrow...

Matt x

Date: May 28, 2016 20:03

mattleeuk
SomeTorontoGirl, I would have gladly met you and done a tour with you! I love nothing more than sharing my passion. Thanks for your kind words.

Visit number 16 or so for me tomorrow...

Matt x

I'm still here tomorrow, just down the Thames from Sloane Sq... Would never want to impose but would definitely go again with such an esteemed guide. smiling smiley

Date: May 28, 2016 20:33

It was visit number 4 for me today and I keep discovering new things each time. I wish they would correct the 'Phlege' typo though!

Date: May 28, 2016 20:40

Manofwealthandtaste
It was visit number 4 for me today and I keep discovering new things each time. I wish they would correct the 'Phlege' typo though!

Maybe take some White Out on Visit 5?

Date: May 28, 2016 20:43

SomeTorontoGirl
Manofwealthandtaste

Maybe take some White Out on Visit 5?

Hehe, not a bad idea STG!

Date: May 29, 2016 17:43

Matt, MOWAT, lovely to meet you both! Matt, thanks so much for being so generous with your time! Glad to see the show a second time with such a qualified docent.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: May 29, 2016 20:36

I ordered yesterday the hardcoverbook, but... 100 dollars sounds some what crazy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-30 20:03 by GJV.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: May 30, 2016 22:41

Irix
For the collectors .... smiling smiley

Green Lady

Keith!

[www.periscope.tv]

Download as MP4-file: [we.tl]

Green Lady

More Periscope
[www.periscope.tv]
(nice shot of bv there)

Download as MP4-file: [we.tl]

Irix, could you upload these again??

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 3, 2016 14:33

Just off to London.

Exhibition tomorrow, seems strange that i will be looking at things i have grown up with since 1973.

so looking forward to it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-03 22:18 by odean73.

Date: June 5, 2016 18:12

odean73
Just off to London.

Exhibition tomorrow, seems strange that i will be looking at things i have grown up with since 1973.

so looking forward to it.

Just got back to sunny Brum, after a fantastic weekend in good old London town.

Exhibition was brilliant and will be looking forward to going back quite soon.
Had a nice meal at the gallery mess afterwards and a couple of bottles of champagne to celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-05 19:07 by odean73.

Date: June 5, 2016 22:58

Congratulations odean73 on your 35th wedding anniversary.
Did you take the missus to Exhibitionism...............and did she enjoy it?
I loved it ,but not being a collector of Stones stuff,in no hurry to see it again.
I can quite understand why Stones fans want to see it a few times, and will probably go again with a few friends in August or sometime before it finishes in September.
It's always great to have a day out in London though, whatever you fancy doing there.
So much to do and see. smileys with beer

Date: June 6, 2016 10:40

crawdaddy
Congratulations odean73 on your 35th wedding anniversary.
Did you take the missus to Exhibitionism...............and did she enjoy it?
I loved it ,but not being a collector of Stones stuff,in no hurry to see it again.
I can quite understand why Stones fans want to see it a few times, and will probably go again with a few friends in August or sometime before it finishes in September.
It's always great to have a day out in London though, whatever you fancy doing there.
So much to do and see. smileys with beer

Thanks for the congrulations.

The missus really enjoyed the exhibition and is already on about going again, but that is mainly to one of the nephews wanting to see it as well.

People knock london, but i always enjoy my times there and as you say there is so much to do.

We had a great weekend. thumbs up

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 6, 2016 13:20

TooTough

2-in-1: [we.tl] .... smiling smiley

Date: June 6, 2016 15:28

Irix
TooTough

2-in-1: [we.tl] .... smiling smiley

Wsmiling bouncing smileyW!! Thank you so much, Irix!!!

Date: June 6, 2016 16:23

I was surprised to see some waterford glasses in there and was hesitating at the £250 price and because we had a meal booked and was running late, i thought that i might be able to get them online, but they are not advertised.

I was also after the black leather iphone 6 cover and there was none of them in stock either.

Hopefully i will have better luck on my next visit.

Date: June 6, 2016 16:42

I'm not a great one for merchandise and not impressed with the t-shirts on sale in the store.
Some of the clothing was O.K. but a load of merchandise stuff was vastly overpriced in my opinion.
Some of the t-shirts in South America were the best around for years, including the football shirts.
Got 3 official tees at my last gig in Porto Alegre at about one third of the price on line,if you include shipping.
Some very good bootleg tees were about half that.

Date: June 7, 2016 02:02

Does anybody know who this photographer is
and where we can see his photos??
He must have shot the only photos without
all the bodyguards in the way...

Posted by: DoctorStone ()
Date: June 7, 2016 04:27

hi folks.

i am not sure whether this is the right place and how many posts of this kind already exist. i am thinking about a trip (from munich) to london/exhibitionism. could anybody give me advice when is the best and/or cheapest period to go there - or not to go? any recommended hotels, b&b, pubs, record shops, ... to go or to not to go? i have a plenty of time in june but (i also have jours fixes which means that) i can travel truesday evenings until friday noon or friday evenings until tuesday noons. i would be grateful for any advice (and mayba tickets and/or company), please contact me directly by e-mail.

the second question is: will exhibitionism travel around the world, to other countries and continents?

thanks and have a nice week!

h

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 7, 2016 11:45

DoctorStone

i am thinking about a trip (from munich) to london/exhibitionism. could anybody give me advice when is the best and/or cheapest period to go there - or not to go?

See the FAQ on [www.stonesexhibitionism.com] .

DoctorStone

any recommended hotels, b&b, pubs, record shops, ... to go or to not to go?

Another tip: if you have time, maybe it's interesting to visit historical points of the Rolling Stones in London: [musicheritageuk.org] .

DoctorStone

will exhibitionism travel around the world, to other countries and continents?

From [www.rollingstones.com] :

"It is planned that following the London exhibition EXHIBITIONISM will visit eleven other global Cities around the world over a four year period."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-07 11:50 by Irix.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2930313233343536373839...LastNext
Current Page: 34 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1753
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home