Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 77
Re: The Rolling Stones Exhibitionism
Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: April 3, 2016 11:40

Wasn't sure I'd be able to get down there tomorrow but might be able to do it now.

And now thinking I don't want to wait until July to see it. Got tickets to go on my birthday but might see if can get some for this week. Can always go twice.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 3, 2016 11:51

MarthaTuesday
Wasn't sure I'd be able to get down there tomorrow but might be able to do it now.

And now thinking I don't want to wait until July to see it. Got tickets to go on my birthday but might see if can get some for this week. Can always go twice.

"Extra tickets are now on sale for the Ruby Tuesday opening of Exhibitionism"!
[twitter.com]
[tickets.stonesexhibitionism.com]

Date: April 3, 2016 11:54

I think that's why I prefer to listen to the music. I think it's no coincidence the less music there was the more videos...books...photos...biographies...marriages...scandals...money...drugs...affairs there appeared. For my taste, nowadays the Stones may almost go to well anywhere if it were not for their music. As Keith once said (and repeated it too often): it's good to be anywhere. Of course he was a liar even then.

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: April 3, 2016 12:31

I shall be there on Monday night and probably go to the opening on Tuesday - probably can't get to venue on Monday before 6 - do you think that is too late ?

Date: April 3, 2016 12:33

Cristiano, thanks! Actually don't think I can make Tuesday but think I'll try and get tickets for later this week. Not going to be able to wait until July!

Btw, just had a look and for anyone wanting Tuesday tickets, 11am seems sold-out but looks like all other slots still available.

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: April 3, 2016 13:13

I'm going to be there from around 3pm ish, hopefully get a good spot.

Date: April 3, 2016 13:25

I actually don't like getting to this sort of thing too early because I end up being desperate for the loo after hours of waiting!

But I can't cope with rush-hour travel so I'm thinking of getting there around 4pm. If it's not busy I can go and grab a coffee somewhere.

Date: April 3, 2016 13:46

Apparently they're expecting a 300 strong press pack so I don't know if we plebs will be able to get close to the gallery. I hope they make allowance for fans who want to watch.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: April 3, 2016 13:59

Rollin92
Apparently they're expecting a 300 strong press pack so I don't know if we plebs will be able to get close to the gallery. I hope they make allowance for fans who want to watch.

Just turn up with a camera and pretend to be a freelance photographer

Nate >grinning smiley<

Date: April 3, 2016 14:20

Nate
Rollin92

Just turn up with a camera and pretend to be a freelance photographer

Nate >grinning smiley<

I'll be taking my camera anyway, may just try that >grinning smiley<

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 3, 2016 14:27

I imagine security is gonna be quite tight inside and outside.

Understandable these days.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: April 3, 2016 14:55

MarthaTuesday
I actually don't like getting to this sort of thing too early because I end up being desperate for the loo after hours of waiting!

But I can't cope with rush-hour travel so I'm thinking of getting there around 4pm. If it's not busy I can go and grab a coffee somewhere.

But coffee is a fairly effective diuretic!

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: April 3, 2016 15:18

CaptainCorella
MarthaTuesday

But coffee is a fairly effective diuretic!

No coffee afterall then!

Date: April 3, 2016 15:36

I'm genuinely quite nervous about Exhibitionism. I see this as a great opportunity for the Stones to tell their story to the world in an accessible and fun way. But it needs to be accurate and give all Stones a fair hearing without any airbrushing.

It'll either be superb or an exercise of relegating Stu, Bill, Brian and Mick T into the shadows, without fully celebrating their contributions. I don't have much hope after Crossfire Hurricane.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 3, 2016 16:16

Rollin92
I'm genuinely quite nervous about Exhibitionism. I see this as a great opportunity for the Stones to tell their story to the world in an accessible and fun way. But it needs to be accurate and give all Stones a fair hearing without any airbrushing.

It'll either be superb or an exercise of relegating Stu, Bill, Brian and Mick T into the shadows, without fully celebrating their contributions. I don't have much hope after Crossfire Hurricane.

I just hope it's successful. Would be a bit embarrassing if ticket sales are limp.

Date: April 3, 2016 17:08

Tongues are wagging on the Kings Road........

Date: April 3, 2016 17:49

I guess they got a box office in foyer of Gallery as well as York Square ?

It's all looking good in the area. smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-03 17:51 by crawdaddy.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 3, 2016 18:32

Mick Taylor really upset:

[www.facebook.com]

If it is true, then it is a very bad behavior from Mick and Keith.

And it confirms our feelings that they did not split up in best shape after 2014.

Something was wrong.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-03 18:35 by mtaylor.

Posted by: terry ()
Date: April 3, 2016 18:57

If the exhibition is about the stones history, then Mick Taylor, and Bill Wyman should be invited without question. I feel so strongly about it, that I will not make the effort to go the the exhibition, even though I have tickets for June. I see the comments on MIck Taylor's FB page, and lots of folk are not happy either.lets see how it goes.

Posted by: brownsugar86 ()
Date: April 3, 2016 19:17

mtaylor
Mick Taylor really upset:

[www.facebook.com]

If it is true, then it is a very bad behavior from Mick and Keith.

And it confirms our feelings that they did not split up in best shape after 2014.

Something was wrong.

Thanks for sharing. Do we know if it's actually MT who writes the status updates? Or his management?

Mick Taylor about Exhibitionism
Posted by: dandelion1967 ()
Date: April 3, 2016 19:28

"It appears they are using my name and likeness for another multi-million dollar making exercise. I can't help wondering why nobody has invited me to the opening at Saatchi Gallery ?"

Facebook.com

--------------------------------------------

"I'm gonna walk... before they make me run"

--------------------------------------------

Re: Mick Taylor about Exhibitionism
Date: April 3, 2016 19:34

Will be interesting to see if Bill and Brian will be there..................sorry , Brian will not be there, God rest his soul.

It does seem a shame if Mick Taylor has not got an invite for the evening at the Gallery.
Would think that Bill will be there.

Date: April 3, 2016 19:37

crawdaddy
Will be interesting to see if Bill and Brian will be there..................sorry , Brian will not be there, God rest his soul.

It does seem a shame if Mick Taylor has not got an invite for the evening at the Gallery.
Would think that Bill will be there.

Bill is lending stuff so he should be there. But if he isn't it will either be because he is ill or wasn't invited.

You know full well it'll come out if he wasn't invited, and I wouldn't blame him for saying so.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: April 3, 2016 19:41

Is this his legit account or a fake?

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: April 3, 2016 19:45

hockenheim95
Is this his legit account or a fake?
The home page has a blue circle with a tick in it which indicates an authorised page.
[www.facebook.com]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: April 3, 2016 19:48

Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor were Rolling Stones ,and a big part of their history.

They should be there in my opinion. Would tarnish Exhibitionism a bit if stuff appeared in the tabloids at this time.

Do the right thing lads and we may see some great pics on Tuesday morning. smoking smiley

Date: April 3, 2016 19:52

Here we go again, it's this incessant obsession with airbrushing that the current Stones have. It drives me mad!

Exhibitionism is about the Rolling Stones story and it should be accurate!! So MT should be invited.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: April 3, 2016 19:57

Rollin92
Here we go again, it's this incessant obsession with airbrushing that the current Stones have. It drives me mad!

Exhibitionism is about the Rolling Stones story and it should be accurate!! So MT should be invited.

The Stones clearly like their cultural Stalinism.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: April 3, 2016 20:13

Rock Bands seem to be amongst the most fractious, combustible of working environments. Most top bands' histories seem to be littered with bitter fsllings out and disputes. The Who, The Police and many more.

In the Stones' case it could easily be argued that people like Andrew Oldham should be involved in this for his original role in propelling them to fame in the 1st place. It seems wrong if anyone who directly contributed to the music is not honoured. Brian Jones, for example, may have been a difficult character but his contribution to their early music was huge.

I just hope that no-one who made a significant contribution to the band is airbrushed out of history or underplayed as it risks tarnishing what could and should be an excellent exhibition. Hopefully, they'll get it right.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-03 20:15 by grzegorz67.

Date: April 3, 2016 20:15

grzegorz67
Rock Bands seem to be amongst the most fractious, combustible of working environments. Most top bands' histories seem to be littered with bitter fsllings out and disputes. The Who, The Police and many more.

In the Stones' case it could easily be argued that people like Andrew Oldhsm should be involved in this for his original role in propelling them to fame in the 1st place. It seems wrong that anyone who directly contributed to the music is not honoured. Brian Jones, for example, may have been a difficult character but his contribution to their early music was huge.

I just hope that no-one who made a significant contribution to the band is airbrushed out of history or underplayed as it risks tarnishing what could and should be an excellent exhibition.

Absolutely spot on, it's about honouring the Stones story accurately and fairly. It doesn't matter what water has passed under the bridge, that shouldn't detract from contributions from the music.

It seems to be whoever is in Jagger's good books, gets mentioned or kept in photos.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1869
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home